long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the video Steely -- but I don't get it. I can't see how this proves that she could not have used the gun first. Her story was that she dropped the camera, he slammed her, she went and got the gun, threatened him, shot him, etc. ITA on the timeframe being a problem, but I can't see what I missed in this video as to your theory. I mean, the fact that she said she didn't have the camera when she shot him? That's entirely consistent with her story; it had fallen on the ground according to her.

Help me understand what you are seeing here.

I'm still going with the most obvious that the gunshot was last. The pristine bullet on top of that blood.

Ok here's the new version of the video;

<respectfully snipped video>Jodi Arias - There is no way she shot Travis first - YouTube[/url]

All of this, of course, is impossible to have happened in 62 seconds unless, as the DT will no doubt argue, that the knife had not been used yet (or the knifing had just started) in Exhibit #162, and all that blood you see is from the head wound.

It's not reasonable to me, but that's what they will argue. Nurmi even objected during the "62 second" cross, "We don't even know what those injuries are in that picture." :twocents:

Ok here's the new version of the video;

Due to the rule about not showing crime scene photos on the site I have made a link to the video instead. Please like it if you would. TIA
Good job steely! Thanks. I am sure jm will emphasize this later for the jury in closing. His whole point has been to prove that 62 seconds in between those photos rules out her BS claim of shooting him first in self defense. He will tie this all up. Jmo

Thanks for the video Steely -- but I don't get it. I can't see how this proves that she could not have used the gun first. Her story was that she dropped the camera, he slammed her, she went and got the gun, threatened him, shot him, etc. ITA on the timeframe being a problem, but I can't see what I missed in this video as to your theory. I mean, the fact that she said she didn't have the camera when she shot him? That's entirely consistent with her story; it had fallen on the ground according to her.

Help me understand what you are seeing here.

It's not my theory. I'm just explaining what Juan is driving at. All of the explanation is in the video. Basically, JM is showing all of the things she'd have to have done in 62 seconds. One of them being grabbing the camera as she drug Travis down the hall to the shower stall.

I am going with she got it from Travis's email...snoopy lil thing...

I hope the Bishop is a rebuttal wit for that. He could say either yes I told her those things or No I didn't without breaking any confidence rule. I would tend to doubt he would want to be viewed as a gossiper as well.

All of this, of course, is impossible to have happened in 62 seconds unless, as the DT will no doubt argue, that the knife had not been used yet (or the knifing had just started) in Exhibit #162, and all that blood you see is from the head wound.

It's not reasonable to me, but that's what they will argue. Nurmi even objected during the "62 second" cross, "We don't even know what those injuries are in that picture." :twocents:

Oh, so the point is that the knife wounds in the 62 second pic are compelling evidence for a knife first attack? I'm just trying to understand this.

For some reason the quote function isn't working for me.

To the poster who sees Jodi's left foot in the pic (as I do), the stripes can't be on the inside of the left leg, so that's mostly her right leg seen in the photo, her right foot obscured in shadow, imo. I lightened the photo in order to see more detail; the one exhibited in court is too dark to make out detail. Here's the link to the photo so as not to display it here, per the mods' instruction:

I believe Jodi wore dark gray athletic pants (or track suit) with a blue stripe, something like this, but not exactly this one as this have doesn't leg zippers, which many do. I just haven't found the exact one. Possibly more of a sweatshirt material because it doesn't look very smooth in the photo:

ScreenShot2013-03-31at51656AM_zps9088a12c.png
ScreenShot2013-03-31at51833AM_zpsa99cd9aa.png

This one has leg zippers, according to the description but I don't think that's the exact one either:
ScreenShot2013-03-31at61936AM_zps14edaf7b.png

The shadow visible on her leg(s) is from her arm or other body part, no?

Sorry for the O/T. Guys I have been here long enough to call WS home. You guys have been my crutch through some horrible ordeals and I humbly thank each and every one for your support. Take a moment to read this travesty, then take an extra few moments to hold your loved ones close. This has absolutely broken my heart. :(

George Stinney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for the O/T Mods.....

OMG how sad.

It's not my theory. I'm just explaining what Juan is driving at. All of the explanation is in the video. Basically, JM is showing all of the things she'd have to have done in 62 seconds. One of them being grabbing the camera as she drug Travis down the hall to the shower stall.

Well, I apologize for ascribing the theory to you.

As I said, I can see what you mean, about the timeframe, though I still don't think that the point is all that clear in the video. I still can't see how it is not possible (though entirely improbable and I am not saying I believe it) that she could have gone and got a gun and shot him as she claims. Proof of impossibility would be a major coup in this case, I would think. Obviously, that would have been an awful lot of activity for 62 seconds, and it strains credulity to imagine that her story could be true as she described it on the stand.

Unfortunately, I remain unconvinced that it is impossible. 62 seconds is a long time; a lot longer than most people think. I don't think it's at all impossible that she did all of this in that period -- since we can see she did it by the pictures. I do think her story is a lie. I just don't know whether she shot him first or not and would love to see proof that it couldn't have happened the way she describes.

Now, remember, I do not believe her story about the camera dropping and bouncing like a football, the charging rhino, the ninja roll, the miraculous leap to the gun she thought might be there but assumed was unloaded, the "you must stop now that I have a gun," whoops, it goes off, he's still trying to kill me, get a knife! Oh, he left it somewhere -- I guess I found it... I get all of that entirely.

I can see her foot,( looks like she has socks on) her pants with the hemline/seam that everyone is talking about. It is I think the second picture, it is much lighter than the others I have seen which to me have just been a big blur. But now I see it.
I think his arm is in that position because she is pulling him kind of sideways, maybe to try and turn him around. OMG.

I think you may be right that she was trying to turn him around, because the very light triangular shape in the top right of that photo corresponds to his bathroom linen closet door being open, which puts him in the wrong direction to being pulled toward the shower. I have yet to see a photo of his bedroom that has anything corresponding to that very light area at the top right of the photo.

Still haven't found which hallway tile square has the very distinctive vein in the tile underneath her foot shadow. If we can find that, we'll know exactly where she was standing when that photo was snapped.

It does, indeed.

I might be a little dense...but the way I see it, if I as a juror was uncertain about the premeditation (which I myself am not) ...then the felony murder as Juan explained it is a no-brainer....She should get the needle either way...

Im so hoping that JM brings whatever that was about out in closing statements. Speculating, I think she put the BS pedophilia out somewhere that got back to TA and that was basically the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

i think she was stealing out of his bank account stealing small stuff from their friends,,scamming people and denying it and travis finally got proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89