long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the last thread, by elementary

You may try to diminish the crime and call it "standard" compared to a handful of others. It is heinous. Appalling. Shocking. Cruel. It has nothing to do with religion or pix of private parts. Travis Alexander's murder is revolting and calculatedly sadistic.

I completely agree. I have followed many many murder cases in my life and this one is probably the most heinous I have ever encountered. I don't think it has anything to do with the sex or salaciousness. It was a horrific murder of a good man, by a crazy woman, and he didn't deserve to die. Especially not like that.

She is one sick woman and I think we all just want to see her put away, and see justice for Travis Alexander.

I totally agree. This crime was beyond horrific. I think Miss JA was far deeper into the darkness (vampire boyfriend) than anyone imagines. This is one dangerous woman. I fear that she will kill again should someone really cross her and she has her freedom.

I truly believe TA was the victim of domestic violence. I also think JA stalked, blackmailed, threatened and begged TA to keep her in his life. That did not work and while he maybe occasionally got together with her for sex when she would THROW herself at him it did not work. That was his death sentence. As a poster up above said so well. If she could not have him no one could have him.

IMHO there is no remorse. In her mind he had it coming. We watched the movie Chicago the other night and Jail Cell Tango was on point. "He had it comin, he had it comin, he had it comin all the same, and if you'd been there and if you'd seen it, you would think the same". (something like that) That is the mentality of someone like JA.

I hope and pray for a wise and intelligent Jury. She should never be on the street again.

That's one of the things that bothers me the most. The fact that she will never be sorry for what she did. She will never care that she took his life.

Yes and on the phone sex recording, he tells her she is the "top priority".

Did Travis make one single effort to visit her in Yreka after she moved back? That is a big fat no.

Then the texts on May 26th... she did something horrible to pi** Travis off and I believe someone here on WS posted she may have fabricated a "fake email account" then sending emails to Travis throwing Mimi under the bus?

Did computer forensics have anything more from Travis' computer?
Yes TA's computer AND Arias' (because it was fixed) both are treasure troves that I believe we may be hearing about in the rebuttal. There's many motions made over them both in the court minutes.
Nurmi's middle name must be "seal" because he tried (and sometimes succeeded) to get EVERYTHING sealed - JA's computer being one.

Bringing this over from closed thread.

And another thing that has been driving me crazy. She was living in N California and working at some seasonal restaurant < always a restaurant,.....And she just up and quits her job and moves to Mesa AFTER they break up? She told Flores it was because "plans were ALREADY in the works", and she was moving in with a friend. PLEASE. There were no plans. The girl she moved in with kicked her OUT after a week or so. She had NO where to live, NO job. She moved there because and only because she was OBSESSED with TA and she could watch/stalk his every move.

Given her history of living with men I got the impression that she assumed Travis would let her move in with him. I don't think she had any intention of getting a job or paying rent. She just thought she could manipulate Travis into letting her stay there until ultimately she was living there and she could take advantage of all the things he had to offer.

Right. And how does he remember the interviews from that long ago to rescore them? That was a big red flag for me. The fact that he decided to "rescore" them right before trial makes it very questionable.

There shouldn't be any alterations, in my opinion.

:twocents:

RSBM

I'm from Wisconsin and this is one of those cases that haunt me still. Julie had openly admitted she was terrified of Mark and gave a letter to neighbors expressing her fear and her absolute certainty if she wound up dead, it was Mark who killed her. She further expressed her concerns vocally to anyone who would listen. :(

There's a chance because that 'dying declaration' letter was admitted into evidence that Mark may be granted a new trial someday. In the meantime though he was sentenced to LWOP. Wisconsin has truth in sentencing legislation in place.

I thought he'd already been given a new trial, but it appears he hasn't, at least yet. What I read on one site was that a lower court originally agreed that the prosecution couldn't use that letter because Mark would be unable to confront his accuser. Then a higher court ruled that they could, if it was found that Mark was the reason his wife wasn't there to confront. Which makes a whole lot of sense. I can't think what court would disagree.

It's possible that some of the issue is that this was, I believe, the first case to use a computer search history as evidence. That's also quite controversial.

There shouldn't be any alterations, in my opinion.

:twocents:

I don't either. It's very shady. I'm sure the jurors are smart enough to pick up on that.

I think this guy is under JA's spell. Not only is he paid to defend her and play along with her story, he WANTS to do it.

Whew, what a last 24 hours on the threads! I did a quick scan and saw no TOs for anyone...carefull out there folks as I can attest to from the FCA trial it is just awful to get sucked in to <self snip>s and then YOU get a TO and cannot post! :grouphug:

Also for those that like to do live chat during testimony, come into our chatroom with WSers during testimony! Not sure where the link is and how to do as I joined it during FCA trial, but you can do through java or mIRC (and mIRC has those fun trouts...inside joke!) Directions for chat are somewhere here, but on nook now and cannot find post to share, perhaps someone else knows off the top of their head and can locate quicly directions.

to join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in # websleuths for channel name then hit join

:floorlaugh: Can you even fathom her getting up to adress the court during her mitigation phase?

That's one of the things that bothers me the most. The fact that she will never be sorry for what she did. She will never care that she took his life.

:floorlaugh: Can you even fathom her getting up to adress the court during her mitigation phase?

I can't. She has too much contempt for the court to beg it for her life.

Yes TA's computer AND Arias' (because it was fixed) both are treasure troves that I believe we may be hearing about in the rebuttal. There's many motions made over them both in the court minutes.
Nurmi's middle name must be "seal" because he tried (and sometimes succeeded) to get EVERYTHING sealed - JA's computer being one.

He goes by his middle name, Kirk. Which must make his FIRST name Seal. When you stop and think about it, that makes sense.

Can't use this on a Macbook. :(

to join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in # websleuths for channel name then hit join

He goes by his middle name, Kirk. Which must make his FIRST name Seal. When you stop and think about it, that makes sense.

When he goes into professional wrestling his name will be Kirk, "the body," Nurmi. His signature move will be known as "the Sealer."

Agree, and what bothers me more than her not being sorry is my opinion that she is glad she killed him. She's proud and gloating about having slaughtered him. It's truly sickening.

Regarding peeps getting out of this case, J Stephens didn't get stuck with it until the middle of 2011, and Willmott wasn't on board until 1-3-12.
I'll bet they all wish they could go back and get out of it.

Obviously, Hopeful, you are hiding from us the fact that you are a psychologist. You should get the Mods to verify you. Because, really, nobody but an expert can add up numbers like that. Even if it takes only the fingers on one hand. :yesss:

Yes, I am. And you are all beneath me. You could never understand this stuff or how to figure it out. I shouldn't have even bothered trying to explain!

:floorlaugh:

Agree, and what bothers me more than her not being sorry is my opinion that she is glad she killed him. She's proud and gloating about having slaughtered him. It's truly sickening.

Oh definitely. Makes me ill.

I miss it so much! I'm Brew City born but spent a year in Racine too before making my way over here. Ya gotta have a brat for me (and if you're a vegetarian, then lie). They're next to impossible to find over here!

Sorry peeps for the O/T. I'm homesick! It's a valid defense. ;)

BritsKate...I have a question for you, would it bother JA to know how many people support and love Travis' family and how many people how come to love Travis and feel connected to him the world over??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess