LYONS AUDIO TAPES and BS VIDEO GONE? Discussion with R HORNSBY here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is very gross. I do understand more now though. It is up to the state to prove a theory of what happens to a victim, and up to the defense to throw something against the wall to see if it sticks..
How the hell someone can equate rape=consent just because the two knew one another makes me wanna puke..
I'll never look at a defense attorney the same way...never..

There comes a time when a person is just guilty and needs to pay the price and a lawyer should not lie to a jury to help them. It makes me sick to know that the prosecution must have evidence to back them up but the defense does not, they can just say whatever they want.

Anyone know?

She said during her last deposition with the state IIRC, that she was on disability. I'm assuming she had disability insurance with her employer. These policies usually pay about 60% of your salary.

There comes a time when a person is just guilty and needs to pay the price and a lawyer should not lie to a jury to help them. It makes me sick to know that the prosecution must have evidence to back them up but the defense does not, they can just say whatever they want.

When she rattles on and on about saving her clients life..and on and on about jurors being "killers", I was just utterly shocked. Calling victims advocates "bitc***), and so on..
I guess its a good thing that she has a legal obligation to her client, bottom line is that if she had a moral one, she wouldn't have a job.

So... if this thread is about AL and the videos and the Bill S. blog. references to said videos.....perhaps we can start another thread dedicated to any discussion about rumored / reported / posted about, resignation / withdrawal from FACDL. Or a thread devoted to discussion and spirited debate about RH and BS blogs as they may or may not relate to one another.
Let's stick with one thread on this topic I am begging you :)

O/T and I apologize but is Cindy on paid LOA?

According to Cindy's deposition, she is on a a two year disability leave...... one down, one to go... will be interesting to see if she ACTUALLY returns to work. She said she WANTS to go back to work at some point (yeah, right).

Most people don't have the luxury of two year leave when they lose a loved one... or if a family member is accused in a crime.

Just sayin'

Oops, sorry, JBean.... my apologies.

Interesting reading here.....may explain in part why the lectures were taken down.* Please visit the link below to see a copy of the Confidentiality Agreement required for attendance at the Capital Investigation Training Program.* This program is taught by Mort S........who is AL PI.* This seminar teaches skills in conducting investigations for a Capital case.* WOW.....the Confidentiality Agreement, requires the applicant to state that they are NOT involved in prosecution and that applicant further agree NOT to share materials or even discuss the seminar.
http://www.law.depaul.edu/centers_institutes/cjcc/pdf/citp_application_form.pdf

I have to wonder.....if one pays for attendance at a seminar. How can they be required to not discuss anything about a seminar. I can see if their attendance is sponsored or is part of another program, but if you pay for it...do you not have the right to discuss your opionions of that event?

LOL - Really, if you want to know anything about me, just send me an email. I am your average joe, just with a law degree.

But you should know, everything on the Clerk's computer is nothing more than civil infractions. I would point out that my driver license says I am a safe driver though!!!

Now for the juicy stuff - I was arrested when I was 18, plead no contest, and completed 1 month of probation. Case was expunged. Shhhh.

Also, in Alachua County (while in law school no less) I was arrested for Open Container and Disorderly Conduct after the Florida Gators beat up on the Tennessee Volunteers. Charges were dismissed.

Since then I have had a few run-ins, but never arrested again.

Cheers!

p.s. You should look Roy M. Kronk on Monroe County, Florida Clerk of the Court website. Looks like he was writing bad checks about the same time his ex-wife was... Go figure.

Bolded by me:

Welcome! I haven't made it through the rest of the thread yet, but I see we have finally established a connection between Kronk and KC ... but I am guessing those were at least his checks to start with!

I have to wonder.....if one pays for attendance at a seminar. How can they be required to not discuss anything about a seminar. I can see if their attendance is sponsored or is part of another program, but if you pay for it...do you not have the right to discuss your opionions of that event?

ITA. If you pay for this seminar material how can they believe some people will not share it?

At the link below you can buy a copy of the seminar with Ms. Lyons speaking that has been removed from WFTV.

http://www.facdl.org/Seminars&CLEs/DDXV/Personal.html

You don't have to be a member of the FACDL or even a lawyer as far as I can tell. You just have to pay a bit more for it if you're a non-member. I got this link off of Hornsby's blog post about Belich getting this material from Sheaffer and how Sheaffer betrayed all of his fellow lawyer's by giving it to Belich.

If the organization sells copies to anyone, I really don't see how they can expect to keep it out of the public eye. And how could they possibly kick Mr. Sheaffer out of their organization if there can be no way to prove he released it to WFTV. Also, he's not listed as a member of this organization on their website, but Hornsby is (and Baez is too).

Exactly, why look for an attorney who will misstate the law, when you can just pay one to.

Not a bad gig - if you are willing to sell out. Sorry, but my reputation among my colleagues is not for sale.

Again, haven't made it through all of the posts, but if you are still around, and if you are who you say you are, I had a question for you.

Did you ever disclose when writing about the case that you have advised Mr. Baez on strategy? It seems like something the public should know, as we expect our legal analysts not to have a horse in the race.

We expect a certain amount of bias from another defense attorney, but when that attorney is connected somehow, even informally, it seems fair to explain that.

Just spoke to Mr. Hornsby. So, to make it official Mr. Hornsby is the real deal. :)

Very nice man. Glad decided to jump in and take the heat. He told me he has a pretty thick skin and can take it. LOL. Why does that not surprise me.

Please remember TOS.

Thanks everyone.

Tricia

I'm getting ready to tweet this and post it on FB.

If anyone can give me the real condensed version of this situation I would appreciate it.

thank you.

Tricia

ITA. If you pay for this seminar material how can they believe some people will not share it?

At the link below you can buy a copy of the seminar with Ms. Lyons speaking that has been removed from WFTV.

http://www.facdl.org/Seminars&CLEs/DDXV/Personal.html

You don't have to be a member of the FACDL or even a lawyer as far as I can tell. You just have to pay a bit more for it if you're a non-member. I got this link off of Hornsby's blog post about Belich getting this material from Sheaffer and how Sheaffer betrayed all of his fellow lawyer's by giving it to Belich.

If the organization sells copies to anyone, I really don't see how they can expect to keep it out of the public eye. And how could they possibly kick Mr. Sheaffer out of their organization if there can be no way to prove he released it to WFTV. Also, he's not listed as a member of this organization on their website, but Hornsby is (and Baez is too).

Now Dear Prudence, that was some good sleuthin'!!!! Thanks!!! Blows quite a hole in their indignation, doesn't it?

Already Tweeted. Figured it out. All is good.

Carry On . . .

So what would be the problem of releasing this information. Is this a secret society? If you're not proud of your work I would think you would protest. To me any remarks in a legal seminar that shows disrespect to judges in general is showing disrespect for the whole judical system. When the fire gets really, really hot....try asking for mercy. It may actually work. Don't commit a moral crime to get your client out of a criminal one. Where are their ethics? All I can say is I am sooooooooo glad AL was not around for the Manson trial.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Selling your soul...... would these same DP prevention tactics be deployed to protect a 9/11 terrorist?, Osama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay