Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better known to some as Charles de Gaulle airport.

While many transAtlantic flights are indeed out of Toronto, there are many direct international flights out of Montreal to french-speaking countries, France in particular.

Airlines flying direct from YUL to CDG include:

Air Canada
Air Transat
Lufthansa
Air France
Delta (operated by Air France)

The flight takes about 6 hours 40 minutes. They all appear to be 'red eyes', taking off in the evening in Canada (earliest one is ~5:30 pm; the latest one at 9:50 pm) and landing in the morning the next day due to the change in time zones.

Note: there may be more flights but I just plugged in next Friday and these are the flights that were available.

United had a flight out of Montreal to Paris that day as well.

I just flew out of there on an international flight not two months ago and that is not the lay-out that I passed through.

It looks like pre-boarding customs to me ... that would mean it's most likely Montreal. He could have taken a non-stop Air France flight from Montreal to Paris.

lol I've been googling. GMTA

If I can't find it, I'll ask my BIL. He works for Air Canada.

LOL... I can't find a picture of a security guard for either Toronto or Montreal airport. They are figments of our imagination!

This guy has no place to hide for the long term. He will be caught and I'm betting very soon because he is a loser. He is the type that cannot lay low.

Agreed the fact that he needs food and water is going to make it very hard to hide for long, plus he stands out, not the kind of guy who blends in well, he will be caught, it may take some time but sooner or later and I suspect sooner, he will slip up and they will grab him.

1297191096179_ORIGINAL.jpg

Has the news broke heavy in France about this guy? I mean not just online report but on local news a few times?

LOL... how in the h3ll do you see that ... you are being serious that you see this in those glasses?

eleph

i have the album w/ the original picture....
im analyzing it now....FWIW

ETA....
enlarged
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13657 (very big)

i believe it is a legit photo...the light in the sunglasses is a result of a flash on a camera....it looks to me like the background is of the bridge he is standing on.....cant see who is taking the pic because of the flash...

It looks like pre-boarding customs to me ... that would mean it's most likely Montreal. He could have taken a non-stop Air France flight from Montreal to Paris.

He could have. But, as I said, this doesn't look like montreal security to me. Not saying it isn't, just that it isn't familiar to me and I flew out of there very recently. I think it is interesting that the timeline given is that he flew on the 26th, and yet was supposedly picked up hitchhiking on the 25th, if one is to believe that woman (I'm not convinced). That could mean he had bought his tickets online to fly from Toronto, which is where he told the woman (again, if she is to be believed) that he was going.

Has the news broke heavy in France about this guy? I mean not just online report but on local news a few times?

When you say local news, do you mean on television? I don't really get your question especially the opposition between online report and local news. Could you explain it to me?

He is not going through Customs (post-flight), he is going through Security Screening (pre-flight). My guess is those images are taken in either Toronto or Montreal. I will search for one of those in a moment.

In the meantime, this is a photo I found of Security Screening at Charles de Gaulle which does not match the uniforms in the LM photos:

a2011-12-22t123503z_12074105.jpg

It's not customs officials responsible for the security, it's CATSA OFFICIALS IN CANADA

Looks to be the CATSA uniforms in the airport screening areas, thus likely images from a Canadian airport.

When you say local news, do you mean on television? I don't really get your question especially the opposition between online report and local news. Could you explain it to me?
Yes I meant television.

I have a question for those of you in France and Canada. Is this story getting like A LOT A LOT of news coverage, front page print and on the 24 hour cable news shows constantly like the Casey Anthony case was here, because here in the states a lot of people have not even heard about this case and it isnt getting much attention. I ask because obviously if this is a HUGE HUGE case in those areas he is going to have a hard time hiding for long if everyone is hearing and talking about the case.

It's horrible. Can't imagine :(

I suspect there will be some fallout for the mailroom. I assume mail is to be scanned/xrayed prior to delivery. Not sure how it could have slipped by. Wonder if it was stamped or had a sticker indicating they had scanned/xrayed it? Eta - wait, was it confirmed who opened it? Was it government/mailroom staff or political staff?

Initially I saw on tv that it was a young woman, and at one point it was said (paraphrased here) that she had not opened or fully opened the package. Then a day or so later, they showed a young man .. and I was confused as to who actually received the package. Sorry, I can't recall the specifics, but something was said about the young man's position that made me think "ohhh ... that sounds a little closer to the PM". I could be wrong Flossie .. it was all coming out so fast. Maybe someone else will have better recollection.

Given his choice of the Mickey Mouse T-shirt, we may be able to predict from his photos what clothing he might be wearing right now, and that may help to identify him. But we must be careful to rule out clothing that is actually part of a Photoshopped image of another person with his face.

I notice several folks are referring to the airport pictures as going through "customs". I think this is not customs, or immigration but is instead an airport "security checkpoint". LM would have to go through one of these in order to board a plane.

In Canada, the security checkpoints are under the authority of the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA). Per the wikipedia entry: "While CATSA is responsible for pre-board passenger and random non-passenger screening, they contract out to third-party "service providers" such as Aeroguard and Garda to train, manage and employ the screening officers."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airport_security#Canada

You seem somewhat perplexed by my post, was it unclear? If so you can tell me so I can improve my english ;)

It was perfectly clear to me, you speak better English than a lot of Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member