long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, wouldn't it be nice if they had a limited amount of time and then a buzzer would go off???

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Lol. I wish we'd had that when JA was on the stand.

This has probably come up before, however I've noticed Nancy Grace is the only one who refers to RS as "Dick Samuels". With the emphasis she puts on 'Dick', I get the impression she just uses that fact that Richard/Dick can be used interchangeably, as an excuse to call him 'Dick'.

Has anyone seen him referred to as "Dick Samuels" elsewhere?

Ok now don't you all go hating me. But I like Nancy Grace, yes I do.....lol

And I think she is doing the "Dick" thing on purpose...hehehehe

This has probably come up before, however I've noticed Nancy Grace is the only one who refers to RS as "Dick Samuels". With the emphasis she puts on 'Dick', I get the impression she just uses that fact that Richard/Dick can be used interchangeably, as an excuse to call him 'Dick'.

No, she's using it as a slur.

You are right, she was not sloppy or careless.. she would have dumped that evidence in the desert ASAP.. and she would have dumped his body too had he not had the gumption to exit the shower and create such a bloody scene. She is no slouch, for sure. Travis just f'd her plans for a "he just disappeared" scenario that she would hope to be scott free from suspicion. JMO.

Jodi probably thought that she and Travis would go to Grand Canyon and Sedona alone together. His friend testified that Travis did not want to be alone with her. So he and his sister went also. She probably would have pushed him off of a cliff or something if they were alone. She would of said there was an accident.

I think she may have discovered Mimi was the true ticket holder to Cancun from snooping in email or Facebook. She also mentions in the tapes that she was "disappointed" that Travis didn't come see her sing the National Anthem at an event on May 24th.

I can't believe she thinks she can sing, and it's even harder to believe that someone would want her to.

No, but NG sure does seem to enjoy saying DICK! :giggle:

I like her too although her show is really not very good these days. Back during the Scott Peterson trial she was amazing. Wish she could get Beth and Katie to be part of her show, present actual facts and class it up.

In my opinion, the problem with "accomplice theories" is: JA is a psychopath/sociopath. She would never protect the accomplice(s) by keeping silent. She would identify them immediately rather than suffer herself. If she had accomplices, she would have used them to do her dirty work and then take the fall.

Good morning - My feeling on the accomplice theory, if she had one, is that she knows she will need their help while she is incarcerated and would not give up her power over them by incriminating them.

In the beginning, there were very few people - MM, DB and possibly Gus, that would be willing to help her. By incriminating them at this stage, she has no one on the outside to turn to.

Her circle of friends while incarcerated has widened only slightly, ie.- Donavan and the recently acquired jail-groupies. IMO, she needs these people to take care of outside business and knows it would not serve her to throw them under the bus - yet.

I personally don't believe she even went to Hoover Dam. She's lied about everything else, why would she be truthful about this? There is an awful lot of security there, and you can bet that JM has had that checkpoint checked and rechecked. There are camera's everywhere, especially after 9-11. I would think they could show every car that goes through that check point.
I don't think she's going to give up any evidence of her actual route, on the off chance that paw paw's gun or her tire slashing knife should ever be found. MOO ~

This was what I was thinking as well that story is completely unbelieveable as is most everything else she spews.

This was what I was thinking as well that story is completely unbelieveable as is most everything else she spews.

If you recall, jodi asked Det. Flores about cameras. He said there would only be a pic if you ran a red light.

I like her too although her show is really not very good these days. Back during the Scott Peterson trial she was amazing. Wish she could get Beth and Katie to be part of her show, present actual facts and class it up.

I like that her heart is in the right place, advocating for victims.

I don't really watch her much anymore, but have watched a few times during this trial. She just kills me with her "Live from the courtroom" shtick. :lol: Really?

I don't really watch her much anymore, but have watched a few times during this trial. She just kills me with her "Live from the courtroom" shtick. :lol: Really?

Yes, her heart is in the right place. I have not watched her in ages because I am already in bed when she comes on but I do get to see her clips on HLN which is where I saw her "Dick" phrase. I loved her for it.

Foghorn, I myself do not think that there were any any accomplices. She was a one man band on this murder.

I'm certain Jodi did the whole thing by herself. The murder only took a few minutes. She had him with the first thrust of the knife. The rest of the stabbings took place while he was crawling on the floor for his life. The girl does not give a rats behind about anybody but herself, so she would be incapable of keeping an accomplice a secret. She'd throw them under the bus the first chance she got. She used the gun at the end because she had it with her. What a waste if she didn't at least fire it. MOO

Exactly. I've been saying this for a while. There's no way someone else was there during the murder. I think it's possible Matt M knows more than any of us will ever know and probably did some shady things after the fact, but no way was he (or anyone else) there helping her.

I keep hearing HLN talking heads say that JM will address this or that in his closing argument, in order to bring out whatever is necessary to discredit the domestic abuse, etc. and influence the jury toward the first degree murder verdict. But the prosecution still has the rebuttal phase do they not? Isn't that when he'll really have the best opportunity to discredit the DT's expert witnesses? I just can't figure out why these people keep saying he'll take care of everything in his closing argument. I mean, isn't that kind of jumping ahead, or am I missing something? :waitasec:

"Live from the courtroom"
"Bombshell Tonight"
"Unleash the lawyers"

gcharlie

I'm hoping the court observers will pay very close attention to the jurors on Tuesday, as ALV's testimony may bring some very disturbing information to light.

Important for people to be aware that JA tried to plead for lesser charges and if the charges were not reduced, she made it known that her defense strategy would include collateral damage to both TA's image and others close to him. TA's family is aware of the evidence and knows what the defense plans to present.

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.c...riasngfile.pdf

The emails between TA and the Hughes is something that the defense finds compelling and may show TA to be less than a gentleman when it comes to his relationships with women in general and specifically JA. Whether or not it is compelling enough to sway the jury remains to be seen. The DT is now heading into what it considers to be the meat and the potatoes of its strategy; trial watchers need to be open minded here and understand that while TA's image will not come out of this squeaky clean, this in no way gives any justification for a gunshot wound to the head, 27 stab wounds and the slashing of his throat.

The family will need support as they go through this difficult week of testimony. They do know the intentions of the DT and I have no doubt they are as prepared as they can possibly be for this emotional part of the trial. I have confidence in them and JM in making the decision to reject 2cnd degree murder charges with a maximum sentence of 25 years and pursue the death penalty.

This week will not be one for the faint of heart.

==================================================

I am a bit nervous about this upcoming week.

Since I don't know what was in those emails it is worrisome. But I don't think there are any accusations that he was PHYSICALLY abusive. And I think that is the only thing that could sway the jury now.

Despite ALV's manipulation of hearsay and out of context emails, she is deliberately overlooking the evidence that Travis was not physically abusive.

Any one of our DV survivors will, I'm sure, recognise that an abuser does not shrug off his victim destroying their car (the BMW). Arias would have been black and blue after doing that.

An abuser does not pay his victim to clean house - it is expected, and the efforts criticized.

There are many indications that Travis was not violent.

He may have used some pretty strong language toward her at times but, seriously, who wouldn't? Just watching her interrogation and testimony is enough to make me scream obscenities at her!

You know what I'd really like to see JM do when he gets up for his cross of ALV. Ask her one question: "Ms. LV, everything that you have just testified to could also apply to a male if he were a victim as you have described, isn't that correct?" When she answers, which would be a yes.....JM says, "No other questions." BAM. No re-cross. What can JW possibly say????

That would be PERFECT and it'd get this trial moving! And juror questions come after that, we’ll see if Alyce's irrelevant te$timony goes poof into dust or if anyone bought the snake oil.
Then it's Juan-time! I think he'll easily discredit all things defense during rebuttal and closing, and the jury will see defendant as the scorned obsessive stalker & raging premeditating lying killer that she is. And then jury will make defendant go poof. :)

All MOO

I need some help figuring out that magazine message. The last sentence was something like "btw, your interview was great". Interview with who? Did he give an interview on 48 hrs, or one of the media outlets she used? Was it an interview with her attorneys? If it was the latter, her attorneys would ALREADY KNOW he gave a different story, or fu**ed up the story (using her words). "Unleash the sleuther's" because this has been driving me crazy. Anyone know, or have an idea??

I wish she would stop that. Lots of men of that generation named Richard go by Dick....including my dad. Seriously, it's pretty juvenile of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams