MA - 3yr. old boy accused of beating infant twin siblings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as I know this little boy was a typical 3yr. old. I have not heard of any behavioral issues except that when he was younger his mom would pawn him off on this one and that one. I can tell you that I also went to school with his biological father. He was no good then and still is no good now.He has had almost no involvement in this child's life. From what I gather is that the mom was asleep. He got out of his bed went into his mom's room were the little ones were sleeping in there bassinets. He took them out and began to inflict injury to them. I really struggle with believing this and the fact she did not here any crying. The moms claim is that she never heard anything. That she awoke to finding him with the babies. Also from what I have heard is that these precious babies have major injuries to the extent of but not limited to. Skull fracture, internal injuries, and broken bones. God bless these precious little angles I will be praying everyday for there recovery.I was just told today that the little one with the internal injuries may need to be moved to another hospital again. I hope that this is o.k to post as I have no link to support this. It is just my opinions and what I guess you would call local rumor. These is just so sad and hard to deal with I pray for all the little ones involved in this case. If this post needs to be deleted feel free to as I have no link. Just my opinion and rumors.

That actually makes some sense to me. A fall from a bassinet could cause fractures and broken bones. If the infant smacked his head and was knocked unconscious in such a fall, there wouldn't be any crying if the 3 year old then continued to beat on the baby. IMHO, it wouldn't take a toddler very long to inflict serious damage to a newborn(s).

I'm not saying this is what happened - I am just saying I can definitely envision scenarios where it's possible with an exhausted Mom and three tiny kids. And if it happened like the mother said, then nothing she did was unreasonable - 3 year old sleeping in his room, twins in bassinets in the room with her sleeping - that's pretty standard.

As to the 3-year-old having "known issues" - every 3-year-old in the world has known issues - it's the issue of being 3!

I am sure the authorities and the medical experts are looking closely at this situation. If the Mom did it, they will find out.

Comments made by 'knows the family' (#41+) shed a little more light on situation. Sounds like the 3 yo had known issues.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/berkshire-eagle/T96UFA9VEHHKKQLOO/p2

Will quote myself so to clarify as wasn't intending to suggest the 3 yo had issues other than a jealousy towards the infants. That isn't unusual but not all older siblings have jealousy issues hence the "Sounds like" & "known" aspect.

Sorry my post was misunderstood...thought 'knows the family's comments would be read and interpreted on an individual basis . He/she clearly didn't hold the child responsible but did sound upset & frustrated over the infants being injured despite the parents awareness of the older child's jealousy.

Not much different than some have said here. At this point it is all rumor or speculation as the police are tight-lipped

As far as I know this little boy was a typical 3yr. old. I have not heard of any behavioral issues except that when he was younger his mom would pawn him off on this one and that one. I can tell you that I also went to school with his biological father. He was no good then and still is no good now.He has had almost no involvement in this child's life. From what I gather is that the mom was asleep. He got out of his bed went into his mom's room were the little ones were sleeping in there bassinets. He took them out and began to inflict injury to them. I really struggle with believing this and the fact she did not here any crying. The moms claim is that she never heard anything. That she awoke to finding him with the babies. Also from what I have heard is that these precious babies have major injuries to the extent of but not limited to. Skull fracture, internal injuries, and broken bones. God bless these precious little angles I will be praying everyday for there recovery.I was just told today that the little one with the internal injuries may need to be moved to another hospital again. I hope that this is o.k to post as I have no link to support this. It is just my opinions and what I guess you would call local rumor. These is just so sad and hard to deal with I pray for all the little ones involved in this case. If this post needs to be deleted feel free to as I have no link. Just my opinion and rumors.

You have a right to your opinion. And, considering that you know the mother, it's probably good that you do express your opinion/feelings.

There were 2 people who knew the family posting comments on Topix. The last I read their feelings weren't much different than yours.

You have a right to your opinion. And, considering that you know the mother, it's probably good that you do express your opinion/feelings.

There were 2 people who knew the family posting comments on Topix. The last I read their feelings weren't much different than yours.

I am sorry that I miss under stood your post. I did not read the topix comments. On the jealousy issue it is a possibility that it could be a factor. What I was trying to say before related to the 3yr and jealousy is that there was 1 incident that I know of. I was told that a few days after the babies came home that when mom was feeding them. He tried to pull one of the babies away from her. I stated no behavioral issues because to me a 3yr. old having jealousy is normal.Once again I am sorry If I misunderstood you or offended you. I just feel that if this jealousy issue is true she should have been up with being a parent not in bed leaving him unsupervised. I also have concerns that with this mom and her short temper and anger issues is she blaming him for what she did. Please don't take it as I'm saying she did this I just have lots of suspicions and my hinky meter knowing her is all over the place. I just pray and hope everyday for these infants that they pull through, have a speedy recovery, and are not in any pain. Regardless of how this situation occurred.

I am sorry that I miss under stood your post. I did not read the topix comments. On the jealousy issue it is a possibility that it could be a factor. What I was trying to say before related to the 3yr and jealousy is that there was 1 incident that I know of. I was told that a few days after the babies came home that when mom was feeding them. He tried to pull one of the babies away from her. I stated no behavioral issues because to me a 3yr. old having jealousy is normal.Once again I am sorry If I misunderstood you or offended you. I just feel that if this jealousy issue is true she should have been up with being a parent not in bed leaving him unsupervised. I also have concerns that with this mom and her short temper and anger issues is she blaming him for what she did. Please don't take it as I'm saying she did this I just have lots of suspicions and my hinky meter knowing her is all over the place. I just pray and hope everyday for these infants that they pull through, have a speedy recovery, and are not in any pain. Regardless of how this situation occurred.

I hear you about this, MamaBear, but I do want to say that parents need to sleep. If she thought the 3-year-old was asleep and then she went to sleep with the twins in the same room as her - that's plenty reasonable, IMHO. Parents aren't required to watch a jealous toddler 24/7. When I had a newborn and a jealous 2 year old (who frequently tried to pull the newborn off my breast!), I still slept whenever I could with a similar sleeping arrangement to this mother.

Now, of course, you knowing her - if she has anger and temper issues, I can surely see your concerns!

Will quote myself so to clarify as wasn't intending to suggest the 3 yo had issues other than a jealousy towards the infants. That isn't unusual but not all older siblings have jealousy issues hence the "Sounds like" & "known" aspect.

Sorry my post was misunderstood...thought 'knows the family's comments would be read and interpreted on an individual basis . He/she clearly didn't hold the child responsible but did sound upset & frustrated over the infants being injured despite the parents awareness of the older child's jealousy.

Not much different than some have said here. At this point it is all rumor or speculation as the police are tight-lipped

I hope my post didn't come across as schnippy to you, cap! :blowkiss:

I went and read at Topix even though that place frightens me!

I still want to know more about this case. Do we know what time of day this happened? Were they sleeping at night or taking a nap during the day?

I still want to know more about this case. Do we know what time of day this happened? Were they sleeping at night or taking a nap during the day?

From what I have heard and remember this is only what I have heard. Is that it happened sometime in the morning. My understanding of what I was told is that he awoke first thing in the morning. Going into his moms room while she was in there sleeping with the babies and that he removed them from there bassinets. The part that I want to know is how long was he alone with the babies before she discovered what was happening. What was he doing when she awoke to find him with the babies. These questions I have right now no one seems to no the answers or want to answer. This makes me very suspicious.I have to agree that its hard to no the real truth right now with law enforcement being so tight lipped. I am just so very saddened with what has happened.

From what I have heard and remember this is only what I have heard. Is that it happened sometime in the morning. My understanding of what I was told is that he awoke first thing in the morning. Going into his moms room while she was in there sleeping with the babies and that he removed them from there bassinets. The part that I want to know is how long was he alone with the babies before she discovered what was happening. What was he doing when she awoke to find him with the babies. These questions I have right now no one seems to no the answers or want to answer. This makes me very suspicious.I have to agree that its hard to no the real truth right now with law enforcement being so tight lipped. I am just so very saddened with what has happened.

Any history of drugs/alcohol with the Mother?

Any history of drugs/alcohol with the Mother?

As I said before its been awhile since I talked to her. For drug use not that I know of but I know she has a history of liking to drink. So on your question to Drugs/Alcohol I would say yes to alcohol.

As I said before its been awhile since I talked to her. For drug use not that I know of but I know she has a history of liking to drink. So on your question to Drugs/Alcohol I would say yes to alcohol.

Thanks. Well, I hope the authorities will release more info soon. My continued prayers for this family.

Re bolded....you did not offend me. :blowkiss: And misunderstanding of words is a common occurrence on the Internet.

We share the same suspicions but above all we share the same hope & prayer for the babies recovery.

Nope, not schnippy (love the word lol) I could see where my post could be taken differently than intended. Part of that was due to my not being comfortable with posting or interpreting the individual's comments.

imo Massachusetts officials tend to give out very little information on most cases involving children. Actually, imo, their rather stingy with info on adult cases too. So it does lend to word-of-mouth sleuthing. It's unlikely we would have known of this case if not for Mama Bear.

Nope, not schnippy (love the word lol) I could see where my post could be taken differently than intended. Part of that was due to my not being comfortable with posting or interpreting the individual's comments.

imo Massachusetts officials tend to give out very little information on most cases involving children. Actually, imo, their rather stingy with info on adult cases too. So it does lend to word-of-mouth sleuthing. It's unlikely we would have known of this case if not for Mama Bear.

I have to say that your interpretation of how Mass. officials handle giving out info is very, very true. I also have to say that are local newspaper is not always that great for doing follow up stories. I wish I could tell you all more or give and update. But at this time it is still being investigated and everyone seems hush, hush about certain things. I do know that these precious babies are in the hospital still and I will be praying from them everyday until they recover. I also am praying that this situation does not cause this boy to much emotional trama.

I have to say that your interpretation of how Mass. officials handle giving out info is very, very true. I also have to say that are local newspaper is not always that great for doing follow up stories. I wish I could tell you all more or give and update. But at this time it is still being investigated and everyone seems hush, hush about certain things. I do know that these precious babies are in the hospital still and I will be praying from them everyday until they recover. I also am praying that this situation does not cause this boy to much emotional trama.

I have thought about this also. As a general rule, I don't know if a 3-year-old would remember this. Part of me thinks that is best. I guess a children's therapist would know how to handle it.

Certainly, if the twins survive and come home, some fairly stringent oversight needs to take place. That may be super-hard for a mother of three, but many of us have done it.

So much to think about and handle, regardless of the outcome. Such a sad sad thing.

I have thought about this also. As a general rule, I don't know if a 3-year-old would remember this. Part of me thinks that is best. I guess a children's therapist would know how to handle it.

Certainly, if the twins survive and come home, some fairly stringent oversight needs to take place. That may be super-hard for a mother of three, but many of us have done it.

So much to think about and handle, regardless of the outcome. Such a sad sad thing.

I guess that is a very good possibility that he may not remember what happened with his siblings if what is being said is true. I was also looking at it from the aspect of how tramatic it might be on him being removed from his home. My understanding is that since this happened he has been removed, placed in an undisclosed foster home by the state (CPS). That they have not allowed any visitation with family yet for this little boy. I must certainly agree that some stringent oversight needs to take place if these babies pull through. I understand that many,many of us have done it I just really have to wonder is she capable of doing it. It is a very, very sad story sometimes when I sit here and type replies my eyes well up with tears for this family and babies. I can tell you that this family has suffered allot of pain and tragedy over about the last ten years. Even thou I have my suspicions with this mom and what may have happened. I pray that they do not have to suffer anymore pain, tragedy, or heartache.

Just checking in with Mammabear, wondering if any new info has come out.

Prayers for the babies.

I wish I could post or say more to what I no but I am kinda new to this type of posting. Don't I need a link to verify what I am stating. Or is it o.k to say from what I heard or believe seeing that I am local and know the mother. The last that I heard from a friend was that she was sleeping when this happened. This is partly why my hinky meter is going crazy plus other factors. I mean he hurt both of them not just one you mean to tell me that she didn't hear the first one cry to save the second one. Not that either one should have been hurt she should have been awake and being a parent.

Hi Mama Bear,

Thank you so much for your willingness to share with us. I really appreciate it.

Like lovejac said if you state that it's a rumor or you have personal info you can add to the story then that is all you have to do.

In high profile cases if a poster comes on and states they know the people involved then I ask them for contact info, talk to them, then post whether the poster is legit, in my opinion, or not.

In your situation Mama Bear, you are a well established poster and this is not a high profile case so as long as you preface what inside info you might post that's all you need to do.

City police and the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families are investigating an incident involving a 3-year-old Pittsfield, MA. boy who allegedly seriously harmed his twin infant siblings.The twins, whose genders were withheld, had to be airlifted to an out-of-town medical facility for treatment, according to officials, who declined to identify the hospital.
here is link to article http://www.berkshireeagle.com/ci_12251681
I am in total shock and awe over this. I pray to god these babies recover from there very,very tramatic injuries. I still can't phantom the idea that this 3yr. old yes I said 3yr.old is or was capable of causing these injuries. I feel that there is more to the story and the parents are blaming this child for what they did. I do know the mother of these children personally even though it's been a few years since I saw here last. There is other info that I know but am not sure what I can or can not post. I am very saddened and at a lose of words for what has happened. All that I can do it seems like is hope and pray that these babies pull through. I have never started a thread like this before, if this is in the wrong place or not appropriate please feel free to move or delete.

Who was supposed to be supervising the 3-year old?

Just checking in with Mammabear, wondering if any new info has come out.

Prayers for the babies.

I'm sorry Lovejac that I don't have any updates at this time. Right now everyone seems pretty tight lipped while the investigation is ongoing. I Also am praying for the sweet little babies. As soon as I hear anything on these precious children or the case I will be sure to post an update.

As an early childhood educator, I can say with confidence most 3 year olds do know the difference between doing something right and doing something wrong, and know very well when they hurt someone.

I am not saying this child is innocent or guilty, we don't even know he is the one who has harmed anybody, just making a point that this 'special, precious' child may still have hurt someone very badly, and it should be looked into extensively. not everything is a 'he didn't know better' situation; he may need some very serious help. This fact should not be ignored simply because he is young, but given even more focused attention because of this. Adult in the room or not, it is not normal for a child to bludgeon two babies. It isn't about placing blame.

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back