long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hinky meter went through the roof when I heard it was tri-color. I believe Jodi doesn't like women (as evidenced by her stalking, lack of real female friends, and her interactions with Detective Blaney). And Jodi has a knack of confronting women she doesn't like, or appears to be a threat to her.

I wouldn't put it past her to tell her DT to get her off the jury because she's taking too many notes, or is jealous of her hair. Maybe she saw her put too many questions in the basket?

It doesn't surprise me one bit that it's a female juror! If so, shame on the DT. I guess I'll find out more later --

MOO

Mel

I noticed last week Jodi's eyes were constantly going that direction darting back and forth. I had made a comment about it and people thought maybe she was sketching The Prosecutor. Now it is obvious what she was doing. While the defense was questioning ALV she kept track of notes juror 5 was writing I bet. Jodi seemed shifty eyed all week. Jodi had an agenda I think.

I noticed last week Jodi's eyes were constantly going that direction darting back and forth. I had made a comment about it and people thought maybe she was sketching The Prosecutor. Now it is obvious what she was doing. While the defense was questioning ALV she kept track of notes juror 5 was writing I bet. Jodi seemed shifty eyed all week. Jodi had an agenda I think.

I'm constantly amazed at how well these poor jurors remain so stoic and expressionless. I would be eye rolling all over the place.

Just curious, because I see a lot of people place "blame" on this judge, but what does this judge do or don't do that makes it so you say she "lacks in a lot of areas to be presiding over this trial".

Here are a few;

1. She has yet to start a court day on time.
2. She allows JW to openly challenge/argue/pout/stomp her foot to her rulings
3. She allows the DT to bring in testimony that have already been denied in
previous hearings
4. She has no control of her courtroom, i.e. Nurmi addresses her from behind
the table, kicked back in his pseudo lazy boy chair
5. She can't decide on either sustaining or overruling objections by the DT
without calling the attorneys to the sidebar for discussions WAY too often
6. She has allowed things into the trial such as the sex tape with Travis' words
attached with words capitalized which assigns an importance which is so
biased, she allowed RS to remain on the stand while the attorneys argued
over things such as him providing "therapy" to Jodi and then turns to him
to ask him
7. She has allowed experts to include material from sources such as Time
rather than scientific, peer reviewed material
8. She has allowed persons to testify as experts who lack the acceptable
standard qualifications
9. She allows the DT's disrespectful behavior of giggling, eye rolling and head
shaking toward the prosecutor
10. She allows the DT to take up time to discuss things that they could easily
address with her outside of court
11 She allows the DT to ask leading questions ALL the time.
12. She allows witness's to be disrespectful to the Prosecutor, argue with the
prosecutor and other behaviors that aren't appropriate for the courtroom

Plus more but what's the point:facepalm:

The univited guest part is the burglary.

"A person commits burglary in the second degree by entering or remaining unlawfully in or on a residential structure with the intent to commit any theft or any felony therein."

And, unless it could be proven otherwise she took his gun without his permission. If it's proven it was not his gun, soooooo not good either way for Jodi. jmo

WELCOME!

I've seen a few posts about Jodi paying super close attention to the jury lately--she seems to have a new interest in them & watches them closely, talks to her DT about them too.

What I find kind of funny is the way she stands there and sometimes even smiles at them as they enter the courtroom. She almost looks like she is ready to salute them.
Of course you are always supposed to show respect but I do not think that is her motive.

I'm constantly amazed at how well these poor jurors remain so stoic and expressionless. I would be eye rolling all over the place.

Me too! And I most likely would be muttering few choice words pretty regularly!

Great Post!

Sounds like you raised your children with high morals and values.

I KNOW my mother would not sit in that courtroom. We were brought up where kids were not coddled or spoiled.

I am so tired of parents getting on tv and saying..."No, my child did not beat, take drugs, murder, etc." My mother would assume we might be guilty until proven innocent :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: Times sure have changed, I agree!

My mother would be so embarrassed, I know she would never in a million years show up in a court room to support me. I think she'd even go so far as to change her name if it was a high-profile case. :jail:

I can't see any soap or loofah at all in Exhibit 147, and in Exhibit 150 there could be a loofah hanging from the rack in back of him, soap could be somewhere on the rack as well, but nowhere that I can see does he ever come close to holding either. Whatever hangs from the holder remains on the holder, imo.

Same thing with Exhibit 151; they may be on the rack in back of him but definitely not being used by Travis.

Do you see where he ever holds either?

In 147 look above his nose the soap is laying on a shelf like attached to the wall of the shower.
I do not see him touching the soap or sponge but they are there.
I was just pointing them out.
Also on my computers I can tell the shower door is closed in all the pics except the very last one of him sitting showing the full body except his head.

I do not want Tricolor to get kicked off!

JA said she owes him a lot of money. If nothing else, maybe he wants that back and he knows he won't get it WHEN she goes to prison.
Jodi has "always counted on the kindness of strangers." And for a sociopath, we are ALL strangers.

I really hope that after the taxpayers have shelled out almost $1.5 million for this trial that this judge doesn't declare a mistrial. I do think juror 5 will be removed, unless this is all nothing and Nurmi has blown it out of proportion. I can't imagine him doing that, though. Can you? :juggle: :rolleyes:

I hope Judge Stephens shuts him down with a quickness and tells him it's time to cut the shenanigans and get on with this trial.... though, I don't have a lot of faith in that happening. The DT will probably keep this up until the bitter end. I really think they think if there's a mistrial, Juan would offer a plea to spare the family from going through this again.

I don't. I don't see soap or any bubbles of any kind either.
I MAY have missed it...
IMO he was NOT "showering"
which disproves the "Jodi came back" theory.
IMO

He was under duress...
jmo:truce:

I am not trying to prove anything just saying that I see soap and sponge
I should have said IMO
Guess I can have one.

L. Kirk Nurmi, Esq.
The Law Firm of Nurmi, Wormi 'n Squirmi
The Econoline Behind the 7-Eleven
Mesa, AZ

DISTRICT COURT OF MESA, HON. SHERRY "BUFFY" STEVENS, PRESIDING.

THE STATE OF ARIZONA VS. JODI ANN ARIAS

Case No.: 123456-123

MOTION TO FOR ADJUDICATION OF MISTRIAL

Pursuant to Rules I just made up, which is a big deal, Council for the Defense hereby moves the Court to grant motion for mistrial with prejudice. The basis for this motion is as follows:

SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOING HOME UNTIL I GET A DO-OVER.

(knocks over the home version of The People's Court Board Game*, kicks pieces around and stomps off)

Dated this 1st day of April 2, 2013

pic407326_t.jpg

*Wapner Edition, because we should be so lucky to get Judge Marilyn Milan to oggle while she eviscerates the deserving.

I forgot to share that I read, and we all know, there was no stippling and/or gunshot residue on Travis thus Arias had to shoot him approx. 1-3 ft away. Consequently, Arias couldn't have shot Travis during the "Flying Nun" tackle. The autopsy report said Travis was 69 inches or 5'9". Arias reported she was 66 inches or 5' 6" (she added 1/2 inch). Travis would have had to be really below Arias to shoot him from above the right eyebrow (right slightly left) resting in the left check bone area from a min. of 3 ft away.

I sure hope I am making sense. I wish we had a mathematician who could figure it out for us hahahahha.

JMHO

Exactly. There were many things wrong with her flying nun example.

I've really wondered why the defense didn't "practice" and run through this beforehand with Jodie. One would think this was a critical, critical part of a self-defense case.

Then again, it WAS Juan's brilliance that expected her to get up and show it. Guess the DT failed on considering such a move by Juan. Oh well, I'm okay with that, hahahaha.

I really hope that after the taxpayers have shelled out almost $1.5 million for this trial that this judge doesn't declare a mistrial. I do think juror 5 will be removed, unless this is all nothing and Nurmi has blown it out of proportion. I can't imagine him doing that, though. Can you? :juggle: :rolleyes:

I hope Judge Stephens shuts him down with a quickness and tells him it's time to cut the shenanigans and get on with this trial.... though, I don't have a lot of faith in that happening. The DT will probably keep this up until the bitter end. I really think they think if there's a mistrial, Juan would offer a plea to spare the family from going through this again.

When will we know?

Here are a few;

1. She has yet to start a court day on time.
2. She allows JW to openly challenge/argue/pout/stomp her foot to her rulings
3. She allows the DT to bring in testimony that have already been denied in
previous hearings
4. She has no control of her courtroom, i.e. Nurmi addresses her from behind
the table, kicked back in his pseudo lazy boy chair
5. She can't decide on either sustaining or overruling objections by the DT
without calling the attorneys to the sidebar for discussions WAY too often
6. She has allowed things into the trial such as the sex tape with Travis' words
attached with words capitalized which assigns an importance which is so
biased, she allowed RS to remain on the stand while the attorneys argued
over things such as him providing "therapy" to Jodi and then turns to him
to ask him
7. She has allowed experts to include material from sources such as Time
rather than scientific, peer reviewed material
8. She has allowed persons to testify as experts who lack the acceptable
standard qualifications
9. She allows the DT's disrespectful behavior of giggling, eye rolling and head
shaking toward the prosecutor
10. She allows the DT to take up time to discuss things that they could easily
address with her outside of court
11 She allows the DT to ask leading questions ALL the time.
12. She allows witness's to be disrespectful to the Prosecutor, argue with the
prosecutor and other behaviors that aren't appropriate for the courtroom

Plus more but what's the point:facepalm:

I'd like to add that JSS has allowed Jodi to "sneak" papers in and out of folders at the defense table. I suspect that Jodi has been passing notes via the guards who are assigned to her. :moo:

If tri colour is kicked off she is going to be pi$$ed. She has invested her time and energy into this case, has been taking notes diligently and now this! It's not good for anyone to have as part of one's background 'Dismissed from a high profile trial due to juror misconduct'!

I am assuming she didn't do anything wrong. Even if she did make remarks which imply she is pro-prosecution, who could blame the poor girl? I think she is one of those who will speak once the trial is over regardless of whether stays or not.

The univited guest part is the burglary.

"A person commits burglary in the second degree by entering or remaining unlawfully in or on a residential structure with the intent to commit any theft or any felony therein."

And that is why I think that either he didn't know she was coming or he didn't welcome her in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member