Life for the West Memphis Three - Free After the Alford Plea

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please remember that the entire supporter movement will offer continuing support for all three.

I understand that, but there is only so much outside people can do. I'm a veteran and know how hard it can be to readjust back into normal life, and thats just after a year, not 18. They are different scenarios but I have seen numerous guys come back from Iraq with twice the support system in place than that will be at the disposal of the WM3 and still have serious problems. I'm not trying to be a pessimist and really do hope the best for them, but just saying it's likely not gonna be all roses and sunshine for them.

I apologize for this post as I don't think this is the proper one to be discussing this in, however, I wanted to comment on Cazzie's post.

IF the 3 are not guilty, and I'll be the first one to admit I'm sitting firmly on the fence, I feel they are going to have a TERRIBLE row to hoe in clearing their names. First, they have to find good, solid, credible evidence of someone else murdering those babies after 18 years. THEN and only then, they will have to go before the state/county and convince them to ADMIT they screwed up and continue to screw up where this case is concerned. They have to get the state to agree to REOPEN a closed case and admit wrongdoing. This will be no easy task by any means. I just don't feel confident the 3 will ever be exonerated. That mountain is far too steep and rocky to climb.

Again, I'm a certified fence sitter. This is why I'm studying this case and have been for about 10 years now. I'm an avid researcher and because I'm a little twisted, murder and mayhem are what I like to research. This is the ONLY case I've come across where I can't make a decision in my own mind on guilt or innocence, so ***sigh***, I'll continue to research until I feel I can confidently side with either the supporters or nons.

I think that, as all the evidence comes out (and the defense still has unreleased evidence that they planned to use at the Dec. hearing), the citizens of Arkansas will demand that the case be reopened and that the crime be properly investigated. That will be hard, but the defense has done a lot of work for the State in that regard.

I apologize for this post as I don't think this is the proper one to be discussing this in, however, I wanted to comment on Cazzie's post.

IF the 3 are not guilty, and I'll be the first one to admit I'm sitting firmly on the fence, I feel they are going to have a TERRIBLE row to hoe in clearing their names. First, they have to find good, solid, credible evidence of someone else murdering those babies after 18 years. THEN and only then, they will have to go before the state/county and convince them to ADMIT they screwed up and continue to screw up where this case is concerned. They have to get the state to agree to REOPEN a closed case and admit wrongdoing. This will be no easy task by any means. I just don't feel confident the 3 will ever be exonerated. That mountain is far too steep and rocky to climb.

Again, I'm a certified fence sitter. This is why I'm studying this case and have been for about 10 years now. I'm an avid researcher and because I'm a little twisted, murder and mayhem are what I like to research. This is the ONLY case I've come across where I can't make a decision in my own mind on guilt or innocence, so ***sigh***, I'll continue to research until I feel I can confidently side with either the supporters or nons.
I think it's the proper thread. :)

Sadly, even if they are able to be exonerated by a court someday...legally, officially, and all that jazz...I think there may always be some people who will staunchly insist that they are guilty. That's normal. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and often form them without studying ALL the documentation (myself included). How many of us are able to devote the time to read all the documentation of a case that has gone on for 18 years?

Our justice system is far from perfect. That's just the way it is, although perhaps it can be improved.

I wonder how long the WM3 will remain free given their violent past, past criminal activities and involvement in gas huffing and drugs. Could they be potential users of Meth? I think so.

I think it's weird that Misskelley didn't go to the party (supporters say his confession was fake). He's also the one who was charged on lesser murder conviction too. Could it be because he continues to confess?

I would not be surprised that we don't see their names in the news very soon regarding probation violations. <modsnip>

I wonder how long the WM3 will remain free given their violent past, past criminal activities and involvement in gas huffing and drugs. Could they be potential users of Meth? I think so.

I think it's weird that Misskelley didn't go to the party (supporters say his confession was fake). He's also the one who was charged on lesser murder conviction too. Could it be because he continues to confess?

I would not be surprised that we don't see their names in the news very soon regarding probation violations.<modsnip>

Don't know about the other two, but DE look too ill to me to get involved in any drugs. I would suggest he sees a doctor.

I don't think it's weird at all Jessie didn't go to the party.They weren't friends to begin with.
I think the compassion and forgiveness Jason and Damien show towards Jesse is admirable.
If it was me I would not care about Jesse's IQ I would not want to see him ,talk to him or be around him at all.I don't think I could not be bitter.

I think there may some real, concrete ways that can help them prove their innocence. Not many, but there are a few. One way I'm thinking of has to do with records that can be matched against evidence. But I don't want to state what records I'm talking about for fear that should such records still exists, they will magically "disappear" now that the three are out.
Also, we keep making advances in science. The evidence that still exists may be retested at a later date when technology has improved.

Channel 5 (?) street interview w/ Jason in Memphis - 3 overlapping parts:

Baldwin Pt. 1.MOV - YouTube
Baldwin Pt. 2.MOV - YouTube
Baldwin Pt. 3.MOV - YouTube

It's hard for me to watch this guy and imagine how anyone could think he is guilty of such a gruesome murder. He has none of the mannerisms of a casey anthony, scott peterson, drew peterson, josh powell, etc.

Instead, he seems so sincere, genuine, so grateful, thankful, humble, kind of goofy, nerdy, not a hint of arrogance or slyness or sociopathy - no dead shark eyes, no falsity of any kind. Jessie and Damien are different sorts. But this guy?

I don't think it's weird at all Jessie didn't go to the party.They weren't friends to begin with.
I think the compassion and forgiveness Jason and Damien show towards Jesse is admirable.
If it was me I would not care about Jesse's IQ I would not want to see him ,talk to him or be around him at all.I don't think I could not be bitter.

I don't find it weird myself.I can see Jessie just wanting to go home.I would like to know if he has talked to his stepmom.I think she really loves him as her own.That is the impression I got from watching P.L.

I understand that, but there is only so much outside people can do. I'm a veteran and know how hard it can be to readjust back into normal life, and thats just after a year, not 18. They are different scenarios but I have seen numerous guys come back from Iraq with twice the support system in place than that will be at the disposal of the WM3 and still have serious problems. I'm not trying to be a pessimist and really do hope the best for them, but just saying it's likely not gonna be all roses and sunshine for them.

I understand what you mean, IMBY, and I know you aren't criticizing Echols, Baldwin or Misskelley. You're just acknowledging reality and I share your concerns (without holding a single doubt as to their innocence in the RHH murders).

I would not be surprised that we don't see their names in the news very soon regarding probation violations. <modsnip>.

Misskelley chose to go to a FAMILY BBQ and be with his parents and family. Totally normal if u ask me. Especially for a man with the IQ of a child.

Misskelley chose to go to a FAMILY BBQ and be with his parents and family. Totally normal if u ask me. Especially for a man with the IQ of a child.

I don't have the IQ of a child and I wouldn't want to be anywhere but with my family at that moment, if I was in their shoes!

I understand what you mean, IMBY, and I know you aren't criticizing Echols, Baldwin or Misskelley. You're just acknowledging reality and I share your concerns (without holding a single doubt as to their innocence in the RHH murders).

Thanks Nova, you hit the nail on the head of what I was going for. This ordeal will never be over for the three, even if they are able to fully exonerate themselves. There are always gonna be doubters to their innocence and there are always gonna be the scars of 18 years of wrongful imprisonment.

Thanks Nova, you hit the nail on the head of what I was going for. This ordeal will never be over for the three, even if they are able to fully exonerate themselves. There are always gonna be doubters to their innocence and there are always gonna be the scars of 18 years of wrongful imprisonment.

I'm really surprised at how quickly these 3 fell off the radar. CNN had them on their front page for about 2 minutes, and I see very little news about them now.

OTOH, there will be a press conference regarding Casey Anthony's probation.

:waitasec:

Mel

I'm really surprised at how quickly these 3 fell off the radar. CNN had them on their front page for about 2 minutes, and I see very little news about them now.

OTOH, there will be a press conference regarding Casey Anthony's probation.

:waitasec:

Mel

I think it was just "bad timing" for the media for them to get released now. Its been what over 10 years since PL2, and 3 doesn't come out for a few more months... so on the collective conscious they were pretty below the radar at this point. I know the supporter movement is pretty large but in the grand scheme of ratings they are pretty minuscule.

This is a long article about the release, why it happened, the reaction of supporters and family, the implications to the justice system, etc. Most of it we have read before but it is somewhat comprehensive: http://www.areawidenews.com/story/1756054.html

Because of the person I am, I just had to go in and comment on the article because it contained several glaring errors. It was basically a good article, but I can't stand it when misinformation is posted on this case! Sorry. Had to rant for a minute there!

Misskelley chose to go to a FAMILY BBQ and be with his parents and family. Totally normal if u ask me.Especially for a man with the IQ of a child.

IQ of a child?

IQ scores stay relatively constant throughout a person's life. A child's IQ score does not go up as the child ages.

If a child has with an IQ around 90, he/she will also score around 90 as an adult.

IQ of a child?

IQ scores stay relatively constant throughout a person's life. A child's IQ score does not go up as the child ages.

If a child has with an IQ around 90, he/she will also score around 90 as an adult.

You are correct. I believe the original poster was referring to the fact that Jessie has the reasoning ability of a child.

IQ of a child?

The mental capacity of a child? is that better? I was trying to make a point. I'm an accountant, I'm not in the mental health field. I think most posters/readers knew what I was saying. If not, I thank you for them that you corrected me.

IQ of a child?

Children are given different tests, but IQ does usually remain about the same unless there is a brain injury. But we all (I hope?) know that he didn't score low enough on any of the multiple IQ tests given to him to qualify as even mildly mentally retarded. His own defense experts testified that his performance during the tests indicated that he was trying to do poorly. And that he wasn't mentally retarded. He still scored within the normal range. He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he definitely isn't mentally retarded. Nor does he have the mind of a child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back