LIST Case Questions and Answers For Members #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Casey's fingerprints were on the duct tape, wouldn't they have to disclose that to the defense? It seemed such a weird way of wording the fingerprint part (Lee, GA, CA prints weren't on the tape but no mention of Casey).

If Casey's fingerprints were on the duct tape, wouldn't they have to disclose that to the defense? It seemed such a weird way of wording the fingerprint part (Lee, GA, CA prints weren't on the tape but no mention of Casey).

I have the same question. I just read the channel 6 article where they are saying that there were no finger prints on the duct tape and all I could find it where CA GA and LA prints were excluded, but nothing else. If someone has a link other than that please post it.

Is it confirmed that no shoes were found with Caylee's body?

i've certainly read a thread on this theme too, bbabycat. i'm sorry i can't help you locate it but when i use the search function, no matter how long i leave between searches, i get the following message:
This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 15 seconds.

Thanks anyway...I didn't want to start a new one, but I can't seem to find the old one.

Oh well:)

Does anyone else sleep better knowing there is one less snake in the

Florida swamp? Who puts a snake in the freezer?:eek:

Aren't the Anth's due to be depo'd this week or has it been delayed by their atty?

It's my understanding that certain records or information can be kept under seal or otherwise withheld from public release. The Courts or the appropriate state agency can move to have records sealed or declared exempt from the public release requirements of the Sunshine Law.

So the defense is likely getting a lot more discovery than we will ever see at this point. It's possible an exact fingerprint match between Casey & the duct tape would be sealed pre-trial because it could be construed as so prejudicial as to foreclose her ability to have a fair trial.

That's just my guess, but I'm pretty sure the defense is seeing and will see a lot of discovery we, the public, can't see right now.

Does anyone else sleep better knowing there is one less snake in the

Florida swamp? Who puts a snake in the freezer?:eek:
I will take this as a serious question...as far as I know, nobody where I live puts a snake in their freezer.

Too funny!

I will take this as a serious question...as far as I know, nobody where I live puts a snake in their freezer.

Too funny!
I have a baby snapping turtle in my freezer. Been in there for 10 years. So, some of us freeze dead things.

Do you think the snake deserves a thread of its own?:p lol

It's my understanding that certain records or information can be kept under seal or otherwise withheld from public release. The Courts or the appropriate state agency can move to have records sealed or declared exempt from the public release requirements of the Sunshine Law.

So the defense is likely getting a lot more discovery than we will ever see at this point. It's possible an exact fingerprint match between Casey & the duct tape would be sealed pre-trial because it could be construed as so prejudicial as to foreclose her ability to have a fair trial.

That's just my guess, but I'm pretty sure the defense is seeing and will see a lot of discovery we, the public, can't see right now.
If the FBI still has it in their possession or in their lab...the SL does not affect them in turning over evidence or reports.

the wording of that report is driving me crazy:waitasec: I THINK the problem lies with the fact that OCS had sent in a request along with fingerprints from LA, GA and CA so those prints were mentioned in that report. I am sure the FBI already had KC's. the request specified they check to exclude the prints they sent along with the request, so the report replied to those specific prints. Does that make sense? they did not spefically mention KC's in that report because they weren't asked, in the request from OCSO to check for her prints? the report does say no latent prints were found on the duct tape, so even though I have just given a theory as to why they named GA, LA and CA - I still don't understand it:p

FWIW... I saw the National Enq at the checkout stand today. Front page----source close to the investigation says Casey's prints were on the tape as well as a finger nail. I know...consider the source. I didn't read the article.

Thanks for the answers!

If Casey's fingerprints were on the duct tape wouldn't they have to disclose that to the defense? It seemed such a weird way of wording the fingerprint part (Lee, GA, CA prints weren't on the tape but no mention of Casey).

If the FBI still has it in their possession or in their lab...the SL does not affect them in turning over evidence or reports.

This whole case has baffled me. On another thread we were discussing whether Caylee death was an accident or premeditated. I had always thought that it was an accident with a coverup. But when the evidence of the duct tape came out I was shocked and thought this had to be premedicated. I just couldn't get past the duct tape.

I have a question. Is it possible that KC over medicated her, Caylee died while she was taking a nap? She didn't know what to do, so she put her in the sandbox. Waited a day or two and put her in a garbage bag in her trunk. Taped her mouth, hands and feet to stage the kidnapping. The body started to smell and she went to move her the bag leaked so she grabbed the laundry bag from the garage. Went around the corner and dumped her. We all know that she doesn't plan anything more than 10 minutes ahead. I don't think that she knew that the decomp would continue to increase over time. She thought she had taken care of the problem. Thus her text to AH.

Another question that I have is, can they determine whether the duct tape was put on post mortem by the hair that was found with the body? Some could have the band and others would not?

I'm confused about Amy H's statement to LE about duct tape. In the latest document dump, she tells LE that she was not aware of Casey ever having "packing materials ie duct tape". I thought that we have seen text and/or pm messages regarding Casey and Amy sharing duct tape for the No Clothes Party. Can anyone help ? Please ?

I'm confused about Amy H's statement to LE about duct tape. In the latest document dump, she tells LE that she was not aware of Casey ever having "packing materials ie duct tape". I thought that we have seen text and/or pm messages regarding Casey and Amy sharing duct tape for the No Clothes Party. Can anyone help ? Please ?

you're right, Shaymus, I'm one of the folks who started a thread about this after the new doc dump, it got merged with an older thread about the AH text messages, you can probably find it in the first couple pages of threads. I'll try to put the link for you here. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76642&page=6 Scroll down to about post #146 I believe. :)

Someone on the JP's lost keys thread posted in December describing some of the contents of text messages between JP and AH, saying that JP had texted AH that if she let KC and TL into the apartment they shouldn't be allowed in the bedrooms, or somesuch. Another person and I were stunned seeing this post today because we have never seen these text messages in the official documents. I checked again, the only text messages shown in the documents are the ones between KC and Iassen, KC and NYitaliano, and KC and AH. (And emails between RP and Cindy.) Where are these text messages between JP and other friends?! Thanks everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme