long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Steely Dan!!

If that text isn't proof of a motive, I don't know what is... Sounds like she did something BAD and he was about to expose her to EVERYONE.

Did more come out about this? I've searched the threads and can't find anything. Even the timeline thread...

Hate to be a bother, but I can't believe I missed the significance of this in court. And why was she reading it as part of the defense? IMHO it makes her look worse. :/

The thing that continues to perplex me about that text message is that when Travis says he will tell everyone what she did, he includes her parents. I can think of a lot of things that we know about that would anger the Hugheses, the Freemans, the Udys, etc. But her parents? It's got to be something we haven't heard about.

For example, if he'd found out that Jodi was definitely responsible for the slashed tires and weird email to Lisa, I can see the Freemans and so on being quite horrified. Her parents OTOH might simply roll their eyes at Jodi being Jodi, or they might believe whatever story Jodi told them.

I think the answer is in emails that TA sent JA that we haven't seen.

If it's true, he knows about it. No question. This information seems to be coming from tabloid media and could have been out there all along, no?

Well, I don't know about the tabloid media. I have never heard it before, I just hope it is true, just in case any of these juors have the mentality of the CA juors!

JA appears to have a "shadow" of facial hair (beard, mustache).

I totally agree, this 'gal' has some distinct masculine features. Strange, isn't it, how someone like this could have been such a 'come on' to men in her day (no longer) , yet have these obvious masculine traits. Anyone here who has some insight into this conundrum? TIA :)

Technically it was 'lost' because, damndest thing really, someone had 'stolen' Jodi's 9mm and placed it in the engine compartment of the rental she'd had when she was arrested and it wasn't discovered until later, by the rental car company.

The defendant just has the worst luck. Lost cell phones, lost guns, on trial for murder when ninjas were clearly responsible. :great:

(I'm being flippant ttc but Jodi had registered a 9mm glock and it wasn't discovered upon her arrest so, I assume, she had to come up with a cover story for Flores - though I haven't heard she'd told him that I do remember the gun was discussed. She'd even asked what type of gun HE had!)
Yep. That's the one.
She needed if because of her goldpanning camping trip with all those guys she didn't know...:what:
Too bad she has such 'low self-esteem'....;)

OT...there should be a websleuths dating thread. Like eharmony or Christian mingle..

"Websleuthlove.com: where soulmates connect, fall in love and dissect crime scenes....":floorlaugh:

Woefully OT but! Your post made me laugh but in all seriousness, one of the final straws in my failing marriage was that I finally KNEW if I had a partner he would have to be able to discuss certain things with me. I had just received a Judge's ruling (over 50 pages I think) in the mail from an aunt who was a legal secretary. There had been a bench trial for a murder back in PA. She knew I would want my own copy and sent it to me. My then husband just looked at me blankly and had no interest in it or anything related to true crime. I made a good decision based on that hefty piece of mail. I'm not looking for a replacement but if I was you can bet that would be requirement #1! Me: Are you a member of WS?
Him: No.
Me: NEXT!
:floorlaugh:

You are correct - JA had one victim. However, I look at poor Travis as her FIRST victim. I truly believe that this evil creature would kill again and again if the circumstances met her criteria for so-called 'abuse'. And that also includes women. IMO, she also suffers from a severe case of Anti-social Personality Disorder (ASPD)! She hates everyone!

The 9mm was not for a camping trip. JMO

Not unless the judge allows something new in on rebuttal. Which she shouldn't.

Is that the way it is in every state? I always thought the defense got the last word.

Beach Girl From PA. Im taking a road trip this summer. ROUTE 6 starting in the poconos.

In most states that I'm aware of, the State has the last word. I could be way off ... anyone else know for sure?

From the hearing regarding Chris and Sky Hughes (which I "watched" only by following the thread here), I was under the impression that the judge had ordered both attorneys to tell their witnesses not to watch the trial.

I guess I'm getting ahead anticipating JM catching ms antoinette (or whatever her name is) in his cross-examination of how she colluded with the DT on key words and phrases such as "Satisfy", "Please Him", "It's What He Wanted", "I didn't want to show displeasure", etc. This has been rehearsed by the DT IMO. What sort of "Expert Witness" is she supposed to be anyway?

Technically it was 'lost' because, damndest thing really, someone had 'stolen' Jodi's 9mm and placed it in the engine compartment of the rental she'd had when she was arrested and it wasn't discovered until later, by the rental car company.

The defendant just has the worst luck. Lost cell phones, lost guns, on trial for murder when ninjas were clearly responsible. :great:

(I'm being flippant ttc but Jodi had registered a 9mm glock and it wasn't discovered upon her arrest so, I assume, she had to come up with a cover story for Flores - though I haven't heard she'd told him that I do remember the gun was discussed. She'd even asked what type of gun HE had!)

The entire gun story( stories) defy any normal logic. First she told Flores she bought a gun because she needed to overcome her fear of firearms. In court she testified she bought the gun to be safe for the gold digging camping trip and then suicide miles away from her family. If I remember all this nonsense, I am sure most of the jury does also! Right?

I must have my impression of days mixed up. For some reason, I thought that Mimi was expecting to leave for that trip with him in a day or so...? Hence the visit to his house...? I agree with you on the rest.

But remember that Travis wasn't found until the 9th, five days later.

I cant do it,can someone bring a youtube video here? Its called Jodi Arias trial the never ending answer.

Beach Girl From PA. Im taking a road trip this summer. ROUTE 6 starting in the poconos.

I love the Poconos! Had some great times at Lake Wallenpaupack, hope I spelled that right! Also had fantastic times at Tuscarora State Park near Barnesville. Family members got married in Sugar Notch, other great little towns. I'm a Lancaster County girl myself :) Well, now I'm a beach bummette, but you know..... :)

It's not a coincidence. You're likely to see very similar traits in most if not all psychopaths.

The way they gain access to victims is by morphing into whatever seems perfect for the person they're targeting. If the target is religious, the psychopath becomes the most pious; if the target is family oriented with kids, the psychopath becomes all about play dates and parenting manuals; if the target loves dogs, the psychopath will procure the perfect breed, attend every training class they can locate, and know every dog park in town. (With Bundy, because he wasn't able to read his victims in the mere moments he knew them before abducting them he instead assumed a vulnerable role preying on his victim's compassion.)

They all treat relationships in the same manner. Every relationship they meet their target and idealize all their target's best traits...instead of being smart, you're a genius; instead of pretty, you're gorgeous; instead of compassionate, you're Mother Theresa. Then they realize you aren't as perfect as they thought, because in reality no human being ever could be, and they start to devalue all the things that they believed made you so awesome. Lastly, if you're lucky, they discard you like yesterday's trash.

In my experience if you have the audacity to leave them instead you're opening yourself up for a scenario of nightmarish proportions. Psychopaths don't often willingly let their targets go unless they've secured a new victim. They'll sink to almost any depth, even years later, in an attempt to punish their initial target. Rejection is the ultimate sin in their world. It must be avenged.

JMO

Thank you for putting it into words I couldn't. I know someone that your perspective might open their eyes some. I'm going to pass it on and hope it helps them.

Does anyone remember, and find it disrespectful, that JA always referred to Det. Flores as Flores. Never Det. Flores. What a scank!!!!

From watching the police interview segments, I have to say that she does not appear to have any respect for the law. She had no idea of what was going down, both before and after she was arrested.

I don't recall him having had a shower earlier in the day. I am not sure she planned a shower killing, just a killing. He just happened to be in the shower when she returned. I don't believe a word she says about him posing on the shower for her. I think she came back, he was in the shower and she had him at gunpoint. I think he played it cool like she wouldn't do anything, then she made him sit and the rest is history. His last picture is when he realizes she really is going to kill him. JMO.

A neat and clean guy like Travis wouldn't shower after whatever he and Jodi did in bed?

OK, let's go with your theory. Where, then, did she plan to murder Travis? If he was still downstairs in his office, or cleaning the tile floor, as he'd just assembled the floor cleaner he bought a few weeks' earlier, according to his roommate, what would Jodi do? Just shoot him with a tiny little gun? In a big area where he could easily run away from her?

Or don't you believe she premeditated the murder from the moment she staged a burglary at her grandparents' house so she could get the gun? And drove 90 miles away to rent a car. Dyed her hair after she rented the car. Borrowed two gas cans and bought a third so there would be no record of her being in Arizona? Why would she go through all that trouble after he'd just called her evil, a sociopath, and the worst thing that ever happened to him?

Help me understand how you think she planned it out, or didn't plan it out. Keep in mind that his roommate was due home at 6 pm.

I keep thinking we need to post a disclaimer with this article.

It's a great article, and well worth reading, but for those of us who avoid some photos at all costs (I can't even bear to look at the ones of Travis in the shower when he was alive, because I know what's coming), this article does include a small photo of Travis after he was found by LE. Just a warning. Also has that final nude of Jodi, which I could have gone my whole life without seeing.

I guess I'm getting ahead anticipating JM catching ms antoinette (or whatever her name is) in his cross-examination of how she colluded with the DT on key words and phrases such as "Satisfy", "Please Him", "It's What He Wanted", "I didn't want to show displeasure", etc. This has been rehearsed by the DT IMO. What sort of "Expert Witness" is she supposed to be anyway?

Well, first of all, it would be normal for the lawyers to "rehearse" with their experts, although perhaps jurors wouldn't know that.

Secondly, normally experts are allowed to attend/watch the trial for parts that might be relevant to their opinions. In her case I would think that would include Jodi's testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter