long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Stephanie. I got the SAME RESULTS merely by following my "yes yes yes yes yes" lying strategy. :what: We must be geniuses according to Dr. S.

I answered pretending I was JA and scored 4. She has no memories so they can't be terrorizing her. Anyway I loved the disclaimer-
Next Steps: If you are suffering from post traumatic stress, it will get worse - not better - without some professional help. If you think this could be related to some medical issue, schedule an appointment with your physician. If you think your problem is related to some non-medical issue schedule an appointment with one of our mental health professionals. In either case, take some action to help yourself to feel better and to be more in control of your life.

For all the reasons I bolded above, Dr. Samuals failed.:banghead:

http://www.reshealth.org/rhcservices/behavioral/ptsd.cfm?confirm=yes

BBM

The problem is you are thinking about it, rather than actually experiencing someone stabbing you with a knife.

We get this a lot, people who just can't believe a healthy male could be stabbed to death by a girl (a GIRL!) simply because she's holding a knife and he's not.

Rather than think about it, here's a useful experiment which will require the following equipment:

1. A 1" paint brush

2. Paint

3. A 12 year old girl.

Have the 12 year old girl daub the paint brush with red paint. Try to really annoy the 12 year old girl. Then instruct the 12 year old girl to use the paint brush as if it were a knife.

Try to take the paint brush away from her.

What will happen is you will start to get paint on your hands. If you try to grab the paint brush, it will slid through your hands. Obviously it won't cut your hand down to the (very useful) tendons by trying to grab it, but you can note the theoretical damage. Once you get paint on your hands you are now no longer allowed to use your hands. Trying to grab the 12 year old girl in a bear hug will result in you getting paint on your chest, stomach, face etc. At which point you might think it's a good idea to start running so as to figure out how to stop getting paint on you. At which point you will have paint all over your back.

Keep in mind that an actual knife is harder to grab, hurts more and actually does damage.

Oh, and this isn't a facetious experiment. Having done a lot of survival and primitive skills stuff with people who have thought wrong about a lot of stuff, using dummy knives is the best way to teach people that what they think they will do isn't what's actually going to happen and disarming people with knives is the sort of thing that you see in movies which, like blowing up gas tanks, is a lot harder to do in reality.

As a general rule of thumb you should plan on the person having the weapon (yes, even a GIRL!) such as gun, knife, baseball bat, etc winning the conflict whereas the person without a weapon (even manly men) tends to lose.

Wet, naked, ambushed guys who have been socialized since they were zygotes not to hit girls (or anyone, for that matter) have a distinct disadvantage.

WOW!! What a great visualization of this horrific murder. I wish Vinnie and the gang would act this out (with red paint) just as you describe. What a visual for all to see. Thank you, Mykeru! :rocker:

Can someone tell me what he is driving at with the two white sheets and the yellow pad sheet? What is he driving at with ethics?

But how did talk him into posing nude in the shower? :whoosh:

to me, he did not pose in the shower...those shots do not in anyway reflect someone posing...most look like he didn't even know he was being photographed...IMO

Thanks, very interesting experiment indeed. First I would like to clarify, the much larger and stronger victim versus the smaller weaker attacker without regard to gender. The only other question about your experiment would be, are you allowed to knock out or kill the girl with the paint brush or just take it away from her?

You can try.

As far as the attacker being "smaller and weaker", so what? I translate that as meaning "faster and more agile", plus they still have the knife.

I think you still have this mental image that not only fails to reflect reality -- where your opponent is a younger and faster than you -- but you have simply not calculated in the penalty for failure.

When you are faced with an opponent with a weapon, even when you have one yourself, you have to calculate the penalty for failure. The price of a swing and a miss is getting a knife in your thorax.

Even if you were in a fist fight with a smaller opponent you realize that all it takes is one good shot for you to lose?

In fact, how do you know swinging and missing isn't how Travis Alexander got some of his stab wounds?

So, I'm guessing that on Monday, RS will have, all of a sudden located, in his mobile office on wheels, the 3 hole (lol) punched scoring sheet.

And he better hope it has the correct answers!

One important point Juan made today was about sympathy. My first degree required 15 hours of pysch and additional hours of clinicals. Mental health professionals are taught from early classes you never are to feel sympathy for a client, only empathy is allowed. A professional distance is required for effective interaction. With potential sociopaths/psychopathic disorders you are taught constant vigilance in your interactions with them. Both use sympathy to attach themselves to others.

PTSD self test. don't tell me we can't fake this to make us all seem like we are suffering. Everyone take the test! And these are samples of the type of questions. Just look at them, I can tell what it wants me to say, and if I say it I'm stressed :)

http://www.reshealth.org/rhcservices/behavioral/ptsd.cfm

Ok, I based my answers on a knock down, drunken fight that my Aunt and Uncle had when I was 8 years old (cops, paramedics...everybody that had a siren and lights on their cars showed up).

I scored a 12, does that mean I qualify for SSI now?

ETA: I wonder what the owners of the website are thinking about now :floorlaugh:

The one and only question I wish a juror asked, or JM for that matter is.

Why is it that there is not one, witness that saw any negative or abusive behavior from TA? Not one witness to collaborate any accusations from this lying witness JA.

To AZLAWYER: while I have you here, I have a ?

What is the punishment for a defendant - that is busted slipping notes while a flipping trial is on? Can't they cuff her to the chair and give the reason why?

For some reason I remember that happening on a previous trial. Tank Ya

I get a kick out of every time the doc mentions that convicted assaulters/murderers often report amnesia.

Well DUH!!!!

Wouldn't you??? Wouldn't you conveniently forget anything that implicated you in a particular facet of the crime that would render the worst penalty?

Duh! I scream that at the screen every time he says it. I scream, of course the guilty claim amnesia. Duh! Who wouldn't?

Frankly Senator, I do not recall...

The ones I have such disdain for is the DT who is trying to get a guilty defendant off scott free.:furious:

The one I continue to admire more and more everyday is the man who passionately fights for justice. I love Juan Martinez' style. He has no use for liars nor should he. I am so glad he is doesn't let the liars slide.

And the jurors are secretly thinking IMO .........go get 'em Juan.

IMO

Definitely!

I adore Juan... today when he was questioning the doc he seemed angry... but because that doc is a damn liar! He is supposed to be impartial, a professional...:shakes head:

Just heard DD describe dissociation. Now I know what I had in the months following my son's death. It is the strangest feeling you are completely and totally disconnected to your environment and feel as though you are on the outside looking in. Has anyone else here experienced this.

I get a kick out of every time the doc mentions that convicted assaulters/murderers often report amnesia.

Well DUH!!!!

Wouldn't you??? Wouldn't you conveniently forget anything that implicated you in a particular facet of the crime that would render the worst penalty?

Duh! I scream that at the screen every time he says it. I scream, of course the guilty claim amnesia. Duh! Who wouldn't?

Frankly Senator, I do not recall...

I've only made it as far as lunch break, but have to say, the juror(s) who asked the *advertiser censored* question, the does bad hair give you PTSD question and the terrrrrible PTSD question, seriously need(s) to join WS when the trial is over.

:floorlaugh:

I am seeing this for the first time on NG, I am absolutely floored. Is this man not guilty of perjury? He is a disgrace to his profession. Not one thing he has done with regard to this case should be acccepted as valid. This business concerning the test(s) sound to me to be falsification of documents! As and RN, I know that it is highly likely, if not absolutely, that an RN would lose his/her license for this type of action! He needs to be reported to the licensing board.

Seriously. Let's say you went to a patient's home to do an assessment. And the patient filled out an important checklist of facts and symptoms. If you got back to the office and 'misplaced' the patients original paperwork, what would happen if you recreated it from memory, and then used it to generate a report for future use in a court case? :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member