GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other testimony, prosecutors called Marilia Prinholato, a Brazilian immigrant who cleaned Hernandez's 7,100-square-foot North Attleboro home. On two occasions, while changing a bed in a basement guest room, Prinholato said she saw a "heavy, black" gun under the mattress.
On a later occasion, Prinholato said she and another house cleaner, while cleaning the master bedroom, saw a smaller silver and black handgun inside a pair of khakis that Hernandez had worn the night before.
Garsh instructed jurors that while they could consider Prinholato's testimony to be evidence that Hernandez had the means to acquire firearms, that they could not use that as evidence that Hernandez committed the murder, as prosecutors allege.
- See more at: http://norton.wickedlocal.com/article/20150223/NEWS/150228794#sthash.XAKWJA1Q.dpuf

Maybe, she can justify it as being legally required. But her tone and attitude was way over the top, imo. Nothing wrong with a judge giving jurors those kinds of legal notifications. But she did so in a very negative and snarky way, imo. Like she was dismissing the evidence totally, and admonishing the jury to do the same.

Also, it could have been put in the jury instructions. I don't usually see a judge jump into the middle of a witnesses testimony and giver instructions like that.

I can't stand this judge's demeanor and her rulings stink--my only point is that the way she did it (in such a routine manner) made me think she was required by law to say it.

I agree about the judge sounding so harsh, and interrupting the witnesses. It would not bother me if they were professionals, like forensics, or LE or expert witnesses. But they were regular civilians, with no biases, just happened to hear shots or find evidence while house cleaning, and she interrupted and barked legalese at them, like she was scolding them. I hope the jury hates her as much as I do. lol

And she seemed to do that without responding to an objection by the DT. She just started in and told the jurors that the gun evidence did not mean the defendant was a killer. What a DREAM judge for the DT.

Yes...she is sort of objecting on behalf of the defense...since when is that how it goes? I feel like she is 100% for Hernandez and more than just seeing he gets a fair trial.

Let us hope we have a very smart jury with common sense...anyone can see those girls today were just telling what they found and saw...and the owner of the service no doubt has lost a very lucrative source of customers from the team...this is not good for her. It was disgusting to hear how he just dropped his pants on the floor and how they lived in general...and all those guns just around everywhere with a child in the house...I hope they get the fiance too.

Yes...she is sort of objecting on behalf of the defense...since when is that how it goes? I feel like she is 100% for Hernandez and more than just seeing he gets a fair trial.

I saw a tweet earlier where someone said they suspected the judge was wearing a Hernandez jersey under her robes:)

I saw a tweet earlier where someone said they suspected the judge was wearing a Hernandez jersey under her robes:)

somehow I do see her as a season ticket holder. She is VERY aware of the cameras and if you watch her "rampage" last week she would at some points be talking to the camera...she just could not contain herself. Not a great quality in a judge.

I can't help but feel we may have one more cleaning person as they said they will need the translator again on Monday...but I think the fact that the state got it out there that she was paid by check on the cleaning day and the owner pays her employees...the finance has been caught in a lie saying she needed to take her sister's car to the bank to get cash for the cleaners....so I think Shayana is coming soon.

Thanks for this link...I have really wondering about the lack of posts here on this trial and apparently it extends to the entire country and even the town hosting the trial. I think many trial watchers are still caught up in Jodi Arias and it is coming to a close soon. I find Hernandez interesting but difficult to watch due to the Judge . She simply does not come off as impartial and it bothers me. Friday she screams that an appeal court will uphold her decision on the texts and yesterday she is back saying she is reconsidering.???

I like Judge Garsh, admire and respect her handling of a courtroom. She is a fair and learned scholar of law. But then, I am originally from Boston.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
Housekeeper: when Shayanna returned to house after leaving w/ trash bag she was crying, pacing, nervous. #AaronHernandez -RK

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
Barbosa says she was paid by Grazi, never paid cash by Shayanna or anyone there. #AaronHernandez -RK
Christina Hager ‏@HagerWBZ 2m2 minutes ago
#AaronHernandez's maid says day after murder, his fiancé was on the phone. "She was crying. She was nervous. She was walking back & forth.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
#AaronHernandez Grazi, who testified yesterday, paid Barbosa. The Hernandez’s did not

#AaronHernandez Barbosa knew police were there. She didn’t talk to them at that time but talked to them on a Saturday

#AaronHernandez Barbosa knew police were there. She didn’t talk to them at that time but talked to them on a Saturday

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 3s3 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez McCauley finished with direct. Fee up for cross.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 21s22 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez Def- you started working for Grazi in may 2013 and was there 3x? Barbosa - yes

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 29s30 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez Def - did you clean entire house, in the basement?
Barbosa - yes

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 29s30 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez Def - did you clean entire house, in the basement?
Barbosa - yes

#AaronHernandez
Def- also organized bedroom in basement?
Barbosa - No, my area was bathroom. Wasn’t to organize whole house.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 29s29 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez -
Def - You saw a white Audi in driveway?
Barbosa - yes

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 33s33 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez
Barbosa- the 2 times I don’t know but I saw the car before

#AaronHernandez
Def- also organized bedroom in basement?
Barbosa - No, my area was bathroom. Wasn’t to organize whole house.

#AaronHernandez
Barbosa- the 2 times I don’t know but I saw the car before

#AaronHernandez
Def- you were there only 3 days?
Barbosa -yes

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
#AaronHernandez
Def - only 2 cars in driveway on 6/18?
Barbosa - Yes

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
#AaronHernandez Barbosa seems overwhelmed. Just said “My God” softly

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 44s44 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez Def- Shayanna never said, don’t look at me”
Barbosa - No

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 30s30 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez
Def - did the bag look heavy?
Barbosa - Maybe

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 50s51 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez
Def - you never saw what was inside that bag?
Barbosa - No

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 52s53 seconds ago
#AaronHernandez
Def - you never saw any guns in the house?
Barbosa - No

I wonder if the fiance is ever going to testify????

Brian Fraga ‏@BfragaHN · 43s44 seconds ago
Day 16 of #AaronHernandez trial coming up. Here's a recap of yesterday's courtroom proceedings: http://shar.es/1Wdbds via @hnnow #FallRiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli