long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you an attorney? If someone were "Under The Rule", future witnesses for the defense (for instance) would NOT be allowed to hear prior testimony. This is what I am trying to verify. I might be asking this question in the wrong thread...

I am a second year law student who has reviewed the 615 motion. The judge has granted the motion for all witnesses, whether past or present, to be excluded from the courtroom. As far as I can tell, there are only certain specific witnesses that the judge has ordered not to watch the live feed. So, I will stand by my previous answer. Of course, I am open to correction by any AZ attorney who has contradicting evidence.

I have seen a few posters that I suspected had ulterior motives get the boot around here. The mods/members are pretty darn smart :rocker:

What I appreciate is how this forum is conducted. No matter how much someone can disagree with another poster, it stays civil and mannerly. I've seen some sites that make me cringe. Unreal behavior. I can't imagine the work that goes into moderating this site! TY to all the admins and mods!
I appreciate all the posters as well. This is one incredible group of people.

she was very satisfied and content now that she had taken care of him and everything could be "nice" again with no other women in the way and no chance he could go to Cancun with someone or marry anyone. She was just quite satisfied. Maybe not as good as if they were married but, well, you can't have everything. Dead was better than with someone else. It took a lot of effort to try and be upset because she was far from upset. Now she could talk about him and think of him and not be upset as he was no longer presenting problems for her. She took care of it in the best way she knew and that was that.

Do you ever notice that when she talks about him even now she still usually refers to him in the present tense? Like, instead of saying "Travis was... blah blah blah" she says "Travis IS... blah blah blah." It's like in her mind he still exists but now belongs to her and she can redesign him in the way she wished he was rather than the way he really was. It's creepy.

She also always says "Travis" when most people will say "he" or "him," as if just saying his name all the time gives her a warm fuzzy. And even when she's supposed to be boo-hooing and acting pathetic every time she says his name she can't turn off the hidden smile and her face lighting up just saying his name.

I noticed this constantly not just when she was on the stand but during the interrogations with Det. Flores. There were times during those interrogations that she was supposed to be acting upset and should have even been acting hysterically upset when she started with the intruder story that even though she'd be doing the fake boo-hooing as soon as she said "Travis" and started saying something about him, she'd drop the acting and get excitedly animated and even giggle and LAUGH at times." I can't figure out how he sat through listening to all that rubbish from her. And it totally baffles me that she really thinks that she's putting one over on anyone. How can she not notice that her acting is THAT bad and that her character mask falls right off constantly?

oh, my gosh! That's so debasing! I like it!

i've been reading about this case but not really participating. I'm in australia so it rarely gets a mention in our news and i don't have time to read all of the threads so i miss a lot. Jodi's interview room singing and handstands got a mention in our news last week though!

I have a question - how long are they expecting the trial to last?

f.o.r. T.h.e. F.r.i.g. E.v.e.r. !!!!!!!

I watched the Ted Bundy story again the other day when it was on and I was struck by the similarities between them.

He represented himself too and put the victims families through hell btw.

The same chameleon like changes in physical appearance and demeanor sometimes within minutes. Although both relatively smart, attractive, at times charming people, they share same narcissistic inability to predict how normal people should react and both only cried when talking about themselves. Both had normal childhoods as far as anyone could tell. Both lpved road trips. Both became obsessive about a particular lover which then sent them on the path to murder. Every girl Bundy murdered looked like the girl he loved who rejected him....
It's not a coincidence. You're likely to see very similar traits in most if not all psychopaths.

The way they gain access to victims is by morphing into whatever seems perfect for the person they're targeting. If the target is religious, the psychopath becomes the most pious; if the target is family oriented with kids, the psychopath becomes all about play dates and parenting manuals; if the target loves dogs, the psychopath will procure the perfect breed, attend every training class they can locate, and know every dog park in town. (With Bundy, because he wasn't able to read his victims in the mere moments he knew them before abducting them he instead assumed a vulnerable role preying on his victim's compassion.)

They all treat relationships in the same manner. Every relationship they meet their target and idealize all their target's best traits...instead of being smart, you're a genius; instead of pretty, you're gorgeous; instead of compassionate, you're Mother Theresa. Then they realize you aren't as perfect as they thought, because in reality no human being ever could be, and they start to devalue all the things that they believed made you so awesome. Lastly, if you're lucky, they discard you like yesterday's trash.

In my experience if you have the audacity to leave them instead you're opening yourself up for a scenario of nightmarish proportions. Psychopaths don't often willingly let their targets go unless they've secured a new victim. They'll sink to almost any depth, even years later, in an attempt to punish their initial target. Rejection is the ultimate sin in their world. It must be avenged.

JMO

And if he took her name off, when he TOLD her he had done that.

I don't know when, but didn't Jodi claim her April 08 return to Yreka was precipitated by Travis' choking her almost unconcious a second time? And didn't the Cancun trip always include the Hughes being there with Travis? And didn't the Hughes tell Travis long before that they no longer wanted Jodi near them because of her inappropriate conduct? Whether Jodi's name was on a list somewhere, I can't imagine Jodi thought she'd be going to Cancun, since that would be delusional. Oh wait...never mind.

Agree about everything except the shower motive. Do I think JA would drive 1,000 miles one way to sneak into Arizona, undetected and unrecognizable, just to take a few *advertiser censored* pics with Travis? IMO she intended to murder him, time was running short as his roommate was due home around 6 pm. I think he'd already had a shower earlier in the day after their rendezvous and that the sole reason he ended up in the shower 37 1/2 minutes before 6 pm was to pose for JA's Psycho Shower Scene. At the point of a gun, imo.

JA is diabolical. She commented on that last face shot of Travis alive, saying what a great photo of him it was. Look how terrified he looks! He knew his fate then, and probably 8 minutes earlier. So sad. MOO of course.

I don't recall him having had a shower earlier in the day. I am not sure she planned a shower killing, just a killing. He just happened to be in the shower when she returned. I don't believe a word she says about him posing on the shower for her. I think she came back, he was in the shower and she had him at gunpoint. I think he played it cool like she wouldn't do anything, then she made him sit and the rest is history. His last picture is when he realizes she really is going to kill him. JMO.

Does it appear to anyone else that Jodi Arias tried to get to Travis' place before he was to depart for Cancun with another woman? Isn't this obvious?

Yes, however, he was murdered six days prior to his scheduled departure for Cancun. Unless she had some grandiose dream of spending almost a week there at his house (with her rental car which needed to be returned to Redding), I believe she already knew she was not going on that trip. And therefore, neither was he.

MOO

she's just a horrible lawyer. how did she ever become death qualified? did she attend a funeral once?

You are absolutely correct. What was that arrow through the head question?

A major discrepency in the defense's case is their lack of providing forensics to establish the gun shot could have come first. For the jurors remember they have heard from only one forensics expert who completely negates JA's story of the sequence of events. If they accept Dr. Horn's testimony (and there has been no alternative foresnic expert to dispute it) then JA's story is a lie.

Are you an attorney? If someone were "Under The Rule", future witnesses for the defense (for instance) would NOT be allowed to hear prior testimony. This is what I am trying to verify. I might be asking this question in the wrong thread...

I am a second year law student who has reviewed the 615 motion. The judge has granted the motion for all witnesses, whether past or present, to be excluded from the courtroom. As far as I can tell, there are only certain specific witnesses that the judge has ordered not to watch the live feed. So, I will stand by my previous answer. Of course, I am open to correction by any AZ attorney who has contradicting evidence.

From the hearing regarding Chris and Sky Hughes (which I "watched" only by following the thread here), I was under the impression that the judge had ordered both attorneys to tell their witnesses not to watch the trial.

Travis spoke a few times pre death to give us clues to his murder perhaps. I am not really into that sorta phenomenon, but when you think about it...it is kinda creepy. First he blogs about 'not knowing whether his current date is a penned up axe murderer' or something to that effect, and secondly, the video where he describes being held at gunpoint to the temple (Jodi has her head in his lap), and he is all..calm and cool, hey man, take what ya want, no problem..all the while totally freaking out inside. ie: cool, calm and collected at gunpoint in the shower, playing along, until the last photo when he knows it's coming.

There were a lot of cute professionals in this case...all on the state's side. Nice to have something to brighten a crazy and infuriating trial.

OT...there should be a websleuths dating thread. Like eharmony or Christian mingle..

"Websleuthlove.com: where soulmates connect, fall in love and dissect crime scenes....":floorlaugh:

Yes, however, he was murdered six days prior to his scheduled departure for Cancun. Unless she had some grandiose dream of spending almost a week there at his house (with her rental car which needed to be returned to Redding), I believe she already knew she was not going on that trip. And therefore, neither was he.

MOO

I must have my impression of days mixed up. For some reason, I thought that Mimi was expecting to leave for that trip with him in a day or so...? Hence the visit to his house...? I agree with you on the rest.

I don't mean to pull any of you away but on page 6 of the above link there's talk of Jodi admitting to owning a gun but saying it was lost/stolen. ??

The 9mm found in the engine of her other rental car. I think.

That would be Detective FLORES, no? :spring:

(I live in New Mexico.)

Does anyone remember, and find it disrespectful, that JA always referred to Det. Flores as Flores. Never Det. Flores. What a scank!!!!

from earlier thread. HTH:

Originally Posted by gcharlie View Post
Hopefully, all of the confusion will be cleared on Monday. FWIW, I think this is where we stand right now:

Ex #534 (3/14)-yellow lined paper with raw data; per Dick, JA answered test questions and he wrote them down.

Ex #535 (3/14)- Copy of official PSD scoring sheet, hand scored by Dick using answers from JA. Only includes scoring by Dick, no raw data (answers). Dick must have left the full PSD scoring sheet on his desk; JM requests that it be brought to court. Test score for symptoms is 17.

Ex #550 (3/21)- JM produces complete PSD scoring sheet without hole punch marks. Test score for symptoms is 15, different from previous Ex. 535. Dick confirms at no point in time did he provide this to the defense.

Dick is confused...JM asks him for copy of complete raw data sheet. Dick looks through notebook and finds one with hole punches "musta been here the whole time". Gives it to JM who enters it for evidence (we don't have an exhibit number on this yet). Dick asks to be able to bring it home, Judge tell him to talk to Nurmi.

Soooo...something hinky is going on.

In spite of lawyers not being smart enought to understand raw data, JM latched onto something big with this "expert".

Ex #550 presumably came from Janeen DeMarte, the upcoming expert witness for the defense.

We already know that the scores on Ex #535 and #550 don't agree. But the real kicker is going to come on Monday when we will find out if the scores on the yet to be numbered exhibit is the same as #535 or #550 or new score and how that compares to the yellow answer sheet (Ex 534).

Careless or fraudulent?

Stayed tuned for the next episode...
THank you so much for this post. It does clear up a few things, and of course, brings up lots of new questions.

I feel like this is going to be a big thing because of the way Juan went about
it. I noticed his pattern seems to be to start the cross with something weird and off beat, to throw off the witness. He started JA off with the ' calling her sis dumb' accusation. That was very unexpected, and threw her off guard. But it was also emotional for her. Then suddenly after making her upset, he goes sideways into the gas cans.

He started the DR off with the compassion/sympathy definition, and got him all upset and self righteous, then suddenly pullled out this paper and BAM. The Doc looked very nervous, imo. And JW jumped out of her seat---end of court for the day.

It was smooth the way Juan took it right out of the doc's hand and said "lets mark this' and walked off with the paper. Very smooth. The doc seemed very concerned about getting that paper back. JMO

I can't wait until Monday. But if you place all the same papers together all the markings should be in the exact same place.

I don't mean to pull any of you away but on page 6 of the above link there's talk of Jodi admitting to owning a gun but saying it was lost/stolen. ??
Technically it was 'lost' because, damndest thing really, someone had 'stolen' Jodi's 9mm and placed it in the engine compartment of the rental she'd had when she was arrested and it wasn't discovered until later, by the rental car company.

The defendant just has the worst luck. Lost cell phones, lost guns, on trial for murder when ninjas were clearly responsible. :great:

(I'm being flippant ttc but Jodi had registered a 9mm glock and it wasn't discovered upon her arrest so, I assume, she had to come up with a cover story for Flores - though I haven't heard she'd told him that I do remember the gun was discussed. She'd even asked what type of gun HE had!)

Speaking of Jodi's favorite movies, I think her very favorite was "House of Flying Daggers" because of the storyline and the gorgeous cinematography.

Here's a pic from the final scene of the movie where the heroine has been stabbed by the man tormented that she loves someone else:

http://s587.photobucket.com/user/Fareast_No1/media/House%20of%20Flying%20Daggers/house-of-flying-daggers-59.jpg.html?#/user/Fareast_No1/media/House%20of%20Flying%20Daggers/house-of-flying-daggers-58.jpg.html?&_suid=136409144446508874069481758335

She's shown holding her right hand to a mortal knife wound near her heart, while he tells her, "You forced me to destroy you." He adds that he could have born the pain of her not loving him, but not the pain of learning she was going away with someone else. Yikes!! The "someone else" appears in the previous pic at that site, along with the knife used to kill her, which she had pulled out and thrown at her killer before he could kill her beloved. I bet Jodi could recite every line from that movie by heart.

I love this movie. I actually liked it better with the English subtitles than with the English voice dubs. You can watch the whole movie on YouTube, but I bought the dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter