GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so curious about this towel, did they find AH's DNA on it? Or matching towels in his home?

this judge is like a cat on a hot tin roof...she keeps calling them back interrupting them and it seems like her bus in leaving and she is scared of the snow...this is a murder trial.

she is counting on him getting off and I would be stunned if she throws him under the bus in any way...she will no doubt just not remember alot

I am not sure she will be able to 'just not remember.' I think the prosecutor has some leverage over her. Otherwise she would have never agreed to testify at all. The immunity is because they convinced her they could charge her with something for dumping the gun---like accessory to MURDER?

If she wants to keep her immunity deal then she has to testify as promised. If she gets up and says I 'don't remember'---she may be charged with someone. jmo

Good Morning WS Friends, :seeya:
Today is half-day, I believe.

AH was video recorded removing battery from his phone in car with his attorney. Does anyone know if that atty was a member of his defense team?

AH was video recorded removing battery from his phone in car with his attorney. Does anyone know if that atty was a member of his defense team?

watching this Enterprise employee (although she talks like she owns the entire company) something off with her testimony. She gets a car back in very bad shape which sounds like lots of damage...gives them another one no questions asked because he has insurance...then when cleaning the car ashes all over (thought all rental cars were no smoking these days) and on top of all of that a buillet casing...and just throws it away???

Her body language as she told atty about throwing it away was interesting...as is her constantly looking over at "Aaron"...she is so star struck it is sad. I bet she will really be friendly to his atty.

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 2m2 minutes ago
2:00pm motion hearing for #HernandezTrial - see you then! @wpri12

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/detective-expected-back-stand-aaron-hernandez-trial-064216548--nfl.html

Also Wednesday, Superior Court Judge Sudan Garsh ruled that prosecutors may not call to the stand Hernandez's high school friend Robert Paradis.

Paradis testified when the jury was out of the courtroom that he had visited Hernandez in April 2013 at his condo in Los Angeles. He said Hernandez told him he kept ''fire'' or ''heat'' under the seat of his car and indicated it was a .45-caliber weapon, the same as the murder weapon, which has never been found.

Paradis said that after Hernandez left the condo, Hernandez called back to ask him to check whether he had left ''it'' in his bedroom. Paradis opened a drawer, saw a black shirt wrapped around an object and lifted it up but never opened it. He said it felt like a gun.

Big Win for the Aaron Hernandez Defense

It was another big win for the Aaron Hernandez defense on Wednesday.

Judge Susan Garsh ruled that testimony about a .45-caliber gun from Hernandez's childhood friend, Robert Paradis, will not be allowed into trial due to inconsistencies, among other reasons, and because it would only be "prejudicial."

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...ck-on-Stand-in-Hernandez-Trial-292339571.html

'Morning all!

Having Paradis' testimony would have been nice but I doubt it's that big of a win, he never actually saw the gun itself and the defense would have been all over that plus the differences between what he'd say here and what he told the grand jury. The prosecution, on the other hand, has home security video of AH with a gun, in his home, on the night of the murder - let the defense try to explain that away.

Susan Campbell @S_E_Campbell
We are in session here (9:04am) - jurors being brought in now. @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

For the second day in a row, there's nobody sitting on #AaronHernandez's side of the courtroom. @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

Trooper John Conron from @MassStatePolice is the first witness called today @wpri12 #HernandezTrial

'Morning all!

Having Paradis' testimony would have been nice but I doubt it's that big of a win, he never actually saw the gun itself and the defense would have been all over that plus the differences between what he'd say here and what he told the grand jury. The prosecution, on the other hand, has home security video of AH with a gun, in his home, on the night of the murder - let the defense try to explain that away.

In general I think the judge has been very generous to the defense...on Paradise she really made the right call...and frankly did the state a favor...he would have been a very bad witness and yes the defense would have really made him look bad...I also agree that it is too far removed from the "event" in question.

I hope that the lack of fiance in court means she is called today but doubt it. These troopers are important to the case but not that interesting for us casual court watchers.

The case against Aaron Hernandez: Where are the shoes?
Fri February 20, 2015

A murder weapon isn't the only thing missing as prosecutors try to convince jurors that former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez orchestrated the execution of Odin Lloyd.

The shoes prosecutors say Hernandez was wearing at the industrial park where Lloyd was killed also have seemingly vanished into thin air.

"The shoes and footprints caused by the shoes (are) a big deal," says CNN legal analyst Paul Callan, a former homicide prosecutor.

A big deal because connecting an athletic shoe impression found near Lloyd's body to Hernandez could help prove he directly participated in Lloyd's death.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/20/us/hernandez-evidence-shoes/

Much more at link^^^

:fireworks: Judge got very heated and yelled at the prosecutor. I heard her. Yikes!!! :eek:

Brian Crandall ‏@nbc10_brian · 5m5 minutes ago
The exchange between the judge and prosecutor McCauley was tense, to say the least. #AaronHernandez

Byron Barnett ‏@Byron_Barnett · 5m5 minutes ago
Judge/Prosecutor raising their voices over whether prosecutor can ask Lloyd's sister about final texts from Lloyd. #7News #AaronHernandez

Brian Fraga ‏@BfragaHN · 4m4 minutes ago
Link to 2010 story where McCauley blasted Garsh after another murder trial they had together #AaronHernandez

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/20100702/News/7020327?template=printart …

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 3m3 minutes ago
Garsh: "I am making a ruling. And my ruling stands. The appellate court can figure it out." #AaronHernandez -RK. Boom!

Brian Crandall ‏@nbc10_brian · 2m2 minutes ago
Text messages from Lloyd to sister are important to prosecution, placing Lloyd with #AaronHernandez. Judge had already tossed some out.

Bob McGovern ‏@BobMcGovernJr · 1m1 minute ago  Bedford, NH
Remember: ADA McCauley asked Judge Garsh to recuse herself from this case due to their past dealings. Garsh declined. #AaronHernandez

:fireworks: Judge got very heated and yelled at the prosecutor. I heard her. Yikes!!! :eek:

Brian Crandall ‏@nbc10_brian · 5m5 minutes ago
The exchange between the judge and prosecutor McCauley was tense, to say the least. #AaronHernandez

Byron Barnett ‏@Byron_Barnett · 5m5 minutes ago
Judge/Prosecutor raising their voices over whether prosecutor can ask Lloyd's sister about final texts from Lloyd. #7News #AaronHernandez

Link to 2010 story where McCauley blasted Garsh after another murder trial they had together #AaronHernandez

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/20100702/News/7020327?template=printart …

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 3m3 minutes ago
Garsh: "I am making a ruling. And my ruling stands. The appellate court can figure it out." #AaronHernandez -RK. Boom!

Brian Crandall ‏@nbc10_brian · 2m2 minutes ago
Text messages from Lloyd to sister are important to prosecution, placing Lloyd with #AaronHernandez. Judge had already tossed some out.

Bob McGovern ‏@BobMcGovernJr · 1m1 minute ago  Bedford, NH
Remember: ADA McCauley asked Judge Garsh to recuse herself from this case due to their past dealings. Garsh declined. #AaronHernandez

The judge should be ASHAMED of herself for taking out the texts to the sister. What is her excuse for that? Her legal justification seemed very weak and wrong headed, imo.

She seems to strongly dislike the prosecution. I hope she does not allow this killer to walk free.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/artic...plate=printart …

McCauley also was critical of Garsh, the trial judge, saying she "had apparently no background in these types of cases" before being named to the bench.

"The commonwealth's evidence, painstakingly gathered in spite of uncooperative witnesses' attempts to deny it, was repeatedly limited or excluded by the trial judge, who exhibited antagonism to the commonwealth's case throughout the course of the trial," he said.

"We are thankful that the jury so faithfully discharged its duty. We expect and demand more from the witnesses and the judges who hear these most serious cases," he concluded.

Garsh declined to respond to McCauley's remarks when approached in her chambers. She said she is prevented by the judicial canon of ethics from responding because an appeal in the case is possible.

why did Judge deny the texts into evidence:

Garsh also said Friday she would not admit the final text messages sent by Lloyd to his sister, including one sent just minutes before he was shot to death at an industrial park near Hernandez's North Attleborough home.

Prosecutors say Lloyd sent the messages while in a car with Hernandez and suggested they showed he had become fearful. One said, "U saw who I'm with" and another indicated the person was "NFL," referring to Hernandez, adding "just so u know."

McCauley suggested Hernandez stopped somewhere on the way to the spot Lloyd was killed, saying investigators found dirt in his car's tires that didn't match soil from the crime scene. The car, which had been in "pristine shape" when Lloyd was picked up, was later found to be scratched and the side mirror missing, he said.

Defense lawyers called it "rank speculation" that the texts indicated fear and said they were inadmissible.

Garsh said the texts did not suggest any hostility and that prosecutors didn't meet the burden to prove Lloyd felt he was at an "imminent death."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...12-killings-inadmissible-aaron-hernandez-case

I do not understand the judges reasoning. She said the texts did not suggest hostility. So? They did suggest that the murder victim wanted to wake his sister at 3 am and make sure she KNEW who he was with, as he was driven to that remote field. Why shouldn't the jury be told who he was with?
I just don't understand why it should be excluded. It was TRUE that he was riding with 'NFL' moments before he was murdered. So why can't the jury be told about that text he sent, moments before he was shot?
The judge says that the prosecutors did not prove that Lloyd felt his death was imminent. Why does that matter? he surely felt it was important info to pass on, even at 3 am. He said he wanted her to know.

Personally, I think this judge is incompetent and a bit disgusting.

Watching some of the trial LIVE on HLN now. Yay, kind of like old times, lol

The neighbor across the street from Odin lloyds house has surveillance video from the night of the murder. It shows Lloyd getting into a Nissan, driven by Hernandez.

The judge should be ASHAMED of herself for taking out the texts to the sister. What is her excuse for that? Her legal justification seemed very weak and wrong headed, imo.

She seems to strongly dislike the prosecution. I hope she does not allow this killer to walk free.

Liberal judge. They are in Taxachusetts you know. Makes me so mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead