Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my gosh that means thousands of people are on that site to watch the video? OMG...I understand people seeing it not knowing what is on it exactly or like here the begining and not knowing if it is fake or not. One would assume at first it is fake, but now that it is known to be real...I don't understand.

Respectfully - some of us who have watched it are wrestling with some very serious and disturbing thoughts about ourselves as human beings. I know that you mean no harm but I have to say that your words stung a bit.

Paximus is probably the best person here to explain human curiosity without making one feel or question if we are inhuman or abnormal.

Again - I know that you meant no harm, I just thought you might want to know that it isn't easy to reconcile.

why not identify the public of what airport he was at, or what flight he was getting on. Doesn't the public have the right to know for their own safety?

question about his Airport photo...he has no bag, no phone I see of in his pocket did he check it in then?

His stuff would still be in the trays going through the x-ray machine.

I can't understand why this video is not much discussed here.

Calling Luka Magnotta's Alleged Phone Number - YouTube

A nobody has been able de speak with Luka Magnotta. And the police cannot find him? WTF?

If you go to 5:00 till 6:16, it's clearly him. Without any doubt, it's Luka Magnotta on the phone.

So, now we know he still have a cellphone with him. One that he probably got from a long time. And he responds to it. He's still in contact with the people he knows.

:banghead: I only listened to the first part of this yesterday and then stopped listening after the voicemail picked up because I felt sure it wasn't LM's voice. Now this YT user has pulled his account and I can't listen! Argggghhhh frustrating!! :)

Respectfully - some of of us who have watched it are wrestling with some very serious and disturbing thoughts about ourselves as human beings. I know that you mean no harm but I have to say that your words stung a bit.

Paximus is probably the best person here to explain human curiosity without making one feel or question if we are inhuman or abnormal.

Again - I know that you meant no harm, I just thought you might want to know that it isn't easy to reconcile.
I mean no harm at all. I guess, it is because I did see a video once that I wasn't expecting to see (a beheading) and I know from that experience to never ever look at anything like that again. I still cannot get that image out of my head. I suppose if one never experienced anything like that, and only use to text of horrific crimes, one would think they can handle it with no problem. I also understand the value it can garner of some understanding, but my word of caution to anyone wanting to get that understanding is to ask one self will it be "worth it"

Again meant no harm or judgement on people here. How it played out on the forum was not at all how I feel the vast non-ws members are going to go watch now. I hope I explained this better or did I fail again?

Only those from Quebec speak Quebec french ... the rest of the country learns France french.

ETA: I just learned that Nova Scotia French is also something different again.

Oh for crying out loud - let me give you examples:

1. It's the DIALECTS that differ here.

2. Think of Great Britain, Texas and Toronto. We ALL speak English, but our ACCENTS differ, eh? In *some cases* our words differ as well - ie:
In Great Britain I am driving a lorry.
In Toronto, I'm driving a truck.

3. We can all understand each other (GB, Texas and Toronto) but some of our language differs and our ACCENTS certainly differ, eh?

Same deal with Quebec, Nouveau Brunswick, Manitoba et La France.

In Canadian schools, we learn to speak the ACCENT of the teacher. The teacher might be from English-speaking Canada, France, Quebec, Brusselles, Paris, Lyon, or outer Mongolia. They simply teach the courses.....

I have seen several people mention the fact that they are somehow disturbed or upset with themselves because they seem to feel more outrage at what he did to the kittens than what he did to the human.

First I understand when you express that sentiment you ARE NOT saying that you are OK with what happened to the human and ONLY upset about the kittens, surely you feel repulsed and angry about what he did to the human, but for some strange reason you seem to feel MORE of these emotions when it comes to the kittens.

I have had this discussion before I will share my opinions and conclusions.

The reasons are likely many and varied for this, but here are a few that I will share.

First, we are taught to distance ourselves from other humans we do not know, we are taught at a young age not to talk to strangers etc, so therefore we are not attached to people we do not know and as a result we dont have an EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT to them nor an EMOTIONAL INVESTMENT IN THEM, so when something like this happens, YES IT MAKES US ANGRY and we hurt for the victim but it is a different kind of hurt and anger than we feel when someone hurts a kitten because with animals we do not detach, we love our own little kitties as much as the ones we see in pictures thousands of miles away, we are not told not to detach from stray dogs or cats or those that belong to others, when we are children, like we are with humans. This is one reason why we feel more emotionally invested in what happened to the kittens than what happened to the human, and of course this doesnt apply to everyone, only those of us who are true animal lovers and for whom animals often mean more to us than people, often for obvious reasons as our animals dont hurt us like the people around us do.

Another reason for this IMO, is that the kittens are INDEFENSIBLE BEINGS, in short what he did to those was PICKING ON SOMEONE MUCH SMALLER AND INDEFENSIBLE than he was, what we call NOT A FAIR FIGHT, and that pisses us off, that is what we call BULLYING and we tell such people to pick on someone (or something in this case) YOUR OWN SIZE! The kitties had no chance to defend themselves against such a monster WHEREAS HUMANS DO, yes humans can be drugged and taken against their own will but generally speaking the human is not indefensible against another human and the kitties MOST DEFINITELY ARE. Now if he had tried this crap with an AFRICAN LION I dont think that I, personally, would be as outraged as I was with the KITTENS even though I DETEST ALL ANIMAL ABUSE, basically because AT LEAST THEN it would be a FAIR FIGHT and he is picking on something THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO FIGHT BACK and probably even has an EDGE WHEN IT COMES TO BEATING HIM (or eating him, in the case of the lion).

In short I dont think there is anything wrong with you if you feel more outraged at what he did to the poor little innocent indefensible kittens who DID NOTHING TO BE PUT IN THAT SITUATION whereas oftentimes we humans DO MAKE STUPID DECISIONS TO PUT OURSELVES IN POSITIONS OF RISK AND DANGER, the kitten is not able to consciously do so. There is nothing wrong with you at all, in fact if you felt OTHERWISE I would wonder more about you.

Bumping this post because I have been struggling with this since this story broke.

I am outraged, horrified and angered by Mr. Lin's murder, but it's the image of the baby kittens that I can't seem to shake - and I didn't even watch ANY of the videos. I couldn't understand or make sense of my feelings - so thanks for this post Paximus.:seeya:

ETA - I wanted to add - Kittens and animals are like innocent babies to a lot of us - even the grown animals are still "our babies", and those that have been domesticated and loved - return that love 10 fold.

Hey all im new here. Most international flights from Montreal go through Toronto. There are direct flights depending of the airline. I know most Air canada flight go from Montreal to Toronto than to destination.

Really? Seems strange...as another poster mentioned it's going backwards isn't it? I do know that when I flew to Belgium from Toronto we stopped over in Mtl. That was on Air Transat

Really? Seems strange...as another poster mentioned it's going backwards isn't it? I do know that when I flew to Belgium from Toronto we stopped over in Mtl. That was on Air Transat

Most overseas flights on the larger planes fly out of Toronto, so a small jet leaves from here (Montreal) and then you pick up your overseas flight in Toronto.

And the ring on the right hand was clearly visible as well on the video. There is no doubt in my mind that this is Luka at the airport in Paris.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/06/03/montreal-magnotta-search.html

Are we sure it's Paris? I'm just going to ask a question regarding the women in the photos and this in no way is meant to be a racist question. My understanding is France banned women from wearing hijab, scarves or any type of religious head/facial coverings? Would they have let these women through with their head wear?

hmmm

Hey all im new here. Most international flights from Montreal go through Toronto. There are direct flights depending of the airline. I know most Air canada flight go from Montreal to Toronto than to destination.

Correct!

The photos do not identify the airport. I wish it did so I could relax a bit. It does look like the checkpoint in Orlando, but that is only as you are going to a flight, not arriving.

The airport is in Roissy, France

Are we sure it's Paris? I'm just going to ask a question regarding the women in the photos and this in no way is meant to be a racist question. My understanding is France banned women from wearing hijab, scarves or any type of religious head/facial coverings? Would they have let these women through with their head wear?

hmmm

I am from Montreal, and that doesn't look like the customs at Montreal I am going to guess that is Toronto, because if he flew the Montreal/Tornot/Paris flight, he would do customs in TO. Just a guess.

The airport is in Roissy, France

I doubt that. He wouldn't be having his luggage checked AFTER getting off his flight. I'm guessing this is Toronto. He flew into Roissy, they said. The didn't say this was taken there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1