Lifetime movie- Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I forgot it was on so will watch it when it shows again I'm half an hour. On dish network it is channel 108.

Steely, I too have ibs. The show didn't cause the flare-up did it?

No, it should have, butt my problems began before the movie.

2 minutes in the movie that is wrong.

1. The passionate sex... give me a break. It was not passionate imo.
2. Travis was not found in the middle of the day.

I have to separate the "alternate reality" vs. "reality" whilst watching this movie.

On a side note, Tania Raymonde has a smoking hot body.

That's not a side note, that was the main point of my attention. :blushing:

You know, one thing that might be good; if the new jury sees this "movie", they will see that Travis was trying to get rid of JA and he told her "I liked you..but never loved you".
Who knows for sure that he didn't really say those things to her. Seems logical to me, don't you think?

This was one of the thing my sister latched onto while we were watching the movie, but I told her that I didn't think it was true. I think in this about 100,000 thousand texts and email and IMing, he must have said it and had to have felt it at one point. I can't imagine a situation like theirs going on and on the way it did, with him inviting her in at the end, if he didn't feel something for her.

I knew I would hate all the things left out or twisted things. For example, the girls Travis dated, how that all played out... I could not tell if Mimi or Lisa were being showcased and when. I found that part very confusing.

Overall, though, I think the movie captures their personalities quite nicely. I could totally see Travis forgiving Jodi when she showed up at his house as she faked looking sad and apologetic. When you have decency inside of you naturally like Travis did, it is inside of you to immediately forgive people. Yes, he was "addicted" to her sexually and that was the demon he was battling within himself due to his religious beliefs. She knew that though and took advantage. I thought the shower scene was quite effective. Nothing can compare to the real slaughter which makes my stomach turn, but it was pretty good.

Overall, I wasn't expecting much so I surprisingly got more out of the movie than I anticipated.

What about the part after Travis and that girl woke up on the couch and he went into his room and seen the pics of them sleeping taped to his mirror. That wasn't what really happened right? If it did then that shows motive.

I expected to hate this movie, but didnt think i'd hate it this much - just awful.

I realize its necessary to take certain liberties with the events when squeezing so much into two hours, but throughout this movie they just made up things when the truth would've been just as easily portrayed. For example, the stalking behavior - instead of an email to a girlfriend, it was put on her car...instead of slashing tires, photographic collages.

A bigger issue I had was the order of events - they made it seem like TA considered her a 3HW from the start. It wasnt clear how far she lived from him and how soon she moved to AZ after they broke up. And finally - the premeditation was just lost. No burglary, no long trip with borrowed gas cans, phone turned off, etc. Other than the call she made to him - which I don't think made sense in the movie, very little post murder behavior that stood out to me as integral like rushing to Ryan's arms, how cool and collected she was with everyone, the letters/flowers sent, etc.

Overall I just thought that to someone who didnt know the facts of the case, it came across as an unstable woman who simply snapped after reading that last (imaginary) text from another woman. I truly hope no perspective jurors saw it.

This movie is on today at 4 p.m. CDST. Might watch it seeing as most here gave it a pass last night!

REMINDER:

Name calling and bashing of people involved in cases is a rules violation.
:nono:

What about the part after Travis and that girl woke up on the couch and he went into his room and seen the pics of them sleeping taped to his mirror. That wasn't what really happened right? If it did then that shows motive.

BBM Facts not in evidence.

They lost it right at the start when they had HER being the one that went lusting after Travis and followed him into the bathroom. That was wrong because it missed the whole CINDERELLA aspect that really set the whole tragedy off. In reality, Travis was the initial pursuer, and he even invited her to the Executive Ball, and like Cinderella, he lent her an expensive dress to wear for the evening. THAT 'Cinderella factor' was a major component of their relationship because THAT was what she did not want to give up. The feeling that a successful handsome bachelor wanted to pursue her and take her to the ball was what she always longed for. That is why she killed him, imo. She was so angry and disillusioned and he was going to go to Cancun and tell all of the other wealthy successful businessmen that she was a crazy psycho <modsnip>.

I totally agree! They also missed the mark by portraying Jodi more adult like than she is and without her million dollar vocabulary.

However, I can accept the inconsistencies in this Lifetime move. They got the basics right.

The scene where Travis and Katie (Lisa) were sleeping on the couch with Jodi standing in the room really creeped me out. I'll admit, a chill ran down my spine. I realize, in actuality, Jodi was peering into the window and not in the room but...

When Travis told Jodi he never loved her but only lusted for her...and that, if she looked, she never would have seen love in his eyes, spoke volumes. I believe an exchange like that probably happened either through texts or in person. That scene got to me, too.

The movie's depiction of the killing was probably pretty accurate. Wow... Travis' death was beyond brutal...which I always understood, but to see how it actually could have played out is mind blowing. I think Jodi "overkilled" him because he kept hanging on and struggling for life much longer than she expected so she just kept stabbing him. Sooooo heart wrenching to watch.

I will admit to literally LOL when, initially, the camera flashed to the actress portraying JW during the court scene. Could they have portrayed her in a worse light? It was laughable! Somebody, upthread, said she should sue. I agree. heh heh

I can't believe I watched this made for tv movie...but I did and, overall, I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been considering it was a 2 hour Lifetime movie. I'd give it 2+ out of 5 stars.

RIP, Travis...

edited to add:
I wonder if they put dark/black contact lenses in Tania Redmonde eyes?

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...y-little-secret-review-where-are-the-secrets/

Dirty Little Secret was clearly fast-tracked into production, and was filming while Arias was still on trial for the 2008 murder of Alexander this spring.

As such, Lifetime provides us with a straightforward tale of passion gone awry which, while compelling, pales in comparison to the real-life court saga.

For 18 days, Arias took the stand and produced gripping TV with salacious claim after salacious claim, making for America's most talked-about reality show.

Yet her arrest, trial and conviction is crammed into the last 15 minutes of the film and feels secondary to a crime of passion story based on conjecture.

Which isn't to say there aren't still bright spots.

You would never call this kind of thing art, or give it credit for making any profound points, but as a primetime soap goes, it ranks pretty high up there.

Tania Raymonde (Alex from Lost) does a nice job of portraying Jodi's humanity, even as her behavior deteriorates and ultimately turns sociopathic.

By and large, Tania sells us on all of the romance, sex, obsession, betrayal and vengeance one would expect in a made-for TV film of this nature.

She also bears a remarkable likeness to Jodi, which helps.

I was annoyed they really made grandmas house look nice and Jodi helpful around the house.

Travis's bedroom was made to look kinda shabby. Since when did Jodi contribute to the decor in his house? Roflmao!

They missed the part where she would deliberately leave stuff behind in order to come back under the pretense of picking it up.

The whole passive aggressive manipulative thing was missed.

So, I had to be rushed to the hospital and had emergency surgery a few weeks ago. I'm on the mend, but still need a lot of care from my DH. Yesterday was my first major foray out of the house, as we had to go to a wedding that we just had to attend, for a bunch of reasons I won't go into here. Anyway, I was pretty exhausted when we got home. Took off the war paint and got in bed. Watched the first 5 minutes or so of that godawful movie (the rerun, I wouldn't have wasted DVR space on it). Changed the channel after the bathroom scene. I thought the acting was horrendous. The dialogue was worse. The actress who played Arias was far too pretty. Ugh. Changed the channel to watch ANYTHING else, then drifted off to sleep.

I wonder how true to facts this "movie" could have been if they'd done it as a mini-series instead of a two hour movie?

I must confess... i kept flipping channels during the movie and fell asleep with 30 minutes to go... It just couldn't hold my attention.

After BF fell asleep I watched it on the PVR. (Lots of commercials! Luckily, there is fast forward).

It was not bad, not Oscar winning of course.

I noticed that the movie has Travis inviting Jodi on Jun4... which imo is what I believe happened also.

Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret will air tomorrow night (Monday) at 8:00PM (EDT) on Lifetime.

I totally agree! They also missed the mark by portraying Jodi more adult like than she is and without her million dollar vocabulary.

However, I can accept the inconsistencies in this Lifetime move. They got the basics right.

The scene where Travis and Katie (Lisa) were sleeping on the couch with Jodi standing in the room really creeped me out. I'll admit, a chill ran down my spine. I realize, in actuality, Jodi was peering into the window and not in the room but...

When Travis told Jodi he never loved her but only lusted for her...and that, if she looked, she never would have seen love in his eyes, spoke volumes. I believe an exchange like that probably happened either through texts or in person. That scene got to me, too.

The movie's depiction of the killing was probably pretty accurate. Wow... Travis' death was beyond brutal...which I always understood, but to see how it actually could have played out is mind blowing. I think Jodi "overkilled" him because he kept hanging on and struggling for life much longer than she expected so she just kept stabbing him. Sooooo heart wrenching to watch.

I will admit to literally LOL when, initially, the camera flashed to the actress portraying JW during the court scene. Could they have portrayed her in a worse light? It was laughable! Somebody, upthread, said she should sue. I agree. heh heh

I can't believe I watched this made for tv movie...but I did and, overall, I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been considering it was a 2 hour Lifetime movie. I'd give it 2+ out of 5 stars.

RIP, Travis...

edited to add:
I wonder if they put dark/black contact lenses in Tania Redmonde eyes?

BBM

Tania Raymonde said that it's the bloodiest scene she'd ever filmed, and she was just coming off of filming the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021
Back