long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think JA's mother and other family members are being paid by the DT to attend trial every day?

I don't think so -- the State wouldn't allow paying family members (I hope). I heard they are selling JA's artwork to pay for their living expenses. And since it's only the 2 of them (aunt/mom), they certainly must share a motel room, or stay with some supporter.

Just my thoughts though~

Mel

The reason I thought she could have burned it in NV is that Juan proved she had 3 cans in SLC. The original two were returned, but I don't think the 3rd one was ever found. (At least I don't recall hearing anything about it.) Of course she could have stashed it instead of burning it, but it makes me wonder.

That's where GPS tracking would come in handy. If she took a little detour off I-80 in the middle of nowhere, it could only be for one thing IMHO.

DB was asked on the stand if the gas cans were returned and he said no.

Hi Bunny :seeya:, my magic 8 ball keeps saying Not Sure and Try Again Later. We'll have to tune in and see at 9:15 AZ time.

I asked if juror 5 was leaving.
So it's official.lol Per the 8ball

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364906050672.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364906050672.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 26
Her setting the timer to take her own nudes could be an explanation for how the camera could have been STILL on a timer when the photos of her dragging TA's dead body back to shower were taken....

eLeL...everytime I see your avatar I laugh. I mistake it for something else that Arias more than likely had for her personal use. In fact, she probably had cases of different varieties, shapes and sizes.

:silenced:

also....if there is a tracking device on that rental car....it could tell us when she actually arrived at TA's home

She was practically begging for Flores to tell her how she was acting that made her seem guilty or not like a normal person she just couldn't get it!! She wanted to know so bad so she could act a different way but has no ability to gauge her behavior versus expected/innocent behavior and that's just perplexing... She was acting so obviously "wrong"

There was a part in the tapes that made me LMAO. They're discussing the bloody palm print and she tries to play it off as if she cut herself prior to June 4th and that's why the blood was there. When informed that her blood is mixed with his, that there is no way the blood is months old etc. she asks him a question. Paraphrasing perhaps, but very close...

"Is there ANY other way in the whole universe the blood could have gotten there?" She was told "It's possible.....but the question is, is it probable? It is not probable"

I was thinking that in her head she was hoping she would be told some incredibly unlikely 1/1,000,000,000 way it could have happened otherwise and she would have been like "wow! What a coincidence. Now that I think about it that is exactly what happened!!"

Why wouldn't it be legal to pay the mother to attend court?

Something tells me her mother/father aren't very distressed that she's heading for prison. I think you're right that they feel some relief.

ETA: If it were my daughter sitting in JA's spot right now, I can guarantee you I would NOT be in that courtroom. LOL

bbm

i'd be there,just sitting on Travis's families side.

no way in h e double hockey sticks i'd be supporting my child if they did this. NO FREAKING WAY.

they are probably relieved she is finally locked up :jail:

Yes, and she even *asked* Flores what a normal person would do. In the Jul 15 2008 questioning, he said I know what a criminal acts like vs. an innocent and you Jodi, are not acting innocent.
And Jodi is like, why? because I am not crying? He says no its not that, and she says what would a normal person act like?

She has said it on a few other occasions. She really does know she is not normal, and doesn't understand how normal people think/act/feel.

BBM

Yea, who is arrested or taken in for questioning and is NOT nervous or terrified? Even if you are innocent, you are not going to tell your life story and talk about mundane and frivolous things. Since she got her *advertiser censored* and blonde hair she is very skilled at getting men to believe her. That is why she opened up to Flores but not the female detective.

OT Got up early and made homemade granola to eat with my greek yogurt. Smelling good..........:great:

They seem to be way too preoccupied with what's going on outside the courtroom: watching HLN, watching Drew's jurors, probably reading here, Juan getting autographs. Their heads are in the clouds, and I bet Jodi is playing a part in this. With Jodi's faux-graine the other day, Nurmi filing frivolous motion after motion for prosecutorial misconduct, especially this latest one (really?), and trying to get a juror kicked off, this thing is spiraling out of control. I generally like Judge Stephens, but it's time to reel this in and get this trial going again. She's a good judge but she needs to start ruling with an iron fist. Judge Perry would never put up with all this BS.

You had me until the part about the judge being good. This judge has had a pivotal role in this mess, IMO. She's lacking in a lot of areas to be presiding over this trial.

The reason I thought she could have burned it in NV is that Juan proved she had 3 cans in SLC. The original two were returned, but I don't think the 3rd one was ever found. (At least I don't recall hearing anything about it.) Of course she could have stashed it instead of burning it, but it makes me wonder.

That's where GPS tracking would come in handy. If she took a little detour off I-80 in the middle of nowhere, it could only be for one thing IMHO.

bsk, I am pretty sure Darryl testified that she never returned his two cans.

bsk, I am pretty sure Darryl testified that she never returned his two cans.

Hmm... & he is ok with that?

What if his two gas cans had been found smoldering with the murder weapons?
Would he be ok with THAT?
moo

BBM

Yea, who is arrested or taken in for questioning and is NOT nervous or terrified? Even if you are innocent, you are not going to tell your life story and talk about mundane and frivolous things. Since she got her *advertiser censored* and blonde hair she is very skilled at getting men to believe her. That is why she opened up to Flores but not the female detective.

OT Got up early and made homemade granola to eat with my greek yogurt. Smelling good..........:great:

Wasn't that interesting/telling how differently the Flores and female det (can't remember her name?) interviews were with Jodi?

Jodi has no use for females, AT ALL!

I am so glad Flores had the strength to let JA babble on and on. He really did a good job with her, really understood how to handle her.

Not so much the female det. I mean, not that she had any chance of getting anything out of Jodi anyway, but IMO, she took a totally wrong approach with an obvious sociopath, and talked far too much.

Good morning, Carnnell, :seeya: Didn't the killer say Travis came at her in a linebacker pose? To me that pose meant his head was lower.

Her trajectory of her story also doesn't add up with the left to right...if he was coming at her, and she was anywhere in front of him, the bullet should have gone in more of a front of his skull to back of his skull...hope that makes sense. She tried to show in her (awful) "linebacker" attack, that he ducked his head down and at an angle...but it still would not have gone downward and left to right (or is it right to left...either way it's not from a front to back trajectory), as she tried to show. No way, no how.

As I understand it, the rental car was not something she was trying to hide because she used her MC to pay for it and she knew several of her friends would see it, which begs the question, why rent a car 100 miles away? Am I missing something? I think she used the MC to act as an alibi for the first leg of the trip. But I do agree that premeditation is clearly shown by her purchasing a gas can and hair dye with cash, as well as her cell phone conveniently being turned off before she entered Arizona.

I guess I don't understand why Travis would have no reason to wonder where her car was parked if she was invited. I find it odd that he would find it normal for her to be walking the streets at 4:00 a.m. to get to his house instead of parking in the driveway.

I do agree with you in that she was a bad penny or what I like to say - she was a poison.
I think Jodi wanted to make "noise" in CA and UT thinking it would provide an alibi. She took grandpa's gun and knew that piece of evidence would be discovered; so if she had a paper trail for where she disappeared to after the robbery, LE would never put 2+2 together.

Criminal Thinking 101: I won't get caught - If I get caught, I'll be able to talk my way out of it - If they don't believe me, blame someone/thing else - If that doesn't throw them, explain why you aren't responsible for what you do - If that fails, blame your attorney's incompetence, cost everyone a fortune, and appeal, appeal, appeal.

Hmm... & he is ok with that?

What if his two gas cans had been found smoldering with the murder weapons?
Would he be ok with THAT?
moo

His testimony was very weird, gngr.

I just relistened to some of it again yesterday.

IMO, he was obviously lying for her, in that his testimony sometimes completely contradicted his interview with the DAs office.

And when he did finally answer truthfully about what Jodi told him she needed the gas cans for, he was practically whispering.

How she could keep such a hold over boyfriends years later, who have real life things to worry about, like a son to raise and a reputation and job etc.

I don't get it. :truce:

You had me until the part about the judge being good. This judge has had a pivotal role in this mess, IMO. She's lacking in a lot of areas to be presiding over this trial.

Just curious, because I see a lot of people place "blame" on this judge, but what does this judge do or don't do that makes it so you say she "lacks in a lot of areas to be presiding over this trial".

:dunno: I would not think that is legal.

After some major soul searching... I am certain (if it were me,
my daughter, that I could NOT be there EVERY day.)

I am not sure I could be there at all.
It is just so against everything I stand for and everything
that I have taught my kids...

Bless her heart. It must be very hard to sit there and hold her head up at times.
I wonder if this is why we see odd behavior.

I am pretty sure if my kid killed someone like this I would just die right there on the spot when I found out.

:banghead: agghhh can't think about it anymore!

Great Post!

Sounds like you raised your children with high morals and values.

I KNOW my mother would not sit in that courtroom. We were brought up where kids were not coddled or spoiled.

I am so tired of parents getting on tv and saying..."No, my child did not beat, take drugs, murder, etc." My mother would assume we might be guilty until proven innocent :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Just now on Dr. Drew, the lawyer Mark asked a question that he can't wrap his head around and a lot of us here struggle with as well.

If JA planned to go to AZ to murder TA, why/how could she have sex with him first and then slaughter him?

A panelist answered simply "She is a black widow."

Yup. It's lilke any other psycho murderer who lures his or her victim out of safety so they can kill them.

She "lulled him to sleep" (Juan Martinez) with the sex and happy visit, then struck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487