long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In most states that I'm aware of, the State has the last word. I could be way off ... anyone else know for sure?

In criminal trials in NC, the prosecution has the last argument UNLESS the defense decides not to present evidence -- not to present a case. In that case, the defense has the last argument.

Yeah I agree with you on the use of the word From, however it has given me a few headaches over the years with border patrol.....they always ask where you are from, I would say MPLS and would raise flags with them. I quickly adapted my understanding of the word from. I would cross from Mexico daily and just started telling them I was from Texas even though I still feel I am from MPLS.

well that's just common sense lol. But Travis is being portrayed as being FROM Mesa by others and because everyone knows he has the unflagging support of the Mormon community here, imo. He's one "of them" and that's all there is to it. jmo

I think I'll edit my buttons so they have some of this mockery of Jodi in them.

Cat scratches her at 7:40ish of first vid, and her ex boyfriend said she had a psycho cat that also scratched her and she put up with it so that shows she was a good person. Cats scratch for a variety of reasons, but if this is two different cats then Jodi is a cat abuser and the cat is lashing out at her because she is either smothering it or roughing it up, or both. You know, kinda like she treated Travis.

Just sayin'

Not watching the vids but "Even The Cat Knew She Was The Devil"

Cat scratches her at 7:40ish of first vid, and her ex boyfriend said she had a psycho cat that also scratched her and she put up with it so that shows she was a good person. Cats scratch for a variety of reasons, but if this is two different cats then Jodi is a cat abuser and the cat is lashing out at her because she is either smothering it or roughing it up, or both. You know, kinda like she treated Travis.

Just sayin'

I don't believe Jodi can form attachments with animals or humans.

Regarding cats - a former co-worker of Jodi's called in to the Dr. Drew show claiming Jodi abused/mistreated a cat she was taking care of for a friend:

VERONICA: Yes, doctor. So anyway, she was taking care of this cat supposedly for two weeks. And after the two weeks she had told me, she said, "Veronica, boy, when I went to retrieve the cat after two weeks" -- I said, what do you mean after two weeks retrieved the cat? She said, "Well, I left it in a room with enough food and water." I said, for two weeks? What are you talking about, Jodi? She said -- and she kind of got a little startled at my response.

And she said, "Well, when I went to get the cat to take it to the Humane Society, it was shaking, veronica. The cat was shaking. I guess I kind of feel bad." Uh.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/16/ddhln.01.html

Do you have a cite for that? I did a Google search but couldn't find reference to .25s being recovered at Jodi Arias' parent's house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

CASAREZ: Yes, they did, a woman they believed was her mother. Another thing from these police incident reports, they later executed a search warrant on her mother`s home, her parents` home. They found a box of .25- millimeter bullets in that home.

GRACE: Man, was that brought into the jury in the state`s case in chief?

CASAREZ: Not that I know of, no.

GRACE: I`m just very surprised and concerned all of this has not gone in front of the jury. But again, maybe the state`s holding it back for rebuttal.
Here`s another twist on that,
Jean Casarez. Can the mother be called to testify as to what her daughter told her in that car? Would she tell the truth, or would she lie to save her daughter`s skin, Jean Casarez?

CASAREZ: Well, an interesting point is, it was the mother that was inquiring, and the reports do not say who she was inquiring to, but she was asking about the gun her daughter had hidden in the car. So Jodi`s mother knows information.

Also noted here:
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/416902231719258
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/416935321715949

Like Nancy Grace suspects,
IMO & Hoping
JM will bring this in on rebuttal

In criminal trials in NC, the prosecution has the last argument UNLESS the defense decides not to present evidence -- not to present a case. In that case, the defense has the last argument.

I asked this question earlier, and as I recall the DEFENSE has the last call and argument since they say it is up to the prosecution IN THE STATE OF ARIZONA to prove their case. I'm sure someone else on here can take this further.....

Thanks for the reply.

Let's see, the sex photo shoot ended at 1:47:15 and the shower photos didn't begin until 3 hours 35 minutes later. It didn't sound like they ate much, a banana for Jodi and oatmeal for Travis, right? According to the autopsy report he had only 25 mL (5 tablespoons) of undigested food in his stomach.

Isn't that a pretty long time window for her to do what she came to do?

I am still not understanding when and where she planned to kill him, and with what weapon. Wouldn't the self-enclosed master suite be the logical place to do it? Wouldn't she want to get out of town before his body was discovered? Anywhere else in the house and the roommates would have found him as soon as they got home. As it is, she barely got out of there in time. Do you see it differently?
So what you are saying is that you know he had another shower earlier, and that she left Yreka with a written plan to kill him in the shower?

Regarding cats - a former co-worker of Jodi's called in to the Dr. Drew show claiming Jodi abused/mistreated a cat she was taking care of for a friend:

VERONICA: Yes, doctor. So anyway, she was taking care of this cat supposedly for two weeks. And after the two weeks she had told me, she said, "Veronica, boy, when I went to retrieve the cat after two weeks" -- I said, what do you mean after two weeks retrieved the cat? She said, "Well, I left it in a room with enough food and water." I said, for two weeks? What are you talking about, Jodi? She said -- and she kind of got a little startled at my response.

And she said, "Well, when I went to get the cat to take it to the Humane Society, it was shaking, veronica. The cat was shaking. I guess I kind of feel bad." Uh.

I knew it! I so knew it! OK why have a cat, sit a cat, go near a cat, inflict yourself upon a cat, if you hate cats? Oh so you can have power over a cat .. :furious: Please do not let this woman anywhere near one of these animal programs while in prison like this similar murderess.....

http://www.csindy.com/coloradosprings/sit-stay-start-over/Content?oid=1141996

When Lori McLuckie, 46, was first accepted into the K-9 program, she'd been in prison 14 years. It had been so long since she'd nurtured something that she was afraid she was going "to break" her dog.

Seated in the corner of a drab conference room, a Dachshund mix in her lap, McLuckie speaks softly and chooses her words deliberately.

Lori killed and cut up her boyfriend after she tied him to a radiator in her flat, she also said he had raped and abused her.

His family says it was she that abused him, I believe them.

Bad idea for Jodi. I hope they don't have these kind of programs in Arizona for people like her.

There's no evidence of financial "success." I've posted before, his house was 90-100% financed at purchase (I think it was 100% but am too lazy to go back and look it up again just now) and was REfinanced shortly thereafter for another significant amount. This was common at the time and resulted in the collapse of the RE market and the foreclosure boom in AZ. The BMW came through PPL, imo, as was common practice. Just look at that ridiculous video of the Hughes' gushing over theirs. Sickening to me.

Imo, any financial "success" Travis had was on paper and he died before it came crashing down on most people in his situation in AZ -- of which there were plenty. PPL is a pyramid scheme with a farce of a "product" for the sole purpose of avoiding prosecution -- and it's still sued frequently for that reason in spite of the fiction. If he made money at it, he was making money on a scam, imo. Too bad Jodi was/is too stupid to see that. She probably wanted what Sky Hughes "has" :::eyeroll::: jmo

Yes, and if he was so financially "successful" via PPL, why did he have roommates?

CASAREZ: Yes, they did, a woman they believed was her mother. Another thing from these police incident reports, they later executed a search warrant on her mother`s home, her parents` home. They found a box of .25- millimeter bullets in that home.

GRACE: I`m just very surprised and concerned all of this has not gone in front of the jury. But again, maybe the state`s holding it back for rebuttal.
Jean Casarez. Can the mother be called to testify as to what her daughter told her in that car? Would she tell the truth, or would she lie to save her daughter`s skin, Jean Casarez?

CASAREZ: Well, an interesting point is, it was the mother that was inquiring, and the reports do not say who she was inquiring to, but she was asking about the gun her daughter had hidden in the car. So Jodi`s mother knows information.

Also noted here:

IMO & Hoping

Someone the other day brought up a good point. Why couldn't LE test the ammunition that the mother had for the .25 and prove the shell casings matched the same lot as the casing that was on the floor of the shower.

It seems to me that a metallurgy test could prove the lot was simiilar or even exactly the same maybe.

I am so glad that someone besides me brought up the cat. I thought it was a kitten and died. I got the info second hand from someone. I brought it up a couple of times but no one else seemed to have heard it. So was glad to see the transcript.

Also noted here:

IMO & Hoping

You will learn more about this case right here on WS than you will with Nancy or Jean.

I cannot WAIT for Juan Martinez on Monday...Do y'all think he will start off with another subject other than the 3-ring binder marks on one doc and not on the other? I do. I think he will start off with a completely different subject and turn him around in circles and make his marks as he always does.....Woo-Hoo !!!

Did you notice the "He never raped me" that she puts in there?

Ah yes, Jodi logic - I had no reason to kill Travis (according to me) so therefore I didn't kill Travis .. can I go now?

Then now ..

OK you got me, I did kill Travis, so therefore there must have been a good reason.

:facepalm:

But he was successful..and it IS a business. MLM isn't a scam...like pyramids, but it isn't easy to make money. Ask my many friends who do doTerra, Vi Salus, Mary Kay, Avon, etc etc....most make little money. Some DO make money at it...and he clearly was.

Reading between the lines, Travis appeared to be experiencing financial problems. I believe it was in his final rant to Jodi that he said he was
trying to save his house, build his business, and all she did was think about herself. He may have been teetering on foreclosure before his murder, I'm not sure. But eventually, the house was foreclosed on. It definitely is not easy to make money in those types of businesses, and 2008 was the beginning of the sub-prime debacle and the recession. Real estate prices were plummeting.

I asked this question earlier, and as I recall the DEFENSE has the last call and argument since they say it is up to the prosecution IN THE STATE OF ARIZONA to prove their case. I'm sure someone else on here can take this further.....

No, the state has the last word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member