LP Asks “Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read they had samples from George, Lee and Cindy.

It sure doesn't prove incest. IMO. People are way off the mark. Not saying there isn't any but this hair thing doesn't prove it.

I don't think this thread is about "proving incest" or micochrondrial DNA samples.... it's more about speculating WHY LP would say something like that. I am sure he has inside information on some things that we have no idea about and has talked in person to all the LE. I didn't like him much when he appeared to first bond casey out but I do believe his intentions were good and he's grown on me. Yes, he has said a lot but that is perhaps the different directions that LE has gone too..... who really knows?

Caylee looked majorly like Cindy -could explain it though...I don't believe it either but still

My grand daughter looks exactly like me when I was a child, but I am not her mother and there is no way my son is the father, he was in another state when my daughter became pregnant. :hand:

I understand what you are saying. What I don't understand is that a very similar thread was deleted yesterday and we were told that any further discussion could get us banned.

Sooooooooo...what makes this any different? I just deleted my first comment to this thread as I really am going on my general knowledge of this subject which could or could not be relevant to this case. :silenced:

Point well taken. No idea why this thread is allowed but the other not if it was about the exact same subject.... you should PM the mod and ask.

snipped...

my background is in psych and this was actually my thought too...

But why does it have to mean incest? It could be rape from a person outside the fam.

Still doesn't prove incest.

Point well taken. No idea why this thread is allowed but the other not if it was about the exact same subject.... you should PM the mod and ask.

was there an actual statement made to the media prior or was it just WS's speculations?

having read most of TP's answers to questions in that particular thread I am convinced that LP has many "tricks up his sleeve" , as he probably does with any case he is working on
......TP said to watch what he DOES and not what he SAYS.....(or something like that) ......guess we'll see..........but I like those guys and I trust them , along with LE and TES..........GO , GUYS!! (and , of course, gals included!)

But why does it have to mean incest? It could be rape from a person outside the fam.

Still doesn't prove incest.

you're certainly right about that. i just see how it could be possible given her behavior and the cold hard statistics about incest.

July 1999 Volume 1 Number 2

Mitochondrial DNA Analysis at the FBI Laboratory

Alice R. Isenberg
Forensic Examiner/Biologist
Jodi M. Moore
Biologist

DNA Analysis Unit II
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Washington, DC

Introduction

The FBI Laboratory began conducting studies on the feasibility of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) analysis for human identity testing in the late 1980s. Laboratory research began on a protocol for using mtDNA sequencing in forensic casework in 1992. After the sequencing technique was validated, examinations on evidentiary samples began in June 1996.

MtDNA sequencing is often used in cases where biological evidence may be degraded or small in quantity. Cases in which hairs, bones, or teeth are the only evidence retrieved from a crime scene are particularly well-suited to mtDNA analysis. Missing persons cases can benefit from mtDNA testing when skeletonized remains are recovered and compared to samples from the maternal relatives or personal effects of missing individuals. Also, hairs recovered at crime scenes can often be used to include or exclude individuals using mtDNA testing. This review will examine the process of mitochondrial DNA typing, including the interpretation of results, the phenomenon of heteroplasmy, the mtDNA population database, presentation of mtDNA population statistics, quality assurance issues, and testimonial experience.

Back to the topical list

Mitochondrial DNA Background

Mitochondrial DNA differs from nuclear DNA in its location, its sequence, its quantity in the cell, and its mode of inheritance (Figure 1). The nucleus of the cell contains two sets of 23 chromosomes—one paternal set and one maternal set. However, cells may contain hundreds to thousands of mitochondria, each of which may contain several copies of mtDNA. Nuclear DNA has many more bases than mtDNA, but mtDNA is present in many more copies than nuclear DNA. This characteristic of mtDNA is useful in situations where the amount of DNA in a sample is very limited. Typical sources of DNA recovered from crime scenes include hair, bones, teeth, and body fluids such as saliva, semen, and blood.

In humans, mitochondrial DNA is inherited strictly from the mother (Case and Wallace 1981; Giles et al. 1980; Hutchison et al. 1974). Thus, the mtDNA sequences obtained from maternally related individuals, such as a brother and a sister or a mother and a daughter, will exactly match each other in the absence of a mutation (Figure 2). This characteristic of mtDNA is advantageous in missing persons cases as reference mtDNA samples can be supplied by any maternal relative of the missing individual (Ginther et al. 1992; Holland et al. 1993; Stoneking et al. 1991). However, mtDNA analysis is limited when compared to nuclear DNA analysis in that it cannot discriminate between individuals of the same maternal lineage.

LP is talking out of his A@@

I think Caylee looks more like Cindy then anyone in the family. IMHO

I agree!!!! And the fact that Cindy said very early on, that Casey was always jealous of the close knit relationship Cindy had with Caylee from the day she was born, played in my theory of premeditated murder.

According to Cindy, the strife between her and Casey over Caylee started right after Casey gave birth and the doc handed CINDY the baby before Casey had a chance to hold her. She said Casey never forgave Cindy for that and always accused Cindy of trying to be Caylee's mom.

Caylee looking SOOOO much like Cindy was probably (just assuming here) another reason Casey was aching to do something bad to Caylee in order to spite her mother.

And don't forget, Casey and Cindy were fighting during the time Caylee went missing.

Look at it this way...IIRC LP had some woman on his staff that was living inside that home for awhile. Could she have related some observations or something she heard to LP?

I didn't like the man at first. Now I do. IMHO he is totally honest. When he makes a mistake he admits it. That takes a big person. No one else in this case that appears to have been taken in by Ms.Casey's lies does that. He knows more than we think he does, IMHO

He said he was speculating.

When you are on news channels being interviewed as a "player" your speculations carry weight.

I don't have a clue who Caylee's father is. All who have said incest happens are right. Maybe LP's speculations are fact. I would hope that nobody would cast such an ugly smear on Lee without factual basis.

But, I think if LP was expressing thoughts based upon misunderstanding what he heard about the DNA, it would have been better for him to have kept his suspicion to himself.

If he is wrong, that is not a nice rumor to have spread. If Lee isn't Caylee's father, Lee has been victimized even further.

IMO

68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn.gif

:floorlaugh: Too funny, Dr!!!

I keep getting dropped by my computer...

I saw a photo of GA cutting Caylee's cord and I thought it was, well, odd! What daughter would want their father in the delivery room with them. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want my father seeing me that way! Perhaps Casey was more comfortable with it than I would have been...

That said, I think it is irresponsible of JP to make such a statement knowing it would cause a stir...

Nemont - where did you see this photo? Thank you.

Picture14.png

Personally I think if Shrek had fathered Casey with Cindy instead of George.. Casey would have looked better.

I started it meaning to refer to why on earth would LP say this -wanted to discuss that rather than the unlikely and sickening question of paternity which is less interesting

my fault, I didn't realise sorry -plus it wasn't really the paternity but the new article I was referring to and what LP goes around saying believing it worth discussion

having read most of TP's answers to questions in that particular thread I am convinced that LP has many "tricks up his sleeve" , as he probably does with any case he is working on
......TP said to watch what he DOES and not what he SAYS.....(or something like that) ......guess we'll see..........but I like those guys and I trust them , along with LE and TES..........GO , GUYS!! (and , of course, gals included!)

Yes, this is the intrigue

Hey y'all. I was just wondering if someone would mind PMing me maybe a summary of what has happened since fri. night. I live in Louisiana and we were hit by Gustav so, today is my first day back at work with power and internet and there are just soo many pages to read through. I don't think I'll have the time, so if some one wouldnt mind giving me a brief summary I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980