Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my opinion and maybe it's because I don't want to believe he was a drug abuser by choice or that he had HIV. We've long heard he had problems with his hips. Think about it, you're 57, having issues with both hips yet you play a concert that would be taxing even on a younger, healthier person. You take two percocet and that doesn't help (probably from your body developing a resistance from extended use), so you take two more and so on. Before you know you've taken too many. That's probably what happened on the plane but luckily he wasn't alone and was able to get help.
My fiance has chronic back pain from a car accident. He's been taking painkillers for a couple years now and they barely work anymore.

I do not believe he just took four. If he was filling scripts in Minnesota 4 times in less than a week, he was in bad shape, with or without a respiratory issue at the same time.

Three days before Prince's death, "Blind Gossip," which I guess is some kind of celebrity gossip web site, posted a story that a "HUGE" AA celebrity was in full blown AIDS and was not expected to make it past the summer. Allegedly, sources told the web site that this celebrity had been diagnosed as HIV positive in the 90s, took meds, and had done just fine, until he was convinced by others of his religion that he was "cured" and should stop taking the meds. Sadly, the un-named celebrity went into full blown AIDS and was in severe pain and distress. Many commenting to the article were guessing it was Prince, based on the religious fervor angle.

I'm thinking the autopsy would confirm or deny the presence of AIDs? On the one hand, it seems like he is as deserving of anyone else of privacy regarding his medical status (HIPAA remains in effect for 50 years after death, IIRC). But because this is an open police case, that right to privacy is rescinded?

Again, if any of these rumors are confirmed, it doesn't lessen my respect for the man. He was a genius, and apparently a philanthropist.

Three days before Prince's death, "Blind Gossip," which I guess is some kind of celebrity gossip web site, posted a story that a "HUGE" AA celebrity was in full blown AIDS and was not expected to make it past the summer. Allegedly, sources told the web site that this celebrity had been diagnosed as HIV positive in the 90s, took meds, and had done just fine, until he was convinced by others of his religion that he was "cured" and should stop taking the meds. Sadly, the un-named celebrity went into full blown AIDS and was in severe pain and distress. Many commenting to the article were guessing it was Prince, based on the religious fervor angle.

I'm thinking the autopsy would confirm or deny the presence of AIDs? On the one hand, it seems like he is as deserving of anyone else of privacy regarding his medical status (HIPAA remains in effect for 50 years after death, IIRC). But because this is an open police case, that right to privacy is rescinded?

Again, if any of these rumors are confirmed, it doesn't lessen my respect for the man. He was a genius, and apparently a philanthropist.

Where did you hear this? Do you have a link?

CNN saying now that LE news conference will be at 4:00PM (Eastern).

Bernie Mack died and had walking pneumonia as well.

So the hiv thing may be for gossip purposes.

Especially since Prince would have done the same Magic Johnson treatment. Especially since Mag has still been healthy and around for 24 years after getting hiv.

So people die from walking pneumonia all the time. So hiv may not be the actual cause. Jmo

Yes, it does happen…

Death of Bernard Edwards: Chic

“In 1996 Nile Rodgers was named JT Superproducer of the Year in Japan, and was invited to perform there with Chic in April of that year. Just before the concert at the Budokan Arena in Tokyo, Edwards fell ill, but despite Rodgers' insistence, refused to cancel the gig. He managed to perform but had to be helped at times. At one point, Edwards blacked out for a few seconds before resuming his playing. Rodgers assumed the absence of bass was a deliberate improvisation and did not learn the truth until after the show. After the concert, Edwards retired to his hotel room where he was later found dead by Rodgers. The cause of death was ruled to be pneumonia.[1] Edwards' final performance was later issued as the album Live at the Budokan.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Edwards

Okay folks. Who did you like better and why during the glove challenge?

Prince or Michael Jackson?

I had read that BG item, too, about a week ago, I think. People were guessing Prince, Cosby, Lamar Odom... and then Prince dies :( I wish, since he was such a private person, much like Bowie, that the media would back off and leave him in peace. But, it's the age of instant news and everyone wants to be first with the biggest "story". It's not a story, though, it's someone's life <3

Okay folks. Who did you like better and why during the glove challenge?

Prince or Michael Jackson?

Imo. Michael Jackson was the cutest child performer that ever existed in the entire world.

But from a musician stand point. Prince had MJ beat in the older years.

So Imo. Prince was the best original musician out of the 2 since Prince played more instruments.

But Michael Jackson was way more of a musical-performer aristocrat. Jmo.

But still. I was a Big Prince fan as all of us are.

And he will be missed.

Watching the news conference... "no reason to believe this was suicide".

It will be interesting to see how long in between calls to him, (unanswered) to when 911 was called.

This sheriff is going to keep Prince's personal info private.Good for him,not everything is peoples business.

Last seen alive around 8pm the night before... did I hear that right? He was discovered around twelve hours later.

Breaks my heart :(

I do not believe he just took four. If he was filling scripts in Minnesota 4 times in less than a week, he was in bad shape, with or without a respiratory issue at the same time.

I was using four as an example...i.e. you may double your dose, heck you may triple it if you're in severe pain and the usual dosage isn't working.

Prince was known to have hip problems, for which he refused to have surgery due to his religious beliefs that prohibit blood transfusions. It seems logical that he may have been prescribed pain meds for that condition.

Someone on CNN had said he did have the surgery without the blood transfusion in 2005.But you know how the reporting can be. He had a concert and was seen riding his bike the day before so the pain could not have been that bad prior to his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove