Lisa and the river

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because some of us went back and read the scanner thread. I've known this for a couple of weeks now. If you read the thread, it seems to be lost in the conversation. This happened 2 1/2 hours before Lisa was reported missing. At the time it was reported, nothing was out of the ordinary. But, as I said before, there is no way that LE doesn't know about this.

BBM

Correct, and media also monitors the police scanner reports so at some point you would think two and two would of been put together and someone would have inquired LE about it.

It's probably a good question to ask JS, if he heard anything about this in October when he was there.

BBM

Correct, and media also monitors the police scanner reports so at some point you would think two and two would of been put together and someone would have inquired LE about it.

It's probably a good question to ask JS, if he heard anything about this in October when he was there.

Jim knows about this already.

And, how would we know what LE knows?

Jim knows about this already.

And, how would we know what LE knows?

He does? Do you know if he's going to try and find the lady who made the call and interview her? Or should we ask him to?

BBM

In the same thread it also states several other call ins, one of which was a break-in in progress with the residents in the home. I find that very interesting too.

Could someone please point me to the scanner thread? Thanks!

Could someone please point me to the scanner thread? Thanks!

Here's a link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150559"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Not the Missouri River...

exactly.

the map that was posted shows two rivers/tributaries that wind around on either side of the starbucks... i tried looking at maps online and my atlases but i can't find the names of these rivers (most maps just label the major rivers)... i want to find out how deep they are, how fast they run (i.e. can a body be sufficiently hidden?), how accessible they are etc...

who's in with help?!!

It, itself is probably 5 miles or so, but you have to go down to Front Street, which is another couple of miles south, to turn around. At that time Front Street was a total mess from major reconfiguration construction that was mainly going on during the night time hours. Very limited traffic flows and many delays. They were reconfiguring the underpass to what MODOT calls a converging diamond pattern. Total, utter, chaos under there then! No telling how long you could have been waiting for clearance to pass then.

tee hee -- don't you love MODOT?! I64 was shut down for reconstruction & outdated bridge replacement (to allow semis to drive under) for over 2 years!!! It took over an entire hour to drive 20 miles from I270 (the Outer Loop) to the end of the construction zone. Worked 24 hours when weather permitted . . . older cities have their traffic snares!

The weather's been nice -- is DB hanging outside the front of the house? Any new news? Where is Pumpkin Pie?

I don't know but I see a river disposal done by somebody not close to Lisa at all. If it were family, I just can't see them dropping her off a bridge.

exactly.

the map that was posted shows two rivers/tributaries that wind around on either side of the starbucks... i tried looking at maps online and my atlases but i can't find the names of these rivers (most maps just label the major rivers)... i want to find out how deep they are, how fast they run (i.e. can a body be sufficiently hidden?), how accessible they are etc...

who's in with help?!!

Brush Creek runs into the Blue River close to 4343 Clary Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64130-2330
There are no bodies of water near 401 Main Street but the Santa Fe National Historic Trail -- Foot Trail Primary (Trail or Other Non-Vehicular Thoroughfare) 3.76 miles runs through there; is that the address for the Starbucks?
according to DeLorme Topo USA

What bridge was something tossed from? I435? Round Grove Creek -- Stream runs under the expressway & connects with the Blue River (again, according to my geo software).

Someone at the Clary Blvd called in a sighting that something was being thrown from the I435 bridge (which is a distance of 1.11 miles as the crow flies) very early in the morning?

While I do not doubt there is a ton of light on I435, is it possible to see that far? Maybe a larger object than cell phones (ew)?

There is also a road Winchester Avenue (which hits Coal Mine Road) which crosses over the Blue River adjacent to I435.

Also, it's a wooded wetland in that area. I would assume that the creek & Blue River are not fast moving during the Fall -- the creek may not have any water in the Fall.

Someone at the Clary Blvd called in a sighting that something was being thrown from the I435 bridge (which is a distance of 1.11 miles as the crow flies) very early in the morning?

While I do not doubt there is a ton of light on I435, is it possible to see that far? Maybe a larger object than cell phones (ew)?

There is also a road Winchester Avenue which crosses over the Blue River adjacent to I435.

Also, it's a wooded wetland in that area. I would assume that the creek & Blue River are not fast moving during the Fall -- the creek may not have any water in the Fall.

Except that there was major flooding in the summer... we've had such a drought lately, I wonder what levels are now? I am an hour south & haven't been up there since November.

Except that there was major flooding in the summer... we've had such a drought lately, I wonder what levels are now? I am an hour south & haven't been up there since November.

Date was 4 Oct . . . we had been doing rain dances in the Lou since the end of June. But again I'm 300 miles east.

Date was 4 Oct . . . we had been doing rain dances in the Lou since the end of June. But again I'm 300 miles east.

True, there was a drought then here too... I was thinking of the MO river, which was still pretty high & running hard, don't know about the Blue...?

True, there was a drought then here too... I was thinking of the MO river, which was still pretty high & running hard, don't know about the Blue...?

Yeah, the MO River was very high here until early Fall & has continued to drop to scary levels

actually, the Blue River even through KC appears to be a larger watershed

http://www.brwa.net/newstream.htm

now I am going to want to take my bike there

Yeah, the MO River was very high here until early Fall & has continued to drop to scary levels

actually, the Blue River even through KC appears to be a larger watershed

http://www.brwa.net/newstream.htm

now I am going to want to take my bike there

I've been wanting to take my dog exploring, he LOVES the water... just may have to make a little trip north ...:wolf2:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back