Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Joel Watts apparently works for the Philippe-Pinel Institute in Montreal, a mental institute for the criminally insane. He was sent over to Berlin with LE to accompany LM back to Canada.

Not sure when he actually had the opportunity to interview him and get his testimony about the murder. And once again, are we going to find out that this interview was not videotaped?

https://www.pinel.qc.ca/Profile.aspx?NavID=4463&CultureCode=fr-CA

The two men took some Temazepam, an anti-anxiety pill, and Lin asked Magnotta to tie him up, Allard reported.

That’s when Magnotta started to worry that Lin had been sent by the government because Magnotta had participated in the student demonstrations happening regularly in Quebec that spring.
Sue Montgomery
http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/magnotta-thought-lin-jun-was-an-agent-for-government

Magnotta was the first to be tied up . . .

During a sex break, Magnotta thought he saw a black car parked outside his building and became paranoid about a government conspiracy involving Lin.

Allard said Magnotta began hearing voices telling him to tie up Lin and to “cut it” and to “do it, he’s from the government.”
Sidhartha Banerjee
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/magnot...in-was-gov-t-agent-sent-to-kill-him-1.2097081

What's up with that? If we go back to the beginning, while the jury was shown the videos, including the trailer, was it clarified to them that it was done a couple of weeks before the murder? I really don't remember that being pointed out. Nor the posts by various aliases hyping the "film" before it was made.

There weren't any tweets about that, just the video he released online and the unedited footage the police found on the laptop. No_Stone_Unturned received a response from a reporter saying they had seen it, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe they misunderstood the question or something, as there is nothing mentioned about it anywhere :thinking:

Oh, he wasn't tied to the bed?? LM is braver than I thought, then!

He may have been,but don't see it in vid,it goes from mysteryman tied,moving,then cuts (no pun intended) to JL,already dead/stabbed in torso.But as he edited his little claim to fame,cant say for sure,not sure if its been mentioned in trial?as they had the misfortune of watching the uncut version.....

Here are the tweets I've found about JL possibly being tied up.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
#Magnotta started hearing voices, to tie #JunLin up, voices laughing.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 10m10 minutes ago
#Magnotta thought he was being spied on. Lin asked to be tied to bed. M began thinking Lin sent by govt to kill him

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
#Magnotta and #JunLin drank wine, had sex, #Magnotta was first to be tied to bed, started sex but #Magnotta told him to stop,going too fast.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1m 1 minute ago
#Magnotta took Temazepam, #JunLin asked him to tie him up in bed. #Magnotta heard voices, that #JunLin was govnt agent, "Cut it."

:doh:

Here are the tweets I've found about JL possibly being tied up.

Of course,remember reading that now,thanks...................theres just so much to take in !

I wonder if the police found the restraints in the garbage and tested them for DNA... I can't remember them being mentioned.

The fact Dr. Allard is not a good forensic psychiatrist probably translates why her track record as a defence witness is poor.

American Psycho, Paul & Karla's favourite movie

A little off topic,but...American Psycho starring Christian Bale? How could that be Karla and Paul's favourite film??? He been locked up since 1993,the film wasn't released until 2000?!?

The fact Dr. Allard is not a good forensic psychiatrist probably translates why her track record as a defence witness is poor.

Personally I thought her "approach" (or lack thereof) to this case is the reason why she is a sought after "expert" for defense teams with guilty clients.

MOO

If the trailer has NOT been played for the jury an has not been brought up by the crown, could it be because it was excluded as evidence for whatever reason? Maybe there is not a way technically to link that in 100% fact it was LM that posted it, or something like that...,

Also, we still don't know who it was that LM was calling in the 705, right after he murdered JL... Wonder why the crown hasn't brought that up too... Excluded from evidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little off topic,but...American Psycho starring Christian Bale? How could that be Karla and Paul's favourite film??? He been locked up since 1993,the film wasn't released until 2000?!?

That's true. I have no idea whether the actual book and the hype over that was something they may have known about. I really know nothing about them. Believe it or not I did not follow trials then lol.

But the promises of mutilation, necrophilia and cannibalism that LM advertised and delivered on are certainly prominent in that story. It seems like it was almost a combination of that and Basic Instinct that he was going for.

And for reasons I'm not sure of, I really don't think the "trailer" was let into the case. Maybe because they can't prove it was him? It never came up with Allard, which means the defense didnt see a need to minimize or explain it. I do not think that evidence is in.

MOO

If the trailer has NOT been played for the jury an has not been brought up by the crown, could it be because it was excluded as evidence for whatever reason? Maybe there is not a way technically to link that in 100% fact it was LM that posted it, or something like that...,

Also, we still don't know who it was that LM was calling in the 705, right after he murdered JL... Wonder why the crown hasn't brought that up too... Excluded from evidence?

Reading my mind lol. I just posted about the trailer. The phone calls? I wouldn't think they could bring them in at all unless they plan to discuss them?

I'm so confused with the way this is going and with the fact that there seems to be so many gaps in the testimony not being covered.

:waitasec:

I'd have thought they could prove it was him, it has a clear shot of the Casablanca poster:

hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Also in that last picture you can kind of see the screwdriver that was entered into evidence:
tumblr_inline_ncq7iie1061sd4be9.jpg

Link to the YouTube channel the trailers were uploaded to:
http://m.youtube.com/user/alexisvaloranreich

Same title as the murder video, same poster, same screwdriver, same floppy wig - but posted on YouTube 10 days before the murder. This REALLY should be evidence.

It even has this in the description:
Published on 15 May 2012
Discussion on the real snuff film "1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick" Video

Were these trailer photos even found on his camera or laptop?

Very confused about this, as if any of this has been shown, it must have barely been mentioned for me to miss it. And this is all pretty critical to proving premeditation.

I'd have thought they could prove it was him, it has a clear shot of the Casablanca poster:

View attachment 63489
View attachment 63490

Also in that last picture you can kind of see the screwdriver that was entered into evidence:
View attachment 63491

Link to the YouTube channel the trailers were uploaded to:
http://m.youtube.com/user/alexisvaloranreich

Same title as the murder video, same poster, same screwdriver, same floppy wig - but posted on YouTube 10 days before the murder. This REALLY should be evidence.

It even has this in the description:

Were these trailer photos even found on his camera or laptop?

Very confused about this, as if any of this has been shown, it must have barely been mentioned for me to miss it. And this is all pretty critical to proving premeditation.

Thanks Fairy!!!
I have not watched the trailer or the murder video, are the screen shots you have posted from the trailer it the murder video?

WTH? He used the female name of John Mark Karr for this account? The guy who falsely admitted to killing Jon Benet Ramsay for his 15 minutes of infamy?!?

He must have spent all day every day combing the Internet looking at murder sites, forums, news articles. And not for good to try to catch these scum and get justice for their victims but because he identified with and idolized the perps.

Who would have known that is the transsexual name JMK uses other than a true crime follower? I didn't know, had to look it up. Didn't know who John Killbride was either.

Does the VPN program he had also allow for private browsing that creates no history? And why on earth would either of those have been created or allowed to be marketed? If you want privacy, don't go on the Internet. If you need it, you're up to no good.

MOO

Personally I thought her "approach" (or lack thereof) to this case is the reason why she is a sought after "expert" for defense teams with guilty clients.

MOO

I think so, too. She just kept repeating what the defence wanted her to say. It is unethical (IMO), but it is why she is paid to do what she did.

About privacy, lack of search history: he had a program that 'erased' this stuff installed on his computer. It is also fairly easy to just delete browsing history, cookies, temporary internet files, etc.
But this is what gets me... did LE not LOOK?!? Especially at the temporary internet files (which are easily missed). Cached images, etc. I kind of get the impression that LE wasn't very thorough with either computer. Like they looked for 'key words' and dates, but never really went through the laptops with a fine tune comb.

Or maybe Leclair just had a whole LOT of useful, incriminating stuff thrown out. . .

So according to this article he did pay for the Novotel for the entire 9 nights. Which means he booked an Air & Hotel package online. Now as the astute tweeter today noted, if he had plans to move to Paris anyway on June 1st, why would he book a vacation package with a return flight? So LE would assume that he was in Paris for the entire 9 days? And of course, why would he automatically book another hotel the same night under his new alias? (claiming the other was too expensive? He PAID FOR IT ALREADY!)

Oh I know...don't try to apply logic. :floorlaugh:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...d-by-film-basic-instinct-crown-says-1.2834542

MOO

Yep...just tried to book the same flight and hotel on the same website as he did for next May 26th and it came out to about $1650 CDN for the flight and hotel. So it was entirely intentional for him to appear to be going on a "vacation" that he would return from with the actual intention of blending into Europe with a new identity after having to use his own to get there.

I believe it was him that told Allard that his intention to go to France was to move there and start a new life? Well his booking didn't reflect that at all. Well at least not to the LE agencies trying to locate him. So clever that illogical Luka is when he's in a psychotic state. ;)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members