Legal Questions for our VERIFIED Lawyers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the court has ordered a psych evaluation can ica refuse to cooperate, and if so, can the doctors submit their findings based soley on her statements?
Thank you

Yes, she can refuse to cooperate. And yes, they could try and diagnose her by reviewing other information.

is it possible for a juror to hibernate sort of, the human animal at times rests their eyes with all the bruhaha amidst them - the distractions and flourescent lights. And, it must be like a stage side show at times? I sat jury and, we were united and had a bond. Would that question:juror sleeping be asked to stand up, stretch and . could a comparison to a bear that is silent. I would not assume if eyes are closed they are sleep or shall I assume this? Is it not possible for improved concentration to close ones' eye?

my text is for AZ Law to utilize and is the intended recipient . ♥

I don't think I ever got an answer from the Lawyers:

Can a kidnapping charge be brought against the defendant, even though she is considered the custodial parent?

IMO, ICA kidnapped Caylee from the domicile of George and Cindy, held her captive, and would not disclose where she was for 31 days.

(I will try to edit/delete my question if that has already been answered in the charges, etc.)

Thank you.

sorry,i thought i posted a question here after 3 years....Lord knows where it went, I apologize. Just wanted to know why the ICA and the DT didn.t claim multiple personalaties ? Would'nt that be prudent ?

I have followed this case from the start, on topix ! I don't facebook,myspace but i havhave a couple of questions...respectivley.
Why didn't the DT take he position about multiple personalities and one doesn't remember what thhe other one did...sorry if this has been addressed I am soooo glad we are here to talk about the case .
I'm assuming JB doesn't have a psych eval to back that up.

Here is a list of the verified posters. :) I see we have some new verified attorneys. My apologies. xoxoxo

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133085"]Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I live in FL and it is my understanding if she is sentenced to death she has a choice between lethal injection or good old "sparky" is that correct ?

Hello. I have just a general question. Is it true that a prosecutor cannot come and directly call the defendent a liar?? So in this case there will never be a moment the state can actually call kc a liar but have to soft play their words with things like "Not telling the truth" ?? I heard this from a lawyer in the state of Colorado, I could have misheard, or maybe it's just a colorado thing?? I'm just curious

Thanks in advance :)

OK, I need three volunteers in about 25 minutes to help me test my show. You need a phone and you need to be able to make a long distance phone call for a long time.

Anyone? Email me at tgrif@xmission.com with your phone number.

In about 25 minutes (12 AM ET/9 PM PT) I need to do a pretend show. I need callers to call in and such.

OK, I need three volunteers in about 25 minutes to help me test my show. You need a phone and you need to be able to make a long distance phone call for a long time.

Anyone? Email me at tgrif@xmission.com with your phone number.

In about 25 minutes (12 AM ET/9 PM PT) I need to do a pretend show. I need callers to call in and such.

Email sent!

For anyone who is wondering, please help us :welcome: beachbumming to our Verified Lawyers group!

Thank you so much, beachbumming for sharing your knowledge with us!

In closing arguments, will Baez be able to continue to pull theories out of thin air, or must he stick to facts presented?
JB has to argue the facts that are in evidence, but there is no telling what his spin will be.

OK, still learning my way around ,how to post etc... if convicted in FL does she automatically get to appeal ??

Let me ask this. If, big if, this new defense witness the grief nurse is approved to testify, does Mr. Baez not first have to lay a foundation for this theory that George molested Casey? Prior to her testifying by using other witnesses? Or has the state opened the door by pointing out all of Casey's unusual behavior?

I'm sorry for not being able to go through the whole thread to see if this was asked before (as well as being ignorant and not already knowing this answer).

If ICA actually does take the stand and on direct talks about sexual abuse and more details regarding the accident (which I'm not convinced she'll actually do), is she legally able to plead the 5th as soon as it's time for her to be cross-examined? If that is the case, could she simply say, "I plead the 5th to all questions," or would she have to invoke her right to each individual question SA asks her?

Thanks in advance :tyou:

My apologies if this has been asked and answered, I've missed it if so. I've been looking at ICA's booking record and charges.

http://apps.ocfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?BookNumber=08049710&ID=10340693861142

Besides others, I've noticed she has also been indicted on:

Charges

Case Sequence: 962
Case Status: Presentenced
#Bond Amount: 0.00
Police Case Number: n/a
Court Location: CIRCUIT
Arresting Agency: Orange County Sheriff Office
Charge/Court Case Number: First Degree Murder
482008CF15606O
Note: (grand Jury Indictment)
Police Case Number: n/a
Court Location: CIRCUIT
Arresting Agency: Orange County Sheriff Office
Charge/Court Case Number: Aggravated Manslaughter Of A Child
482008CF15606O
Note: (grand Jury Indictment)

My question is she is being tried for First degree murder but still has a aggravated Manslaughter charge pending. I'm not exactly sure how this works but I think her lawyers could ask for the jury to consider a lesser included decision like manslaughter instead of first degree. (unsure)

If they only consider first degree and she is found not guilty, what happens to the manslaughter charge? Would double jeopardy apply?

Many thanks to our lawyers, it's very much much appreciated.

Respectfully<

How in the world can you get a witnesses medical records...., they are not on trial doesn't HIPPA apply ? sorry if this has already been addressed.

I was called for jury duty,first time in my life, defendant had access via the jury questionare of my name, empoymentl, position home address,family/friends occupations IMO that is not right BTW they did not choose me !

Popping into this thread to thank all the verified lawyers who so patiently answer our many questions. It's very kind of all of you. I love browsing this thread and learning.

So Jose has never even acted as co-counsel in a DP trial, I don't believe. Is CM's only obligation to sit in on the trial as a death penalty qualified lawyer? That seems very unethical, particularly since Jose is so unqualified. Are these partnerships with dp unqualified lead counsel and credentialed co-counsel common? Is the co-counsel typically a little more "hands on" with the case?

Thanks

welcome beachbumming and thanks again for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV