long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew, what a last 24 hours on the threads! I did a quick scan and saw no TOs for anyone...carefull out there folks as I can attest to from the FCA trial it is just awful to get sucked in to <self snip>s and then YOU get a TO and cannot post! :grouphug:

Also for those that like to do live chat during testimony, come into our chatroom with WSers during testimony! Not sure where the link is and how to do as I joined it during FCA trial, but you can do through java or mIRC (and mIRC has those fun trouts...inside joke!) Directions for chat are somewhere here, but on nook now and cannot find post to share, perhaps someone else knows off the top of their head and can locate quicly directions.

I'm new. What is a TO? TIA!

I think Cancun factored heavily into the timing. Jodi wasn't going to spend that week in Yreka crying into her pillow while imagining Travis and Mimi, on the beach, gazing into each other's eyes while the sun set.

lol, that raw data statement blew up on him, eh? That raw data can get tricky, especially when you have to:

• score it
  • lose access to it
  • re-do it
  • rescore it
  • pass it off as defendent's in a court of law
  • get caught in a lie
  • etc. cause JM isn't even done with this issue yet
Oh My, yes there is a very good reason to not give attorney's raw data, the problem is they can analyze it too well....:floorlaugh:

Not according to "Dr." Samuels. He testified that the lawyers wouldn't understand it. It takes his 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE to read the scores. :floorlaugh:

... and the tragedy is we are soon going to have to listen to a DV advocate spin this fact right around on its ear. Shame on her!

We are all going to need to be heavily medicated for that. Fo sho.

The previous expert who left because of illness was Cheryl Karp.

Karp Cheryl L Psychologist is a Psychologist office located in Tucson, AZ. A psychologist focuses on the evaluation, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health issues. Psychologists are concerned with the different aspects of behavior and mental processes. A clinical psychologist uses psychotherapy and other counseling skills to improve emotional and mental health.

When they replaced her, I'm curious how they decided to switch to the DV route - maybe at RS"s suggestion?

This is from the trial of Mark Jensen who was accused of poisoning his wife with antifreeze and suffocating her. This witness had testified on direct that in his opinion the wife was suicidal.
RSBM

I'm from Wisconsin and this is one of those cases that haunt me still. Julie had openly admitted she was terrified of Mark and gave a letter to neighbors expressing her fear and her absolute certainty if she wound up dead, it was Mark who killed her. She further expressed her concerns vocally to anyone who would listen. :(

There's a chance because that 'dying declaration' letter was admitted into evidence that Mark may be granted a new trial someday. In the meantime though he was sentenced to LWOP. Wisconsin has truth in sentencing legislation in place.

Not according to "Dr." Samuels. He testified that the lawyers wouldn't understand it. It takes his 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE to read the scores. :floorlaugh:

Riiiiight. The last time I checked, 1 + 1 = 2 and 2 + 2 = 4. Not that difficult.

RSBM

I'm from Wisconsin and this is one of those cases that haunt me still. Julie had openly admitted she was terrified of Mark and gave a letter to neighbors expressing her fear and her absolute certainty if she wound up dead, it was Mark who killed her. She further expressed her concerns vocally to anyone who would listen. :(

There's a chance because that 'dying declaration' letter was admitted into evidence that Mark may be granted a new trial someday. In the meantime though he was sentenced to LWOP. Wisconsin has truth in sentencing legislation in place.

Hey me too! :seeya:

TO is a time out, where the mods think you have gone against :rulez: Depending on level of severity, it can be 3-5 days normally, but one in FCA trial got thirty days! For those that have never read TOS (terms of service) would be a good idea. E.g. last night Beach came on and said quit baiting (tr$$l) and quit being snarky and quit attacking the poster by saying the word "you" in replies. During the FCA trial many long time folks ...well, nuff said as I do not want a TO!

Speaking of "experts", since RS couldn't prescribe, does that mean Arias had to have been seeing a doc at the jail - and could that have included "gasp" therapy?

I truly believe TA was the victim of domestic violence. I also think JA stalked, blackmailed, threatened and begged TA to keep her in his life. That did not work and while he maybe occasionally got together with her for sex when she would THROW herself at him it did not work. That was his death sentence. As a poster up above said so well. If she could not have him no one could have him.

IMHO there is no remorse. In her mind he had it coming. We watched the movie Chicago the other night and Jail Cell Tango was on point. "He had it comin, he had it comin, he had it comin all the same, and if you'd been there and if you'd seen it, you would think the same". (something like that) That is the mentality of someone like JA.

I hope and pray for a wise and intelligent Jury. She should never be on the street again.

Riiiiight. The last time I checked, 1 + 1 = 2 and 2 + 2 = 4. Not that difficult.

Obviously, Hopeful, you are hiding from us the fact that you are a psychologist. You should get the Mods to verify you. Because, really, nobody but an expert can add up numbers like that. Even if it takes only the fingers on one hand. :yesss:

Yes and on the phone sex recording, he tells her she is the "top priority".

Did Travis make one single effort to visit her in Yreka after she moved back? That is a big fat no.

Then the texts on May 26th... she did something horrible to pi** Travis off and I believe someone here on WS posted she may have fabricated a "fake email account" then sending emails to Travis throwing Mimi under the bus?

Did computer forensics have anything more from Travis' computer?

I think Cancun factored heavily into the timing. Jodi wasn't going to spend that week in Yreka crying into her pillow while imagining Travis and Mimi, on the beach, gazing into each other's eyes while the sun set.

I'm the girl? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan
I'm reposting this because the second video is extremely well written and extremely well acted.

You replied: Yeah, that's me.

Sorry I don't know how to bring posts over from other threads.

Eta. Ok nvm, clearly misunderstood this.

Hey me too! :seeya:
I miss it so much! I'm Brew City born but spent a year in Racine too before making my way over here. Ya gotta have a brat for me (and if you're a vegetarian, then lie). They're next to impossible to find over here!

Sorry peeps for the O/T. I'm homesick! It's a valid defense. ;)

The previous expert who left because of illness was Cheryl Karp.

Karp Cheryl L Psychologist is a Psychologist office located in Tucson, AZ. A psychologist focuses on the evaluation, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health issues. Psychologists are concerned with the different aspects of behavior and mental processes. A clinical psychologist uses psychotherapy and other counseling skills to improve emotional and mental health.

When they replaced her, I'm curious how they decided to switch to the DV route - maybe at RS"s suggestion?

Bet she was never so happy to get "sick" in her entire life. Interesting that she says she uses pscyotherapy to improve mental health.

Yes, I think it was Samuels, probably in conjunction with Nurmi, that decided on the DV route. It certainly appears that they confronted Jodi about her lying until she came up with a lie they thought they could defend. Clearly neither of them thought it through very carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess