long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That means that she would have to step into the shower to stab him, and that would not be effective. She would take a swipe and get his arm and he would disarm and overpower her in two seconds.

The only logical scenario is:
BOOM! click, click.
Stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-stab-SLASH!

Have you looked at the size of the shower.It is quite small and anyone could have opened the door and stabbed Travis while his back was turned or even if he was facing them and had a stream of water in his face and his eyes closed.
How long would that take?
They might get their arm wet but wouldn't have to step into the shower
Look at how long it took to do 29 stabs,pretty fast as far as i'm concerned.

If I am not mistaken I think Dave Hall is the friend who he borrowed a gun from to use at the range and Dave is to be called as a witness. He was in gallery one day and was asked a question/s while jury was not present and then asked to leave the court and not follow the trial. I think we might be hearing from him in rebuttal!

I don't think that they will actually call him. I just think that they didn't want him in the courtroom. Most probably, because it "bothered" JA.

moo

Who paid the mortgage on Travis' home while all the investigation was going on? It should not be Travis' family or his heirs. The responsibility and costs should be re-paid by JA, oh that's right, she has no $$$$.

Travis Alexander! Was Jodie's ticket to the good life.
From the lips of the doc! In so many words!
She thought she was going to be mrs travis Alexander.
Jodi is not the type of girl! You take home to mom.

What happened to Travis' house after the murder.. I know it was empty for many months. Did the bank take it back, was it sold and his siblings were the beneficiaries of his Estate. Not that it would make a profit, but who administered the estate. I would imagine as a PPL agent, he had a Will (which is no good, you need a Trust - to avoid probate etc) but still..

According to Katiecoolady, a family (with kids) is living there now.

moo

What did they say it out loud, or were they whispering back and forth?

Dr Drew asked his 'jurors' about this - they were sitting behind this person, who was directly behind Jodi's mother. They said she was very animated during the morning session, shaking her head or nodding and saying "Yes" etc when she agreed with comments. When they were all getting settled after lunch they heard her say something which caused a commotion with the Arias family- one of the Arias family friends called the bailiff over and the bailiff evicted this pair from the court. As soon as that was done the friend leaned over to Arias' mother and whispered "She said she wished Jodi was dead."

I have a feeling that this jury deliberation will be quick and won't go the way of that FL verdict...I think that these jurors (or those asking questions) already have their mind made up to hand down the big G! :great:

Jodi Arias trial: Man claims he can see people in Travis Alexander's eye reflection before killing

Jodi Arias claims she killed Travis Alexander in self defense.

Arias faces the death penalty if convicted and the trial has gained national attention.

There are websites and blogs dedicated to the trial and Arias.

Now, a Nebraska man says he spotted something nobody else has noticed in one of the photos taken of Alexander moments before he was killed.

HJ Blankenship posted a couple YouTube videos claiming he sees two people with Arias in Alexander's eye.Jodi Arias claims she killed Travis Alexander in self defense.

Arias faces the death penalty if convicted and the trial has gained national attention.

There are websites and blogs dedicated to the trial and Arias.

Now, a Nebraska man says he spotted something nobody else has noticed in one of the photos taken of Alexander moments before he was killed.

HJ Blankenship posted a couple YouTube videos claiming he sees two people with Arias in Alexander's eye.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/na...s-eye-reflection-before-killing#ixzz2OE2dbwwG

Snoozefest...no one else noticed. Seriously? It was discussed here until I nearly spontaneously combusted! There ain't nothing worth mentioning in any eyeball picture of Travis's. it's like Jesus toast.

She may have thought that she could contain it to the bathroom and easily clean up the mess ... she didn't anticipate that Travis would struggle to get out of the house by crawling down the hallway to the stairs

Exactly, a knife is quiet. Think of the effort this woman made to prevent knowledge of her movements in AZ. Now think of the movements of someone naked and in a shower and then preparing to come out. There was a towel I believe in the washing machine with bleach. I watched my hubbie come out of the shower and drying off the other morning and realized just how vunerable the position is even without rising from the floor. I think the gun was a red herring to cops. An attempt to make it look as if there may have been 2 intruders. If he is dead, there are pillows or towels to muffle a gun shot. Her mistake was the knife was not immediately effective and he made it to the sink and eventually down the hall. The other stab wounds and slit throat were the act of someone trying to end it before he was heard.

Who paid the mortgage on Travis' home while all the investigation was going on? It should not be Travis' family or his heirs. The responsibility and costs should be re-paid by JA, oh that's right, she has no $$$$.

I'm guessing the Mortgage co started to put a lien on it.. and if it would not profit, the Bank may have taken it back, sold it at auction and if there was profit, it would be returned to the Estate which is siblings may have been the beneficiaries. (no way he did not have a Will at least being as that is the PPL selling point, you sign up and the first thing they have you do is make your will for free)

so maybe at auction...He made comments in his last email the angry one.. that he was trying to keep his house etc.. the whole thing breaks my heart, working so hard and having this crazy stalker.

Dr Drew asked his 'jurors' about this - they were sitting behind this person, who was directly behind Jodi's mother. They said she was very animated during the morning session, shaking her head or nodding and saying "Yes" etc when she agreed with comments. When they were all getting settled after lunch they heard her say something which caused a commotion with the Arias family- one of the Arias family friends called the bailiff over and the bailiff evicted this pair from the court. As soon as that was done the friend leaned over to Arias' mother and whispered "She said she wished Jodi was dead."

I wonder if this was one of the three people that Nurmi got in this morning while our WS members were in line?

moo

Guessing you guys already know this, but if not - more information on Gpa (Carlton Allen)'s gun:

Gpa's .25 was:

Black, with a black grip.
Also stolen - a fully loaded magazine (7 jacketed hollow point bullets).
Allen didn't know the make of the gun, only that it was 'old' (he inherited it).
Valued at $150.00
The gun was stolen from his dresser.
(Very significant if the gun was IN his dresser, not on top of it) - the report isn't clear. See page 4:

http://twitdoc.com/upload/zou2/ja-gun-issue.pdf

Snipped with respect
Honestly....if by some BIZARRE insane reason she got herself acquitted (won't happen, let me just keep saying that) I have no doubt she would try to go after him. Seems like something that only happens in books or movies but I would not put it past her to put him on her target list. She is one scary person....very rare to see someone like her IMO.
Just to throw my weight behind your sentiment too...

I lived with an abusive, very likely psychopathic, diagnosed disordered personality for a decade. He's currently in prison for a few more years for raping his teenage niece. I've moved nearly 5000 miles and an ocean away and he still intimidates, manipulates, and abuses every chance he gets - either himself or through family and friends he's turned into unknowing proxies. I am still terrified of him and have very little doubt if he ever has a way to kill me, he will. Psychopaths don't willingly let go of people who choose to leave. When one 'gets away' they've committed a sin so great the psychopath becomes intent on revenge...unless, of course, they secure a new source, are incarcerated, or die.

Saying all that...Jodi is on an entirely different scale than my ex. She absolutely, unequivocally scares the living hell out of me. I thought I understood evil and cruelty - until I started following this case. She tips my own personal psychopathic scale til the damn thing breaks. I've never seen anything quite as disturbed, disordered, and utterly inhuman as her. She is a predator in the absolute purest sense of the word.

And I guess I really can't get more emphatic than that. ;)

I'm a little curious on who chose Samuels as their expert witness?
I wondered if Martinez would file ethic charges against Samuels once this case is over. Now I'm thinking that maybe Nurmi or Willmott will beat him to the punch!

Here is what I do not understand...Why did anyone really think that a defense witness, even if he is a psychologist, is not going to be biased. Just the same if the prosecution had her evaluated, I would expect some bias also. It goes with the territory. I don't share the majority opinion that this witness is a complete dufus. SOme of what he said makes sense to me. I think it's possibly she truly does not remember the actual killing. I also don't think it matters. The evidence of premeditation is overwhelming. And I realize I am in the minority opion here, but I can not stand JM. I don't feel this is passion we are seeing..it's just over the top aggression. He has every right to go after wintnesses, challenge them ect. But he is insulting, demeaning and unprofessional. definelty suffers from a Napoleon complex!! If I were on the jury and if the evidence was not so overwelhming, he would have lost me weeks ago. I am surprised the judge has allowed such conduct.

I agree with you. Some of the things this witness says does make sense and I can understand what he is trying to say. I also cannot stand JM. I think he is overbearing and insulting to this witness. The doc seems like a nice guy and I think JM can get his point acrossed without the insults and screaming.

What happened to Travis' house after the murder.. I know it was empty for many months. Did the bank take it back, was it sold and his siblings were the beneficiaries of his Estate. Not that it would make a profit, but who administered the estate. I would imagine as a PPL agent, he had a Will (which is no good, you need a Trust - to avoid probate etc) but still..

I know that katiecoolady posted that she went last weekend to TA's house and that a very strong very lovely lady had bought the house. The lady said she felt TA was there watching over her children. She was comfortable with his spirit there. It is in katiecoolady thread

Interesting if they compared the shell casing to the ammo found to determine if it was the same lot of ammo.

WOW. Now that is a great idea. Surely they could do forensics and try to determine that. They did it in the CA trial with hinkley tape, so why not with shells....hmmmmmmm

Some of us feel that the sex scenes were faked and TA was actually being tortured in the bedroom. Someone suggested that the photos of him nude on the bed with an anguished expression on his face were not the countenance of a person interested in voluntarily posing for a fun sex play photo, rather a man under duress. Here are some of the points in favor of this theory:

*There is duct tape on his arm. It is not a Body Bug as some suggested (an exercise aid) because strands of duct tape was identified at the crime scene. Tying a person up via the upper arms was done on another murder I saw on Mystery Detectives--the older guy who went into the desert with a young Wiccan woman and didn't live another day. This method of tieup is also used in SM because it leaves the hands free while impeding aggressive movement.

*The angle of the photos is deliberate because it is bad photography. Both shots do not show his left arm, which could be tied to a foot of the bed.

*JA referred to a rope loop as a "noose"--a very odd choice of words.

*TA appears to be giving a hand gesture in one photo but a WS poster pointed out that he is tossing the KY tube that JA planted, almost in a defiant gesture. The KY tube and his hand are both blurred.

*TA is not the least aroused. It may be a post coital photo since his genital area is reddened, or he could have been sexually assaulted.

*TA's foot shows two rope burns. Either he was tied up in the bedroom or he was dragged by the foot.

I've saved the best evidence for last. The crime scene experts indicated the blood in the bedroom varied in age. There was "old" blood and fresher blood.

In my mind, I think she used the unusual tie-up to sit on him and inflict minor stab wounds because by then, he had refused to be blackmailed (by the photos) and by her threats to tell the bishop he was a pedophile. The evidence of blunt force trauma on his lower limbs has never been explained. I believe she inflicted wounds to him in the bedroom before the shower.

Another theory that explains Travis' weakened condition is that she may have stabbed him in the heart first and he may not have realized the severity of the injury. Many people do not realize they are dying because they feel ok at first. They think they survived because they don't see too much blood. Medical testimony indicates that it would have taken three or four minutes to weaken.

Evidence towards this scenario would be the unnatural position of his hands on his chest on one of the shower photos, the strange poses, the appearance of desperation/pain and general sadness. His basic defiance towards her intimidation might make him not want to show her his pain. WHen he saw the gun, he knew he had to act.

I am sure I have left some things out, but these are some of the ideas that have been floated here.

Well thought out points. I've wondered if she may have been holding him at gunpoint shortly after she arrived. Wondered if she actually showed up at his place closer to the time of the nude picture taking session around 1pm. But then how do we explain JA's nude pictures? She possibly could have taken the close up crotch shot of herself, but what about the others? Timer on the camera? I think after some of their sex phone talks about what they were going to do sexually, she showed up at TA's suggesting they carry out their phone conversation sex plans. She knew she was going there to kill him, but that was her excuse for getting into his house to carry out her sick plan. She may not have planned how it was exactly going to happen, just knew it was going to happen and she found what she thought was the appropriate time while he was in the shower. :moo:

A bunch of Italians with a florist shop in Brooklyn, can you get any more cliched?

When I got the .22 AR-7, slipped into the user manual was an invoice from a gunsmith decades back. Apparently it was brought in because it was "jamming" although the gunsmith wrote that he couldn't find a problem.

The gun originally belonged to my Great-Uncle's now deceased son. He included some ammo the son used and there's the problem: He was using lead target loads instead of full metal jacket hi velocity. Of course the thing was jamming. Either the powder was too low or the lead bullet was causing it not to feed properly.

I actually took it out and tried to get it to jam with FMJ ammo and it wouldn't do it.

Unless the gun you are firing is a handmade Pakistani Makarov the problem of "jamming" isn't intrinsic to the gun itself. It's the ammo.

Even though small autos can be quirky, I'm willing to bet it worked just fine. Of course, grandpa may have had crap ammo. Unless we find the gun, or the ammo used with it, there's really no way to tell.

If the argument is "Well, it was grandpa's old .25, of course it jammed", all I can do is give a healthy "meh".

Hmmm...hadn't given the bullets a great deal of thought, wonder if any were stolen along with the gun, was it kept loaded or did little missy have to buy some ammunition for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove