Lisa Marie Presley Dies At 54 After Cardiac Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

At a party celebrating the Elvis film the weekend before the Golden Globes (on Sunday, Jan. 8, Elvis' birthday), Lisa Marie addressed the attendees and said her dad would be proud of the movie.

"I'm so overwhelmed by this film and the effect that it's had and what Baz has done, Austin's done. I'm so proud, and I know that my father would also be very proud. ... I'm overwhelmed with gratitude, so thank you," she said at the gathering.

Following her death, celebrities paid tribute to Lisa Marie, with John Travolta writing, "Lisa baby girl, I'm so sorry. I'll miss you but I know I'll see you again. My love and heart goes out to Riley, Priscilla, Harper and Finley."

Lisa Marie was also mother to son Benjamin Keough, who died by suicide in 2020 at age 27.

At a party celebrating the Elvis film the weekend before the Golden Globes (on Sunday, Jan. 8, Elvis' birthday), Lisa Marie addressed the attendees and said her dad would be proud of the movie.

"I'm so overwhelmed by this film and the effect that it's had and what Baz has done, Austin's done. I'm so proud, and I know that my father would also be very proud. ... I'm overwhelmed with gratitude, so thank you," she said at the gathering.

Following her death, celebrities paid tribute to Lisa Marie, with John Travolta writing, "Lisa baby girl, I'm so sorry. I'll miss you but I know I'll see you again. My love and heart goes out to Riley, Priscilla, Harper and Finley."

Lisa Marie was also mother to son Benjamin Keough, who died by suicide in 2020 at age 27.

E0F45FCA-56D2-4ECE-935F-0D85843AC285.jpegE81AD042-F435-45BB-A37D-B7DBA3298550.jpeg

AUSTIN Butler sent a heartbreaking message to Lisa Marie Presley at the Golden Globes just days before her death.

“After winning Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Austin said: “I want to thank the Presley family.

“Thank you, guys. Thank you for opening your hearts, your memories, and your home to me."

Turning to Lisa Marie and Priscilla, who sat in the audience, he added: "Lisa Marie, Priscilla, I love you forever.”

Lisa Marie looked emotional and covered her mouth with both hands as guests applauded around her.”

The tribute Austin paid to Lisa Marie and Priscilla at the Golden Globes was lovely. He must be devastated by Lisa Marie passing away so suddenly and unexpectedly so soon after seeing her at the awards on Tuesday night.

Austin deserved to win the Best Actor Golden Globe award. His performance as Elvis in the movie is phenomenal and I really hope he wins the Best Actor award at The Oscars because he deserves to win it. The movie is extremely well made and very emotional to watch. All the cast gave great performances and the movie transports you back to the 50s, 60s and 70s (which were before I was born) with music and the sets used. If you haven’t had the chance to see it yet I really recommend it. I didn’t expect to be sitting in the cinema in tears watching it and other people in the audience were crying too.

View attachment 395119View attachment 395120

AUSTIN Butler sent a heartbreaking message to Lisa Marie Presley at the Golden Globes just days before her death.

“After winning Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Austin said: “I want to thank the Presley family.

“Thank you, guys. Thank you for opening your hearts, your memories, and your home to me."

Turning to Lisa Marie and Priscilla, who sat in the audience, he added: "Lisa Marie, Priscilla, I love you forever.”

Lisa Marie looked emotional and covered her mouth with both hands as guests applauded around her.”

The tribute Austin paid to Lisa Marie and Priscilla at the Golden Globes was lovely. He must be devastated by Lisa Marie passing away so suddenly and unexpectedly so soon after seeing her at the awards on Tuesday night.

Austin deserved to win the Best Actor Golden Globe award. His performance as Elvis in the movie is phenomenal and I really hope he wins the Best Actor award at The Oscars because he deserves to win it. The movie is extremely well made and very emotional to watch. All the cast gave great performances and the movie transports you back to the 50s, 60s and 70s (which were before I was born) with music and the sets used. If you haven’t had the chance to see it yet I really recommend it. I didn’t expect to be sitting in the cinema in tears watching it and other people in the audience were crying too.
It is a great movie. It certainly doesn’t paint Elvis’s manager, Col. Tom Parker, in a good light.

Let’s hope the people managing Lisa’s estate look out for the best interests of her minor children. Unfortunately, some just see $$$$.

R.I.P. Lisa Marie - you never stood a chance: MAUREEN CALLAHAN'S searing portrait of a troubled loner who watched her daddy die - and was haunted by the graveyard in her Graceland garden with the plot waiting for her…​

For all the recent talk about royalty and primogeniture, there may be no greater example of its perils than Lisa Marie Presley.

The only child of Elvis, the King of Rock n' Roll, Lisa Marie felt like she belonged to all of us, and how terribly unfair. She was the little girl who had everything: Her father spoiled her silly, giving her a tiny, bespoke fur coat and real jewels. He named one of his private planes after her, a plane you can tour at Graceland for an extra fee. He would send a car, unannounced, to pick her up at school, and that was the sign she was going on the road with her daddy. He once flew her to Utah just so she could see snow.

She was with her father when he died in his bathroom at Graceland. She saw him on the floor, rolled out of his own vomit, people working to resuscitate him as her grandfather Vernon wailed, 'Oh God son, please don't go, please don't die.'

Lisa was nine years old. 'What's wrong with my daddy?' she asked. 'Something's wrong with my daddy, and I'm going to find out.'

She was back at Graceland just four days before her own death, at age 54, from cardiac arrest. She gave a speech; it was January 8, her father's birthday. Graceland was always a haunted place for her.

'The backyard of Graceland is a graveyard, basically,' she told Playboy in 2003. 'How many people have a family grave in the backyard? How many people are reminded of their fate, of their mortality, every f---ing day? All the graves are lined up and there's a spot there, waiting for me, right next to my grandmother.'

There was, by her own admission, a dark cloud that followed her. The Presley bloodline is a rough one, shot through with depression, mental illness, heart problems, addiction. Her father was a 'twinless twin' — his twin brother Jesse a stillbirth, a loss his mother Gladys never got over. Elvis himself suffered with an existential loneliness that grew in direct proportion to his fame. During his last stay in Las Vegas, in December 1976, he wrote a note that read, in part:

'I feel so alone sometimes . . . Help me, Lord.'

Lisa Marie Presley will be buried at Graceland, the famed home of Elvis Presley that on Friday became a gathering place for fans distraught over her death a day earlier.

The singer-songwriter’s final resting place will be next to her son, Benjamin Keough, who died in 2020, said a representative of her daughter and actor Riley Keough. Elvis and other members of the Presley family are also buried at Graceland.

R.I.P. Lisa Marie - you never stood a chance: MAUREEN CALLAHAN'S searing portrait of a troubled loner who watched her daddy die - and was haunted by the graveyard in her Graceland garden with the plot waiting for her…​

For all the recent talk about royalty and primogeniture, there may be no greater example of its perils than Lisa Marie Presley.

The only child of Elvis, the King of Rock n' Roll, Lisa Marie felt like she belonged to all of us, and how terribly unfair. She was the little girl who had everything: Her father spoiled her silly, giving her a tiny, bespoke fur coat and real jewels. He named one of his private planes after her, a plane you can tour at Graceland for an extra fee. He would send a car, unannounced, to pick her up at school, and that was the sign she was going on the road with her daddy. He once flew her to Utah just so she could see snow.

She was with her father when he died in his bathroom at Graceland. She saw him on the floor, rolled out of his own vomit, people working to resuscitate him as her grandfather Vernon wailed, 'Oh God son, please don't go, please don't die.'

Lisa was nine years old. 'What's wrong with my daddy?' she asked. 'Something's wrong with my daddy, and I'm going to find out.'

She was back at Graceland just four days before her own death, at age 54, from cardiac arrest. She gave a speech; it was January 8, her father's birthday. Graceland was always a haunted place for her.

'The backyard of Graceland is a graveyard, basically,' she told Playboy in 2003. 'How many people have a family grave in the backyard? How many people are reminded of their fate, of their mortality, every f---ing day? All the graves are lined up and there's a spot there, waiting for me, right next to my grandmother.'

There was, by her own admission, a dark cloud that followed her. The Presley bloodline is a rough one, shot through with depression, mental illness, heart problems, addiction. Her father was a 'twinless twin' — his twin brother Jesse a stillbirth, a loss his mother Gladys never got over. Elvis himself suffered with an existential loneliness that grew in direct proportion to his fame. During his last stay in Las Vegas, in December 1976, he wrote a note that read, in part:

'I feel so alone sometimes . . . Help me, Lord.'

Sad, sad, and more sadness.

I recall an interview more than a decade ago where LMP described herself as somewhat of a late bloomer and how she left the hospital after giving birth to her twins with legit opiate Rx and in her mid 40's she experienced addiction. She was shattered by how the high was also diminishing her joy. It got worse when her former husband used this against her during the custody battle for her daughters. It was all I could think about this morning when I read the twins were with him. Condolences to her family. :(

I pray for her loved ones that they can find peace. She appeared so frail at the Golden Globes and I had wondered if she was suffering from an illness. May she be resting easy.

I pray for her loved ones that they can find peace. She appeared so frail at the Golden Globes and I had wondered if she was suffering from an illness. May she be resting easy.
I get the impression she may have been a self sacrificer, similar to Elvis. He was always trying to make people happy. Buying them Cadillacs, etc. And I can imagine he did concerts many times when he wasn’t physically up to it.

Lisa Marie may have been quite overwhelmed with all of her obligations over the last few days before her death. And possibly had started prior to that. I had read where she didn’t go out and about much, since her son, Bens, tragic death. That would have made the added pressures even more stressful and exhausting for her.
Memphis, for Elvis BD. Then back to LA for the Golden Globes party, then the Golden Globes …. All back to back. She must have been completely stressed out and physically exhausted. And she looked so frail, as though she hadnt been eating properly. Yet she kept going and going. She could hardly walk and stand on her own. So very sad. God Bless her

Lisa Marie Presley will be laid to rest this weekend -- her exact burial spot is being excavated right now, and as expected ... it's in close proximity to her father, Elvis Presley.

Sources at Graceland tell TMZ ... preparations are currently underway at the Presley family compound in Memphis to accommodate the Celebration of Life ceremony scheduled to take place Sunday...

I watched an interview with Lisa Marie this morning from 2018. She discusses her new gospel duet with her dad, "Where No One Stands Alone."

She is vulnerable in this interview as she discusses her own life struggles. She tells the interviewer that she knew that her dad loved her more than anything else and that if he were still alive, he would be protecting her. That he always protected her. She talks about the upstairs portion of Graceland as where she feels the safest and most peaceful.

I am a life-long Elvis fan, yet I never truly realized until recently how much she loved Elvis and how much she knew he loved her. She must have wandered the world of celebrity feeling so unprotected. Just like many of us, she needed her daddy. Lisa Marie has always been so private as Priscilla was the face of Graceland. Priscilla was the one who worked endlessly to safeguard Elvis' name, home, and his legacy. I feel Lisa Marie was just beginning to represent her dad to his fans when she passed away. Below is a video of them singing together.

Comments from Lisa's grief counselor. She invited him to travel with her to her dad's birthday celebration just a few days before her death. Goodness, I am learning so much about her since her death.

I will self-report this because I'm not sure if daily beast is an approved source

At only age 54, why would Priscilla order a DNR for her child, Lisa Marie, when admitting her to hospital? It was a second heart attack while at the hospital that killed her and you'd think she was in the best place to be resuscitated and saved. Perhaps this is a Scientology belief? I'm just sorry for her children that suddenly lost their mum. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back