Lindsay Lohan busted for DUI *merged threads*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you suppose LL was jealous of all the publicity Paris Hilton was getting? Sounds like one-upsmanship! Where are the vehicular charges? She was reported chasing another car and she didn't even get a speeding ticket? What's up with that?

Apparently, those in the vehicle being chased didn't know it was Lohan until the police arrived. They ought to charge her with harassment and stalking while they're at it.:mad:
I don't believe that one for a second! They knew EXACTLY who was in that fancy Denali chasing them! They drove within one block of the PD before pulling over to call the police instead of driving right to the station. I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't called the media before they called LE! This was Lohan's fault for being in the car...drinking and driving, but was she set up for it? Absolutely! Her Personal Assistant stands to make some money and a name for herself over this deal! It IS the way it works.

I don't believe that one for a second! They knew EXACTLY who was in that fancy Denali chasing them! They drove within one block of the PD before pulling over to call the police instead of driving right to the station. I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't called the media before they called LE! This was Lohan's fault for being in the car...drinking and driving, but was she set up for it? Absolutely! Her Personal Assistant stands to make some money and a name for herself over this deal! It IS the way it works.

She wasn't even driving HER car. If they had called the media, or the pap's, we would have video and pics of the whole scene. I believe them.

<SNORT>

A superior blend of luxury, holistic treatment options and challenging treatment for addiction. We use time-tested methods of support and innovative scientific techniques to offer immediate relief and lasting sobriety, augmented with uncommon luxuries such as individual massages and private or semi-private rooms.

http://www.promises.com/

I'm not saying it doesn't have a "snootiness" associated with it. I'm just saying - according to friends of mine "in the biz" - it's not just a spa hideout that celebs go to until the press dies down - it's got an excellent rehabilitation program and is respected in the industry.

Does anyone recall what finally worked for Robert Downey Jr.? He had a number of rehab failures before he seemingly got it right, and seems to be getting his career back on track. It would be nice if he reached out to LL and shared his own experiences, advised her on getting her addictions under control.
--Downey entering a strange house and then going to sleep,cops find a loaded gun in his car,he's sent to jail--While in jail, he is attacked by another inmate and requires some minor plastic surgery to his forehead--Then he finally straightened up

Do you suppose LL was jealous of all the publicity Paris Hilton was getting? Sounds like one-upsmanship! Where are the vehicular charges? She was reported chasing another car and she didn't even get a speeding ticket? What's up with that?

My husband said the same thing. If Lindsay did this b/c she was jealous of Paris then she is more screwed-up than I first thought, and I think she is centimeters from rock bottom.

The only thing that ever works for any addict - he got sick and tired of being sick and tired - he hit a bottom and got into enough pain to want to do something differently. Every person's path with "too much" is unique.
I agree you just get sick and tired of the whole thing and ready to make that change. I hope LL can get the help she needs. I'd like to see her do well and I think she is capable of it. She could be a really big star and one that stays around for awhile...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19930743/

I heard that she failed yesterday's drug test, but I can't find where I saw it. I agree that a lot of this is her parents' fault. Dad has the same problems as LL, and her mother just wants to blame everyone else. It's sad- this girl had everything and is throwing it away with both hands. But until she admits she has a problem and wants to get better, she won't.

The girl in my signature is my neice, she was killed by a drunk driver in May. The driver of the other car was killed also...:mad: It was not the first time he was drinking and driving. He had a record 4 DUI's, 2 driving under suspended licence, Any way I have absolutely NO sympathy for any one that takes the chance to drink and drive.

I had wondered who the girl was, but didn't want to ask. That is so sad. Soooo so sad.

I think you are right about the motive behind the chase. Have you seen her mug shot? - the look on her face seems to be "Omigod - I am such an idiot."

I think the look on her face says....I'm purely stoned on coke.....:confused:

I wonder why she isn't still in rehab - I don't know much about rehab, and I don't mean to blame or be disrepectful of the professionals who work there to treat addicts. But can't they see that she is not yet well enough to get out of rehab, can't they tell she is likely to use again right away?

I have a SIL who went into treatment, and at first, it was expected to be a short term thing. Later, they advised her to stay another month or 2, that she was not ready to leave. They didn't say "okay, your 30 days are up. See you!" They recognized she needed further treatment, and that is what they recommended.This treatment saved her life.

Why the rush to get out of rehab? Why not stick with it until you are truly well?

imho

I am the sister of an alcoholic who will probably kill herself someday for all of us who love her dearly to watch.

Let me tell you, until an 'addict' (alcohol included :furious: ) wants help, there is not alot anyone can do, not even the counselors at the centers.

All IMO really.

Honestly I don't particularly believe the "set up" story, but if it WERE true, I wouldn't blame them at all. If they knew she was drinking and doing drugs, then she DESERVED and NEEDED to get caught PERIOD.

This girl has some SERIOUS addiction issues and needs long term serious rehab. A few days or weeks isn't going to do it. Of course first and foremost SHE needs to realize she has a problem that will take a LIFETIME of daily HARD WORK and dedication to fight.

Honestly I don't particularly believe the "set up" story, but if it WERE true, I wouldn't blame them at all. If they knew she was drinking and doing drugs, then she DERSERVED and NEEDED to get caught PERIOD.

This girl has some SERIOUS addiction issues and needs long term serious rehab. A few days or weeks isn't going to do it. Of course first and foremost SHE needs to realize she has a problem that will take a LIFETIME of daily HARD WORK and dedication to fight.

I agree - I don't care if she was set up. I'm glad the police were called. It was just a matter of time before she killed herself or someone else.

I'm watching the rerun of LKL and Geragos is commenting on Lohan. He looks like he has had some work done, perhaps and eye lift or something. A little botox. Did anyone else notice?

The girl in my signature is my neice, she was killed by a drunk driver in May. The driver of the other car was killed also...:mad: It was not the first time he was drinking and driving. He had a record 4 DUI's, 2 driving under suspended licence, Any way I have absolutely NO sympathy for any one that takes the chance to drink and drive.
I'm so sorry about your niece. So young, so pretty. :(
I just can't imagine the pain your family went through. Especially finding out the other driver should have NEVER been back on the road.

While I do feel bad for Lindsay, I can't help but be constantly irritated by all these people (Britney, Lindsay, etc) with nothing but opportunities in front of them just throwing life away. Remember River Phoenix. Perhaps the most brilliant young actor of his time, except he died of a drug overdose. Anissa Jones, died at 18 from a drug overdose, and plenty others who have thrown their lives away. I am sick and tired of hearing about the poor kids who have bright futures, but refuse to see the light because of drinking and drugs. "They can't handle fame", some people say.. Well, what did they think came along with being a movie star, singer, etc.. anonymity?

Anyways.. I guess she'll prance back to rehab, spend a few days there.. sport another fashion statement, I mean SCRAM Bracelet, then take another chance, perhaps ending her own life,or some innocent bystanders by making yet another disastrous decision.

I do think alot has to do with crappy parenting. But, shes 21 now.

--Downey entering a strange house and then going to sleep,cops find a loaded gun in his car,he's sent to jail--While in jail, he is attacked by another inmate and requires some minor plastic surgery to his forehead--Then he finally straightened up

Yep! Sometimes the worst thing that has ever happened to us turns out to be the best thing that could have happened to us!

I'm watching the rerun of LKL and Geragos is commenting on Lohan. He looks like he has had some work done, perhaps and eye lift or something. A little botox. Did anyone else notice?

He looks ..."rested" ?.....no wrinkles...hair looks trimmed, maybe added some on top ?....I find him irritating but I have to admit, the "work" does improve his appearance !!

Poor Linsey....she needs help....

susiebond

My opinion only

I feel sorry for Lindsay Lohan. I think she has a mother who has exploited and misguided her, her whole life. Her father just got out of jail and has a history of erratic behavior. I hope this is the event that puts Lindsay on the road to finding her own health and happiness. In many ways I believe she is a victim.

mjak

:clap: I agree with you. I believe that her mother is also caught up in the entire LALA land of L.A. Do you feel that Britney's mom is too? Why do they have such problems with (lack of) control over their children's actions/morals/values? Are these starlets allowed to make their own decisions and do whatever they want at such a young age?

I feel that the only solution for her to remain sober in such a stressful atmosphere is to remove herself from there. Obviously, you don't jet off to Vegas days after leaving rehab and expect to drink water and suck down pixie sticks. I guess Malibu/BH/L.A. isn't the place to be sober, either.

MG

Of course now she's blaming everyone else for what happend. Drugs aren't hers, assistant's mom "almost" hit her........yeah right. Does she really believe people (us real folks that is) are going to believe her? Although I do hope she gets the help she needs, I do not feel sorry for her one bit. I think the movie production companies that are waiting with baited breath and are standing by her, need to drop her like a hot potato and give her a quick taste of reality.

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2007/07/25/723059.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back