long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what she did to send him over. The edge.I guess she did many things but what. Set him off on this angry tirade, thi particular time.

This is a good question because it had to be something she did. It almost seems like Travis found out about something she said to someone else about him. Wonder if someone else contacted Travis with some infromation or something.

Does anyone think she had plans to burn the house down with all that gas?
Just a thought!

Well, there's no paper trail for her in Arizona. She would have needed gas at some point. If she didn't use the gas in the car, sure -- who knows what she might have planned (maybe with his body?) But -- it seems as though she needed to put it in the car. Of course, she might have had more cash than we know, and used it for gas. In that case, the gas cans would have been ready for the plan you are proposing. :cow:

Thanks again Fran.

BIB: Does anyone know if an autopsy on a male can determine if he had sex shortly before death?

Perhaps. However he was washed off by Jodi.
Semen might have been found in the urethra but that does not
prove it was from "sex"
IMO any DNA found, would be more likely if the man were discovered sooner.
After 5 days IMO no.

I could be wrong!
moo

Yes! As in "MARRY ME OR ELSE!"

She did say that she didn't have room for another gas can.
Who packs THAT much for a 4 day trip?
IMO she had packed everything she could into that car.

She was jealous of his friends, I heard, read it and can't recall where. But knowing Jodie as we do now! Absolutely wanted total control and isolation.

Dr drew playing the abuse accusation of. Jodie towards her father.
I don't believe any of it. It's all made up with the family's agreement to keep her out of death row. In the 48 hr interview she told a different story. To accuse her father of being violent is horrible.

I think her father was the only one humiliated the day
he sat in court listening to his daughters sex tape.

I agree. I think that is why the father never came back to court. He could not sit there and listen to her knowing she is lying about everything. He knows her and knows she is lying and he could not take it, so he never came back.

This is a good question because it had to be something she did. It almost seems like Travis found out about something she said to someone else about him. Wonder if someone else contacted Travis with some infromation or something.

My money's on the "sex tape" or pictures. I think "scammed" is the key word in his tirade. It implies that she has deliberately tricked him in some way -- that he trusted her and she betrayed him. I think she either threatened to post the audio or pics or send them to Mimi (remember, she did not yet know that Mimi had decided she was not serious about Travis and that they would only go to Cancun as friends). She may have threatened to reveal them to PPL folks, something along that line.

That whole sex tape stinks. She talked him into it. I'm not saying he didn't willingly participate, but she instigated that despite what she claims. If he had wanted to tape it, he would have. It wouldn't have been on her phone, it would have been on his. She wanted it as leverage over him, and I think she threatened him with it, knowing he would panic at the thought of having his reputation in the community ruined.

:cow:

Does Jodie wear makeup to court? Is that something she can purchase from the commissary? Does anyone know?

Does Jodie wear makeup to court? Is that something she can purchase from the commissary? Does anyone know?

I can't answer that -- but it reminds me of one of my favorite Clint Eastwood lines from the Enforcer, when he's having a heated exchange with the Chief of Police and says "Your mouthwash ain't makin' it." I suppose we could say the same here.

My money's on the "sex tape" or pictures. I think "scammed" is the key word in his tirade. It implies that she has deliberately tricked him in some way -- that he trusted her and she betrayed him. I think she either threatened to post the audio or pics or send them to Mimi (remember, she did not yet know that Mimi had decided she was not serious about Travis and that they would only go to Cancun as friends). She may have threatened to reveal them to PPL folks, something along that line.

That whole sex tape stinks. She talked him into it. I'm not saying he didn't willingly participate, but she instigated that despite what she claims. If he had wanted to tape it, he would have. It wouldn't have been on her phone, it would have been on his. She wanted it as leverage over him, and I think she threatened him with it, knowing he would panic at the thought of having his reputation in the community ruined.

I thought I read somewhere that Jodie had told Travis that Marie or. Lisa were seen making out with someone else. Jodie was always making up stories and trying to pass them off as truth to Travis. Clearly not true.

I can't answer that -- but it reminds me of one of my favorite Clint Eastwood lines from the Enforcer, when he's having a heated exchange with the Chief of Police and says "Your mouthwash ain't makin' it." I suppose we could say the same here.

Oh that's too funny:floorlaugh:

I thought I read somewhere that Jodie had told Travis that Marie or. Lisa were seen making out with someone else. Jodie was always making up stories and trying to pass them off as truth to Travis. Clearly not true.

That's true -- it could have been a nasty lie about his friends or something that he really felt was reprehensible. It wouldn't have to have been about him. Good point.

Night all. Have fun sleuthin'.

You have touched on several things that I've wondered about. I thought she could have made her own naked pictures, too. I've also wondered if she set the camera on a timer to make pictures every 30 seconds or so, and that's the reason the camera kept making pictures after Travis was killed. I'm not sure if that's even possible, but it's something that keeps coming back to me. I think Jodi came there to kill Travis with a gun and a knife. I think she was giving Travis one last chance to change his mind and take her to Cancun. She tried to do it with sex, she tried to do it by talking to him, and she may have even used tears. When nothing worked, she put the plan into action. I think the gunshot came last. She had to go downstairs to put the things in the washer, so she knew the roommates were not home. She put that bullet in his head for good measure. Well, that's how I see it.

1) That camera had only 2 choices of self-timer: 2 seconds or 10 seconds for a single shot. No possibility of taking a series of timed photos.

2) The intervals between photos in the shower scene were:

First photo 5:22:24
12 seconds later: 5:22:36
18 seconds later: 5:22:54
6 seconds later: 5:23:00
24 seconds later: 5:23:24
6 seconds later: 5:23:30
60 seconds later: 5:24:30
18 seconds later: 5:24:48
6 seconds later: 5:24:52
4 seconds later: 5:24:56
4 seconds later: 5:25:00
116 seconds later: 5:26:56
16 seconds later: 5:27:12
6 seconds later: 5:27:18
10 seconds later: 5:27:28
86 seconds later: 5:28:54
18 seconds later: 5:29:12
8 seconds later: 5:29:29
70 seconds later: 5:30:30
44 seconds later: 5:31:14
62 seconds later: 5:32:16
76 seconds later: 5:33:32

So that leaves out the timer theory. Detective Melendez testified the last two photos were taken upside down, when the camera was on the floor. He demonstrated in court how the shutter could be activated by pressing anywhere on the back of the camera while the camera was on the floor. Thus, they believe Jodi accidentally bumped into the camera with her foot in each the last two shots. :what:

CNET's review for the Sony DSC-H9 camera states that in low light it takes the camera 3.4 seconds to wake the camera up and the shutter to fire. (Source: CNET) So she accidentally struck the camera about 3 seconds before each of the last two shots were taken.

As to Jodi hoping to go to Cancun, I doubt she held any hope; for one thing, his friends who were going all disliked her and had told her in no uncertain terms; for another, she knew he was taking Mimi and aimed to find a good Mormon girl to marry. Which could never be her. IMO her stealthy trip into Arizona was the denounement of their relationship. I believe she stole the gun and made all those elaborate preparations to do exactly what she did. Which is why the prosecution is seeking the death penalty. :jail:

Excellent points and I agree this could be it exactly.

And I wonder if she promised to bring him the only CD copy of the tape and when he tried to play it, it was broken. Remember the story she told of the broken CD where he got pissed and threw it across the room. Could that be another little bit of truth in the mess of lies she has told.

LOL, I'm not expert, or not even sure! But my guess is, no, she can't get makeup.

The reason I say this is she had to ask them on 48 hours if she could put on some make up prior to the taping. If she'd had makeup available she would have put it on before meeting with those people. The 48 hours crew most likely gave it to her, as they most likely have a makeup artist that travels with them.

JMHO
fran

or anything about them beyond the story about the line for food, at least that I heard. I think she is now hesitant about voicing her observations about the jury. I really felt like she had been pretty shaken up by everything that's happened but she is hanging in there for Travis and justice. I don't think they can "scare her off" but she now knows that the DT will latch onto anything and spin it to their advantage and she clearly knows they have her on their radar so she is being very careful about what she says and how she says it.

Maybe she didn't voice observations since as she didn't see the jury today?

Does anyone think she had plans to burn the house down with all that gas?
Just a thought!

NO. I don't. That would have drawn attn. to the scene pronto.
She let him rot for 5 days for a reason.
He was nothing to her any longer.

He was never a person to her anyway. He was a possession.

ANOTHER RED FLAG!

I wonder what the longest time was that she and Travis did not txt or call each other.
OTHER than after his death.

I KNOW if Jodi didn't kill him she would have alerted the neighborhood and he'd have
been found within 24-48 hours!

(maybe not) ~jmo

I am new to this thread, but I have followed somewhat for some time including at radaronline.com at which I've seen some of the trial.

Did some reading on this, and previous, threads. What do you all think made her do what she did at that pearticular time?

Thank you.

Since Jodi was breaking into Travis' e-mails, messages and facebook, she knew Mimi was willing to back out if he chose to take someone else. Jodi made a last ditch effort to be 'the one' by showing up unannounced, with persuasive equipment including the weapons and her body. Travis refused to change his mind. Jodi carried out her threat.

Could be?

Hopeful, not sure learning guns myself. But I think it was mentioned a small .25 caliber which can be several different styles?

Here here a website with different types

http://www.handgunclub.com/hca/2010/05/01/small-caliber-pistols/

I think, not sure but have heard a small 25 caliber may not do the trick, only severally injury.

I am being trained on my Ruger lcp 380, never was scared of guns till I purchased one started handling it and shooting at ranch and seeing different guns and what power they have.

Would like to know myself if it was said exactly what type of 25 caliber gun Travis was shot with.

QueenD

The grandfather didn’t know what brand of .25 he owned, as he inherited it from a relative who passed away. The police report did say that it was loaded with jacketed hollow-point bullets. The hollow point makes the bullet expand and more dangerous against soft targets. It’s a slight upgrade on a relatively ineffectual cartridge.

Here is the link to the police report...

http://twitdoc.com/upload/zou2/ja-gun-issue.pdf

Hopeful One

I'm not sure what you're looking for in a gun. Target shooting or home defense or both?

For protection, I would never get a .25 caliber pistol. Personally, for defense in the home, I prefer a larger caliber like a .45 ACP. Where the .25 caliber jacketed hollow-point is a 45 grain bullet (weight), the .45 ACP is a 185 grain jacketed hollow-point, an obvious upgrade in stopping power.

For target shooting, it’s whatever you’re most comfortable with. For plinking, the .22 long rifle comes out on top for cost and accuracy, but as far a fun, an M-1 Carbine is hard to beat!!

LOL, I'm not expert, or not even sure! But my guess is, no, she can't get makeup.

The reason I say this is she had to ask them on 48 hours if she could put on some make up prior to the taping. If she'd had makeup available she would have put it on before meeting with those people. The 48 hours crew most likely gave it to her, as they most likely have a makeup artist that travels with them.

JMHO
fran

Thank you! It was brought up on dr drew.

Long time lurker, first time poster. i have been amazed at the beautiful community of victims' advocacy that i have found here, you people ROCK!!! It is so fulfilling to find the niche that i have always searched for. I read so much intelligent, insightful, analytical, compassionate posts here at websleuths... i feel at home and i feel proud to be in your company. Thank you all for everything you do to advocate for victims.

That said, I am in the process of listening to the unedited interrogation tapes... WOW. For all of you avid trial watchers, you MUST watch these tapes. They complete the picture of Arias that we all know about, but with even more added insight.

Anyone who has been an avid trial watcher, please watch these tapes!

GO JUAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member