LEE Takes Memorial Away from Front of House

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think she (and Lee) aren't ignoring the rules of common courtesy and rudimentary good manners; I think the two of them at least, may be completely ignorant of those guideliness--from the little things like not chomping gum during an interview to not provoking or engaging in arguments or shoving matches in the front yard. They are such an attractive, educated, middle-class family that it's hard to believe they don't know any better, but I don't think they do. IMHO :)

I agree with you. They are definitely lacking in the social etiquette department. I have met a few people through the years who seem to speak without a "filter"; in other words, they say whatever pops into their heads without thinking about the consequences. BUT I have never seen an entire family behave this way. It really is a study in odd behavior.

I totally agree. Flowers aren't for the dead, they are for the living. i think someone offering a nice place for others to pay their tribute, so they all feel like they are doing what they can would be a lovely gesture.
They could then take them and redistribute them to brighten a nursing center or a daycare so they are not wasted. It would be a great way to recycle those into something nice for others to appreciate.

They just do not act like a grieving family to me. Nothing they have done indicates they have shed one tear over this baby, never asked for kidnappers to bring her home, noever have they thanked anyone for anything and have done their very best to act like all they are worried about is KC. I think back to Carly Brusha, the whole famly was on TV begging for help and they expressed their gratitude to everyone who helped in any way. There were several memorials to her before she was found and nobody ripped those down. It has been the same way for other missing children in FL and their family has not acted this way.

I feel sorry for the A's, not because they have lost their grandchild, but because they are very evil, cold people who just do not care, it seems.

What does it hurt for someone to place a flower, cross or anything else in memory of Caylee? I just do not get it. I totally breaks my heart and she was nothing to me, but a lost child who did not deserve what was done to her.
I completely agree with this whole post (especially the parts I bolded)!:clap::clap::clap:

I am in the minority, but I'm not buying into it. Why would the A's be grieving now? They KNEW on July 15, that Caysee was dead and who did it. They've been grieving for the past 5 months, in their own way. Nobody with an ounce of intelligence believed Casey's 'story'. They all smelled the car, recognized the smell of death, were told that a strand of Caylee's hair with the death band was found in the trunk. They KNEW full well that Caylee was dead months ago. Why would they be grieving now? No way, not buying it.
Exactly, they weren't in denial, they were in cover-up mode.

I remember how very angry I was when my brother died from natural causes after a very long illness. I was mad at everyone....I would just say whatever to anyone without given any thought to how harsh my words may have sounded. People react differently to handling their grief. Some cry, some withdraw, some could bite the heads off of nails...you just don't know until it happens.

Maybe that memorial in the front yard was just too much of a visual to the pain that LA may be feeling. I know I even felt annoyed that people sent plants and marked them for the funeral home to send home with the family. I didn't want any of those plants in my home. Don't ask me why I had such a reaction to something that was really a kind gesture of condolence....it just hit me hard having to look at them. We had them taken to a rest home to be enjoyed by the patients there.

Lady Sleuth
jmho

Now see how different we can be. When my son passed away, although I didn't want to talk to anyone, it made my heart swell that so many people loved him (and me) when they did such things. I was SO grateful for the thoughtfulness of others.

They could then take them and redistribute them to brighten a nursing center or a daycare so they are not wasted. It would be a great way to recycle those into something nice for others to appreciate.
Exactly. Why do it at the Anthony's house? it is just a haven for controversy and pain.

This is horrible. Whomever put it there had only thoughts of Caylee in their heart. Apparently Lee does not.

I hope he checked on the cat while he was there. They didn't take the Cat with them when they left yesterday, AND THAT makes me mad.

Oh, that's been on my mind too! :)

I wish the whole family could realize that people everywhere are grieving for Caylee. The flowers weren't exactly going to attack them, so really, what harm was there?

The act of tossing them just echoes all the anger and rudeness that we've been seeing all along, to me.

That was an exciting thread. Thanks for the good debate folks. not too much damage and just a little bit of name calling LOL.

"Grieving" or not, those flowers and gifts were meant for CAYLEE, not Lee, not Cindy, not George. They were left in memory of CAYLEE, the VICTIM, that was KILLED, not Lee, not Cindy, not George. This was not about Lee, Cindy or George. Someone left those there to respect Caylee Anthony, something her own family could not seem to do just this once. They had no right to deny Caylee that honor or anyone from giving her that honor.

Caylee is not there to see them, but George and Cindy are.

JoAnn_W

Exactly. I mean the people around there have been pretty rough on the Anthony's and now he is supposed to make nice nice with them because he has been almost proven wrong?
I think these people should go put memorials over on Suburban and get away from the Anthony home. Why does everyone keep going there like it is an attraction? We are going to have another murder and a suicide on our hands if the media and all the looky loos don't get out of there pretty soon. This is a living nightmare.

ITA!!!

O/T JBean - I have enjoyed reading your "non-Mod" posts today. Hopefully, that means us WSers are being nice instead of naughty!:)

ITA!!!

O/T JBean - I have enjoyed reading your "non-Mod" posts today. Hopefully, that means us WSers are being nice instead of naughty!:)
hah ty...yes it was a good debate and no personal attacks. You are all on the Nice list before Christmas.

Not premature when there's been tentative identification of her. Caylee has not been kidnapped and is going to walk through the front door alive. There are no other missing kids around there. DNA Id is a formality. Face it, this is Caylee. Lee was the disrespectful one.

Well then by gosh why have an autopsy? Let's just skip the formality and expense of that since we all believe it to be Caylee. (sarcasm).

It is premature because she has not been formally declared dead. Period. I also believe it to be Caylee...but I certainly wouldn't go put up a cross in their yard at this stage. Lee was quick and hasty to pick the stuff up because he was being harrassed by the media while he was doing it and just wanted to get it and go back inside. Could he have done it in a more sensitive manner? Probably - but he certainly doesn't have to. I don't think he intended it to be disrespectful, just like the person that put it there was probably not intending to be disrespectful.

Now see how different we can be. When my son passed away, although I didn't want to talk to anyone, it made my heart swell that so many people loved him (and me) when they did such things. I was SO grateful for the thoughtfulness of others.
Yeah, I'd react like you, not take it as anger at people wanting to memorialize and pay tribute to the deceased.

Exactly. Why do it at the Anthony's house? it is just a haven for controversy and pain.
As I stated in an earlier post, because it's the house where Caylee lived, and most likely died.

If they truly wanted to be left alone, they would not have appeared on Greta, Nancy Grace, Larry King, the Today show, the ABC morning news, and every TV station in the greater Orlando area (on multiple occasions). Not to mention their public appearances at various charity functions.

They don't want to be left alone - they just don't want to be contradicted.

I think that sums them up.

I don't deny or doubt that they're grieving, but everything they do screams "Look at us!".

hah ty...yes it was a good debate and no personal attacks. You are all on the Nice list before Christmas.

Yay!!!! What are ya gonna get me, huh??? Come on...Is it going to be in the wheat family, maybe??? :D

Well then by gosh why have an autopsy? Let's just skip the formality and expense of that since we all believe it to be Caylee. (sarcasm).

It is premature because she has not been formally declared dead. Period. I also believe it to be Caylee...but I certainly wouldn't go put up a cross in their yard at this stage. Lee was quick and hasty to pick the stuff up because he was being harrassed by the media while he was doing it and just wanted to get it and go back inside. Could he have done it in a more sensitive manner? Probably - but he certainly doesn't have to. I don't think he intended it to be disrespectful, just like the person that put it there was probably not intending to be disrespectful.
I would, just as Leonard Padilla decided to have a memorial prior to her body being found, even Tim Miller stated this is Caylee. The DNA Id is a formality for legal reasons. Who else do you think this dead body could be?:doh: It's like asking who else could have been the dead body in Casey's trunk. Logically, it's Caylee, now her body has been found, the official grieving can begin, the ID is only a matter of time.

Yeah, I'd react like you, not take it as anger at people wanting to memorialize and pay tribute to the deceased.

I am not trying to be difficult here, but I don't see how you can compare this to what the A's have gone through and the situation surrounding this case. Losing a loved one in a car accident, or due to illness, and having people set up a memorial can't possibly compare to memorials left at the A's home. This has been a site of 5 months of gawkers and protestors who have constantly put up signs and other displays of their disgust for the A family. This could easily be seen as something intended to rub it in their faces. I, for one, am starting to convince myself it was intended to rub it in...mainly because a cross was put up before the death of Caylee has been formally announced. I think that smacks of disrespect and "we told you so".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the point of your original post that George and Cindy had asked to be "left alone"?

Sorry, my message didn't come off as I wanted it to. I didn't mean they wanted to be left alone. It's just my opinion that they should be left alone.

Yes, they got in front of cameras. Mostly Cindy. And what I heard her say, over and over again, was that she was looking for a "live" Caylee and her purpose was to spread the message that her granddaughter was out there and to ask for help in finding her. She made a million actions in word and deed that she didn't want to hear from anyone about a deceased Caylee.

Until she says otherwise, I'm thinking she is still of that mind set. She has often said that until she has proof, the baby deserves to be looked for. It seems to me she is laying low and praying everyone's assumptions are wrong.

As a mother and grandmother, she is probably upset about the remains of any child found. She is obviously stuck in a denial phase. She may or may not snap out of it when/if the remains are identified as Caylee's.

The A's may be unlikable people, and we alll have these opinions about their involvement (before and after), but all I have right now is what they said- they won't give up without proof. I just think it's in poor taste to put flowers near their property. Why not place flowers about 20 feet or so from the entrance to the woods where the body was found? That way the flowers are for "Baby Jane Doe." Just my opinion.

JoAnn_W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member