Local BAR says JB may have to step down

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Uhmmm....my....uhmmm....client....is.....uhmmm......not.....uhmnnn guilty.....but....uhmnn....you....uhmnn...wouldn't.....uhmnn...know this.......by.....the......uhmnnn.....bizarre........uhmn.......things......I.......uhmmm......allow her to do. Those sunglasses look HOT on her.

:loser:

OMG, Karenz - I think Baez and I think uhmm. You nailed it.:bow:

What's poor KC going to do? Heaven forbid she would have to take a court appointed attorney. Will the next defense attorney in need of publicity please stand up?

Also, I wonder if Nejame would switch over and defend her if Baez has to step down?

Could he do that while also representing her parents? I would think that would be a conflict of interest

Interesting if Baez has to step down - what will Casey do if she can't be at her attorney's office for 6 hours every day?

I wonder if this all came about after the home confinement manager testified on the stand saying that she had never seen a client be at her attorneys office everyday for that long - I'm sure tongues were wagging after that!

I also understand from this forum that Casey went to school with his daughter Christina.

I heard she attended the same school, but nothing mentioned attending it with her. I believe they are several years apart.

Maybe she can get Mark Gehragos now....We know how that should turn out!!:clap:

You know I can totally see Gerigos trying to get this case - BUT I don't think he's licensed in Florida so I don't think it will be him

That just doesn't make sense. Since when does the bar decide what cases an atty. handles. Some thing else it up.:waitasec:

No, it sure doesn't make sense.:waitasec: I've never heard of a State Bar doing such a thing.

You know I can totally see Gerigos trying to get this case - BUT I don't think he's licensed in Florida so I don't think it will be him

I don't think it would matter if he were. He learned his lesson with Scott Peterson. I recall early on when Cindy called in to one of Larry King's show when Geragos was there...no vibe.

Maybe they are afraid that if she gets convicted with the incompetent JB, that they could get a new trial on the fact that she had insufficient council.

I also understand from this forum that Casey went to school with his daughter Christina.

:confused:Are you thinking of Casey's high school friend Christine Chester? The girl on the jail house :behindbar phone calls?
I have not heard Casey was friends with Cristina Baez.

Maybe they are afraid that if she gets convicted with the incompetent JB, that they could get a new trial on the fact that she had insufficient council.
Truly...if it goes murder 1 he is not qualified to handle it. It's really that simple.

I sure would like to hear more about this. Specifically, did the Bar decide this so that Casey couldn't file an appeal due to incompetent representation?

This is very interesting.

He is not, what I think is terrned, "death penalty qualified"... which would mean a capital murder charge in the works for Casey. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:confused:Are you thinking of Casey's high school friend Christine Chester? The girl on the jail house :behindbar phone calls?
I have not heard Casey was friends with Cristina Baez.
I also heard they attended the same school...have no idea if they knew each other, though.

am i the only one that hopes she doesn't get a 'better' lawyer?

i say, let him screw it up. i don't want to see her saved by someone else who really knows how to help her.

That just doesn't make sense. Since when does the bar decide what cases an atty. handles. Some thing else it up.:waitasec:
Nothing is up. In Florida you must qualify for death penalty cases. There are not that many.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back