MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Not only that ^^^ ; but, wouldn't there be cams in the hallways or facing the doors of the cells --to record who came and left ?
Just watching the sec. cams should show if anyone at all entered his cell that night/morning.
:moo:

Some "close friend" in 20s in on suicide watch at a health care facility with a correction officer and cameras. Wonder when he allegedly smoked K2. Was it laced with something.

What Are The Side Effects of Using Spice or K2?

Well, it depends.

The side effects from smoking synthetic marijuana can be the same – or far more dangerous – than those of real weed.

The side effects you experience depend on which of the many different synthetic cannabinoids you put into your body, how much you used and how you ingested it.

Reports indicate the pleasant side effects of Spice are similar to marijuana, but more intense. These include elevated mood, relaxation and altered perception.

However, many users of synthetic cannabinoids, poison control centers and emergency rooms report far less pleasant and sometimes dangerous side effects are common. These include:

psychotic episodes
paranoia, increased anxiety and hallucinations – typically much more severe than after smoking marijuana.
increased heart rate
agitation
vomiting
seizures
uncontrollable body movements
lack of emotional attachment
sweating and loss of control
red eyes
dry mouth

Mental health problems are commonly reported by spice users. Testimonials from both regular users and those who used it only one time – commonly mention hallucinations, suicidal and homicidal thoughts and actions, intense fear and paranoia. There are several cases where synthetic weed has been implicated in deaths from suicide or accidental means. https://spiceaddictionsupport.org/side-effects-of-spice-use/

Thank you and I do understand but IMO its the other way around. In the legal sense it isn't a declaration of innocence when found NG by juries. NG simply means the jury did not believe there was enough evidence entered to come to the determination of guilt. In the public, however; some do tend to believe if a person is found NG it means they are innocent.

Technically before he killed himself his appeals had not been completed. That is why the MA court may remove his conviction, but that doesn't mean he gets a pass when it comes to civil trials.

I think we may be talking about two different things. I am talking about him being found NG in the last trial and the legal definition of NG when voted on by a jury or a Judge in the initial criminal court case. The MA court can removed his conviction but no one in the public has to agree that he is innocent simply because he offed himself in such a cowardly way.

If NG meant innocent then we would all have to believe that OJ was completely innocent of murdering two victims. I doubt many believe that... like they dont believe for one nanosecond that CA was declared innocent because the jury voted to acquit.

Even if he still had outstanding debts those too can windup in civil court if they have not been paid. His estate can still be civilly sued in a civil court including anyone who has a valid claim and think they have been harmed by him.

People have been successfully sued in civil court and never had any criminal charges against them. There is no rule the Plaintiffs can only sue someone who has been arrested and charged/convicted with a crime.

I'm separating public opinion from legal, if that has not been clear let me make it now.

If his conviction is vacated... It is null, gone, expunged and can't be considered in any future court proceedings because in a since it never happened. If jury's consider it well thats just human nature I think even though they will be asked and assured that they bare no judgement on a vacated conviction.

And just to be clear... I'm not saying lawsuits can't be brought forward, any one (including AH heirs) can sue anyone pretty much about anything:).

I'm saying IF his conviction is vacated (legally on paper so to speak) it will NOT be allowed to be brought forth as evidence in any lawsuit and to my understanding any evidence brought forward in said trial will not be able to be used.

I think you and I don't disagree just a misunderstanding.

Aaron Hernandez reportedly moved into segregation unit
By ESPN.COM NEWS SERVICES via ESPN Dec 4, 2015, 7:56 PM ET

Aaron Hernandez was found with a shank-like weapon in his cell and has been moved to a segregated unit at Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Massachusetts, according to multiple reports.

Guards found a prison-made knife during a shakedown of Hernandez's cell Thursday, WHDH.com reported, citing sources. He was immediately taken out of general population, according to the website.

snip>
This isn't his first reported trouble.

In May, CNN reported that Hernandez agreed to be on the lookout for one inmate who went into another prisoner's cell at the correctional center. The two inmates fought, with a source telling CNN the altercation was believed to be gang-related. All three inmates were disciplined, and Hernandez was placed in a special management section.

And in 2014, Hernandez was indicted in an alleged jail assault in which he and an inmate being transported from an infirmary at the Bristol County House of Correction in Dartmouth, Massachusetts, allegedly exchanged words. Hernandez allegedly punched the inmate and knocked him to the ground. Neither was injured.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/aaron-hernandez-reportedly-moved-segregation-unit/story?id=35591360

Something isn't adding up. I'm not sure if we will ever know the full truth about this. I am interested in the tapes and how in the world someone didn't see this happening and didn't try to stop it. Did he have access to a safety mirror, which he would need in order to write anything on himself? When was the last contraband check? Who was supposed to be watching? How many times was he supposed to be checked? Every 15 mins? Less? More?

To many I'm sure it does not matter how he died, but nosey me wants to really know if this is suicide or not. It does not seem like it's a clear open and shut black and white case to me. But that's just my thinking.

Just one month into his life sentence, Hernandez got into a "two-on-one fight" that sent him into a segregation unit at the prison, law enforcement officials told ABC News at the time. Hernandez was "part of the two," a prison official said. Another source said that the other inmate was beaten in his cell and that the fight appeared to be "gang related."

Hernandez had reportedly gotten a new tattoo that referenced the Blood street gang after the fight, prison officials said. In August of 2015, Hernandez was involved in another fight at the prison, ABC News Boston affiliate WCVB reported at the time. There were no injuries in that fight http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandezs-life-prison/story?id=46892479

He was found hanging from a bedsheet attached to a window in his cell in Unit G-2 of the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center at about 3:05 a.m., the state Department of Correction said in a statement. The agency said Hernandez had tried to block the door to prevent officers from entering. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...self-prison/Hkp9wdGcZImoMBomJLMNVJ/story.html

Martin Healy, chief legal counsel of the Massachusetts Bar Association, says Hernandez's death opens the door for his conviction for Lloyd's murder to be quashed.

"Basically what this means for Aaron Hernandez is that he will have in fact died an innocent man," Healy said.

One of Hernandez's attorneys in the Lloyd case, John Thompson, says once he gets the death certificate he will file a motion to quash Hernandez's conviction.

"When a criminal defendant dies during an appeal, the normal process is for the appeal to be dismissed, and the judgment of the trial court to be vacated, and the indictment to be vacated."

Thompson is also calling for an impartial investigation into Hernandez's death.

This segment aired on April 19, 2017 http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction-quashed

"Corrections officers are on duty 24 hours a day and they do rounds," Walker explained. "I'm not sure sure what kind of rounding was occurring in G2, the block where Mr. Hernandez was housed. Sometimes rounds are done more frequently, and I do not know how often, but regularly — half hour, hour."

Lisa Newman-Polk, a former mental health worker at the prison, says prisoners serving life sentences are always flagged as higher risk for mental health problems.

"And certainly somebody who is in a really high-profile position is also somebody that would be considered to be needing of an extra level of assessment as to whether or not they need some sort some of treatment or services," Newman-Polk said. http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction-quashed

DOC spokesman Christopher Fallon said Hernandez was not on a suicide watch list. If he showed any sign of depression or indicated any suicidal tendencies, he would not have been kept in that specific cell in Unit G-2. When Aaron Hernandez was taken to UMass Leominster, he was pronounced dead. His lifeless body is now under the custody of the state medical examiner’s office. An autopsy will be conducted by the medical examiner at the Boston facility. The DOC said there would be an investigation into the apparent suicide, which would be supervised by Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.’s office.

According to Fallon, Aaron Hernandez did not leave any suicide note. After the initial search in his cell, there was no such document found. While it is a two-man cell, the former New England Patriots tight end was kept alone over there. Fallon emphasized that Hernandez was not on a suicide watch, as he never signaled that he was in danger.

APRIL 19, 2017
The full statement from the Department of Correction regarding the death of Aaron Hernandez:

On April 19, 2017 Aaron Hernandez was discovered hanged in his cell by corrections officers at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley Massachusetts at approximately 3:05 a.m., lifesaving techniques were attempted on Mr. Hernandez and he was transported to UMASS Leominster where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m. by a physician at the hospital. Mr. Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit. Mr. Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. Mr. Hernandez also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items. The Massachusetts State Police are on scene and the investigation continues. Mr. Hernandez’s next of kin have been notified. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-correction/LMUbb4dMEvbxWonblvfx6M/story.html

Just one month into his life sentence, Hernandez got into a "two-on-one fight" that sent him into a segregation unit at the prison,<> "gang related."

Hernandez had reportedly gotten a new tattoo that referenced the Blood street gang after the fight, prison officials said. In August of 2015, <>http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandezs-life-prison/story?id=46892479

He was found hanging from a bedsheet attached to a window in his cell in Unit G-2 of the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center at about 3:05 a.m., the state Department of Correction said in a statement. The agency said Hernandez had tried to block the door to prevent officers from entering. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...self-prison/Hkp9wdGcZImoMBomJLMNVJ/story.html

Martin Healy, chief legal counsel of the Massachusetts Bar Association, says Hernandez's death opens the door for his conviction for Lloyd's murder to be quashed.

"Basically what this means for Aaron Hernandez is that he will have in fact died an innocent man," Healy said.

One of Hernandez's attorneys in the Lloyd case, John Thompson, says once he gets the death certificate he will file a motion to quash Hernandez's conviction.

"When a criminal defendant dies during an appeal, the normal process is for the appeal to be dismissed, and the judgment of the trial court to be vacated, and the indictment to be vacated."

This segment aired on April 19, 2017 http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction-quashed

This segment aired on April 19, 2017 http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/04/19/...iction-quashed

No. Just no. He died with a conviction. How can they vacate that conviction? Hern needs "I am guilty" inscribed on his headstone. All of his bad deeds just kept piling up and he could care less. He was out of control because he felt above the law. He couldn't live being known of as the serial killer that he is.

He left a lot of pain in his wake, clearly. But his death -- and the autopsy that should surely follow -- might be able to answer a few questions.

Did Hernandez suffer from chronic traumatic encephalopathy, the degenerative brain disease? If so, was the disease connected to his violent behavior? And if so: Did Hernandez's lifetime in football contribute to the disease?

Nothing less than the future of football may be at stake.

It may seem premature to ask such questions.

Certainly, Hernandez had a violent life away from the game of football -- getting involved in scrapes and legal troubles throughout his high school and college years before being drafted by the Patriots.

Then again, it could be that football damaged him badly, with repercussions for his victims and their families.

Here is why we have to ask: There is a long trail of bodies in recent years belonging to NFL players who, it turned out, were living with CTE.

We know the disease can cause massive personality changes in the persons it afflicts, manifesting in depression and violent behavior. And while correlation does not equal causation, the correlation gets stronger all the time.

Junior Seau, the Hall of Fame linebacker for the San Diego Chargers, committed suicide.

So did former Chicago Bears safety Dave Duerson. Jovan Belcher, a player for the Kansas City Chiefs, killed his girlfriend, then committed suicide in front of the team's general manager. All were discovered, after their deaths, to have suffered from CTE.

The disease has hit particularly hard in Pennsylvania, whose gridiron traditions are second to none.

Mike Webster, the center on the Pittsburgh Steelers' glory days teams in the 1970s, was one of the first players diagnosed with the disease, discovered after his post-playing life spiraled out of control.

Former Eagles safety Andre Waters killed himself in 2006. Owen Thomas, a University of Pennsylvania lineman, killed himself in 2010. All were diagnosed with CTE after their deaths.

CTE victims who don't kill themselves can still suffer. Kevin Turner, the former Eagles fullback, died of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis -- which in turn was triggered, doctors say, by CTE. Living players like Jim McMahon and Tony Dorsett have reported suffering from dementia and depression believed to have been brought on by the disease.

>
But if Hernandez's violence can be traced to his football playing, those excuses will be harder to maintain. If football damages its players so badly that the violence spills out to affect their families and communities, we're no longer just talking about individual choices -- we may be looking, instead, at a public health contagion.

The NFL Draft is being held next weekend in Philadelphia. Young men will take the stage, smile for the cameras, and celebrate a milestone in accomplishing their lifelong goals. For the sake of those young men, their loved ones, and the cities they play in, we need to find out whether Hernandez suffered from CTE. The time to ask the questions is now. http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2017/04/did_aaron_hernandezs_violent_l.html

The crazy thing is doctors and scientists studying this, think young boys probably already have the beginning stages of it by the time they leave high school! You don't even have to have an entire NFL career to suffer from it. You play from peewee through high school and you are affected. My little brother had several severe concussions in his high school career and probably several other minor ones. My sons will not be playing football that's what I know!

Attorney William Kennedy said the joint wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of de Abreu and Furtado against Hernandez will proceed against his estate.

Kennedy says once Hernandez&#8217;s conviction in the Odin Lloyd murder is vacated, the Patriots may be contractually obligated to pay his estate bonus money that was stopped when he was arrested.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-suicide-south-end-murder-victims-reaction/

I am starting to see reasons for why AH did this. jmo

Could he have been so threatened by other inmates since he was in the general population and he did get off from that double murder charge...

Attorney William Kennedy said the joint wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of de Abreu and Furtado against Hernandez will proceed against his estate.

Kennedy says once Hernandez&#8217;s conviction in the Odin Lloyd murder is vacated, the Patriots may be contractually obligated to pay his estate bonus money that was stopped when he was arrested.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-suicide-south-end-murder-victims-reaction/

I am starting to see reasons for why AH did this. jmo

I think it is a major stretch to think that AH did anything for someone else. He was only looking out for himself...if he did kill himself I seriously doubt that he really understood the archaic law in Ma. and its implications...only possible motive may be revenge on Patriots (if indeed they have to pay the bonus) as they did not even respond to subpoena for the second trial. AH all about revenge...being disrespected etc. he knows Shay and daughter will move along and be just fine. Maybe now AB (Rocky) can try that civil suit again and get some money? All of these guys are out for revenge.

Quite a story, from 08 June 2013 till yesterday.

Never rejoice in death, lest your own death be cause for rejoicing.

The defense can get his conviction quashed and he will be a DEAD, technically INNOCENT man. The only way it will truly matter is in financial matters. If that is so, perhaps his daughter will be provided for. She deserves that.

He will always be remembered by most as a murderer.

I think it is a major stretch to think that AH did anything for someone else. He was only looking out for himself...if he did kill himself I seriously doubt that he really understood the archaic law in Ma. and its implications...only possible motive may be revenge on Patriots (if indeed they have to pay the bonus) as they did not even respond to subpoena for the second trial. AH all about revenge...being disrespected etc. he knows Shay and daughter will move along and be just fine. Maybe now AB (Rocky) can try that civil suit again and get some money? All of these guys are out for revenge.

I don't know that they'll ever be "just fine".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member