Live MSM coverage on Baby Lisa 20 October 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two things really jump out at me-- BS isn't "working hard on the case" the way I would be if I had unlimited access to the parents. He's in NYC doing redundant interviews.

Secondly, I literally flinched when explaining his exasperation with the case he said: "I can't get my hands around it," as he made a low shaking gesture. :eek: The common phrase is "I can't wrap my head around it." Freudian slip?

Eh, I just find him another PI exploiting a tragedy. moo

ON law and order SVU last night there was an episode about a missing baby.
Parents got drunk, woke up in the hotel room and realized their baby was dead. Mom was sure she had rolled on him and smothered him during the night. So they drove into New York and staged and elaborate my car was stolen with the baby inside story.....
Turns out the ME found out the baby died from SIDS and that in fact the parents weren't responsible. The mom said they lied because they were scared no one would believe them that he just died for no reason. They panicked and reacted in a panicked state..
Kinda OT.. but makes you wonder.. and yes i know it's just a TV show LOL

ETA: She even went and bought diapers for the baby, she was in the process of buying them when she said the car was stolen with the baby inside...

I still don't believe that DB was drunk, IMO she is using that as an excuse because she wants everyone to think that is why she is having trouble remembering. DB knows what happened, that is why her timeline keeps changing, because most of the things she said she did, didn't actually happen. If they did, she would remember. It is easier to say you are a drunk than to admit you harmed your child. JMHO

Right, and she recalls going to the boys room and telling them they could sleep with her, but then conveniently forgets whether she then checked on baby Lisa in the room next door?

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/1...e-asks-if-they-sold-or-killed-their-daughter/ @3:30

Well, it was JIs first night shift. That wouldn't be completely normal to have him gone.

Well to hear her tell it now, there was nothing normal at all about that evening.

Husband at work, fussy baby who had to be put to bed an hour early, neighbour over with a 4yr old who was in the house with the two sons while Mom and neighbour sat outside on the porch drinking all night. To the point where she was so drunk she can't remember turning of lights, locking doors, closing windows and she blindly stumbled into bed at 10:30pm. This time she does remember and is very consistent with it. But of course she's never been able to come up with a bedtime for the boys or even how one of them got in her bed...with a kitten...on a school night.

Is this what she calls a pretty normal evening around there as she did in the beginning?

MOO

Maybe BS is just being paid to keep the case in the media. His statement this morning was mostly about him trying to say he and "his team" (again whomever that is) are just there to find the truth. Be it a kidnapper or be it the parents. So, his role was to talk with the parents, done that, report back, then keep the media interested. I really don't see it as anything other than that, he is way to "unclear". If the parents are still talking with him after today, and JT lets them do that, then there is your team.

ON law and order SVU last night there was an episode about a missing baby.
Parents got drunk, woke up in the hotel room and realized their baby was dead. Mom was sure she had rolled on him and smothered him during the night. So they drove into New York and staged and elaborate my car was stolen with the baby inside story.....
Turns out the ME found out the baby died from SIDS and that in fact the parents weren't responsible. The mom said they lied because they were scared no one would believe them that he just died for no reason. They panicked and reacted in a panicked state..
Kinda OT.. but makes you wonder.. and yes i know it's just a TV show LOL

I've been wondering about SIDS for a while now.

Not verbatim but he basically said if it was an accident - if the child was shaken or over-medicated...(he did not finish that thought really) -

JMO but neither is an accident.

http://www.dontshake.org/sbs.php?topNavID=3&subNavID=21

Oh, BritsKate, you have no idea how happy I am to hear this (about adult force being needed). It has been 20 years since I shook my brother (I was 9) and even though he's a healthy adult now, I think of it often and feel terrible.

Maybe BS is just being paid to keep the case in the media. His statement this morning was mostly about him trying to say he and "his team" (again whomever that is) are just there to find the truth. Be it a kidnapper or be it the parents. So, his role was to talk with the parents, done that, report back, then keep the media interested. I really don't see it as anything other than that, he is way to "unclear". If the parents are still talking with him after today, and JT lets them do that, then there is your team.

His initials are BS. Enough said. MOO

Well to hear her tell it now, there was nothing normal at all about that evening.

Husband at work, fussy baby who had to be put to bed an hour early, neighbour over with a 4yr old who was in the house with the two sons while Mom and neighbour sat outside on the porch drinking all night. To the point where she was so drunk she can't remember turning of lights, locking doors, closing windows and she blindly stumbled into bed at 10:30pm. This time she does remember and is very consistent with it. But of course she's never been able to come up with a bedtime for the boys or even how one of them got in her bed...with a kitten.

Is this what she calls a pretty normal evening around there as she did in the beginning?

MOO

The notion that they were sitting outside on the front stoop bugs me. Why would they be sitting out there drinking? It was pretty chilly that night, wasn't it? There are no chairs out there. Even if you're a smoker who restricts themselves to outside, they have a deck with furniture out back, don't they?

Not saying the front stoop scenario didn't happen...I just wonder why it happened. If it even did.

Oh, BritsKate, you have no idea how happy I am to hear this (about adult force being needed). It has been 20 years since I shook my brother (I was 9) and even though he's a healthy adult now, I think of it often and feel terrible.

My dad dropped me on my head twice when I was a baby (can you tell I'm the oldest child?) and I turned out okay. Don't feel terrible - babies are resilient! I'm sure you didn't do any damage at all.

Awww. Don't feel too bad - my 11 year old plots and plans to do away with her 9 year old brother almost daily! Just kidding...almost. ;)

Loads of sibling rivalry and 'little brothers are stinky syndrome' at my house!

When is SIDS most likely to occur?
SIDS is the leading cause of death in infants between 28 days to 12 months of age. Most SIDS deaths, approximately 60%, occur when a baby is between 2 and 4 months of age.. At 6 months of age, 95% of the babies who are going to die of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome have already died. After 6 months of age, the risk of SIDS decreases significantly. Age is adjusted for premature infants. The incidence of SIDS deaths are higher during the fall and winter, and frequently, the infant will have a mild upper respiratory or diarrheal illness preceding the death. Currently, the diagnosis of SIDS is not used after 1 year of age.

I've been wondering about SIDS for a while now.

Not impossible but 90% of SIDS cases occur within the first six months. If it was SIDS why stage it like a kidnapping?

The notion that they were sitting outside on the front stoop bugs me. Why would they be sitting out there drinking? It was pretty chilly that night, wasn't it? There are no chairs out there. Even if you're a smoker who restricts themselves to outside, they have a deck with furniture out back, don't they?

Not saying the front stoop scenario didn't happen...I just wonder why it happened. If it even did.

One reason young girls sit on the front stoop, rather than on the deck in the backyard, is to signal to someone who may see them to stop over, they're drinking. Seems like it could be her mentality, imo.

Not impossible but 90% of SIDS cases occur within the first six months. If it was SIDS why stage it like a kidnapping?

maybe DB panicked (she blacked out) had no idea what happened?:waitasec:

If they do find Baby Lisa and she had been repeatedly shaken an X-ray of her skull might show evidence of the tell-tale "egg shell crack pattern" on her skull. Many caregivers have no idea that shaking a baby repeatedly does have effects on the bone in addition to the brain tissue.

Twisting a child's arm is another type of abuse that, on X-ray, can show specific spiral hairline fractures.

They need to find Lisa.

Interesting that BS doesn't include the possibility that Lisa died or was hidden away (alive) earlier on Monday. I need a link but somewhere, in the media blitz of Monday the 17th, JI said he was the caretaker for two hours. Where was DB, who was she with and how long was she or they gone. We know her brother drove her around and that he did drive her on Monday..to buy the wine. Did they go somewhere else and this was their last stop on their way back to the house?

The possibility of Lisa being gone before the neighbor came over is looming. Nowhere have we heard anyone other than DB & JI say that Lisa was there or alive after the Sunday family event.

Memory is a tricky thing. I have a very good memory, bordering on photographic. I still get things wrong or misremember things from time to time. Or, in conversations with family members about certain events, my memory can shift from my perspective, towards agreeing with the general consensus over time. Memory is imperfect, and we can't rely on it 100%.

There is also such a thing as 'false' memory. You may remember an event one way and someone else will remember it differently, causing you to rethink it and eventually remember it correctly. Or people can think something so often they convince themselves of something that is not true.
I used to have a good memory too. I prided myself on remembering conversations word for word. Lately my memory seems to be slipping at times. It's called old age.
I know what I did last night, I just may not remember exactly what time I did it, and I am a clock watcher. I don't know the exact time I did some things because I didn't look at the clock. If it's important, I will note it, if it's incidental... I don't always. But if I drank enough wine to be drunk, I probably wouldn't even know what day it was, much less what I did.

Good question..
panicked because she'd been drinking and felt neglectful?
I just don't know :( I just want Lisa found wherever she is :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members