LP's Confidence

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LP made it sound like the two PI's were out there together on the videotape excursion. Now DC says they weren't together. LP has muddied the waters and confused everyone. I don't hate the guy, but it would be nice if he would remove himself from the case. If this info. had come out through other sources, I bed it would have been more clear from the beginning.

LP made it sound like the two PI's were out there together on the videotape excursion. Now DC says they weren't together. LP has muddied the waters and confused everyone. I don't hate the guy, but it would be nice if he would remove himself from the case. If this info. had come out through other sources, I bed it would have been more clear from the beginning.

Let's think about this. DC is now going on record, and distancing himself from Hoover. Why would he want to do that? DC also mentions that he told Hoover that filming there (according to him, he was there to verify it was a teen hangout site) was "inappropriate." (a.k.a. I want you to think, I'm the good guy and I reprimanded Hoover for being "inappropriate"). hmmmm:rolleyes: There is not a thing inappropriate about filming a teen hangout site.

Bounty hunters aren't "trained" to do anything but pick up poor, dumb people who are either too scared or more often too drunk and stupid to appear in court for their hearing - you pick them up, you take them to court and then you rebond them and send them back out. If you can read a map you can be a bounty hunter. Secondly, getting a diploma from a store front diploma mill isn't exactly the same as receiving a law degree. Neither singly nor together do these credentials add up to anything more than exactly what we're doing here - speculating, guessing and discussing various aspects of the case. There is nothing wrong with that unless you happen to have a penchant for the tv camera and spout off theories that do nothing but muddle and poison the jury pool.

All I know is LP is a bounty hunter and he finished law school. He is trained to find people that the LE can't. He must have skills and investigative training in order to do so. They do not have to be pure as the driven snow to get their job done. They have to have connections and they have to be able to talk to people or have people that are ble to befriend those that may have inside info. From the beginning of the case, I have maintained that he is on LE's side not kc's, never was. He was inserted to get info. Mission accomplished. Bounty Hunter's frame of reference is custody-oriented. Why wouldn't it be?

LP is not trained to find people LE can't. LP goes after people who skip bail, etc. It is not that LE can't find these people - it more often the fact that LE does not have the resources and/or manpower to focus on every single person who does not show up for court. They are also out there enforcing the laws, protecting people and trying to solve each and every case that comes their way. LP may be a good bounty hunter, I mean he says he is :) but please don't think he is doing a job that LE doesn't know how to do - he can focus on one person at a time - LE has to focus on an entire community - in this case OCSO deals with all of Orange County.

Sorry, I hate it when I think someone is saying LP does things better than LE - if I misread your post, my apologies, but my husband was LE for over 3o years and I tend to get 'protective' of the men and women who serve in LE.

Correct me if I am wrong here but I always thought that what a bounty hunter did was post bail when bail can be posted and then if the person skips out on court it is the bounty hunters job to find the person that he bailed out of jail and have them report in front of a judge and if they dont get them in a set amount of time then they are out the original bail money...So they are in essence finding the person that they trusted would not skip out in the first place or it will cost them money.

am I wrong in my thought.

LP is not trained to find people LE can't. LP goes after people who skip bail, etc. It is not that LE can't find these people - it more often the fact that LE does not have the resources and/or manpower to focus on every single person who does not show up for court. They are also out there enforcing the laws, protecting people and trying to solve each and every case that comes their way. LP may be a good bounty hunter, I mean he says he is :) but please don't think he is doing a job that LE doesn't know how to do - he can focus on one person at a time - LE has to focus on an entire community - in this case OCSO deals with all of Orange County.

Sorry, I hate it when I think someone is saying LP does things better than LE - if I misread your post, my apologies, but my husband was LE for over 3o years and I tend to get 'protective' of the men and women who serve in LE.
So far, I have heard one "prediction" of LP's that appears accurate. Out of the plethora of theories he has proffered, "...baby is dead....baby is deceased..." is the only one to be proven, thusfar.

I watched the videos of LP on cnn that Patty put up and I have to say I think he sounded sincere. That does not mean that I have sided with everything he has said. Some of the things he's said I have agreed with and some have left me scratching my head, some left me saying what????!! However I do think his heart is in the right place. And he is honest about loving publicity. I heard him say that I think on that special "When Caylee Vanished" (can't swear to that). So I give him props for honesty. I do not hold his loving publicity against him as he is honest about it. I count him among the white hats in this tragedy. MOO

Correct me if I am wrong here but I always thought that what a bounty hunter did was post bail when bail can be posted and then if the person skips out on court it is the bounty hunters job to find the person that he bailed out of jail and have them report in front of a judge and if they dont get them in a set amount of time then they are out the original bail money...So they are in essence finding the person that they trusted would not skip out in the first place or it will cost them money.

am I wrong in my thought.

Bounty hunters do not post the bond. They find the people who skipped out on the bond or failed to make an appearance in court. They actually work FOR the bondsmen.
It is not always as simple as reading a map or just going to their house to pick them up. Sometimes they have to do some real investigation work to find them. People who skip out on their bail do not always stay in known locations, they HIDE because they don't want to be found.

I watched the videos of LP on cnn that Patty put up and I have to say I think he sounded sincere. That does not mean that I have sided with everything he has said. Some of the things he's said I have agreed with and some have left me scratching my head, some left me saying what????!! However I do think his heart is in the right place. And he is honest about loving publicity. I heard him say that I think on that special "When Caylee Vanished" (can't swear to that). So I give him props for honesty. I do not hold his loving publicity against him as he is honest about it. I count him among the white hats in this tragedy. MOO

I agree with your post. I think his heart is in the right place.
Problem is that when he is on NG, she cuts him off and doesn't give him a chance to finish or explain what he is talking about.
Yes, he's had a lot of theories that haven't been proven, or were proved wrong. So have a lot of other people. But when he says something is a fact, or someone told him something, you can take it as fact.
I listen to what he has to say, just like I listen to all the TH's on any of these shows. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. But it is food for thought and discussion.

I have never taken anything LP has said with more than a grain of salt. He really has nothing to do with this case other than he bailed out casey. Period. I do not believe he was ever allowed to hang around casey for any period without someone from JB's gang there and I don't believe she ever spoke to him about anything significant. She was instructed strictly, not to. Look, LP is about promoting himself. This case is a fantastic vehicle for that becuase it is so high profile. LP likes to make statements as if they are fact and I think he does so not with any inside knowledge, but merely to create controversy. He does not seem to care if the statements are correct or not. People keep giving him airtime, what does he care?
"Oh, yeah, she made a mistake, kid's alive. Get her a hot shower, a manicure, she'll tell who she left Caylee with." This was despite all the evidence that Caylee had been decomposing in mom's trunk. Then, "casey put Caylee right here in the little Econ river. We'll put divers in and get her today." This was despite the fact that that portion of the river had already been searched and scanned with sonar. Also despite the fact that mothers typically dispose of their children's corpses within a mile or two from home, not 6. LE and TM were so disgusted by this. I think TM left the search due to this, in part, because he did not want to be part of the exploitative circus this stunt was causing.
These are just a couple of examples of the wind LP blows. He has no inside knowledge of what's on casey's computer, what she said to her family when she was out of jail, nor of any connection between any parties or third parties in this case, and neither LE nor any of the defense entourage is giving this guy any info. You know, LP’s nephew seems respectable and I am not saying that LP himself is a bad person. I think he was sincerely touched when Caylee was found. But, I don't think he has anything of value to add to this case except publicity for Caylee. However, publicity is one thing this case does not seem to need much of.

Problem is that when he is on NG, she cuts him off and doesn't give him a chance to finish or explain what he is talking about.
Yes, he's had a lot of theories that haven't been proven, or were proved wrong. So have a lot of other people. But when he says something is a fact, or someone told him something, you can take it as fact.
I listen to what he has to say, just like I listen to all the TH's on any of these shows. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. But it is food for thought and discussion.

But, he said Caylee was alive. He said it as a fact. I could not take that as a fact then and obviously, it was not one. He also said, as a fact, that Caylee was in the little Econ. Also, not true. So, with respect, how can we take anything this man says as fact, simply because he states it is so?

Exactly, weigh each comment as it comes. Who can ever say I will agree with everything this other person says or does always. It doesn't happen that way in life. MOO

I think LP muddies the waters also -- he seems to be able to spin tales like .....well, like Casey does!! lol I think he makes up as he goes -- for publicity/entertainment (???). While I sometimes think he is funny, he also irritates me, and I could do with a lot less LP theories and airtime.

Let's think about this. DC is now going on record, and distancing himself from Hoover. Why would he want to do that? DC also mentions that he told Hoover that filming there (according to him, he was there to verify it was a teen hangout site) was "inappropriate." (a.k.a. I want you to think, I'm the good guy and I reprimanded Hoover for being "inappropriate"). hmmmm:rolleyes: There is not a thing inappropriate about filming a teen hangout site.

ITA. It was appropriate for Casey to video-tape but innappropriate for Hoover to take pictures? wtf?!

I don't think one way or another about LP. When I see him on TV I just listen to what he has to say but nine times out of ten I can't follow his logic or theory. But as I have said before that it could just be me.

Now, what I found very interesting is the level of anger that he showed in the CNN HL interview on Jan 01, 2009 when another guest questioned the validity of his theory. His level of anger made me raise my eyebrows for a second.

Let us not forget when LP was CERTAIN Caylee was in the dumpster and then the dump............

jmho.

ITA. It was appropriate for Casey to video-tape but innappropriate for Hoover to take pictures? wtf?!

I believe what DC was saying is that he went there to check out the area and Hoover showed up and started filming. DC is a 'private' investigator, he likely did not want his investigation filmed and felt it was inappropriate for Hoover to do so. It sounds to me like DC and Hoover might have bumped heads a few times.

Let us not forget when LP was CERTAIN Caylee was in the dumpster and then the dump............

jmho.

Yep, saying something to the effect of "mark my words, that dumpster is going to play a big role in this..."

All I know is LP is a bounty hunter and he finished law school. He is trained to find people that the LE can't. He must have skills and investigative training in order to do so. They do not have to be pure as the driven snow to get their job done. They have to have connections and they have to be able to talk to people or have people that are ble to befriend those that may have inside info. From the beginning of the case, I have maintained that he is on LE's side not kc's, never was. He was inserted to get info. Mission accomplished. Bounty Hunter's frame of reference is custody-oriented. Why wouldn't it be?

I didn't know LP went to law school. I believe as you say they buddy up with people and keep their ears open when no one thinks they're listening. He has blown alot of hot air,but to those who think he's of no use consider this. FBH overheard KC say, "They haven't even found the clothes." That's about as incriminating as it gets. FBH was asking for immunity, so she must have something worthwhile to add.
I was mad when LP let the little monster out, but now I'm kind of glad he's inserted himself into this case, as he's actually making the A's squirm alittle, IMO. I also believe he does know more but is holding out for a book offer or some more face time and interviews. Either way, he did help put the nails in KC's possible coffin if she gets DP, or he's a thorn in all of their sides, by saying Lee told his parents not to take lie detector test. :too much info:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb