GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago
Next up Edward Reese, former State Police officer for 20yrs, now works for private utility company. #AaronHernandez -RK

Wild About Trial
‏@WildAboutTrial
Reese was officer that transported evid bags w/ shell casings to Lakeville crime lab. Establishing "chain of custody". #AaronHernandez -RK

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago
Witness recovered two copper jacketed projectiles from Odin Lloyd autopsy in Cape Cod. #AaronHernandez -RK

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1h 1 hour ago
Testimony is done for the day. Field trip day starts tomorrow at 9am. Nice to have an exercise day for the jury! #AaronHernandez -RK

Thanks, Chelly, for keeping up with this. Wish I could watch this live (and in person, since I could spit and hit Fall River) but I can't. I've been catching up on youtube in the evenings. Just wanted to say my heart broke for Odin's mother when the Judge told her she couldn't show emotion after looking at a picture of her dead son. How awful for her -- all of this. If I were on the jury and I saw a mother not showing emotion to such a thing, I'd wonder about her character, so I think the Judge went too far with this. Very sad. JMO

So what's the thinking on the pros theory of a love triangle? I'm not really seeing it. Although AH was getting more and more paranoid, so maybe he thought there was something going on...

I think the judge's instructions to the mother of the murder victim not to cry is outrageous---i remember only one other
Case like it---a family was murdered in florida and the x business partner was on trial for the murder and the judge instructed
Family members not to cry during testimony--- i was disgusted with the judge then and i am disgusted now in this case

I think the judge's instructions to the mother of the murder victim not to cry is outrageous---i remember only one other
Case like it---a family was murdered in florida and the x business partner was on trial for the murder and the judge instructed
Family members not to cry during testimony--- i was disgusted with the judge then and i am disgusted now in this case

well i guess the state must have some good reasons for taking this "field trip" today but going to his mansion to me is a very bad idea...more hints (not so subtle) of OJ Trial and if there are any Hernandez or Patriots fans on the jury (likely) then just being in his house will be exciting to them...not matter how many trophies and photos they hide. Also adds a very human dimension to the man they are being asked to convict...also since they all go sort of a "bonding" with the defendant can develop in the minds of some jurors. Honestly so far I am not optimistic about his being found guilty...the defense is continuing their plan to plant reasonable doubt and it could work. The field trip today would be more relevant if only to the sight of the crime and a drive by to see the proximity of the scene to defendant's home...but going inside????

I agree Turaj. The crime wasn't even committed at the house. There are plenty of pictures and drawings on the layout of the house. I have no problem following the testimony as to where people were walking/moving around the house. The gun was never found in the house...
The crime scene area has since been graded, trees cut down and doesn't look like it once did.
I could see possibly driving by areas as to distances from the victim's house to crime scene to def home but not much else.

I agree Turaj. The crime wasn't even committed at the house. There are plenty of pictures and drawings on the layout of the house. I have no problem following the testimony as to where people were walking/moving around the house. The gun was never found in the house...
The crime scene area has since been graded, trees cut down and doesn't look like it once did.
I could see possibly driving by areas as to distances from the victim's house to crime scene to def home but not much else.

I wonder if the state could have limited the trip to only include a drive by and defense then would have to show value in going in? I guess the fiance and daughter are living elsewhere...? I mean are they going to have baby things around etc. so that jury can think about taking a baby away from father. I think the state could do just as well with a video taken long before the inches of snow that cover everything now...they can't even see the ground these days. Maybe the judge is a fan and wants the home tour?

Jenkins still lives there. Per an article on ESPN. http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12284085/aaron-hernandez-trial-continues-fall-river
I guess he either paid for the home outright or has enough money yet to make the payments.

I am not so sure he is not renting that home? Of course he has the money...he has good advice and even if he is convicted his assets are protected by various legal manuvours (sp). That virtual tour should have been more than enough to get the lay of the land...this up close and personal viewing of where he lived and she and baby now living is a very good thing for the defense especially on the heels of his aggressive attys questioning of the people involved in the investigation....next thing there will be a "glove" or maybe a "blunt" whose size is not right?

:doh:

Judge chastises Aaron Hernandez lawyer for Deflategate joke

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — The judge overseeing the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has chastised his lawyer for making a joke about Deflategate while questioning a witness in court.

James Sultan was questioning a state police trooper about tire pressure Thursday when he jokingly asked whether the trooper had ever received ‘‘training in football deflation devices.’’

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...tegate-joke/CoqwmhuptJREkHQcLmUklM/story.html

Zillow history shows very interesting info. The house at 22 Ronald C Meyer was sold 11/15/12 for 1.3mil.
On 11/01/13 the house was sold for the grand sum of $1. Undoubtedly to get this asset out of Hernandez's name.
But the N Attleborough tax records for 2014 show the property still in his name. So call me confused.

:doh:

Judge chastises Aaron Hernandez lawyer for Deflategate joke

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — The judge overseeing the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has chastised his lawyer for making a joke about Deflategate while questioning a witness in court.

James Sultan was questioning a state police trooper about tire pressure Thursday when he jokingly asked whether the trooper had ever received ‘‘training in football deflation devices.’’

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...tegate-joke/CoqwmhuptJREkHQcLmUklM/story.html

I thought I heard him say that, and then I thought there is no way he would.

Unreal.

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 2h2 hours ago
Jury view happening this am, stops at several places including Odin Lloyd's home & #Hernandez home @wpri12

We will start in the courtroom, attorneys are here. Judge is not on the bench yet. #HernandezTrial @wpri12

Just like in the courtroom, we are not allowed to show the jurors while they are on the jury view. @wpri12 HernandezTrial

Judge: No photos of jurors including from above in a helicopter, of their feet. Nothing at all. @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

Judge leaving it up to @MassStatePolice discretion to determine if roads need to be closed off during jury view @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

Per court rules, media/public has to stay 25 yards away from jury at all times. @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

Defense: It's been widely reported that we tried to strategically manipulate the #Hernandez home. We did not. @wpri12

#Hernandez will not go along for the jury view (typical protocol for defendants). @wpri12

Prosecution: 7 points I want you to pay attention to. First stop is a cell tower near exit 2 off of I-95. @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

Prosecution: 2nd stop near Foxboro for a second cell tower. #HernandezTrial @wpri12

At Fayston St prosecutors will point out Odin Lloyd's home & the home of the neighbor across the street. @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

Fayston Street is about 50 miles from Bristol Co Superior Court. (4 cell tower views on the way.) @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member