Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TMZ are reporting that his brief hospitalization last week was for a drug overdose, an opiate. It sounds like a Narcan type drug was administered and he refused a 24 hour stay as there was no private room available.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Really now. That would upset me tbh. Drugs and fame seem like a common but lethal combination. I kind of thought Prince's religious beliefs would have limited his desire to go down that path but then, everyone is human.

New Orleans football stadium will be purple tonight

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TMZ are reporting that his brief hospitalization last week was for a drug overdose, an opiate. It sounds like a Narcan type drug was administered and he refused a 24 hour stay as there was no private room available.

Just heard it too, was hoping it wouldn't be this.

Just heard it too, was hoping it wouldn't be this.

Having toured with Jesse and been a part of much of the music culture back in the 80's to 90's I can attest to a strong non drug culture, Alexander O"Neill had many problems with drugs, one of the reasons why Prince did not work with him. There is no way Morris Day could hold his own against Alexander vocally but Morris got the gig as lead singer of the Time I too find it hard to believe about drugs being involved. I left in the mid 90's so have no clue as to the present.

It is quite possible for healthy young people (not that 57 is "young" but nor is it old) to simply die from flu (if it's real influenza we're talking about).
The Influenza Virus mutates every year. Then you get the added complications. Such as 'Bird flu' 'swine flu'.
Laboratories can only work on the latest strain. By the time all the tests. Additives. Testing again. And the passing of the vaccine from W.H.O and CDC. can take anything up to 12-18 months. By such time there could of been another mutation. Or its jumped species. And that's where things like swine flu breakout.
It's a non stop competitive lucrative business. And it's not a cure. It's just to give yr immune system a boost on the defensive. So yr white cells are charged with anti bodies.
I'll shhhhh I do ramble sorry.

Either way the world suffered a huge loss today

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Purple Rain - Live (1983)

[video=youtu;tYKMis5uFv8]http://youtu.be/tYKMis5uFv8[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true, then it is likely heroin o.d. Laced with fentanyl.
Of course this is just speculation & if true, does not tarnish my adoration of the talents he possessed & his legend

Moo

Prince Performs Rock n Roll Love Affair on Jimmy Kimmel Live 2012
http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/157458/Prince-Performs-Rock-n-Roll-Love-Affair-On-JK-Live/

Oh gosh what a treat ^^this performance^^ was on Jimmy Kimmel Live- huge band. He is so vibrant.

I saw Prince in Philadelphia 8 or 9 years ago and he was just effortless and electrifying. He was amazing.

I was really looking forward to his book ‘The Beautiful Ones’, too. I thought what an interesting read his memoir would be.

Just stunned and saddened like everyone else. Everyone’s words and thoughts, posting videos here on WS is very comforting.

I've watched his live "Little Red Corvette" video performance fairly recently--he danced up a storm.... But can't seem to find it now at all!

Anyone find anything?

And sadly, if his demise was due to drugs; no judgements--only grace, peace, sympathy. RIP

Stan Reid posted it earlier in this thread. I'm still waiting for Rasberry Beret, 1999, Let's Get Crazy.

Google has went purple and so has the drudge report page, waiting to see who else goes purple.
I wore purple today for Prince, but it doesn't take much arm-twisting to get me to wear purple.

Ugh! It REALLY sucks because I was just checking on the celebrity forums last night, and then I noted the people who have passed this year and then wondered aloud who was sadly going to be next. Prince, RIP.

I can't believe the possibility that he died from the flu because he had just received treatment from the hospital a week before. Did they miss something??
He may not have been fully recovered when he started to perform again, or gotten a secondary infection, or now there are drug rumors circulating.

Prince (Full Concert) - 1/30/82 - Capitol Theatre

[video=youtu;uAYQUbh8HHA]http://youtu.be/uAYQUbh8HHA[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan Reid posted it earlier in this thread. I'm still waiting for Rasberry Beret, 1999, Let's Get Crazy.

Sorry, can't can't find anything but covers and a video of Raspberry Beret with no sound due the copyright.

Oh nooooo.....I was waiting for the live video version of "Little Red Corvette" before the Warner Bros. dispute. I think it still might be up on Netflix!
Anyone???

First Bowie, now Prince. I'm gutted. :tears:

In nearly 50 years of concert-going, no one tops Prince as the BEST SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN. The man had the most incredible stage charisma. It rolled off of the stage in waves.

A true creative genius, a truly one of a kind Artist with a capital A. I feel blessed to have been on the same planet at the same time as he was.

Rest in Peace, Prince Rogers Nelson. The doves and I are crying for you tonight.

:rose::rose::rose:

59-things-u-might-not-know-about-prince-2-25709-1395276758-26_dblbig.jpg

6e36ca466b429569f0055ecd4f6ca623.jpg

RIP Prince :cry: :cry:

We are all crying for you tonight. Prince was one of the few true musical geniuses of our times, and I, for one, am totally grateful for having been a part of his fan base. He will be missed by me, and many, many more. RIP Prince, and thanks for giving us part of yourself. Katt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove