long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she thought one shot would do it, why did she bring the knife?

Responding to what you were responding to...

All "Jodi shot first" theorizing seems to be based on the gun jamming. Which is, of course, begging the question (circular reasoning, or assuming what one is trying to prove) of the form:

Q. If Jodi shot first, why didn't she shoot him again?

A. The gun jammed

Q. What makes you think the gun jammed?

A. Because she didn't shoot him again

Oh, okay. Problem is, when semi-auto guns "jam" what that usually means is a misfeed, not a "jam", which is usually cleared by pulling the slide back. So the tell-tale sign of a "jam" is a unfired round dropped to the floor.

Without the gun, we have no way of knowing.

I will say this though. It seems likely the .25 stolen from Grandpa was of the Colt template and they tend to be incredibly reliable firearms. In absence of knowing if the ammunition was improper, underpowered or corroded, assuming "the gun jammed" is not a reasonable assumption.

Haven't been able to watch the good Doctor answer juror questions today because of work, but did any juror ask this question:

Were there any 'Dear Diary' entries on June 4ht about the moment she shot Travis? Any mention at all??? If not, why not? Seems to invalidate all of Dr. Quack's theories about finding 'no negative words' in her 'diary'. No violent tendencies whatsoever!!! Puleeze!

I was hoping for a juror question to be:
"What is your definition of the slang word 'quack'?"

I mean, they got away with asking Jodi about her definition of "*advertiser censored*"!

Here is what I do not understand...Why did anyone really think that a defense witness, even if he is a psychologist, is not going to be biased. Just the same if the prosecution had her evaluated, I would expect some bias also. It goes with the territory. I don't share the majority opinion that this witness is a complete dufus. SOme of what he said makes sense to me. I think it's possibly she truly does not remember the actual killing. I also don't think it matters. The evidence of premeditation is overwhelming. And I realize I am in the minority opion here, but I can not stand JM. I don't feel this is passion we are seeing..it's just over the top aggression. He has every right to go after wintnesses, challenge them ect. But he is insulting, demeaning and unprofessional. definelty suffers from a Napoleon complex!! If I were on the jury and if the evidence was not so overwelhming, he would have lost me weeks ago. I am surprised the judge has allowed such conduct.

I happen to agree with part of what you posted. Dr. Samuels was hired by the Defense. The Defense is his client, not Jodi. He was sent in to evaluate JA and he did. Unfortunately for him, he was a little sloppy with his ethics and evaluation. I found some of his testimony interesting, and when he was speaking in generalities, I learned something. I think he may be in over his head in this case.

Where I disagree with you is regarding Mr. Martinez. As a homicide survivor, I can honestly say that I would want a prosecutor like him. He is my voice where I have none. He is the voice of the deceased loved ones. I find him very detail oriented, very thorough and easy to listen to. He catches things a lot of people miss. He is the champion we all need where there is injustice. Respectfully, IMO.

I think she had planned a two person attack from day 1. By that I mean she planned to make it look like two attackers such as in the ninja story from when she was still in Yreka. If it looked like two attackers then it couldn't be her. She was miles away grinding on Ryan Burns.

ITA!! :great:

Did we ever find out what happened to Steely today?

My guess is March Madness ....gotta keep up with them brackets :floorlaugh:
he will be back :)

watch

I am re-watching Juan now on HLN. I am still trying to process this BOMBSHELL concerning
the original test results.

If I am getting this right, Samuels tried to pull a fast one on us.

Doc cheats on psych tests, Scrabble and prolly his income taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does NG say she's camped out at the AZ courthouse, but continues to say on her live TV show the court is still in session?

Her show is not LIVE---it is taped an hour or so earlier than shown.

The people who call in do so an hour or so before we hear them. Ask Willen, she is a frequent caller. She has heard snippets of the show while on hold on their phone and reported back to us, an hour or so earlier.

BBM

The problem is you are thinking about it, rather than actually experiencing someone stabbing you with a knife.

We get this a lot, people who just can't believe a healthy male could be stabbed to death by a girl (a GIRL!) simply because she's holding a knife and he's not.

Rather than think about it, here's a useful experiment which will require the following equipment:

1. A 1" paint brush

2. Paint

3. A 12 year old girl.

Have the 12 year old girl daub the paint brush with red paint. Try to really annoy the 12 year old girl. Then instruct the 12 year old girl to use the paint brush as if it were a knife.

Try to take the paint brush away from her.

What will happen is you will start to get paint on your hands. If you try to grab the paint brush, it will slid through your hands. Obviously it won't cut your hand down to the (very useful) tendons by trying to grab it, but you can note the theoretical damage. Once you get paint on your hands you are now no longer allowed to use your hands. Trying to grab the 12 year old girl in a bear hug will result in you getting paint on your chest, stomach, face etc. At which point you might think it's a good idea to start running so as to figure out how to stop getting paint on you. At which point you will have paint all over your back.

Keep in mind that an actual knife is harder to grab, hurts more and actually does damage.

Oh, and this isn't a facetious experiment. Having done a lot of survival and primitive skills stuff with people who have thought wrong about a lot of stuff, using dummy knives is the best way to teach people that what they think they will do isn't what's actually going to happen and disarming people with knives is the sort of thing that you see in movies which, like blowing up gas tanks, is a lot harder to do in reality.

As a general rule of thumb you should plan on the person having the weapon (yes, even a GIRL!) such as gun, knife, baseball bat, etc winning the conflict whereas the person without a weapon (even manly men) tends to lose.

Wet, naked, ambushed guys who have been socialized since they were zygotes not to hit girls (or anyone, for that matter) have a distinct disadvantage.

Thank you. You explained it perfectly.

Smaller females have been murdering larger males using up close and personal methods forever.

It is a mistake for any male to think they cannot be brought down by a female.

If that really was the case then no males would ever be murdered by females using knives, axes, or other bludgeoning weapons. The sad reality is many men do lose their lives this way and the defendant is female........and a lot of times a petite female.

Females should never be underestimated in their capabilities of not only being able to murder a larger male but disposing of his body by themselves as well. Some have even removed the body from the home and took the body off to be disposed of or to bury them in the backyard.

IMO

[video=youtube;Eo-KmOd3i7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s[/video]

I think she had planned a two person attack from day 1. By that I mean she planned to make it look like two attackers such as in the ninja story from when she was still in Yreka. If it looked like two attackers then it couldn't be her. She was miles away grinding on Ryan Burns.

Completely agree with this theory. She had two weapons with her for a purpose, and it wasn't in case the gun misfired, which I don't believe happened. The gun shot was inflicted after she had him already moments from death.

MOO

Talking about all that negative Travis stuff for 19 days on the stand was bad enough considering the "Law of Attraction"...imagine if she'd also written it in her diary! She might end up on death row or something.

Precisely! And that's the point. Sociopaths/psychopaths do not reveal themselves on the written page. Especially smart ones like JA.

Hey AZLawyer I have a question, though I know it should probably on the legal thread. Once a witness has taken the stand and is still under oath may they still consult with the defense or prosecution about ongoing testimony or is that off limits?

Yes, they can.

Yes, but there is a 25 cal BULLET in the (autopsy) pictures. The "rope" is clearly a lot more fictional than the gun.

rope appeared late in story to place knife in bathroom - to cut the "nooses" :what:

Jodi Arias trial: Man claims he can see people in Travis Alexander's eye reflection before killing

Jodi Arias claims she killed Travis Alexander in self defense.

Arias faces the death penalty if convicted and the trial has gained national attention.

There are websites and blogs dedicated to the trial and Arias.

Now, a Nebraska man says he spotted something nobody else has noticed in one of the photos taken of Alexander moments before he was killed.

HJ Blankenship posted a couple YouTube videos claiming he sees two people with Arias in Alexander's eye.Jodi Arias claims she killed Travis Alexander in self defense.

Arias faces the death penalty if convicted and the trial has gained national attention.

There are websites and blogs dedicated to the trial and Arias.

Now, a Nebraska man says he spotted something nobody else has noticed in one of the photos taken of Alexander moments before he was killed.

HJ Blankenship posted a couple YouTube videos claiming he sees two people with Arias in Alexander's eye.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/na...s-eye-reflection-before-killing#ixzz2OE2dbwwG

That's funny. When I looked at that picture I saw Jesus and the Face on Mars.

The term is pareidolia.

:rocker: Mr. Martinez is awesome. He knows the answer before he asks the question. Leading this lost little man right down the path to guilty: :jail: verdict for THW.
:great: Mr. MARTINEZ Thank You, <modsnip>.:jail:

That's just it.. there is nothing whatsoever to corroborate that there ever was any rope there that day..and certainly nothing at all to indicate the killer took the nonexistent rope with her.. the killer fabricated the entire rope into her story for the simple reason to account for their being a knife in the bedroom/bathroom.. these are all lies..a knife from Travis' home was not used to slaughter him.. the nonexistent knife from TA's kitchen was used to cut the nonexistent rope for the simple reason of introducing the lie that the knife used to kill him was NOT BROUGHT WITH THE KILLER.. TRUTH IS THE KNIFE WAS BROUGHT WITH THE KILLER, JUST LIKE THE GUN WAS..

There was never a rope involved that day, so no rope was taken by the killer when she left.. the killer left with exactly that which she came, the knife and the gun that she used to slaughter Travis..

HTH:)

But how did talk him into posing nude in the shower? :whoosh:

On the PSD test Arias took, she scored "having trouble remembering" the lowest possible score.
So, if the doc is saying both incidents score the SAME, that means she is able to remember everything from the murder.
I don't think Juan is going to let him dig himself outta this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat