Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had an addiction problem, but have been through long, grueling months of cancer treatement - surgery, chemo, radiation, etc. Like other cancer patients, I know how grueling and painful it can be dealing with the side effects of chemo - months of illness, bone pain, digestive tract problems, mouth sores so bad you can barely even eat soup, debilitating depression, hair falling out, constant hot flashes, numbness in hands and feet, chemo brain so bad you can't remember your own phone number, fever, giving yourself shots in the stomach. Most of us go through that daily for months at a time. But we do it because we want to live, to raise our families and be with our friends.

Maybe it would help addicts to think of that, to really ask themselves how much they're willing to go through to kick their addiction. To think about other people who tolerate much worse problems for a much longer period of time for the same end result - to live. If we can tolerate that for months and, for some, years, you can do it, too.

In my experience, they do think of that , in fact that is usually the driving force for them to get clean.
Unfortunately many times that dragon on their back just has an unbelievable hold over them and sometimes the dragon wins the fight.

I'm even more sad now, I'm worried about Mayte , she is obviously hurting and obviously has never gotten over Prince ...
I have a feeling he never got over her either , but we all move on.
Edited to add...id probably have fun hanging out with her.in another forum she is being criticized for saying in interviews with Prince that she tries to get him to work less.
Maybe that wouldn't have been such a bad thing for him to do ... in light of the price he paid ...

[video=youtu;eR_vFJU1Byw]http://youtu.be/eR_vFJU1Byw[/video]

In my experience, they do think of that , in fact that is usually the driving force for them to get clean.
Unfortunately many times that dragon on their back just has an unbelievable hold over them and sometimes the dragon wins the fight.

Thanks for explaining. Is that part of the psychological addiction? Just wondering. I do have a niece who has been going through this for several years now.

Thanks for explaining. Is that part of the psychological addiction? Just wondering. I lldo have a niece who has been going through this for several years now.

It absolutely is , that s why it so important that they get counseling as well. I have gotten close with many people who were going through the same thing as me ,in fact belong to an online support group that is so valuable in support and education for both the addict and their families.There are several out there,but Sober Living Recovery probably saved my sanit and I highly recommend it.I believe that one reason that some cross over into addiction territory vs dependancy is due to underlying psychological issues.
Many will debate that theory , but it's my theory and I'm sticking to i.
I'm so sorry about your niece,addiction touches everyone around it .i will pray for y'all.
So many good people are taken by addiction , I can't remember who said it but I keep thinking of it in regards to Prince..
"ADDICTION WANTS TO GET YOU ALONE IN A ROOM AND KILL YOU "
Profound to me .....

I've never had an addiction problem, but have been through long, grueling months of cancer treatement - surgery, chemo, radiation, etc. Like other cancer patients, I know how grueling and painful it can be dealing with the side effects of chemo - months of illness, bone pain, digestive tract problems, mouth sores so bad you can barely even eat soup, debilitating depression, hair falling out, constant hot flashes, numbness in hands and feet, chemo brain so bad you can't remember your own phone number, fever, giving yourself shots in the stomach. Most of us go through that daily for months at a time. But we do it because we want to live, to raise our families and be with our friends.

Maybe it would help addicts to think of that, to really ask themselves how much they're willing to go through to kick their addiction. To think about other people who tolerate much worse problems for a much longer period of time for the same end result - to live. If we can tolerate that for months and, for some, years, you can do it, too.

Betty P, thank you for this post. I am so sorry you went through this/ are going through this hell.
In my case and experience addiction (coke from 1990-2004) was from me self medicating from years of mental trauma, PTSD, mental illness being diagnosed incorrectly and acute chronic pain.
I would never ever compare my case with what you and countless others dealing with Cancer and other deadly diseases go through.
When I was diagnosed with RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) also known as CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome). I was told the pain and symptoms are worse than cancer pain. This is what my Dr. Told me. I still don't believe it and I can't splain why. I even got a little card like a business card to carry in me wallet in case I needed to let others know why, at that time could not even be touched.
I feel so bad for even typing that explanation.
RSD is bizarre and I am much improved from that hell. I just wish all my other pain crap would improve.
In the throws of chronic pain and addiction, I don't have the will to live, I have the will to die and it cannot happen soon enough.
I am being completely honest and I at this time am not suicidal, I am trying to explain what all this mess is like.

I take Dilaudid for my pain and have been for years and I am addicted physically and emotionally. That is a horrible reality of chronic pain sufferers and the like. I will say withdrawals from Oxycodone in my experience are worse than with Dilaudid. I don't know why because Dilaudid is much, much stronger. It could also be an individual thing.

Betty P, I find it so hard to understand your will to live when you are having to deal with being close to deaths door, all the horrible symptoms and side effects of cancer. You are on the top of the Totem pole in my book and you are an inspiration to me and I'm sure many other because of your will and fight to live.

Aw, this thread is getting me down lately.

Oh, sure - we could think of Prince alone in the elevator. We could think of scandalous rumors about him. Or, we could think of Prince alone and scandalous like this:

[video=youtube;l3aGmAPihIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3aGmAPihIg&ab_channel=PrinceRocks[/video]

And we can think of him like this..,,dammmmmnnnnn......

[video=youtu;oMoJaYdwAkE]http://youtu.be/oMoJaYdwAkE[/video]

So my son just listened to The Gold Experience album for the first time ever .....
Edited to add, don't judge....he's 24

Dear Lord, I forgot how good Dirty Mind was !

Funnnkkkkyyyy !

:seeya:

Daily mail has an overlay when I try to bring it up on my phone.

What does this article say?
Basically, around 700 people have claimed to be siblings or children of Prince, and DNA tests are being done. The trustee said there's only one likely.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Whatever will we do without The Purple One ....

[video=youtu;D15woX5EqLk]http://youtu.be/D15woX5EqLk[/video]

I hope something is released this week regarding his cause of death. Although the DEA stepping in also makes me think this will become a long drawn-out ordeal. Can anyone explain how the DEA could "help" with the investigation? It just sounds like they're adding more bureaucrats into the equation, but maybe it's because of the interstate components (Kornfelds) of the investigation that requires DEA involvement.

I don't know why I can't stop wondering about it.

The more I read, the more I realize what a very unusual life Prince had. I can't imagine the emotional strain/burden of having to maintain the image of "superlativity" and the enigmatic imperative that he had cultivated. He lived, "worked" and slept inside a huge building, with no line of demarcation between day and night, work and "the rest of life" and was surrounded by a clandestine cache of peeps who were banished if they broke a rule. It just sounds creepy and lonely. It sounds like he was a secret cyber stalker, looking for people for whom he could contact (in a secret, mysterious way) to make his protégées (e.g., that photographer who he found via You Tube) or trying to catch people bootlegging his art. I'd imagine it would be difficult to maintain a persona of such a super secret, enigmatic, mysterious, untouchable, unknowable, musically-above-all-others man.

It it would be fascinating to get a look into his true daily life and the realities of his existence. I can't help but think so much of his life was a show just to maintain an image.

I'm not dissing him, to each his own! I just think his life must have been bizarre. I hope he had some happiness.

The AA 12 steps are highly regarded in most rehab programs in some fashion .
The first step is ...
To admit that you are powerless over alcohol or your drug of choice ( its treated the same as alcohol is a drug )
And that your life had become unmanageable ...

BET Interview and performance.
[video=youtube;W-TeaVxcNoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TeaVxcNoU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam