long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:truce: Is it safe to come out? Everything I said yesterday was taken wrong lol. Has the moon started waning? :please:

Come on out. I think the coast is clear. Soon everyone will be focusing on the live stream. In the meantime, stand behind me.... I'll protect you. My Bahhhhhh, will scare them away. lol

Come on out. I think the coast is clear. Soon everyone will be focusing on the live stream. In the meantime, stand behind me.... I'll protect you. My Bahhhhhh, will scare them away. lol

LOL! :blowkiss:

Thanks for confirming. This proves she was trying to steal the paper and is also what I saw on the interrogation video. This is totally amazing. Think about it. Here she is only a day or two in jail with serious murder charges hanging over her head, and she is already breaking rules.

Combine that with what we all saw her do in the courtroom with sitting on the pad and appeared to be trying to steal either the pen or pad itself.

This crazy girl is dangerous. She has no regard for rules. I am surprised she has not already broken some serios jailhouse rule that gets her thrown in the basement solitary.

ETA: Oh yeah, she also tried to smuggle out the hidden encrypted words in the magazines. We have got to start a list of the rules she has broken so far.

BBM

The sentence in bold didn't happen.

I'd like to add that JSS has allowed Jodi to "sneak" papers in and out of folders at the defense table. I suspect that Jodi has been passing notes via the guards who are assigned to her. :moo:

To me that is soooooooooo wrong in any trial let alone a DP one.

How is Willmott supposed to stomp in her stripper heels up to the bench then?

This reminds me of the remark someone made last week about Arias "stomping her little hooves" when she doesn't get her way...still giggling over that.

And on a related note, GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! Eager to see what this sideshow brings today....:seeya:

Thanks for confirming. This proves she was trying to steal the paper and is also what I saw on the interrogation video. This is totally amazing. Think about it. Here she is only a day or two in jail with serious murder charges hanging over her head, and she is already breaking rules.

Combine that with what we all saw her do in the courtroom with sitting on the pad and appeared to be trying to steal either the pen or pad itself.

This crazy girl is dangerous. She has no regard for rules. I am surprised she has not already broken some serios jailhouse rule that gets her thrown in the basement solitary.

ETA: Oh yeah, she also tried to smuggle out the hidden encrypted words in the magazines. We have got to start a list of the rules she has broken so far.

Interrogation Video 5 @ 26:50

She tries to blow the electricity by shoving her pencil into the outlet behind her chair? At least it appears that way.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=u5lGJ72SQBM

<respectful snip for focus>

1. Thou shalt not kill.

(ETA: Don't let the avatar fool ya; I'm not the religious type... but was raised Catholic and hoo boy did this one plow her way through the 10 Commandments or what??? Thou shalt not have false gods before me. Honor thy father and mother. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wives, asses, amazing successful lives, looks, etc... Piece of work.)

And that is why I think that either he didn't know she was coming or he didn't welcome her in.

I agree, he wasn't expecting her or had told her the evening before in that very short phone call not to bother. After his May 26th email to her I can see no reason for him to even want to talk to her let alone see her.

Her whole story of going through the garage (opening a garage door makes some noise), standing around watching him and the dog doesn't even know she is there makes zero sense to me. JMO she did not park her car at the house and she most likely pulled a doggie door entrance yet again.

As to burglary, well she must have taken what she calls "Travis' knife" as it was not found at the crime scene. She also contends the gun was his as well and there is no doubt she stole his life. When JM was questioning her about her cash purchases, he pretty much made it plain she didn't have but maybe $15 left, while it is unknown if she took money, my guess is that she did. Watch the interogation tape where she steals paper and stuffs it down her jumpsuit - she is a thief and would not hesitate to take money from the man she murdered.

When did it come out that Jodi kicked her mother? Was it after it came out she called her sister dumb and stupid?

In the interrogation tapes JA says she arrived at 3 am, changes it to 4 am in testimony. I wonder why?
IMO

Come on out Tulessa...

I'll take the heat today by saying I think this Judge is doing ok. She has a full docket, starting on time, in the morning at least, maybe beyond her control since she is involved in other cases.

I think she allows the DT/expert witnesses (eye rolling, paraphrasing etc.) to do what they want because the State hasn't made a big deal about it, if JM has an objection he makes it known.

She's overruled the DT's objections just as much if not more than the State's, it seems.

But what do I know? :)

In the filing of this motion, it's said that this info did come out during the questioning of the jurors on Thursday. If the judge thought it rose to the level of a mistrial or even to the level of removing the juror, wouldn't she have done something about it then, rather than wait 3 days for the defense to file this? I mean if it were that big of a deal, it seems to me that alarm bells would've been going off in her head and Tri-color would have been gone before the defense team had time to do this.

Since they were done for the week and had the motion hearing already scheduled for this morning, my guess would be that Nurmi asked for the mistrial on the spot and the Judge said file your motion so that it would be documented and "official." Someone made the point last night that she wouldn't just kick a juror off without making a record due to the appeal process. I think that's probably right. Especially since the jury didn't have to hear any evidence between Thursday and today. jmo

I really hope that after the taxpayers have shelled out almost $1.5 million for this trial that this judge doesn't declare a mistrial. I do think juror 5 will be removed, unless this is all nothing and Nurmi has blown it out of proportion. I can't imagine him doing that, though. Can you? :juggle: :rolleyes:

I hope Judge Stephens shuts him down with a quickness and tells him it's time to cut the shenanigans and get on with this trial.... though, I don't have a lot of faith in that happening. The DT will probably keep this up until the bitter end. I really think they think if there's a mistrial, Juan would offer a plea to spare the family from going through this again.

BBM

This is a DP case and as such becomes a DT circus. After trial, if convicted and sentenced to death, there are YEARS of appeals. In order for an appeal to be heard, it has to have been raised during trial soooo we have heard LOTSA CARPOLA and probably more to come... just my :twocents:

Come on out Tulessa...

I'll take the heat today by saying I think this Judge is doing ok. She has a full docket, starting on time, in the morning at least, maybe beyond her control since she is involved in other cases.

I think she allows the DT/expert witnesses (eye rolling, paraphrasing etc.) to do what they want because the State hasn't made a big deal about it, if JM has an objection he makes it known.

She's overruled the DT's objections just as much if not more than the State's, it seems.

But what do I know? :)

I agree. This is a DP case. IMO it's best to give a wider berth to the Defense and avoid Appellate issues. We aren't privy to what the Judge says during sidebars. Based on her demeanor at times I do think she has given the Defense a few smack downs. An armchair opine from a poster who isn't a Lawyer or a Chemist :floorlaugh: Perhaps our esteemed Lawyers could weigh in.

BBM

The sentence in bold didn't happen.

JMO
Whatever she was doing in court was something sneaky. She was being very sneaky about it, whether she actually took anything or not, she had it on her mind.

Watch the sneaky pill popping too. Even if it was legal, she is sneaky and dangerous

to keep their client off death row? Well, there has been much discussion about the actions of Nurmi and Wilmott in their efforts to keep their client off of deathrow. This article is off topic but does serve as an example of just how low a defense team will go to keep a murderer off of deathrow.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20130402/APA/1304020557

If I were appointed to represent this client, I would resign first.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members