Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Oh love the slow let's go crazy!

Wonderfulness!!!

Great find cubbeegirl

Omg - can't believe I am up so late - even for me, the night owl of the east coast! But I am really enjoying this radio show full of of great versions of songs and live tracks...

I was jamming out , digging it and then the last twenty minutes just gutted me !
I'm especially fond of early Prince and this show covered it all !
" If I was your girlfriend " ...awesome !

Elvis Presley was the King of "Rock and Roll"
Michael Jackson was the King of "Pop"
And, Prince with his birth name was, well just Prince...

While I agree with the elevation sentiment, I think even Prince knew he was far and away in some other stratosphere and never needed a definition, musicially or otherwise. The more I read about him, I can see why he chose to live and work in Minnesota, out of the glaring spotlight... And safe in the arms of Minneapolis.

I often wonder how geniuses cope? In that respect, I think he felt isolated.

I wonder about that too - he did seem quite solitary towards the end of his life (despite all his friends).

I thought the fact that he had his house on the PP compound demolished when he and Manuela divorced showed how deeply that must have affected him.

I think one of the saddest things is that he never found long term happiness and contentment in a relationship despite bringing so much joy and earning the love of so many people worldwide.

This track seems quite melancholy - wonder if it reflected how he felt (even though it came out at a point when he was married....)

[video=youtube;v6zDFBwsXBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6zDFBwsXBc[/video]

Thanks everyone! I will check out all these videos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I still cry. Two of the world's greatest, Prince and MJ. They gave the world so much.

Just feels so empty without them, but I have Prince: You got the look, Michael: D.S.

RIP, hope you are both dancing away.

And Sinéad O'Connor's great single, "Nothing Compares 2 U":

[video=youtube;-ZCiHsIfrOg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZCiHsIfrOg[/video]

Yeah, the term gets overused -- but Prince really was a genius.

Yes, he was. I always thought Prince was great....

Awesome! Oh love the slow let's go crazy!

Wonderfulness!!!

Great find cubbeegirl

Omg - can't believe I am up so late - even for me, the night owl of the east coast! But I am really enjoying this radio show full of of great versions of songs and live tracks...

They need to package and sell that one..,I'd buy it for sure !
It was phenomenal !

I wonder about that too - he did seem quite solitary towards the end of his life (despite all his friends).

I thought the fact that he had his house on the PP compound demolished when he and Manuela divorced showed how deeply that must have affected him.

I think one of the saddest things is that he never found long term happiness and contentment in a relationship despite bringing so much joy and earning the love of so many people worldwide.

This track seems quite melancholy - wonder if it reflected how he felt (even though it came out at a point when he was married....)

[video=youtube;v6zDFBwsXBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6zDFBwsXBc[/video]

We have been talking about that in another forum and as much as we all love Prince, we kinda feel Manuela doing what she did was a bit if karma for what went down with Mayte .
And I think he may have figured out Manuela played him like a violin .
I just can't with her...

Maybe Eric Benet may be her karma visit ?

It pains me to think that Prince's legacy in some people's minds will be "just another addicted celebrity." I don't want his artistry and gifts reduced to as stuff of "just another addict." I don't want Prince dismissed like that.

I guess I can't control what people will think.

I do hope that his pain-killer problems will open conversations up. I wasn't a particular fan of Karen Carpenter, but her problems with anorexia seemed to bring the issue into the public arena. Rock Hudson with AIDS. Betty Ford with alcoholism. Etc.

We have many issues with over-abundance, addiction, dependence, etc. in our culture and I would like to see them addressed....and not shoved aside as something only weak or decadent people "deserve." Maybe Prince's issues will be a step forward. I wish he were here to write a song about it.

RBBM: Thank you, Inthedetails for saying what I have been thinking.

Prince estate claimants object to genetic testing

Associated Press 12:40 p.m. EDT May 24, 2016

Chaska, Minn. — Two people claiming to be heirs of Prince’s estate are objecting to having to take blood and genetic tests to prove their relationship to the musician...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/people/2016/05/24/prince-estate/84854256/
Well, well, well I guess those two don't want to be ridiculed in the public eye for making false claims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member