MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was killed, not suicide

Statement from the prison:

Mr. Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing. Mr. Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. Mr. Hernandez also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.

Reminds me of an annulment, like it never happened. :)

Which would be just fine...if as a result of this "annulment" the people he killed would rise from the dead.

Sorry for the double post....

Wanted to add it seems like the media wants to try to hint that his murder conviction over the slaying of Odin Lloyd could be thrown out.
Hope not.
IMO

It can be thrown out in every way, shape and form; it won't make him innocent in the mind of anyone with an ounce of intelligence.

Which would be just fine...if as a result of this "annulment" the people he killed would rise from the dead.

They are going by law not by emotions. I understand what I have read as far as that goes. And it doesn't seem it is "new" but just something we don't realize much. Having said that it still has that WOW punch. So many emotions for so many for sure.

It can be thrown out in every way, shape and form; it won't make him innocent in the mind of anyone with an ounce of intelligence.

True but in the eyes of the law he will be innocent. Unless there is stipulations in contracts is also now means his heirs are entitled to signing bonus, and any other outstanding money that didn't have to be paid if he was guilty.

Also any civil lawsuits to my understanding will not be allowed to use evidence used in the trial. BUT someone correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

But if it was true that he had jammed things into/under the door to his cell, to try and prevent entry, then it seems impossible that someone murdered him. How could anyone place things there before leaving the cell?

They couldn't do so, ONLY AH could have done that. And I understand why he did so. The worst thing that could have happened would be that the guards cut him down before he was dead. Who wants to be 'saved' but with major brain damage?

So I would absolutely jam my cell door in the same way, if I was going to hang myself too.

:thinking: so was this person who is now on suicide watch in prison too? Lots of questions to be answered. And where he got the K2 and smoked. Tox results should be interesting. JMHO

BOSTON (CBS) – The WBZ I-Team has learned Aaron Hernandez had the bible verse “John 3:16” on his forehead when he was found dead in his prison cell early Wednesday morning.

It is one of the most quoted in Christianity and says in part that whoever believes in Jesus “shall not perish but have everlasting life.”

He also appeared to have red marker on his hands and feet.

Prison officials say “Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window” in the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center.

Law enforcement sources tell WBZ investigators are looking into the possibility that the former New England Patriot may have smoked synthetic marijuana called K2 Tuesday night.

Sources say investigators believe one of the last people to see Hernandez is a close friend who is now in isolation on what is called “eyeball suicide watch.”

The 22-year-old is in the health service unit with a 24-hour watch with a correction officer and camera watching his every move. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-john-316-prison-cell-death-investigation/

It would seem pretty hard to write a bible verse on your own forhead.

Ian O'Connor
ESPN Senior Writer April 19, 2017 11:48 a.m.
<snip>
Suicide is too complex to fit neatly inside a small box, and Hernandez leaves behind so many questions and so few answers. Why now? Why would he kill himself after winning an acquittal in the double homicide? Was he heartbroken over the fact he still couldn't be the day-to-day father his daughter needed him to be?

This much is clear: In his final days, even as a convicted murderer, Aaron Hernandez didn't come across as haunted. He actually looked like a guy who had a little something to live for. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-hernandez-found-dead-leaves-us-one-final-why

It would seem pretty hard to write a bible verse on your own forhead.

True. But not impossible.

What would be really hard would be trying to hang a big strong man like Aaron Hernandez. How many people would it take? Unless he was drugged heavily, imo. Tox results should be interesting.

:thinking: so was this person who is now on suicide watch in prison too? Lots of questions to be answered. And where he got the K2 and smoked. Tox results should be interesting. JMHO

BOSTON (CBS) – The WBZ I-Team has learned Aaron Hernandez had the bible verse “John 3:16” on his forehead when he was found dead in his prison cell early Wednesday morning.

It is one of the most quoted in Christianity and says in part that whoever believes in Jesus “shall not perish but have everlasting life.”

Prison officials say “Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window” in the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center.

Law enforcement sources tell WBZ investigators are looking into the possibility that the former New England Patriot may have smoked synthetic marijuana called K2 Tuesday night.

Sources say investigators believe one of the last people to see Hernandez is a close friend who is now in isolation on what is called “eyeball suicide watch.”

The 22-year-old is in the health service unit with a 24-hour watch with a correction officer and camera watching his every move. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-john-316-prison-cell-death-investigation/

Yes, it does sound like it's another inmate:

The 22-year-old is in the health service unit with a 24-hour watch with a correction officer and camera watching his every move.

Aaron Hernandez fought, got emblazoned with tattoos, and flirted/feuded with pen pals before his nearly four years of incarceration came to a violent end.

The fights:
Hernandez was disciplined for his involvement in a fight at the same maximum-security facility, the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center, in May 2015, CNN reported. Hernandez served as a lookout for another prisoner, who had gone into another cell where the two inmates fought.

Later that year, Hernandez was found with a shank-like weapon, according to multiple published reports. Hernandez, who had been in general population area of the facility, was placed in the segregated unit of the prison as a result.

Hernandez was back in general population when he was found in his cell, the door blocked with various items to impede prison personnel’s entry.

Hernandez also faced an assault charge after he allegedly attacked an inmate inside the Bristol County jail in 2014 as he awaited the start of his first murder trial.

“I’ve always sort of known Aaron Hernandez to be somebody who’s been able to completely control, almost like a mental trap, things that he let in and let out," Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson told WEEI on Wednesday. "I was talking with my staff people, saying I’m wondering, and of course I’m not a psychologist, I don’t have any background in it, but I do think he had some sociopathic tendencies.

"In addition to which, I wonder, that for all of the time, certainly all of the time that he was here, he never showed much in the way of emotion. It was always sort of very controlled. He was controlled about everything. He had a magnetic personality and knew how to use it to manipulate and get things. But more importantly, he just never really was allowing himself to feel any sort of emotion."

more at link https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor.../aaron-hernandez-four-years-prison/100659436/

Ex-Patriot Aaron Hernandez Found Dead In Cell; Family Wants Investigation In Bristol Native's Death
snips

Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey, a teammate at Florida, posted a picture of Hernandez on Instagram with a message: "To my friend my brother! Through thick and thin right or wrong we never left each other's side. Today my heart hurts as I got the worse news I could have imagined. It was just a day ago we shared our last convo. I will forever miss you and love you bro. we will meet again rest easy!

>
Tim Washington was a football player at Bristol Central in the early 2000s, winning the Connecticut Gatorade player of the year in 2001. Jonathan Hernandez won the same award in 2003 and Aaron Hernandez earned the honor in 2006.

In a Facebook message to The Courant, Washington referred to Jonathan and Aaron as his brothers.

"It's just so sad," Washington said. "I've been tied to the family since a very young age. I watched [Aaron] grow. It drives me crazy to hear the media demonize our town and where we come from, like it's streets of gangsters and ****s. Aaron grew up in a nice house with a great family and loving friends around him. He is and will always be our brother."

Bristol Mayor Ken Cockayne called the whole Hernandez story a tragedy.

"My heart goes out to all the victims," Cockayne said.

"This is somebody who could have changed so many kids' lives. Instead he shows them what not to do if you make it," Cockayne said. "It's too bad that somebody who made it where so many people dream to go took the turn to this.
http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-aaron-hernandez-death-0420-20170419-story.html

He left a lot of pain in his wake, clearly. But his death -- and the autopsy that should surely follow -- might be able to answer a few questions.

Did Hernandez suffer from chronic traumatic encephalopathy, the degenerative brain disease? If so, was the disease connected to his violent behavior? And if so: Did Hernandez's lifetime in football contribute to the disease?

Nothing less than the future of football may be at stake.

It may seem premature to ask such questions.

Certainly, Hernandez had a violent life away from the game of football -- getting involved in scrapes and legal troubles throughout his high school and college years before being drafted by the Patriots.

Then again, it could be that football damaged him badly, with repercussions for his victims and their families.

Here is why we have to ask: There is a long trail of bodies in recent years belonging to NFL players who, it turned out, were living with CTE.

We know the disease can cause massive personality changes in the persons it afflicts, manifesting in depression and violent behavior. And while correlation does not equal causation, the correlation gets stronger all the time.

Junior Seau, the Hall of Fame linebacker for the San Diego Chargers, committed suicide.

So did former Chicago Bears safety Dave Duerson. Jovan Belcher, a player for the Kansas City Chiefs, killed his girlfriend, then committed suicide in front of the team's general manager. All were discovered, after their deaths, to have suffered from CTE.

The disease has hit particularly hard in Pennsylvania, whose gridiron traditions are second to none.

Mike Webster, the center on the Pittsburgh Steelers' glory days teams in the 1970s, was one of the first players diagnosed with the disease, discovered after his post-playing life spiraled out of control.

Former Eagles safety Andre Waters killed himself in 2006. Owen Thomas, a University of Pennsylvania lineman, killed himself in 2010. All were diagnosed with CTE after their deaths.

CTE victims who don't kill themselves can still suffer. Kevin Turner, the former Eagles fullback, died of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis -- which in turn was triggered, doctors say, by CTE. Living players like Jim McMahon and Tony Dorsett have reported suffering from dementia and depression believed to have been brought on by the disease.

>
But if Hernandez's violence can be traced to his football playing, those excuses will be harder to maintain. If football damages its players so badly that the violence spills out to affect their families and communities, we're no longer just talking about individual choices -- we may be looking, instead, at a public health contagion.

The NFL Draft is being held next weekend in Philadelphia. Young men will take the stage, smile for the cameras, and celebrate a milestone in accomplishing their lifelong goals. For the sake of those young men, their loved ones, and the cities they play in, we need to find out whether Hernandez suffered from CTE. The time to ask the questions is now. http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2017/04/did_aaron_hernandezs_violent_l.html

BOSTON (CBS) &#8211; The WBZ I-Team has learned Aaron Hernandez had the bible verse &#8220;John 3:16&#8221; on his forehead when he was found dead in his prison cell early Wednesday morning.

It is one of the most quoted in Christianity and says in part that whoever believes in Jesus &#8220;shall not perish but have everlasting life.&#8221;

Prison officials say &#8220;Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window&#8221; in the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center.

Sources say investigators believe one of the last people to see Hernandez is a close friend who is now in isolation on what is called &#8220;eyeball suicide watch.
&#8221;

Reading this article it appears that the person "one of the last people to see Hernandez was a close friend who is now in isolation on what is called "eyeball suicide watch" Who "is in a health service unit with 24-hour watch with a correction officer and camera watching his every move" was an inmate too.

Assistant Deputy Commissioner of Communications Christopher Fallon also said Wednesday that officials had no concern that Hernandez was planning on taking his own life.

He said Hernandez would have been transferred to a mental health unit if there was any concern about his well-being.
http://www.wesh.com/article/former-...n-hernandez-commits-suicide-in-prison/9527669

smoking pot in prison ...is that the norm? Somehow I can't see him doing that bible verse...gotta wonder about this "close friend"

I believe he committed suicide. I think Aaron was a sociopath and there was no way he was going to sit in prison for the rest of his life.

WOW!
From WEEI 93.7 FM

The timing of Aaron Hernandez&#8217;s apparent suicide Wednesday morning was curious, considering he was acquitted on double murder charges five days ago. But a longtime caller to Kirk & Callahan, and ex-con, says Hernandez took his own life because of recently resurfaced rumors about his sexuality.

In an interview on K&C Monday, Boston journalist Michelle McPhee said Hernandez killed Odin Lloyd because he caught the former Patriots tight end in a &#8220;compromising position,&#8221; presumably with another man. &#8220;Rabbit,&#8221; who calls WEEI under an alias, told K&C he spoke with Hernandez about the accusation Tuesday.

&#8220;As a gang member, the one thing they don&#8217;t take lightly is homosexuality. It&#8217;s not allowed,&#8221; he said. &#8220;You have to be terminated. He knew it was going to be non-stop trouble for him.&#8221;

&#8220;Rabbit&#8221; claims he&#8217;s spoken with Hernandez &#8220;dozens of times&#8221; over the last four years. He said the ex-NFL star seemed incensed when they spoke, but not suicidal.

&#8220;[Hernandez] just was trying to explain to me to tell everybody that it was not true. It was 100 percent not true,&#8221; he explained. &#8220;And that people are out to get him, and that people weren&#8217;t happy with him. First of all, everybody loved him [in prison]. So I was telling him, &#8216;You don&#8217;t have to worry about these things. Nothing is going to happen to you.&#8217; He&#8217;s like, &#8216;No, no, you don&#8217;t understand.&#8217;

Prosecutors still haven&#8217;t attached a clear motive to the Lloyd shooting, four years after it occurred. During the investigation, law enforcement officials said Hernandez was likely stewing over incidents at a night club. http://mashup.weei.com/sports/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-gay-rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141