Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and checked MapQuest distance from Plainfield MI to Alpha MI in the UP. 500 miles and 8 hours each way. He couldn't have done that after the kids went to bed. Did he have that kind of time later in the ensuing days to take Lisa's remains up there, and no one knowing it?

I don't understand the repeated searches of the cabin property area. Isn't it more likely she was put in a dumpster somewhere in the school area so that if found it could be argued by a defense lawyer she was attacked in that area?

rd

Like I said previously, first, they don't even have proof that she is dead. Second, a small amount of blood on a tarp, assuming they have it, isn't enough to charge someone for a crime that they can't even prove happened. If you charge someone without enough evidence for a conviction, they go free. You only get one shot at a trial to convict so you must have conclusive evidence.

Assuming the reports are true that CS said "you'll never get any money from me, you'll just disappear and no one will find you, this could indicate premeditation. I'd say that if he did it, the body could be anywhere in a 3 hour radius. Three hours there, three hours back and a couple hours to spare for burying, clean-up, etc. If he thought about it for a long time, he could have dumped her anywhere...north, south, east, west. If premeditated, he would not dump her DB in an obvious place.

I believe the only hope for finding her body is luck. Perhaps an animal digging her up and someone finding bones, or excavating for a new subdivision or shopping mall. It's possible, without luck, that he could have thought of a place that is totally unpredictable and out of the way enough that she is never found. Just think of all the places you go by where there is nothing around for miles if you drive in any direction for 3 hours.

You just got to hope that if he did it, he screwed up, or he cracks. :banghead:

I believe they have reported it several times as his father's cabin...so the article you read could have made a mistake. We know journalists have a tendency to do that at times.

Are you referring to some other cabin, and that the cabin the police are searching repeatedly isn't in Alpha, MI in the UP?

I think there was also repeated mention that he had spent the previous weekend there where they are searching. They spent the weekend in Alpha, MI.

rd

I know this may sound odd and I haven't really been following this thread, but have the poilce dug up the garden he was working in at the time she went missing? What about the house Is there a crawl space under it where he could have buried a body? Don't get me wrong I think he did it, but I think she may be closer than they think. How long did that one guy hide his wife's body in the family garage before they found her?

It was a few days before they found Tara Grant's dismembered body in the garage, after she was reported missing and presumably after the police visited the house.

rd

Let's just say, hypothetically, Craig killed Lisa. I truly believe he would have disposed of her body that night after the kids went to bed. After that, people know she is missing and he has lost his anonymity. If the kids go to bed at app. 9pm and get up at 7am, that's 10 hours. Factor in at least an hour to make sure they are asleep, and now there is a max of 9 hours to dispose of a body, so IMHO, she has to be within a 4.5 hour radius of her home.
He comes across as at least a little sociopathic. It seems all the material possessions are in his name (in which case he could have very well taken out all these second mortgages without Lisa's knowledge) yet he refers to the children as "her"s. For me, anyway, I can refer to joint property as mine or ours, but not as his, and the only time I say "your daughter/son" is when they have done something bad, lol.

It isn't proof enough, I guess. Like mentioned previously, it would have to be more than a few drops. I think his time is coming tho...quickly.

The reason the lawyer hasn't asked Craig anything about his possible involvement is because as an officer of the court...he can't know and hide a confession...or at least...that is my understanding.

As an officer of the court, the attorney is NOT obligated to tell LE IF his client confesses. It goes under 'attorney/client privilege.'

The reason an attorney doesn't want to know his client is guilty is because it could interfere in the attorney's defense of his client. IF his client were to take the stand and the attorney knew he was guilty, he couldn't ask him any questions that would suborn perjury. THEN the attorney would be breaking the law.

That's why B O'Reilly was so upset after the Westerfield trial in which he was found guilty and received the DP for Daniel VanDam. It didn't come out until AFTER the trial was over that the DA offered a deal to the defendant and he had accepted, if he told them the location of Daniel, they'd take the DP off the table. The defendant accepted but,...........they found Daniel before the DA was able to sign the final documents. O'Reilly wanted the lawyer disbarred because of what went on during the trial.

JMHO
fran

I know this may sound odd and I haven't really been following this thread, but have the poilce dug up the garden he was working in at the time she went missing? What about the house Is there a crawl space under it where he could have buried a body? Don't get me wrong I think he did it, but I think she may be closer than they think. How long did that one guy hide his wife's body in the family garage before they found her?

This has all the signs of premeditated. It is highly unlikely in a premedited crime that he'd leave the body in his garage or around his house, or anywhere near where it would be obvious to look. If it were a rash act of rage, all bets are off and there would likely be mistakes. Assuming he did it, it is obvious that he has prepared himself mentally for the aftermath. That's why I don't think it will be easy to find the body.

He really couldn't have been gone from the house for an extensive period of time, and he would have had to wait till way later so neighbors wouldn't see him either.

Probably a post-midnight trip, somewhere within town.

Will the police be bringing jackhammers to his house as the Dutch police did to Juran's (sp) house, as spazkat points out about looking close to home?

rd

If premeditated, he would not dump her DB in an obvious place.

I believe the only hope for finding her body is luck. :banghead:

I am amazed how these bodies can just be out there sometimes for years and sometimes forever and not be found. One of my brother's good friends body was found in a small field surrounded by apartment buildings on two sides after laying out there for approximately a year and a half. Someone just stumbled upon it one day. The official verdict was he committed suicide. Some people disagree about that, but if it was suicide, there wasn't much of an attempt to hide the body, and it still was just dumb luck it was found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia
OMG Fran that expression! I've heard NG say that so many times and it drives me crazy that I've never been able to figure out what it means! Is it a short form for something or is it just her own code? Can you please, please clue me in?! :o TIA

Utopia

It's from Scooby Doo!

I knew it was from an old cartoon, just not which one...... Thanks JB for the info......

Let's just say, hypothetically, Craig killed Lisa. I truly believe he would have disposed of her body that night after the kids went to bed. After that, people know she is missing and he has lost his anonymity. If the kids go to bed at app. 9pm and get up at 7am, that's 10 hours. Factor in at least an hour to make sure they are asleep, and now there is a max of 9 hours to dispose of a body, so IMHO, she has to be within a 4.5 hour radius of her home.
He comes across as at least a little sociopathic. It seems all the material possessions are in his name (in which case he could have very well taken out all these second mortgages without Lisa's knowledge) yet he refers to the children as "her"s. For me, anyway, I can refer to joint property as mine or ours, but not as his, and the only time I say "your daughter/son" is when they have done something bad, lol.

Our car's are all in my name because I have better credit so I got a better interest rate. Given her job I can't imagin she made much money, so the property in his name could have just been an income and credit issue rather than any thing else. my hubby and I have been married for over 8 years but my score is still over 50 points higher, and because everything goes in my name I get the benifits of the on time payments to raise my score where he does not. Yes we could cosign but that gives a higher interest rate. So that could just be one of those things. As for the children being hers that strikes me as odd.

I can see it on the cars, and even the cottage in MI, and maybe it's because I'm in a community property state, but our house is in both our names, and the actual mortgage is only in my name.

IMHO, if he had say 10 hours to get rid of the body, I don't think he would have traveled all that far. He wouldn't want to take a chance of being away from the home that long in the middle of the night while the children were sleeping. What if they woke up and no one was there?

OK, my theory is,...........he PERHAPS killed her while the children were at the store. He removed her from the home to a vehicle AFTER the kids were in bed. I believe I mentioned earlier that on an airiel view of the home with his truck in the driveway, I believe it was his truck that was piled high with JUNK, which would have been a good temporary hiding place for her body.

It's reported that he took Lisa's place and carpooled the kids that morning then went to work. He was contacted at work by 10:00 A.M. that she hadn't shown up for work and he returned home. IMHO, she was POSSIBLY disposed of at a predetermined and perhaps already prepared location on his way to work.

JMHO
fran

I was wondering if anyone thought he was out of work so he could show less income for child support and alimony? I am wondering if she knew about the Equity in the house?

I did read the car and truck are registered to him. Was the house in her name too atleast?

Have not seen this mentioned, if he in fact was union, and out of work, isn't he supposed to go to the union hall and sign up for new work? Any verification or news from the union hall?

Mortgage, well where the hades was his kids college fund? (those of us think that way). Refinances..... typically 125% of value with doc's, who knows what he found no doc......

Sadly, I lost a friend in a similiar situation less than a year ago, who was a builder in the area, possibly to suicide...... sad to lose him, but at LEAST HE DID NOT HURT HIS WIFE OR KIDS!

Apparently BK wasnt an option here....
:croc:

Yeah, I really don't think the body is more than one to one and a half hours away. I lean more towards spur of the moment than premed, but I do believe it is something he has brooded about since he realized she was serious about the divorce, maybe even going so far as to figure out what would be the best way to dispose of the body.
One of the tells for me is how 'concerned' he was when Lisa came up missing. Considering all that had gone on up to that point, I would more expect him to be pissed off she stayed out all night and put him out by having to take the kids to school, etc.
Just my opinion.

I doubt he car pooled the kids in his truck so he probably drove the saturn. I'd really like to know which vehicle he took to work that morning. For one thing it would be safer to have her in the trunk rather than the back of a pickup. He only worked 20 minutes away so that route should be checked by LE in case he didn't get rid of her that night but instead somewhere along his usual route to work and that wouldn't be suspicious if anyone saw him.

Also did they ever exchange vehicles? Did Lisa have a set of keys to Craig's truck? If not how was she supposed to get to work if indeed he had the saturn. Nothing has been said about her keys but I think she probably had those in her purse when she left.

Were both vehicles normally parked in the garage, or just one? My husband takes the kids in his pickup all the time, he very rarely drives my car. If it were me, I would be using the trunk vs. the open bed of a pickup, but if he really had so much stuff back there, it might have been possible to conceal her. I would just worry about stuff getting blown around, etc.
Just my opinion.

Hey, that's right! Where did he used to hunt? :loser:

Bet LE already knows and they have searches going on in those spots right now as we type.

JMHO
fran

Hey, Fran --- Do you know something about this that you can share here? I thought LE had stated awhile back (can't recall just when) that they would not be conducting any more ground searches for Lisa.

Undoubtedly law enforcement aren't always straight up with the public though, and for good reason.

How I'd taken their statement at the time, was that they were going to focus more on the person that a couple people told police had threatened to do away with Lisa and that she'd never be found. Maybe that was an intimidation tactic by LE. Or maybe my perception of what was implied is just off, which is entirely possible.

Liz:
I honestly probably know less about the case than you do. I just take wild guesses and sometimes they're right. I have watched enough of these cases, though, to know that quite often LE is doing things behind the scenes that you and I have no idea about.

I won't mention exacts here on the open forum, as we've learned that these perps are getting smarter and working the internet to see how LE could be 'tripping them up.' :)

Remember, it's within the law for a police officer to lie to get you to confess or whatever. But it's a crime in many states to lie to LE.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members