Lifetime movie- Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well maybe we're saying different things, idk. But that's how I felt about the Jodi I saw portrayed in this movie. It doesn't feel like real life Jodi.

I think we are saying the same thing--it's just that I'm not being very clear. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the movie portrays her as a "typical" (??) psycho ex-girlfriend, like all the other psycho ex-girlfriends portrayed in popular culture. My comparison to the Glenn Close character was unclear. What I meant is that the Glenn Close character, although totally despicable, has more depth than the real-life JA. I was trying to suggest that JA is more shallow than a fictional movie character.

Okay, I'll shut up now. :facepalm:

I didn't like it. Wilmott should sue. Jodi was more subtle with her stalking. What I think drove Travis crazy was her passive aggressiveness that always left room for him to doubt whether she was being stalkish or underhanded.

The movie did too many direct, in your face things, to make Travis look dumb for inviting her in at the end. Like those pictures of Travis and "Katie" sleeping on the sofa. That was way and obviously over the line. Jodi acting all innocent about her SS card and happening to peek in, shows more room for Travis to be like, "Well, maybe she did just happen by here...." I wish Jodi had been more passive aggressive to show the reasons Travis gave the girl the benefit of the doubt.

:seeya: Just saw this thread ... and just turned the movie on, but not going to watch it ...

I am disgusted with Lifetime making this movie about her ... but I bet she is so pizzed she can't watch it in :jail: ... lol ... :floorlaugh:

Anyway, I just checked the directory and they are re-running it twice this coming Monday night.

:seeya:

Here's my two-bits worth about the movie. First, I had to justify to myself even watching it, and I did so by folding laundry and doing some ironing while watching it.

But, after about an hour, I couldn't watch any more of it because I thought that its portrayal of the <modsnip>(and I'm just quoting that exact word from the movie!) murderer missed the mark. Or missed some of it, at least. The actress who played her was okay, but she didn't get across JA's weird immaturity. What I mean is that she played JA as a psycho (which I believe she is) but little more--as if JA's violence was yet another "Fatal Attraction" scenario. I'm struggling to put this in exact words, but for me the actress came off as too mature or too grown up. She didn't capture JA's psycho inner 14-year-old mean girl.

All this is probably unfair, because I didn't watch all of it. I guess I expected too much of a Lifetime movie--silly me!

Hi Becky :seeya:

I felt the same way you did about how JA was portrayed. She wasn't a "psycho, per say, in real life. She was manipulative, conniving, and very immature in how she perceived relationships. Very "teen-agery" in my mind and she had a "couldn't see the forest for the trees" mentality- how the relationship she had with Travis was just "friends with benefits".
Travis ' portrayal was better- a basically nice, compassionate man who told her how their relationship really was, but she didn't see it the same way.
I didn't like the "fatal attraction" aspect either because it wasn't. :twocents: I did like that they showed how JA led Travis into the sexual relationship and kept him in her sexual web.

I know it was only a Lifetime movie and it was less than 2 hours (with all the commercials), but it left something to be desired for me. The shower scene was heartbreaking and was JM's version, so to me, accurate.

They rushed thru the trial, but did put in some of the premeditation .

All-in-all, I give it a 4/10 and a Pffftt (just like the movie about "that thing in Florida").

Glad you got your W back :floorlaugh:.

"Jodi" responding to the last text message from Katie was sloppy writing in my opinion, because she wrote that Travis was with Jodi. If Jodi premeditated the murder, and they show she did, then she would not have put her name into a text to Katie, pinpointing Jodi's location moments before his murder.

But the text thing was partly why I had theorized that she might have decided not to kill Travis, but then seeing it renewed her resolve. I have always thought something similar to that had happened. Like she saw an email or something--maybe the cancun travel receipts with Mimi's name on them. Something that made her go back to her murderous plot when she'd already possibly changed her mind.

I'm still trying to make sense of Jodi traveling all night, sleeping and having sex with no shower for herself. That's just gross.

I wonder what JM thinks of the movie. They showed what JM said in closing arguments, which is that Travis was watching Jodi stab him in the back at the mirror.

One more thing.
I liked the "Beyond the Headlines" thingy better. Real life is "better". That's why I like to watch the ID channel- real- not baloney.

Well maybe we're saying different things, idk. But that's how I felt about the Jodi I saw portrayed in this movie. It doesn't feel like real life Jodi.

I totally agree. The character in the movie was your average jealous psycho. But it did not seem like the real, more complicated, EVIL Jodi Arias, imo.

They lost it right at the start when they had HER being the one that went lusting after Travis and followed him into the bathroom. That was wrong because it missed the whole CINDERELLA aspect that really set the whole tragedy off. In reality, Travis was the initial pursuer, and he even invited her to the Executive Ball, and like Cinderella, he lent her an expensive dress to wear for the evening. THAT 'Cinderella factor' was a major component of their relationship because THAT was what she did not want to give up. The feeling that a successful handsome bachelor wanted to pursue her and take her to the ball was what she always longed for. That is why she killed him, imo. She was so angry and disillusioned and he was going to go to Cancun and tell all of the other wealthy successful businessmen that she was a crazy psycho <modsnip>.

Really don't think they picked a very good Juan Martinez.

One more thing.
I liked the "Beyond the Headlines" thingy better. Real life is "better". That's why I like to watch the ID channel- real- not baloney.

I know. I was watching the Jodi movie with my sister and she kept referring to the incidences in it as if they really happened. I had to tell her several times, "It didn't happen like that." or "that's not the true timeline," etc.

Hi Becky :seeya:

I felt the same way you did about how JA was portrayed. She wasn't a "psycho, per say, in real life. She was manipulative, conniving, and very immature in how she perceived relationships. Very "teen-agery" in my mind and she had a "couldn't see the forest for the trees" mentality- how the relationship she had with Travis was just "friends with benefits".
Travis ' portrayal was better- a basically nice, compassionate man who told her how their relationship really was, but she didn't see it the same way.
I didn't like the "fatal attraction" aspect either because it wasn't. :twocents: I did like that they showed how JA led Travis into the sexual relationship and kept him in her sexual web.

I know it was only a Lifetime movie and it was less than 2 hours (with all the commercials), but it left something to be desired for me. The shower scene was heartbreaking and was JM's version, so to me, accurate.

They rushed thru the trial, but did put in some of the premeditation .

All-in-all, I give it a 4/10 and a Pffftt (just like the movie about "that thing in Florida").

Glad you got your W back :floorlaugh:.

Thanks, YESorNO. And I think "teen-agery" is exactly what I was trying to get at. (And I'm very pleased with my shiny new W. Such a relief! Now I can write without having to carefully choose my words!) :seeya:

"Jodi" responding to the last text message from Katie was sloppy writing in my opinion, because she wrote that Travis was with Jodi. If Jodi premeditated the murder, and they show she did, then she would not have put her name into a text to Katie, pinpointing Jodi's location moments before his murder.

But the text thing was partly why I had theorized that she might have decided not to kill Travis, but then seeing it renewed her resolve. I have always thought something similar to that had happened. Like she saw an email or something--maybe the cancun travel receipts with Mimi's name on them. Something that made her go back to her murderous plot when she'd already possibly changed her mind.

I'm still trying to make sense of Jodi traveling all night, sleeping and having sex with no shower for herself. That's just gross.

I wonder what JM thinks of the movie. They showed what JM said in closing arguments, which is that Travis was watching Jodi stab him in the back at the mirror.

BBM

We don't really know what happened June 4- she could have showered, but she certainly is gross anyway :floorlaugh:.

BBM Yes, at least the murder scene was what JM said it was.

2 minutes in the movie that is wrong.

1. The passionate sex... give me a break. It was not passionate imo.
2. Travis was not found in the middle of the day.

I have to separate the "alternate reality" vs. "reality" whilst watching this movie.

On a side note, Tania Raymonde has a smoking hot body.

I totally agree. The character in the movie was your average jealous psycho. But it did not seem like the real, more complicated, EVIL Jodi Arias, imo.

They lost it right at the start when they had HER being the one that went lusting after Travis and followed him into the bathroom. That was wrong because it missed the whole CINDERELLA aspect that really set the whole tragedy off. In reality, Travis was the initial pursuer, and he even invited her to the Executive Ball, and like Cinderella, he lent her an expensive dress to wear for the evening. THAT 'Cinderella factor' was a major component of their relationship because THAT was what she did not want to give up. The feeling that a successful handsome bachelor wanted to pursue her and take her to the ball was what she always longed for. That is why she killed him, imo. She was so angry and disillusioned and he was going to go to Cancun and tell all of the other wealthy successful businessmen that she was a crazy psycho *advertiser censored*.

Yes!! I so agree with your Cinderella scenario! It fits with her crazy, immature magical thinking. Too bad that the Lifetime movie didn't use your Cinderella insight in its presentation of her. Now that might have been a thoughtful movie. :seeya:

Thanks, YESorNO. And I think "teen-agery" is exactly what I was trying to get at. (And I'm very pleased with my shiny new W. Such a relief! Now I can write without having to carefully choose my words!) :seeya:

But I miss the :dracula:. It was so much fun and so cute. :floorlaugh:

Hey Linda ... I wasn't gonna watch it .... but I did. I'm such a liar, even to myself. Anyway, I think you will like how they depicted CMJA. It was creepy (which, she is). And Travis came across as ... well ... just a nice, forgiving guy.

The movie itself was basically just little snippets of their life/relationship. Hard to put too much detail into a (less than) 2-hour movie.

But ... ya .... I think it's worth watching, even for the entertainment value. The murder scene was very graphic ... but ... probably fairly accurate. I HATE that woman.

RIP Travis .... you were a good guy! I'm so sorry for what happened to you.

Hated it.

Hated the casting of Juan...and the dude that played Nurmi sitting up straight in that chair? Dude didn't sniff his finger even once!

I did cry at the end and the actress IMO was every bit as cold when murdering as I believe Jodi was.

2 minutes in the movie that is wrong.

1. The passionate sex... give me a break. It was not passionate imo.
2. Travis was not found in the middle of the day.

Oy Vay, Elle. There are lots of things that are wrong in this movie- just wait.:floorlaugh: wait until you see JM and JW- :floorlaugh:. JW is going to be like :pullhair: :anguish: :gasp: when she sees herself :floorlaugh:.

Oy Vay, Elle. There are lots of things that are wrong in this movie- just wait.:floorlaugh: wait until you see JM and JW- :floorlaugh:. JW is going to be like :pullhair: :anguish: :gasp: when she sees herself :floorlaugh:.

It was really terrible...I'd give it a 3 and only because I felt the essence of the murder itself was pretty accurate.

But I miss the :dracula:. It was so much fun and so cute. :floorlaugh:

Vell! I can still vvrite as Count Beckula. In fact, a fevv veeks ago, vvhen I posted to Vebsleuths to shovv off my shiny nevv VV, G&AMom congratulated me and asked that, for old times' sake, I post a "Vov oh Vov" vvhen JA is (finally) sentenced. VVhich I look forvard to doing. And vill!! :floorlaugh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kooger12
Back