Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TMZ are reporting that his brief hospitalization last week was for a drug overdose, an opiate. It sounds like a Narcan type drug was administered and he refused a 24 hour stay as there was no private room available.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Did PMK'trashian give Harvey permission to post a story NOT about them?

I liked Prince, many of his songs, but his eyes were sooooooooooooo sexy. I heard on a cable news station ( not sure which 1), that Prince had 3 PHD's. RIP Mr. Prince.

And if the elevator tries to bring you down
Go crazy, punch a higher floor

How ironic that he dies in an elevator!

Speculation on death......the flu never sounded quite right, I never get a flu shot, I know people die from the flu, it just does not fit my picture of knowing Prince, nor does a drug overdose. Aids seems like a more likely scenario, taking into account IF he had it and stopped taking meds due to religious reasons.

Speculation on death......the flu never sounded quite right, I never get a flu shot, I know people die from the flu, it just does not fit my picture of knowing Prince, nor does a drug overdose. Aids seems like a more likely scenario, taking into account IF he had it and stopped taking meds due to religious reasons.

The flu ( according to a Dr. on Nancy Grace, because she's just a JD, ya know:gaah:) can cause heart and lung problems. I'm skeptical of the drug overdose claim. It could be anything that was as of yet undiagnosed.:moo:

Very sad day. What a performer he was, I went to see him with my mom and it turned out to be the last concert we saw together because her dementia became much worse and we couldn't do those things anymore. When I think of Prince, I think of mom, so now both are in the same place. RIP.

My Mom asked me to take her to see David Bowie, BB King and Prince in concert the next time they came to town. We didn't get to see them, Mom died in 2010. We did however get to see George Thorogood, Eric Clapton, John Fogarty, ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, Ringo Starr 4x, Rush 4x, and Paul McCartney 2x together. Mom liked to rock! Hopefully she is rocking with David Bowie, BB King and Prince now! A couple of the people we saw with Ringo Starr and his All-Star band are up there now too - John Entwhistle and Billy Preston. Rock on!

I am adding this, several posts yesterday mentioned Prince living at Paisley Park, I did not believe this to be true. Although it was his home away from home, it truly was his studio.

Minneapolis was Prince's haven. Positioning himself away from Hollywood gave Prince security. He didn't live at Paisley Park, despite numerous reports, but instead had a house a couple of miles away.
http://www.eonline.com/news/758982/...man-behind-the-legend-from-those-who-knew-him

just saw an interview ( an old friend) who mentioned And if the elevator tries to bring you down
Go crazy, punch a higher floor"
the elevator is the devil. WOW.............sorry no link, was dressing

Th illuminati strikes again. JMO

I am so sad and stunned. On Wednesday evening Mr. Moon and I were talking about Prince. I sang for him a couple of Prince songs that he hadn't heard before.
Then, yesterday we saw the news; unwelcome, shocking, heart-breaking news. Among my hat collection is a raspberry beret that I found in a second hand store. I'll wear it in Prince's honor. What loss.

One of the funnest things about pop music is making your favorite best-of lists. And disagreeing with others'. Here, his #2 is my eternal #1, but at least he's got it ranked up really high. (But, uh, I beg to differ: the Kinks song is much better! Though the Prince is great.)

Deadspin:

"Raspberry Beret" Is The Best Pop Song Anyone Ever Did

TMZ are reporting that his brief hospitalization last week was for a drug overdose, an opiate. It sounds like a Narcan type drug was administered and he refused a 24 hour stay as there was no private room available.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Heard that to on TMZ....How dare they say that...TMZ go to hello

I've seen this rumour. Perhaps he felt it was better to die by his own hand than succumbing to that.

just saw an interview ( an old friend) who mentioned And if the elevator tries to bring you down
Go crazy, punch a higher floor"
the elevator is the devil. WOW.............sorry no link, was dressing

It was L.A. Reid of Epic Records , speaking on CBS Morning News.

I've seen this rumour. Perhaps he felt it was better to die by his own hand than succumbing to that.

RIP to the most talented and enigmatic musician of my youth, Nothing Compare 2 U Prince:Crown:

Piggybacking on CoverMeCagney, this is what I have heard through MSM. Let me preface this is what I am hearing out there and I do not claim they are facts. If I am in violation of the rules please delete.. There is a rumor he stopped taking his antiretroviral medications 2 years ago due to his religion as a Jehovah's Witness, some claiming to him God has cured him.

Apparently then he came down with an opportunistic infection or pneumonia due to a weakened immune system and it was too late...IMHO, I don't believe it was drugs/opioids that killed him..he had bad hips from all the years performing and need a hip replacement but never went through with it hence chronic pain and needing pain meds.

Prince was known to have hip problems, for which he refused to have surgery due to his religious beliefs that prohibit blood transfusions. It seems logical that he may have been prescribed pain meds for that condition.

It's been highlighted over here in UK . What I had said yesterday. About pain relief. Prince was also suffering tremendous pain with his hips. Along with the heavy flu virus he was suffering with. I can feel his Pain.
He'd been to his local chemist at least 4 times that week to purchase PERCOCET. (Oxycodone and paracetamol (opioid based)
Also registered as Tylenol.

I use Tramadol. Very similar. And yet when I've been in huge amounts of pain my doc said. 'You can up the dosage to 3 per 4/6 hours'
Sometimes it feels as if my body is forgetting to breathe when I've taken max dose.
So hmmmm.
I still can't believe he's gone 😣

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This is just my opinion and maybe it's because I don't want to believe he was a drug abuser by choice or that he had HIV. We've long heard he had problems with his hips. Think about it, you're 57, having issues with both hips yet you play a concert that would be taxing even on a younger, healthier person. You take two percocet and that doesn't help (probably from your body developing a resistance from extended use), so you take two more and so on. Before you know you've taken too many. That's probably what happened on the plane but luckily he wasn't alone and was able to get help.
My fiance has chronic back pain from a car accident. He's been taking painkillers for a couple years now and they barely work anymore.

While influenza has the potential to kill (and certainly does, in great numbers every year), it's often a word thrown around a lot by celebrities and/or their "people" when the actual truth is not something they want the public to know.If you've ever had a "severe" flu, you know that getting out of bed is almost impossible, much less performing at concerts, no matter how determined and devoted the performer is. I will be interested to hear what the autopsy report shows. No matter what, it doesn't change the fact that he has died way too young, and it doesn't diminish his talent or genius one iota.

Very sad. Even more so if this is the result of a desperate attempt to deal with chronic pain. How tragic if there could have been a better way to manage it.

CNN reporting that Prince autopsy underway and that COD could be announced later today. CNN crawl suggesting news conference re: Prince death. Other media reports suggest no COD will be reported for several weeks. :confused:

"Nothing Compares To You," "Kiss," & "Raspberry Beret." 'Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke