long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA, and he wasn't "from Mesa." He was from California and had been living in Mesa far away from his entire family for several years since right around the time his brother was busted and used his name, I think.

Yeah I agree with you on the use of the word From, however it has given me a few headaches over the years with border patrol.....they always ask where you are from, I would say MPLS and would raise flags with them. I quickly adapted my understanding of the word from. I would cross from Mexico daily and just started telling them I was from Texas even though I still feel I am from MPLS.

Off to bed here. Tomorrow is my Friday.... off on Monday and Tuesday! Wooo hooo! Funny how lately I try to schedule my life around Arizona time.... Sleep well all and stay safe! Hugs!

Well let's see, they supposedly didn't wake up until 1 pm, had sex in his bed and did sex photo shoot, then sex in his office, ate . So yeah...think that was his only shower. Did she leave Yreka planning to kill him in the shower? I doubt it. She just planned on killing him. Dead. It just worked out that way.

Thanks for the reply.

Let's see, the sex photo shoot ended at 1:47:15 and the shower photos didn't begin until 3 hours 35 minutes later. It didn't sound like they ate much, a banana for Jodi and oatmeal for Travis, right? According to the autopsy report he had only 25 mL (5 tablespoons) of undigested food in his stomach.

Isn't that a pretty long time window for her to do what she came to do?

I am still not understanding when and where she planned to kill him, and with what weapon. Wouldn't the self-enclosed master suite be the logical place to do it? Wouldn't she want to get out of town before his body was discovered? Anywhere else in the house and the roommates would have found him as soon as they got home. As it is, she barely got out of there in time. Do you see it differently?

Not a bad idea!!!! No..really! Only here can I mention a friendly discussion about Bundy, Manson, and Arias as regards to similarities (or lack thereof) and no one will get freaked out....not exactly a topic for discussion on dates...unless you hold the same interests :facepalm:

A dating site would be a great idea, except for the fact that I think the women outnumber the men by about 20 to 1. ;)

Respectfully BBM

Every serial killer has a first victim. Someone who feels remorse for killing another human by knifing and shooting them to death, does NOT then go out and buy a 9mm handgun for an all male excursion. How could she ever touch another gun, or even a butter knife, knowing that she'd done something so terrible? This was so savage and brutal!

By her demeanor in the interviews and on the stand, I am led to believe she feels no remorse. Also, I have a strong feeling she enjoyed it. She kills him over and over with her words. She hid behind her hair, on the advice of her jailhouse visitor, so people couldn't see that she really wasn't crying - except for herself, where we could all see it. She has no tears for Travis, only contempt. I feel she has contempt for all men, by looking at her track record.

She IS, in my opinion, a psychopathic stalker. Travis was NOT her boyfriend. He was her possession.

Having said that, I just can't throw this into the "run of the mill" boyfriend-girlfriend murder scenario. She makes my skin crawl. I don't view her as a demon goddess; just a demon.

Just as we cannot become complacent when men do this to women, we cannot give this demon a "pass", because she's a woman.

I'm no fan of JA at all, I think she's a sick and quite evil individual, but I'm kind of tired of her being demonised when all she did is what a thousand husbands and boyfriends do to their wives and girlfriends, every single year. We aren't having blow by blow coverage of these cases, because they are so common. Arias is no worse than any one of these guys and needs to be treated exactly the same, ho hum another domestic, not vilified and judged to be some sort of Evil Goddess.

She is not a Bundy who went rampantly slaughtering innocent strangers for nothing other than bloodlust. She had one victim. He treated her badly. It was a crime of passion, and not exactly motiveless as Bundy's crimes were.

Cat scratches her at 7:40ish of first vid, and her ex boyfriend said she had a psycho cat that also scratched her and she put up with it so that shows she was a good person. Cats scratch for a variety of reasons, but if this is two different cats then Jodi is a cat abuser and the cat is lashing out at her because she is either smothering it or roughing it up, or both. You know, kinda like she treated Travis.

Just sayin'

Did you notice the "He never raped me" that she puts in there?

Forever?
Just kidding....my best guess would be 3 more weeks of trial. Than deliberation/sentencing.

So...another month? 5 weeks at most. Only a guess.

lol. It certainly sounds like she enjoyed performing on the stand. I don't think anyone had any idea she would be there for 18 (?is that right?) days.

Perhaps she would have been allowed to watch Dr. S's testimony also. Judges are usually pretty lenient about what experts can watch. Obviously if she was allowed to watch parts or all of the trial, she wouldn't have to be in the courtroom to do it, since it's all on TV.

Whether or not a trial is on TV or not is NOT the question. I will need to find the Judge's orders from the start of the trial. Either she said it or she didn't. This is too important - To me, anyway. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for putting up the videos. There funny. I am having a problem with my PM. I hope I can resolve that.

He WAS successful no matter what you think of the business.

He would have been a heck of a lot more successful had he not become involved in a multi-level marketing scam.

I guess I agree with the prosecutor about this...

Yeah I agree with you on the use of the word From, however it has given me a few headaches over the years with border patrol.....they always ask where you are from, I would say MPLS and would raise flags with them. I quickly adapted my understanding of the word from. I would cross from Mexico daily and just started telling them I was from Texas even though I still feel I am from MPLS.

I've had the same problem. I was born in Delaware although I never lived there, I lived 10 miles away in Penna. When I get asked where I was born, I tend to say Pennsylvania, but of course my birth certificate reads Delaware.

But he was successful..and it IS a business. MLM isn't a scam...like pyramids, but it isn't easy to make money. Ask my many friends who do doTerra, Vi Salus, Mary Kay, Avon, etc etc....most make little money. Some DO make money at it...and he clearly was.

There's no evidence of financial "success." I've posted before, his house was 90-100% financed at purchase (I think it was 100% but am too lazy to go back and look it up again just now) and was REfinanced shortly thereafter for another significant amount. This was common at the time and resulted in the collapse of the RE market and the foreclosure boom in AZ. The BMW came through PPL, imo, as was common practice. Just look at that ridiculous video of the Hughes' gushing over theirs. Sickening to me.

Imo, any financial "success" Travis had was on paper and he died before it came crashing down on most people in his situation in AZ -- of which there were plenty. PPL is a pyramid scheme with a farce of a "product" for the sole purpose of avoiding prosecution -- and it's still sued frequently for that reason in spite of the fiction. If he made money at it, he was making money on a scam, imo. Too bad Jodi was/is too stupid to see that. She probably wanted what Sky Hughes "has" :::eyeroll::: jmo

Let's all remember the source of the claim and th name. She claims Clinton, later in testiphony references 'Bill Clinton type of sex,' I'm not ready to buy this, all it did show was more inconsistencies from JA.

Plus, wasn't Bill Clinton actually in the White House when she was 15? hmmm.

There's no evidence of financial "success." I've posted before, his house was 90-100% financed at purchase (I think it was 100% but am too lazy to go back and look it up again just now) and was REfinanced shortly thereafter for another significant amount. This was common at the time and resulted in the collapse of the RE market and the foreclosure boom in AZ. The BMW came through PPL, imo, as was common practice. Just look at that ridiculous video of the Hughes' gushing over theirs. Sickening to me.

Imo, any financial "success" Travis had was on paper and he died before it came crashing down on most people in his situation in AZ -- of which there were plenty. PPL is a pyramid scheme with a farce of a "product" for the sole purpose of avoiding prosecution -- and it's still sued frequently for that reason in spite of the fiction. If he made money at it, he was making money on a scam, imo. Too bad Jodi was/is too stupid to see that. She probably wanted what Sky Hughes "has" :::eyeroll::: jmo

I understood that one of the things that first "attracted" Jodi to Travis was that she overheard him telling someone he'd made $80K the previous year. I don't really know enough to comment on PPL, and maybe Travis wouldn't have been successful at it for long, but he appears to have done well in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole