GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecution rests in trial of ex-NFL player Aaron Hernandez

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) -
The prosecution has rested its case in the murder trial of former New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez.

Before resting their case Thursday, prosecutors called more than 100 witnesses and submitted hundreds of pieces of evidence. Those included surveillance videos from inside Hernandez's home that showed him holding what appeared to be a gun less than 10 minutes after Lloyd's killing. A joint found near Lloyd's body had DNA from both men on it.

http://www.whdh.com/story/28705420/prosecution-rests-in-trial-of-ex-nfl-player-aaron-hernandez

Adam Bagni ‏@NBC10_Adam 6m6 minutes ago

Yes, we will live stream tomorrow

With the end of the prosecution's case today (and the defense to only be a one-day deal), I thought we could list some things we've learned during the trial:

In the case of Shaneah/Shayanna, blood isn't always thicker than water.

1 ounce of pot fits in a regular-sized sandwich baggie and 30 pounds may not be too much for a 24"x 12" box.

Boston can receive over 100 inches of snow and still (mostly) function.

Judge Garsh loves colorful neck ornamentation and frequent jury instructions.

Courtroom personnel seem to each have a singular job description.

Home surveillance systems can sometimes work to your disadvantage.

Wide screen TVs melt when placed too close to a fireplace (which is why so many mount them directly over one).

You can get a sweet immunity deal and still not testify to the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God.

You can shoot a guy, and have him testify against you, and not be allowed to say you shot him, as it might affect the jury's decision about the other guy you shot using the exact same M.O..

I'm sure there are many more lessons learned....

Dear geevee, excellent summary (former Bostonian here)

Another truism:

You can apparently chain smoke pot, occasionally laced with other drugs, and never fail an NFL drug test.

As we would say in Boston.."Wicked good"

Lisa Kraus Edwards ‏@LAKEdwards 33m33 minutes ago

Reminder: 1st degree murder in Massachusetts "includes" 2nd degree (no premeditation), manslaughter

#AaronHernandez http://twitdoc.com/3ZZO

I also think he is "guilty as sin" and I think he was the shooter---after all he was the " one who was disrespected " He had a $40 million contract and he acts like a . DUMB

With the end of the prosecution's case today (and the defense to only be a one-day deal), I thought we could list some things we've learned during the trial:

In the case of Shaneah/Shayanna, blood isn't always thicker than water.

1 ounce of pot fits in a regular-sized sandwich baggie and 30 pounds may not be too much for a 24"x 12" box.

Boston can receive over 100 inches of snow and still (mostly) function.

Judge Garsh loves colorful neck ornamentation and frequent jury instructions.

Courtroom personnel seem to each have a singular job description.

Home surveillance systems can sometimes work to your disadvantage.

Wide screen TVs melt when placed too close to a fireplace (which is why so many mount them directly over one).

You can get a sweet immunity deal and still not testify to the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God.

You can shoot a guy, and have him testify against you, and not be allowed to say you shot him, as it might affect the jury's decision about the other guy you shot using the exact same M.O..

I'm sure there are many more lessons learned....

Just brilliant! Thank you!

I've watched several charge conferences before and I always wonder if the judge/attnys really believe how a jury decides the case has very much to do with what's in those final instructions. I don't think they do, I think it comes down to gut feeling/evidence after hearing all the witnesses and the instructions are merely a guideline of what looks good on paper but probably doesn't matter so much in application/deliberations.

Just finished reading it. Kind of scares me.

Worry not, the the evidence shows a) the joint found near OL had AH's and OL's DNA on it, b) AH on video with the gun in his home less than an hour after OL was killed, and c) of the three, AH had the relationship with OL - no motion stating to the contrary defeats those facts. :)

Worry not, the the evidence shows a) the joint found near OL had AH's and OL's DNA on it, b) AH on video with the gun in his home less than an hour after OL was killed, and c) of the three, AH had the relationship with OL - no motion stating to the contrary defeats those facts. :)

P.S. And now after looking through the whole motion, the defense lays out pretty well the evidence against AH - how could they not find him guilty?

P.S. And now after looking through the whole motion, the defense lays out pretty well the evidence against AH - how could they not find him guilty?

I felt better after I heard McCauley attack the motion this morning:)

I also think he is "guilty as sin" and I think he was the shooter---after all he was the " one who was disrespected " He had a $40 million contract and he acts like a . DUMB

He IS a .

Another truism:

You can apparently chain smoke pot, occasionally laced with other drugs, and never fail an NFL drug test.

BBM:

I'm thinking that the NFL deserves a huge refund for testing services ...................or perhaps they've already switched the testing lab ........or the "prior payment for services" has achieved its goal, ALL negative screens, no GC/MS needed! AND everybody plays!

If McCauley uses the same phrasing for the closing arguments as he did this morning they'll be back quick.

If McCauley uses the same phrasing for the closing arguments as he did this morning they'll be back quick.

Agreed, I just watched what I missed yesterday, if his closing argument hews closely to what McCauley stated I don't see how a 'reasonable' finder of fact could not convict him on all counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member