long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this great summary. I missed some of it today and you helped fill in the blanks.

Re. BBM part. That juror obviously has figured out this Doc. He would diagnose a goat with PTSD if he got 250/hr from the goat. :floorlaugh:

I think that juror is a female. Only a woman could relate to a bad hair cut in that way.

Okay: Open question for everyone -

Name one defense witness that was meaningfully helpful to the defense...
...AFTER cross by Juan Martinez.

If you're thinking about anyone named Freeman, keep thinking. :)

I got nothing. Oh well...........

This may already have been discussed, but did anybody notice that the dr let slip that Jodi had confronted women whom Travis knew when Wilmott asked him is it possibkle that Jodi could have low self-esteem & still confront a love rival? Wilmott panicked & said- let me be clear I meant Matt's girlfriend Bianca. I laughed at this & I wonder if the jury caught it, as they haven't been told about Jodi confronting women in Travis' life

Bled internally and externally, gasping for air and coughing up blood due to the lung puncture. As Arishia explained earlier:

"I understand where you are coming from, but if the first stab happens as you are trying to get up from sitting in a small shower stall, and cuts through your superior vena cava, you would be immediately stunned and very weakened. Blood immediately fills your right lung space, then starts coming up your trachea out your mouth and you begin struggling to inflate your collapsed lung and move air past the blood, which is very irritating to airway tissues. You get light headed and primarily focused on getting your breath, though trying to also fend off your attacker. Acute respiratory distress is one of the most difficult problems for people to cope with, aside from burns. IMHO"

bbm

Clearly not in the same realm of distress, but how would you categorize "having the wind knocked out of you." Would that be considered acute (non-fatal) respiratory distress? JA was pretty evasive on this imv. I'm just curious about it. :)

I've had the wind knocked out of me (fell out of many a tree as a kid - it is more than pain in my experience, but it is also very, very brief) and I've also caught on fire (standing in front of the big kitchen fireplace - thank goodness for my mother's quick action and those heavy wool blankets from the reservation... the burns were limited to my calves and thighs.

It was the worst pain I have ever experienced - (including natural childbirth that produces an 8 lb 11 oz miracle). I thought the pain would never end. It was so excruciating for so long.

I can't imagine going through anything like that again - and I can't imagine how much pain, panic, fear and agony Travis must've gone through at the hands of a brutal monster.

Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulamith
Here is the crazy email that Lisa Andrews received. I don't think it was from JA. Too much Mormon speak in the email. Sounds, to me like a male Mormon.

"You are a shameful *advertiser censored*. Your Heavenly Father must be deeply ashamed of the whoredoms you’ve committed with that insidious man. If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil. You are driving away the Holy Ghost, and you are wasting your time. You are also compromising your salvation and breaking your baptismal covenants. Of all the commandments to break, committing acts of whoredom is one of the most displeasing in the eyes of God. Think about your future husband, and how you disrespect not only yourself, but him, as well as the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Is that what you want for yourself? Your future, your salvation, and your posterity is resting on your choices and actions. You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more. Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to make the right choices. I know you are strong enough to choose the right. Your Father in Heaven is pulling for you. Don’t ignore the promptings you receive, because they are vital to your spiritual well-being.”
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01...nasty-email-me

I "heard" that the email might have been sent by a male who wanted to date Lisa.

I know the words "whoredom" and "prosterity" are odd. I am just saying that those words are not that odd for Mormons. Look, I was a Mormon at one time...I was sealed to my DH at the St. George temple. I know those words are odd, but they are not strange if a person is a Mormon or was a Mormon. Google.

I have no doubt that JA wrote that. Remember, she was a "Mormon", or least pretended to be. The clue is her saying "that insidious man". After hearing JA give her detailed version of Mormonism I have no doubt she knew the terminology even if she was far from participating in it. She needed to sound like a Mormon to attract Travis and I am sure she put on a good show.

Okay: Open question for everyone -

Name one defense witness that was meaningfully helpful to the defense...
...AFTER cross by Juan Martinez.

If you're thinking about anyone named Freeman, keep thinking. :)

JM has owned every single one of them, including Ms. Arias.

Ok ima day late and a penny short! What's up with Martinez referring to the copies that don't have punched holes or do have?

Good question. The DT kept jumping out of their seats and asking for sidebars, so we couldn't get an explanation before closing time.

But something is up with some of Samuels paperwork. Remember when he told us on the first day of cross, that he 'forgot' to bring the original copy of the raw test data? :clown:

Well on the second day he supposedly brought it and entered it into evidence. But today, Juan questioned that---and he pulled out something else and said "whats this and why didn't you present this one to us?'

and then :panic: ensued, SIDEBAR, Court over for the day...:waitasec:

Here is the crazy email that Lisa Andrews received. I don't think it was from JA. Too much Mormon speak in the email. Sounds, to me like a male Mormon.

"You are a shameful *advertiser censored*. Your Heavenly Father must be deeply ashamed of the whoredoms you’ve committed with that insidious man. If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil. You are driving away the Holy Ghost, and you are wasting your time. You are also compromising your salvation and breaking your baptismal covenants. Of all the commandments to break, committing acts of whoredom is one of the most displeasing in the eyes of God. Think about your future husband, and how you disrespect not only yourself, but him, as well as the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Is that what you want for yourself? Your future, your salvation, and your posterity is resting on your choices and actions. You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more. Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to make the right choices. I know you are strong enough to choose the right. Your Father in Heaven is pulling for you. Don’t ignore the promptings you receive, because they are vital to your spiritual well-being.”

I "heard" that the email might have been sent by a male who wanted to date Lisa.

Did Lisa fall for it and date the guy?

I might be wrong. I have Fog Brain. I actually think that Lisa dated a guy that might have sent her the email. I think this guy had been in trouble with LE. Don't hold me to to this. Really, it does not matter in this trial. I still do not think that JA sent Lisa Andrews that email.

Good question. The DT kept jumping out of their seats and asking for sidebars, so we couldn't get an explanation before closing time.

But something is up with some of Samuels paperwork. Remember when he told us on the first day of cross, that he 'forgot' to bring the original copy of the raw test data? :clown:

Well on the second day he supposedly brought it and entered it into evidence. But today, Juan questioned that---and he pulled out something else and said "whats this and why didn't you present this one to us?'

and then :panic: ensued, SIDEBAR, Court over for the day...:waitasec:

The ones with the holes (original copy) did not match the copy provided to the prosecution, exibits 535 and 550. The "doctored" copy was more in favour of JA having PTSD

Will Matt McCartney be called to the stand?

I don't think so. He's too shady and both sides know it.

Jodi's ex attorney Victoria Washington represented Matt and got to withdraw from representing Jodi on a conflict of interest. Lots of "goings on" there with Matt/law/letters/perjury/charges/shut/sit down, etc.

I might be wrong. I have Fog Brain. I actually think that Lisa dated a guy that might have sent her the email. I think this guy had been in trouble with LE. Don't hold me to to this. Really, it does not matter in this trial. I still do not think that JA sent Lisa Andrews that email.
bbm
I think it is telling that the email is supposed to be about Lisa's spiritual cleanliness, but it veers off and says, " YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME."
That sounds like narcissistic Jodi.

The craycray author is not only concerned about Lisa having sex with "that insidious man", but with Lisa spending evenings and nights with "that insidious man" when they aren't having sex.

I think the author was Jodi.

I don't think so. He's too shady and both sides know it.

Jodi's ex attorney Victoria Washington represented Matt and got to withdraw from representing Jodi on a conflict of interest. Lots of "goings on" there with Matt/law/letters/perjury/charges/shut/sit down, etc.

I think he can be called as a hostile witness, more likely by prosecution, but only if they have evidence to back up any claims they may have to impeach him if he lies under oath.

The ones with the holes (original copy) did not match the copy provided to the prosecution, exibits 535 and 550. The "doctored" copy was more in favour of JA having PTSD

Uh oh. That sounds like a big problem...

Today it dawned on me that I have been spending hours, days, now months on this case. I hope we all get the satisfaction of watching Jodi receive the harshest for her crimes and Travis and his Family get Justice.

HLN
12 jurors, 6 alternates: Meet the Jodi Arias jury
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/15/meet-jodi-arias-jury

HLN 3/21/13 Updates
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/...ns-richard-samuels?clusterId=1303#videoplayer

Jodi Arias' Amnesia Defense Fails to Convince at Least One Expert
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias...onvince-expert/story?id=18774548#.UUv-kGGltGk

I have no doubt that JA wrote that. Remember, she was a "Mormon", or least pretended to be. The clue is her saying "that insidious man". After hearing JA give her detailed version of Mormonism I have no doubt she knew the terminology even if she was far from participating in it. She needed to sound like a Mormon to attract Travis and I am sure she put on a good show.

In addition, I have a pretty strong sense that JA's ethical standards drew (ETA: did NOT draw! Sorry!) the line at plagiarism. Puh-leeze. JA is the poster child for what NOT walking the walk looks like. She is/was lazy. She only put enough effort into "acting as if" in order to pass for whatever she wanted to pull off. What amazes me is that she is a LOUSY actress - her emotions... (well, what emotions?) Hence her reliance on vocabulary, writing and words, though superficial - just another manipulative tool. Ugh.. Why folks call her an amazing actress (THs - enough said) is beyond me.

She may not have been an honest (or even knowledgeable) Mormon, but she is a passable mimic (not with emotions, but with words).

Sulamith may know something on this that the rest of us don't, but the timing... and yes, the content of this email screams JA to me. The words may sound familiar or similar to something JA read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett