Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I give you that. :)

Still, decomp, death band, 6 months missing, LE had very good reasons for thinking it.

I'm seriously wondering, (not trying to be a smart a$$,at all) but is there still anyone who believes she's alive? Are there still hardliners out there lurking?
Just curious!

I can't say that I believe she is still alive. But, I HOPE she is.

HISuzi. I am only talking about this incident. Flowers are not for those that have passed on, they are for us living to feel better by contributing and paying respect. My only issue is that why not just leave these people alone right now? We all have a pretty good idea what will happen if we leave things about Caylee being dead around their house. If I wanted to set up a memorial or donate flowers i would do it away from their house. We could almost guess what would happen.
Funny thing happened at my son's school. A 16 year old girl waltzed into the lunch room and promptly placed her purse on a table and left the room. The purse flopped open and sitting right on top was $6 or 700 in cash!
Some of the students grabbed some money.It was a big to do.
Of course the kids that stole the money got in trouble.
But so did the young girl that brought the money. Because even though her actions were innocent, we all could have guessed what would happen.It just wasn't smart or well thought through.
Remember...there is no handbook when it comes to grieving (now that sounds familiar)...people react instinctively when a child is involved...they want to remember the child first and foremost. Yes, they may not have been thinking it all through, but IMO it doesn't seem appropriate to discount their feelings by removing the flowers.

Why not just let the flowers be? How about Blanchard Park? That was public property. I'm all for understanding what someone might be going through, but heck, when does grief and denial make "everything" ok for them to do? Grief and denial does not give someone a free ticket to do and behave anyway they choose. It does not give anyone the right to break the law (in reference to the entire family,time will tell), and if they want to behave uncooth and without class the rest of us that views that as behaving badly have every right to feel that way.
OH and Suzi i totally agree that we all have the right to feel the way we do. I don't think that is an issue, that's what makes the world go round.

Sorry, my message didn't come off as I wanted it to. I didn't mean they wanted to be left alone. It's just my opinion that they should be left alone.
Oh. Well, that's very different. Never mind!
vfujjt_th.jpg

Remember...there is no handbook when it comes to grieving (now that sounds familiar)...people react instinctively when a child is involved...they want to remember the child first and foremost. Yes, they may not have been thinking it all through, but IMO it doesn't seem appropriate to discount their feelings by removing the flowers.
Ican't argue with that. But you have to agree that these are not normal circumstances and leaving those flowers at the house was probably not the wisest move, considering what we have seen go on there.jmho of course.

hah ty...yes it was a good debate and no personal attacks. You are all on the Nice list before Christmas.

LMAO and trying to stay that way. It ain't easy in this case !! :blowkiss:

Please move this post to the proper place- thanks- Geraldo was just on Fox- Lee was picking up a cross and flowers someone placed outside the Anthony home- the reporter asked Lee what he was doing while picking them up. All he could say "dont step on my property" Geraldo was trying to ask him questions regarding Casey. Lee seemed very angry about the cross and flowers

!:mad: I didn't realize lee anthony owned the home on hopespring!:waitasec:
all i can say is RUN MALLORY...........................R U N!!

lee, you are better off staying low that way you don't show your true colors so openly.

:cow: imo

HISuzi. I am only talking about this incident. Flowers are not for those that have passed on, they are for us living to feel better by contributing and paying respect. My only issue is that why not just leave these people alone right now? We all have a pretty good idea what will happen if we leave things about Caylee being dead around their house. If I wanted to set up a memorial or donate flowers i would do it away from their house. We could almost guess what would happen.
Funny thing happened at my son's school. A 16 year old girl waltzed into the lunch room and promptly placed her purse on a table and left the room. The purse flopped open and sitting right on top was $6 or 700 in cash!
Some of the students grabbed some money.It was a big to do.
Of course the kids that stole the money got in trouble.
But so did the young girl that brought the money. Because even though her actions were innocent, we all could have guessed what would happen.It just wasn't smart or well thought through.

At my husband funeral. People said the dumbest things to me. Like I'll find another man in no time. I wanted to smack them. Even though I was in grief, I didn't smack them. Ohhhh, maybe throwing thier flowers away in front of them would have been good. I don't think anyone would have viewed that as ok for me to do, no matter how much grief I was in. And you know what? I wasn't 4 years old and knew that wasn't the right thing to do. However, at the time I was not aware that bad behavior was ok as long as I was grieving.

Memorial = Caylee is dead
Memorial = Caylee has been found
+Memorial = KC is going down
------------------------------
Memorial has to go

LMAO and trying to stay that way. It ain't easy in this case !! :blowkiss:

You are so right! This case sure brings out all of the emotions. I sure appreciate reading everyone's views though - even when we disagree. Sometimes I am even swayed to change my opinion! LOL

Ican't argue with that. But you have to agree that these are not normal circumstances and leaving those flowers at the house was probably not the wisest move, considering what we have seen go on there.jmho of course.
After the Sheriff's very stern warning, I'm surprised anyone dared to go near the house.

At my husband funeral. People said the dumbest things to me. Like I'll find another man in no time. I wanted to smack them. Even though I was in grief, I didn't smack them. Ohhhh, maybe throwing thier flowers away in front of them would have been good. I don't think anyone would have viewed that as ok for me to do, no matter how much grief I was in. And you know what? I wasn't 4 years old and knew that wasn't the right thing to do. However, at the time I was not aware that bad behavior was ok as long as I was grieving.
You know, I'm starting to seriously wonder if the entire family might not suffer from Asperger's syndrome. It's as if they don't know how to interact socially outside their own little family hand.

Oh wow - that's pretty bad. There are alot of people out there who have no tact. It is a good thing you do or there would have been alot of people at that funeral with flowers imbedded in their foreheads.

In all seriousness, I am sorry for your loss.

You know, I'm starting to seriously wonder if the entire family might not suffer from Asperger's syndrome. It's as if they don't know how to interact socially outside their own little family hand.
Diane...thanks for making me laugh.

Suzi, I think you are describing two completely different scenarios and I don't think it's a fair comparison. but, I do not argue with the fact that throwing them away was rude, but I am arguing the fact that I understand where that behavior is coming from and I don't think it is all that complex. There is a very strong and deep dynamic going on between the Anthony family and the public and this was just another manifestation of that antagonism. I also am suspect of many of the people hanging around the house and that factors in also.
:blowkiss: love you dear.

I've never liked anything about Lee except his looks; however, in this instance, I can't criticize his reaction to finding a makeshift cross with a "Where is Caylee" tee-shirt hanging on it in his parents' yard.

I think he mistook it for a jeer aimed at his parents for their confrontational insistence that Caylee was alive and KC was innocent. Heck, I don't know it wasn't intended to be exactly that.

Since he couldn't be sure either, he should have removed it, taken it into the house--and then into the garage to dispose of it in private. Had he done so, he would have shamed the "jeerers" (if they were that,) and spared the feelings of the well-meaning, (if they were that).

His actions today remind me of his rude and unnecessary) announcement that all the donated stuffed animals had been thrown in the trash because some smelled like cigarette smoke!

His behavior is uncouth, and I'm starting to think that the cause isn't arrogance, or deliberate rudeness--it's simply ignorance. Many critical comments have been made about Cindy's behavior in her front yard, during media interviews, and most recently, her lack of manners during her newly released interview with the FBI agents.

I'm starting to think she (and Lee) aren't ignoring the rules of common courtesy and rudimentary good manners; I think the two of them at least, may be completely ignorant of those guideliness--from the little things like not chomping gum during an interview to not provoking or engaging in arguments or shoving matches in the front yard. They are such an attractive, educated, middle-class family that it's hard to believe they don't know any better, but I don't think they do. IMHO :)

What do you expect? Those people are originally from Niles, Ohio. (sorry to all the good people from Niles) but that town has always had a reputation as being "rough".
Also, my cousin used to be married to a Niles police officer--and that's all I'm going to say about that!

Oh wow - that's pretty bad. There are alot of people out there who have no tact. It is a good thing you do or there would have been alot of people at that funeral with flowers imbedded in their foreheads.

In all seriousness, I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you, I can laugh at it now. Between the funerals me and my sis have been through, we almost wrote a book called "Dumb things people say at funerals". We wrote a list and it was getting quite long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed