long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is why I think that either he didn't know she was coming or he didn't welcome her in.

As I understand it, the prosecution's stance is that even if someone is initially a welcome guest, the minute an altercation occurs that person is no longer welcome in the home and thus there unlawfully.

good morning everyone. I'm anxious. what is supposed to happen today?

We have a motion filed for mistrial :floorlaugh: A Juror issue. Somebody from InSession is up regarding the "autograph" issue with Juan. I suspect a full a.m. or day of this alone. MOO

If Nurmi gets his mistrial, could he still try to remove himself again as skanks counsel?

The only (purely selfish) benefit to Tri Color being kicked off the jury is getting to hear her thoughts and opinions on this trial. Surely she would do media interviews. I'm dying to hear what they think of all of this!!

Yes, but if she is as engaged with this trial as we've heard, it would be much better to have her on the jury. We can wait to hear her impressions, no?:seeya:

In case peeps are interested:

Survey: Results Suggest Neither Acquittal Nor Death Likely in Jodi Arias Murder Trial (Tanya Young Williams)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tanya-young-williams/post_4575_b_2979512.html

or

The complete survey results can be seen at: www.TanyaYoungWilliams.com

"My goal was to attract 1000 respondents to establish a credible level of confidence in the accuracy of the results. However, after one day of people sharing the links via social media and the Huffpost article, the numbers began to swell at a rate of 100 respondents per hour. The survey was available online for 3 ½ days and over 3500 people responded. The data is not scientific per se, but the results are nonetheless compelling and interesting.

At least 89% of survey respondents actually watch the trial, and 86% of respondents are very familiar with the facts of the case. The answers suggest that 95% of respondents believe that the killing was premeditated, yet, interestingly, 21% of respondents think that the killing was a "crime of passion". The 21% percent is telling because a "crime of passion" defense could have led to a voluntary manslaughter conviction which carries far less time than first degree or second degree murder."

I hope the juror is not kicked off also.....I shudder to think what DT can or would do with the information this juror could possibly say out in the media if she is kicked off....a glimpse into how one of the jurors is feeling would be cool of course....but we also know there is no way to know how all 18 feel.....I just want this to get going and be over with a conviction!!!!:banghead:

What I'm super curious about is how Nurmi got whatever info he did. Did he use the whole photo business as a set up to be able to talk to jurors individually and ask leading questions in order to do a little weeding?

Jodi knows the camera is on her most of the time. I think she just does things to upset the apple cart. She thinks it gives her some control.

I agree. Sometimes I think she does things just to mess with us. FYI I know that sounds paranoid. :eek:

Yes, yes. We're waiting anxiously for court to start today. Let's hope the Judge gets through all this misconduct carp over and done with quickly and we get on with the testimony.
Has this judge every moved quickly?? Ha ha !

During the interrogation tapes she says "I wonder if Bishop (I believe it's Lawson) dressed him
Dressed means if you are a member of the church and you have a temple recommend, when you die you are dressed in your white temple garments if you choose)
IMO if JA knew that TA had gone to the Bishop she wouldn't be saying that, so I don't think she knew he had. Of course she lies so who knows

I'm sure this has been answered before, but in LDS theology will TA be denied the highest heaven - the Celestial Kingdom - because of his sexual sin just prior to death? I can so see Jodi taunting him with that as she killed him.

Thanks for clarifying. Every shower has a soap and sponge, doesn't it? I didn't mean they weren't in the vicinity, just that at no time does Travis appear to reach for them. It wasn't a real shower, in my view.

JM got Jodi to admit--actually it wasn't hard since she told Detective Flores the same thing--that the shower door was open the whole time. That the water pressure in Travis' shower wasn't that great.

If it were closed, shouldn't we be able to see the top edge of the door in Exhibit 151? She shoots from a low vantage point and you can see all the way to the ceiling! If we were allowed to post crime pics it'd be easier to have this discussion. But I respect and appreciate your point of view. Heaven knows I get things wrong all the time.

I am so done with the shower pics, have been for awhile.
I disregard what JA says, believe what JM says to make his case.

Wonder why the door is open in all the pics except the face shot where u can see the water running down the shower door and then next pic the door is clearly open?
Anyway I will never know the truth of that day just hope the jury finds her guilt y of pre med and this trial is over with soon.

Yes, that's a possibility as well. Assuming she was an invited guest, they could have made a previous arrangement for her to not park by the house. Because her cell phone was turned off, it's more difficult to track her intentions as it seems odd that she wouldn't call as she was getting close. Heck, nowadays - people are incessantly on their cell phones; e.g., "I'm 5 blocks away - okay, I'm 2 blocks away - okay, now I'm at the end of the street - I'm walking and I'm calling you from the driveway - okay, now I'm on your porch - oh, there you are - I'm talking to you as I see you opening the door, and so on."

The problem I see with her statement is that she lied about parking in the driveway. If she was an invited guest, not only would the truth have been the easiest thing to say, but it also would have been more helpful to her story of Travis not wanting to be seen with her in public if she had said there was a prearrangement for her to park down the road.

So, either way (invited or not invited), this is extremely important in my opinion. It is a key element to premeditation because she lied about it. If she was invited, why didn't she just say she did not park in the driveway because of a prearranged plan, or that she decided on her own to park down the street to avoid being seen by his roommates, or there was no room in the driveway, or that she didn't want to block his roommates' cars. Anything but lying shows there was at least a reason for doing what she did other than premeditation of a murder.

Great points.

One of the things that makes me think she came there totally uninvited and may have even snuck into the house and surprised Travis is when she testified that she was in his room snooping at him and the dog made a noise or something which got her busted by him.

I know we cant believe much of what she says, but that part rung true to me. I wondered if she was contemplating killing him right away until the dog busted her.

If Nurmi gets his mistrial, could he still try to remove himself again as skanks counsel?

Not a Lawyer but I do believe Nurmi is under no obligation to continue representing her. I don't think we will see a mistrial. Pretty standard to file these motions. IMO

It would be interesting to read all the text messages and e-mails they sent to each other from May 26 to June 4. If we had all of those, I think we could easily figure out whether he knew she was coming or not.

I would pay big money to have access to all of those!

What I'm super curious about is how Nurmi got whatever info he did. Did he use the whole photo business as a set up to be able to talk to jurors individually and ask leading questions in order to do a little weeding?

Exactly!!:rocker:

Dunno if he could but I wonder why he would. At $225 an hour, another long trial would allow him to retire when it is done.

Is JA's commisary (or whatever it's called) purchases available to the public? TIA.

Good question, and I hope that someone has the answer. I recall seeing Casey's commissary purchases during her incarceration. CA liked cheese curls :)

Jody probably buys Tootsie Pops, Pop Rocks, Toblerones, and K-Y. :lol:

I hope the juror is not kicked off also.....I shudder to think what DT can or would do with the information this juror could possibly say out in the media if she is kicked off....a glimpse into how one of the jurors is feeling would be cool of course....but we also know there is no way to know how all 18 feel.....I just want this to get going and be over with a conviction!!!!:banghead:

Tri-Color (or is it Strawberry Shortcake?) must be a real threat to JA! But the real threat to the Prosecution is the tattle-tale who ratted Tri-Color out! It only takes one juror, sigh!

On another note, I wish the Judge would tell AVL to stop smiling at the jurors every time she gets a chance! It's infuriating!

Dunno if he could but I wonder why he would. At $225 an hour, another long trial would allow him to retire when it is done.

IIRC Nurmi went into Private Practice. Tried to get off this case due to this. I believe he is being paid what he would charge if he was working at his Practise. My recollection anyhoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo