MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he could write on his forehead. It probably wasn't the most legible.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

OMG I just heard the news, have been gone all day. Totally not what I was planning on hearing.
Going to do some reading because I am not sure myself that I think it was suicide. just might not have been.

OMG I just heard the news, have been gone all day. Totally not what I was planning on hearing.
Going to do some reading because I am not sure myself that I think it was suicide. just might not have been.

Same, I just heard too, and came straight here. I've followed along quietly. What in the world, pretty shocking. Going to catch up here now as I know y'all will have all the info!

Cathy‏ @courtchatter 3h3 hours ago
More
Cathy Retweeted Bob Ward Fox25
#AaronHernandez - Reports are being corrected to red marker.Cathy added,

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account @Bward3
Must clarify: John 3:16 message found on Hernandez forehead written in red blood marker, not blood story developing #fox25
1 reply 1 retweet 1 like
Reply 1 Retweet 1
Like 1

True but in the eyes of the law he will be innocent. Unless there is stipulations in contracts is also now means his heirs are entitled to signing bonus, and any other outstanding money that didn't have to be paid if he was guilty.

Also any civil lawsuits to my understanding will not be allowed to use evidence used in the trial. BUT someone correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

No defendant is ever found innocent in a criminal trial by the sitting jurors on the cases. They are only found NG or Guilty which is a big difference from being declared innocent. Being NG only means the jury didn't believe there was enough evidence to convict. It is never an affirmation that the jury believes any of the defendants were innocent. The only ones declared innocent was after years of being in prison, and solid proof was found to exonerate them of the crime altogether. That happens in a different court and is decided by Judges not regular juries who served on the criminal trial.

AH was not even found NG in the first murder trial like OJ was in his murder trial.Also just because a jury found him NG in the second trial that does not eliminate him from liability in those civil cases either. The civil court juries may think he is indeed guilty of all of the murders based on the preponderance of the evidence submitted to them during civil court testimonies/evidence.

Even if his conviction is removed it will be totally irrelevant in any civil trial/s against him. There the standard is much lower................by preponderance of the evidence (more likely than not threshold).

OJ was acquitted during his double homicide trial yet he lost the civil trial against him, and the jury awarded the Goldmans 33 million dollars.

Here, AH was found guilty unlike OJ, and yes, just like in the OJ case criminal trial testimony,evidence, and witnesses who testified then can also testify in the civil cases he may have against him.

If the civil cases aren't settled out of court by his Executor/Executrix the civil trials will be based on the same witnesses and testimony that was heard in the criminal trial that got him convicted.

Committing suicide and even if the conviction is removed by the courts it will do nothing to stop or deter the civil cases from going forward, and they will all be won,including the two murders he got away with this month, imo.

Has it been said how much money and assets AH had? If he had anything it will be years before all of this is finalized.

IMO

No defendant is ever found innocent in a criminal trial by the sitting jurors on the cases. They are only found NG or Guilty which is a big difference from being declared innocent. Being NG only means the jury didn't believe there was enough evidence to convict. It is never an affirmation that the jury believes any of the defendants were innocent. The only ones declared innocent was after years of being in prison, and solid proof was found to exonerate them of the crime altogether. That happens in a different court and is decided by Judges not regular juries who served on the criminal trial.

AH was not even found NG in the first murder trial like OJ was in his murder trial.Also just because a jury found him NG in the second trial that does not eliminate him from liability in those civil cases either. The civil court juries may think he is indeed guilty of all of the murders based on the preponderance of the evidence submitted to them during civil court testimonies/evidence.

Even if his conviction is removed it will be totally irrelevant in any civil trial/s against him. There the standard is much lower................by preponderance of the evidence (more likely than not threshold).

OJ was acquitted during his double homicide trial yet he lost the civil trial against him, and the jury awarded the Goldmans 33, million dollars.

Here, AH was found guilty unlike OJ, and yes, just like in the OJ case criminal trial testimony, and witnesses who testified then can also testify in the civil cases he may have against him.

If the civil cases aren't settled out of court by his Executor/Executrix the civil trials will be based on the same witnesses and testimony that was heard in the criminal trial that got him convicted.

Committing suicide and even if the conviction is removed by the courts it will do nothing to stop or deter the civil cases from going forward, and they will all be won,including the two murders he got away with this month, imo.

Has it been said how much money and assets AH had? If he had anything it will be years before all of this is finalized.

IMO

Thank you...

AS to innocent, not guilty usually means innocent in the LEGAL since, I received some of my information from this right or wrong......

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...aaron-hernandez-died-innocent-in-courts-eyes/

I wonder if they will do an autopsy on him. You have to wonder about repeated brain injuries and his behavior.

I wonder if they will do an autopsy on him. You have to wonder about repeated brain injuries and his behavior.

I believe that I read that they did an autopsy today.

So did AH have free roaming privileges all the time? This would allow anyone to enter his cell at anytime.

CBS news at 530pm today just reported "AH locked his door" before committing suicide.

Now I thought inmates were locked in their cells especially at night. Anyone know the rules of this prison? Thanks.

RSBM

Not only that ^^^ ; but, wouldn't there be cams in the hallways or facing the doors of the cells --to record who came and left ?
Just watching the sec. cams should show if anyone at all entered his cell that night/morning.
:moo:

So IF this suicide allows the conviction of Lloyd's death to be vacated then does that mean this Lloyd's family cannot collect any money...

from an article in 2003
Posted on 9/27/2003, 7:50:33 AM by John W

BOSTON (AP) - A court vacated the child molestation conviction of defrocked priest John Geoghan because he died in prison during his pending appeal, a ruling that angered accusers of the former cleric. The decision Friday by the Massachusetts Appeals Court is customary under state law when convicts die mid-appeal and attorneys seek to have their convictions voided.

Geoghan was not the first high-profile convict whose guilty verdict was voided because of a mid-appeal death. The conviction of John Salvi, who was convicted of murdering two abortion clinic workers in a 1994 shooting rampage at two Boston-area clinics, was voided in 1997 after he apparently committed suicide in his prison cell.

Massachusetts lawmakers tried to close the legal loophole that allowed the conviction to be expunged, but the effort died in the Legislature.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/990540/posts?page=1

Funny, I almost cited this case...another case of prison justice...yet people remember Geoghan not for the loophole in MGL, but for the crimes he committed, what he was convicted of, and how he died...

The press hardly mentioned this loophole for many reasons...one being they were busy covering a ton of other allegations of pedophile priests, trials, lawsuits, the archdiocese in crisis, hunting down victims, etc. This was from 2003...I know exactly where I was working in 2003 and believe me the press was covering quite a lot of related stories.

I honestly believe the press does not mention much of this at all thankfully, except in these short articles. I had forgotten about the Brookline clinic shooting and had no idea Salvi "apparently" committed suicide. Though I kind of remember something about him being insane. I was living down the street from where those shootings occurred as a college student but in 1997 had moved out of downtown (parents were not paying rent for my awesome condo anymore...upgrade from undergrad apartment I had in '94). Again...he is a killer...maybe it makes his family happy, but he was found guilty.

So IF this suicide allows the conviction of Lloyd's death to be vacated then does that mean this Lloyd's family cannot collect any money...

From my understanding legally it will make it much much harder.

Thank you...

AS to innocent, not guilty usually means innocent in the LEGAL since, I received some of my information from this right or wrong......

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...aaron-hernandez-died-innocent-in-courts-eyes/

Thank you and I do understand but IMO its the other way around. In the legal sense it isn't a declaration of innocence when found NG by juries. NG simply means the jury did not believe there was enough evidence entered to come to the determination of guilt. In the public, however; some do tend to believe if a person is found NG it means they are innocent.

Technically before he killed himself his appeals had not been completed. That is why the MA court may remove his conviction, but that doesn't mean he gets a pass when it comes to civil trials.

I think we may be talking about two different things. I am talking about him being found NG in the last trial and the legal definition of NG when voted on by a jury or a Judge in the initial criminal court case. The MA court can removed his conviction but no one in the public has to agree that he is innocent simply because he offed himself in such a cowardly way.

If NG meant innocent then we would all have to believe that OJ was completely innocent of murdering two victims. I doubt many believe that... like they dont believe for one nanosecond that CA was declared innocent because the jury voted to acquit.

Even if he still had outstanding debts those too can windup in civil court if they have not been paid. His estate can still be civilly sued in a civil court including anyone who has a valid claim and think they have been harmed by him.

People have been successfully sued in civil court and never had any criminal charges against them. There is no rule the Plaintiffs can only sue someone who has been arrested and charged/convicted with a crime.

Cathy‏ @courtchatter 3h3 hours ago
More
Cathy Retweeted Bob Ward Fox25
#AaronHernandez - Reports are being corrected to red marker.Cathy added,

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account @Bward3
Must clarify: John 3:16 message found on Hernandez forehead written in red blood marker, not blood story developing #fox25
1 reply 1 retweet 1 like
Reply 1 Retweet 1
Like 1

Yep I posted earlier. He should have deleted the orig but didnt it still up and retweeted alm 800 times. The correction not so many. Irresponsible.

I hope that Aaron Hernandez did this to protect his child. I've learned the hard way that life insurance does pay out if enough time has elapsed between taking out the policy and the suicide. Maybe this was his last act of looking out for his child, I hope. Such a wasted life.

Autopsy has to be done on any inmate that dies in jail/prison. Even those that are executed.

Louisa Moller‏ @LouisaMoller

Attorney for Furtado: the civil wrongful death suit against Hernandez can proceed against his estate. #WBZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member