Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery by Robert Kolker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it serves us well to share our personal judgements about either prostitutes or their customers, here. Nor does it serve us to well to delve into personal family dynamics. Which is not to say we aren't all entitled to our viewpoints on these subject, we certainly are. I'm simply suggesting that when we get caught up in morality issues, we lose sight of the real reason we are here...to try to find some justice for these murdered women.

JMO

For me, it's not a matter of taking the high road...it's simply a matter of priorities. And trying to stay focused.

But that's just me.

IMO, the "how" they ended up dead and at the hands of "whom," may lie in the "why" and "when" they became prostitutes. Especially given that this killer seems to enjoy contacting direct family members and the odd "coincidence" that one of the GB4's best friend's mother was murdered and disposed of in a very similar way and nearby OP.

IMO, the "how" they ended up dead and at the hands of "whom," may lie in the "why" and "when" they became prostitutes. Especially given that this killer seems to enjoy contacting direct family members and the odd "coincidence" that one of the GB4's best friend's mother was murdered and disposed of in a very similar way and nearby OP.

Is this true? Are there any links? How odd.. :abduction:

Is this true? Are there any links? How odd.. :abduction:
http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/

In the comments, AB says that she was friends with MW and her mother was murdered, too.

(See the thread for other "possible victims" Rita Tangredi Beinlich. "1994 RITA TANGREDI-BEINLICH, 31, of East Patchogue died from strangulation in Blue Point, body discovered in different locations. No other information.")

However, Newsday states this was 1993:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/li-life/wanted-1.456672

Prior to McNamee's disappearance, the body of Rita Tangredi-Beinlich, 31,

was found on Nov. 3, 1993, in a wooded area off Esplande Drive in East

Patchogue, police said. She also had been strangled. Tangredi- Beinlich was

last seen hitchhiking the evening before on Montauk Highway, east of County

Road 101, in East Patchogue.

Both women had frequented the East Patchogue area and had been arrested for

prostitution. According to police, their murders have been linked.

Anyone with information about this crime, or the subjects involved, is

asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.

Hmmm...

What is that an image of on the tv in this photo from her fb page???

804398_119149484937111_1216449665_n.jpg

http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/

In the comments, AB says that she was friends with MW and her mother was murdered, too.

(See the thread for other "possible victims" Rita Tangredi Beinlich. "1994 RITA TANGREDI-BEINLICH, 31, of East Patchogue died from strangulation in Blue Point, body discovered in different locations. No other information.")

However, Newsday states this was 1993:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/li-life/wanted-1.456672

Prior to McNamee's disappearance, the body of Rita Tangredi-Beinlich, 31,

was found on Nov. 3, 1993, in a wooded area off Esplande Drive in East

Patchogue, police said. She also had been strangled. Tangredi- Beinlich was

last seen hitchhiking the evening before on Montauk Highway, east of County

Road 101, in East Patchogue.

Both women had frequented the East Patchogue area and had been arrested for

prostitution. According to police, their murders have been linked.

Anyone with information about this crime, or the subjects involved, is

asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.

Just to be accurate, AB was friends with Melissa, not Megan. Which makes it even MORE interesting that Melissa's sister was contacted by LISK several times. To the best of my knowledge, he never contacted the families of his other 3 victims. Makes me wonder if he actually knew Melissa outside of business.

Just to be accurate, AB was friends with Melissa, not Megan. Which makes it even MORE interesting that Melissa's sister was contacted by LISK several times. To the best of my knowledge, he never contacted the families of his other 3 victims. Makes me wonder if he actually knew Melissa outside of business.

Bingo! If we separate the GB4 and focus on their case only, it seems to me that Melissa (and Amanda IMO) are the best clues LE has; that and MB's boyfriend/pimp. Kolker's book helped me to narrow my focus to the GB4. It was worth the $$$.

Hmmm...

I must be out of the loop. "Her FB page?" Whose? She looks very familiar but my mind is out to lunch right now. And whose or what image is on the TV?

Hmmm...

I saw that too. Thought it was a woman under water. I zoomed in on it because it was so creepy.

Correct and I was trying so hard to be so precise. Those "M" initials have been a problem since this case became public.

TF, that Facebook page belongs to the daughter of Tina Beinlich and she was MB's friend, too.

Anyone think this AB looks like Megan W (GB4) and or Molly Jean Dilts, of the AC4?

There is a personal message to these killings.

I am sure many of you have read the book, I just finished it yesterday. It was excellent and I really appreciated how he focused on these girls, who they were, their childhoods, their pasts, and their future plans. It was about time someone took the time to humanize them.

What stood out most is that ALL of them had risk factors in their lives found in most girls that find themselves trafficked or in the life. Lack of education making them financially vulnerable, young mothers, daughters of young mothers themselves, "unstable" family lives, foster care. It was heartbreaking to read and I could see how each of them could be vulnerable and lured hoping to be financially stable or like Amber, have a family. And the Internet made it THAT much easier, it changed the whole game. Quick, fast, money. No need to "walk" the streets, no need for a pimp. Nothing. Although the girls were aware of the risks, the internet seems to sanitize it, make it seem safer, easier, in a false way of course.

The book was excellent. And I do not for one minute believe that Shannan just so happened to die "accidentally" mere feet from the bodies of four other sex workers with ads on Craig's List. I do not know who did it, the cast of characters is so bizarre, but I do believe the killer is/was a resident of Oak Beach or at the very least Long Island.

I am with you, Spice, and enjoying your posts. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought it online finally, and am waiting for it to arrive. I've read all of his interviews about the book and just never got around to purchasing it until now. From the preview pages alone that I've been able to read on Amazon it's cleared up some timeline questions I've always had.

I need to get this on audio.

It would make a great bedtime story as I love falling to sleep with ID discovery.

It is the narration that puts me out.

I need to get this on audio.

It would make a great bedtime story as I love falling to sleep with ID discovery.

It is the narration that puts me out.

hahahahah I sleep really well with ID channel in the background - I can't thank them enough! lol!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back